shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you rather have a five stone or 3/4 eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
dreamer, I think you have me figured out. Like I said, I was never a "diamond girl" and I even picked out my stone! I thought that it would be big enough and I would save money for our trip to Hawaii. But now I just think that it is way too small... It is beautiful and I just need to accept the size and move on for now. I think that a blingy band would help.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Can''t you use the money for the band to purchase a larger diamond?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you stopped into a store and tried on the 2 options you''re considering? I think that will help tremendously. I really do not think the 5 stone will overwhelm your ring - continued good luck!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on a beautiful 5 stone today! I am in love with this ring but it is a little too big for my e-ring. The salesperson said that the stones were about .20 points each and that maybe I should be looking for about .15 pointers to match my ring. I am thinking of buying the ring anyways because it was a good deal. The stones were supposedly ideal cut but I am no expert and there was no certification. But, the ring was just as sparkly and clean looking as my ACA. This ring had serious bling factor but I saw it in a pawn shop and it doesn''t fit my ering. For some reason I still want this ring. It was $895 and that would be a great deal on a 1ctw band. Right?

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 11:27:53 PM
Author: akmiss
I tried on a beautiful 5 stone today! I am in love with this ring but it is a little too big for my e-ring. The salesperson said that the stones were about .20 points each and that maybe I should be looking for about .15 pointers to match my ring. I am thinking of buying the ring anyways because it was a good deal. The stones were supposedly ideal cut but I am no expert and there was no certification. But, the ring was just as sparkly and clean looking as my ACA. This ring had serious bling factor but I saw it in a pawn shop and it doesn''t fit my ering. For some reason I still want this ring. It was $895 and that would be a great deal on a 1ctw band. Right?
Try thefacetscollection.com for their 7 stone- if you want to wear it with your ering.

You said "it doesn''t fit my ering"- don''t buy it, you''ll just end up kicking yourself later. UNLESS.....

The ring sounds like a good deal 5 stone 1ctw. What if you wanted to wear it on your right hand? Then you wouldn''t have to worry about matching and it won''t over power your ering.

But then that defeats the purpose of wanting a blingier ring to wear next to your ering.

-Blue

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.... go back in and take a picture of the 2 rings together to show your "friends" and decide. Then, post it here. I''ve seen some ER''s on the slightly smaller side with good sized 5 stone rings and if the settings are all classic and simple it can look really amazing together.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i''m all for downplaying the w-band and letting the e-ring shine! so i vote 3/4 eternity and get the 5 stone ring in the future to wear alone or on the RH.

i have 4 pointers in my 3/4 eternity w-band and it really accents my 1.64ct e-ring. i also sometimes wear my 2.56ctw eternity band with my e-ring but it seems to overpower it a bit. the stones in my eternity band are 16 pointers. i only wear that combo when i want extra extra bling, but for everyday i love my 3/4 eternity.

but i definitely love the idea of a huge 5 stone ring, so i''ll go that route in the future. maybe a 5 stone ring with 0.40ct stones? yum!!
18.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love the five stone but I think that the eternity will compliment my ering better. Plus, the daintiness will go better with my short finger
2.gif
As for taking pictures, I have not been able to take any successful ones
15.gif
I have a Nikon coolpix LI1 and all my pics turn out blurry. Maybe it is time to find the manual.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results