shape
carat
color
clarity

Wire flower setting idea help

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to everyone who gave me such wonderful ideas. It is much appreciated and I have thought on it a lot.

I am going to probably step back from this for a bit.

I requested a few quotes and realized for something fully custom like this:
  1. I feel out of my depth and it's very expensive (well, duh!) - I am not ready to do a trust fall and end up with a setting I don't like that was my idea
  2. I want this to be my "forever setting" (see point #1, LOL)
  3. I have always coveted Erika Winters' work, assumed it was out of budget, but once I realized fully custom with a high-end jeweler isn't far off...why not just use EW? EW is always the comparison I use for quality of finish and I love, love, LOVE her work...it also takes the mystery out of it (I would not pursue this design, I'd pick a stock setting, probably the Mariana with the cut bead halo)
Anyways...that's where I am at now. It will mean all other projects are on kibosh if I go the EW route. TBH I am a little nervous about working with her directly given recent posts about her terseness, so may defer to a retailer. I prefer to work directly with designers, but once I get a bad taste in my mouth there will be no going back, and the quality and aesthetic of her work is truly unrivaled to me, hence my dilemma.

To be continued!

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone who gave me such wonderful ideas. It is much appreciated and I have thought on it a lot.

I am going to probably step back from this for a bit.

I requested a few quotes and realized for something fully custom like this:
  1. I feel out of my depth and it's very expensive (well, duh!) - I am not ready to do a trust fall and end up with a setting I don't like that was my idea
  2. I want this to be my "forever setting" (see point #1, LOL)
  3. I have always coveted Erika Winters' work, assumed it was out of budget, but once I realized fully custom with a high-end jeweler isn't far off...why not just use EW? EW is always the comparison I use for quality of finish and I love, love, LOVE her work...it also takes the mystery out of it (I would not pursue this design, I'd pick a stock setting, probably the Mariana with the cut bead halo)
Anyways...that's where I am at now. It will mean all other projects are on kibosh if I go the EW route. TBH I am a little nervous about working with her directly given recent posts about her terseness, so may defer to a retailer. I prefer to work directly with designers, but once I get a bad taste in my mouth there will be no going back, and the quality and aesthetic of her work is truly unrivaled to me, hence my dilemma.

To be continued!

Best wishes on your journey. I totally understand wanted to give your top choice in designer a first shot at making your dream forever ring. Plus, everyone gels differently. You may have an awesome time working with her! But alas, first we gotta tackle that pesky budget/saving-money thing. Hurrumph.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes on your journey. I totally understand wanted to give your top choice in designer a first shot at making your dream forever ring. Plus, everyone gels differently. You may have an awesome time working with her! But alas, first we gotta tackle that pesky budget/saving-money thing. Hurrumph.

Thank you kindly. It's true, many people do gel differently.

I also know I am borrowing trouble. :lol:

I should probably have money in my bank account before I go batty anticipating interpersonal dynamics months or even years from now...LOL

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean I think you’re very wise to recognize when you’re feeling overwhelmed and step back rather than forging ahead into something you might later regret. I wish I’d had this sort of restraint in the past, as I could have spared myself some very pricey mistakes!

You know I’ve got a few pieces from Erika and I adore her work. Feel free to find me off forum if you decide to go this route and want to chat more - or just want to chat regardless! ::)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean I think you’re very wise to recognize when you’re feeling overwhelmed and step back rather than forging ahead into something you might later regret. I wish I’d had this sort of restraint in the past, as I could have spared myself some very pricey mistakes!

You know I’ve got a few pieces from Erika and I adore her work. Feel free to find me off forum if you decide to go this route and want to chat more - or just want to chat regardless! ::)

It took a few times of me steaming ahead to learn my lesson! Luckily, nothing was terribly expensive, but it was money wasted and extra stress all the same! I will be much more trepidatious in the future, or only let myself be impulsive with "fun" projects that I care less about.

And that is very kind of you! :))Your collection of her work is exquisite. Your french cut earrings are my favorite - I love a dramatic dangle, and fell in love with FCs when I saw those. Maybe I will have to incorporate a FC band into my stack...but who knows at this juncture!

It might be some time...but I will probably take you up on that as your input would undoubtedly be helpful. Can I ask what is the best way to reach you for future reference?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well, I *think* I found a designer.

He is not someone anyone on PS has worked with to my knowledge, and the wait is at least 6-8 months.

So far he’s been wonderful to chat with, and the end result will be quite different than my original inspiration, but keeping with the floral / vegetal motif.

I am so, so excited.

I am reluctant to share his information as our project hasn’t started!

This is VERY very roughly what we are basing my ring off of aesthetically, and it will be platinum. The plan is to create a band as well. I will absolutely share his details and my experience when the project is underway!

E33ED5C5-BB2B-42F5-9E3C-3C8AB79ED2BF.jpeg

molecule

Shiny_Rock

He is not someone anyone on PS has worked with to my knowledge, and the wait is at least 6-8 months.

So far he’s been wonderful to chat with, and the end result will be quite different than my original inspiration, but keeping with the floral / vegetal motif.

I am so, so excited.

This is VERY very roughly what we are basing my ring off of aesthetically, and it will be platinum. The plan is to create a band as well. I will absolutely share his details and my experience when the project is underway!

I think someone on the CS board was working with this designer.

ksluice

Shiny_Rock

I am so, so excited.

This is different from your starting point, but it is stunningly beautiful! The texture and organicism! :kiss2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is different from your starting point, but it is stunningly beautiful! The texture and organicism! :kiss2:

I can’t wait! I’ve always loved anything art nouveau but lemme tell ya, not exactly a common design style anymore, hah! Was thrilled when I found this artist…

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock

I am so, so excited.

I LOVE the direction you've going in with this. That is all.
*I can't wait for the nitty gritty details to come.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Throwback Thursdays: July 2021
    Throwback Thursdays: July 2021
    August Birthstone 2021 - Peridot
    August Birthstone 2021 - Peridot
    The King of Diamonds
    The King of Diamonds

Holloway Cut Advisor