shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you rather have a five stone or 3/4 eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking of buying a 3/4 eternity band from WF but was also considering a .50ct five-stone. I searched for pics of smaller WF five-stones but could not find any. My question is, which would you rather have? and which would have a bigger bling factor? If anyone has pics please share and thanks in advance for any input.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two 3/4 eternity bands, one full eternity band and I''m having my five stone ring made now. I think the bigger "bling factor" comes from five stone rings. One thing you should know about 3/4 eternity bands is that the sizing bar rarely stays on the bottom on your finger for very long, and frankly....... that drives me nuts (!) when I look down at my hand and see the sizing bar up top looking at me. I''d opt for either a full eternity or a five stone. Just my opinion.... Hopefully someone will have the pictures you asked for.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
My personal choice would be a 5 stone. I think it would look more noticeable than a 3/4 eternity but depends too if its going to be worn with an enagement ring or by itself. If its with an ering, you don''t want to overpower the center stone

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Hey! Will you be wearing it with your engagement ring? If so, it would be nice to see that as a frame of reference. If you are wearing it solo, I would go for the 5 stone for the bling factor.

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Oh five stone, the bigger the diamonds the better!
31.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 6:15:33 PM
Author: gemgirl
I have two 3/4 eternity bands, one full eternity band and I''m having my five stone ring made now. I think the bigger ''bling factor'' comes from five stone rings. One thing you should know about 3/4 eternity bands is that the sizing bar rarely stays on the bottom on your finger for very long, and frankly....... that drives me nuts (!) when I look down at my hand and see the sizing bar up top looking at me. I''d opt for either a full eternity or a five stone. Just my opinion.... Hopefully someone will have the pictures you asked for.
I agree with gemgirl... I think a five stone will definately look more "blingy" and I would be worried about the blank part of the 3/4 ending up spinning to the top.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I will be wearing it with an ering. Its a .60 ACA with a plain wg Tiffany six-prong setting. The ring is lovely but I want a little more bling without doing an upgrade.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Certainly there's more bling factor with the five stone if that's what you're looking for, but I feel like it would overpower your stone. I vote for 3/4 band because It would give you just a little more bling without overpowering. I would like a 3/4 because it both appears that it goes all the way around but can be sized.

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 7:19:49 PM
Author: akmiss
I will be wearing it with an ering. Its a .60 ACA with a plain wg Tiffany six-prong setting. The ring is lovely but I want a little more bling without doing an upgrade.
I would get a facets 11, 9, 7 or 5 stone depending on my budget.

Blue

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 7:21:35 PM
Author: heraanderson
Certainly there''s more bling factor with the five stone if that''s what you''re looking for, but I feel like it would overpower your stone. I vote for 3/4 band because It would give you just a little more bling without overpowering. I would like a 3/4 because it both appears that it goes all the way around but can be sized.
Ditto!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you know my answer...if you want the bling factor go with the 5-stone.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I know that I want a 5-stone but the ering would probably look better with the thinner 3/4 eternity! Either way I will be happier than I am now! My hubby swears that I will never be happy as long as I keep looking on PS. I never consider myself a diamond girl until now!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
go for the 5 stone - I think it will look great and you will be happy with it. You can always switch off with your plian band if you want, but you''ll have your BLING option - I say GO FOR IT!!!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 7:52:35 PM
Oh, I know that I want a 5-stone but the ering would probably look better with the thinner 3/4 eternity! Either way I will be happier than I am now! My hubby swears that I will never be happy as long as I keep looking on PS. I never consider myself a diamond girl until now!
If you haven't tried it and just think it would probably look better, try something similar on. I agree with the others that the 5-stone would be blingy-er, but see which look you prefer with your e-ring. (I can't really answer what I would prefer as it would depend what I'm wearing it with.)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock

If you think the 3/4 eternity would look better, get the 3/4 now, and the 5 stone...later
31.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
what timing, i just got my authorization number to return my 7 stone band to WF, i would rather have 3/4 eternity. this was just the .35 ct little band from the web site, but my issue is that there is not enough east west coverage. the metal goes around my finger and climbs up my finger over the sides and up top. i like a nice row of diamonds all the way to the edge of my finger and a little down the sides, this is not even covering the top. i suppose bigger diamonds might do it, i dont know, but ask about coverage first, whatever you do. ill probably get the 3/4 eternity down the road, although now that someone said it, i''m am worried about the sizing bar staring me in the face. i dont want eternity cause ill worry about hitting the bottom on something. it would be perfect if this ring just had 10 diamonds instead of 7.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
As a new owner of a 5 stone ring, I vote that! I debated over that and a full eternity, but I wanted BLING so I went with 5 larger stones. I personally wouldn''t consider a 3/4 eternity for myself because that little bit with no stones would drive me batty. I understand the practicality of it in terms of resizing, but I don''t care for the look. Either a 5 stone, half or full eternity...but not a 3/4. This for my taste, of course.

If you''re looking for the bling factor, then a 5 stone is what you want.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If wearing it with your e-ring, my initial response would be the 3/4 eternity, and the 5 stone if wearing alone. But...as long as the 5-stone did not overpower the e-ring, I would go with that for the bling factor.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try them both on first!

That being said, I would never get a 3/4 eternity as that little bit of metal would drive me mad, so I vote 5-stone.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
personally i would rather have both lol

no but seriously im on the 5 stone team here....

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I just received my 3/4 eternity from WF. I chose the 3/4 because I want to have the flexibility in sizing it someday when I am older, fatter or get arthritis knuckles. Mine doesn't spin around much. I also am rather rough and hate the idea of wacking my diamonds on surfaces. I got the WF standard stone size and am glad I didn't go bigger because I think I'd feel the prongs against my other fingers.

But it all depends on you. I wanted this to be my everyday ring since I only bring out my Leon for special occasions. I do want a nice big 5 stone for my right hand someday. But that would come and go like the Leon.

Since I just got this and haven't posted it yet you are the first to see it and I haven't taken hand shots yet.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Size 5 3/4

34eternity.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
swingirl, I love your ring! And can''t wait to see some hand-shots. I really love the idea of a 5-stone but I think that it would take too much away from my current e-ring. Being able to size a ring is a must for me also. I have a weird feeling that I will end up getting both. Maybe not right away but eventually for sure! Decisions, Decisions! A 11-stone would be great too!
41.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, akmiss. Signed Pieces also has some nice eternity, 5, 7, 9 stone bands. Others from PS have bought from them and have been happy. They offer quiet a variety of sizes and prices.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
5-stone!!!
36.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
With an e-ring definately 3/4 for me or even a 9 stone from Signed Pieces. That way you can have bigger coverage on the top, it looks like a full eternity and you have the protection of no stones on the underside. If the ring is sized correctly it shouldnt really spin anymore than any other ring. I also recommend checking out signed pieces. If you type signed pieces eternity, wedding band you should see lots of half eternity styles from others and myself.

good luck
35.gif

DB2

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girl I feel your pain! I feel the same way and that's why I got a .90cttw half eternity band as a wedding band to wear with my orignial e-ring... But you know what? It overpowered my stone and made me even more unhappy with my solitaire (which was a sapphire). So then I got side-stones for my sapphire, but that still wasn't what I truly wanted--a nice big diamond solitaire! Now I wish I had gotten a simple pave eternity band and and saved all the rest of the movey on the band and sidestones for an upgrade to a nice size diamond solitaire, which is what I really want. Sounds like that's what you really want too, and one thing I learned from my experience is that trying to use a band-aid solution for the desire for a larger diamond can be a waste of money!

So for you I'd say get a really delicate eternity band to compliment, not overpower, your ring, and save your bucks for getting that upgrade in the future! Just my 2 cents!

DD

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2008 7:21:54 PM
Author: BlueJeans

Date: 3/4/2008 7:19:49 PM
I would get a facets 11, 9, 7 or 5 stone depending on my budget.

Blue
I''m with BlueJeans. That''s another alternative worth thinking about. (After my five stone is done and I take a little monetary breather, I''m putting my name on one of those nine stone Facets rings).

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I would prefer the 3/4 eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results