shape
carat
color
clarity

Wire flower setting idea help

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I'm working with Leon right now and I must say, he loves projects that veer into art. Which something like this certainly could! He isn't cheap... But it's also totally not-overly-expensive given the calibre of workmanship... If that makes sense? I feel like his pricing (for projects he wants) is very reasonable for the quality you'll get. For projects he doesn't want - I do think he sometimes takes the ol' "charge the sun and hope they go away" tactic :lol: I've personally found him to be a pleasure to work with ::)

The other vendors I think of right away are Green Lake and Hunt Country. I've not worked with either, but I've asked both about projects and they were helpful, communicative, and honest - I'd happily take a project to either in future!

I've not worked with SK so I can't comment. I think if you prefer a less organic, more symmetric and stylized look - VC would be a good fit as well.

Oooh so Leon may be a good fit. I know it's so personal whether or not you mesh with a designer. It can't hurt to find out. I probably won't pull the trigger for a while, but I like to plan ahead so figured I could mull over what elements I am really after over the coming months and be clearer with a plan when I start working with designers.

Thank you so much for the recommendations and the ideas. Green Lake (poking around) seems to do a mix of handforged and cast rings.

If I decide I do really want symmetrical, VC seems to be a contender. His work seems, how do I say, very tidy. Incredible details.

I think I am a simple gal at heart. I don't want too many elements, I want it to be fluid, slightly sculptural but exceptionally practical. And to match my plain ole wedding band. Oh, and I think you are right...a bezel. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

HAH! Now I need a designer to figure out how to blend all of those together...

**EDIT - and totally drooling over Anabela's work! Maybe a pendant styled like it one day...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is a really hard style to search for! The closest I could get was this one-maybe with a bezel inside and no pave? But maybe not floral enough?

FD5A4DAD-BB9F-4A64-A3E4-15234595FDD2.jpeg

It IS a hard style to search for!!! I've tried every keyword combo I can think of, and get all sorts of stuff...this is definitely in the rough ballpark. It might not be quite floral enough but has the "wire" look I love.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Hey @Cerulean I just tagged you on another thread that might have some helpful pics.

Just thinking out loud here, but do you like wearing you e-ring daily? Or are you more of a “wedding band every day, e-ring to dress up” kind of gal? I ask because your current three stone is probably going to be more versatile and easy to wear than this new setting. What about creating this new ring as a secondary/dress up e-ring with your original engagement diamond (either as-is or possibly recut)?

Either way, I’m excited to watch the project take shape; very cool inspiration so far.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
your current three stone is probably going to be more versatile and easy to wear than this new setting.
@123ducklings That’s a really good point, Cerulean’s current threestone is easy-wear and always-appropriate. The more photorealistic the piece the harder it can be to wear.

@Cerulean’s description of a workhorse is leading me away from photorealism ::)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hey @Cerulean I just tagged you on another thread that might have some helpful pics.

Just thinking out loud here, but do you like wearing you e-ring daily? Or are you more of a “wedding band every day, e-ring to dress up” kind of gal? I ask because your current three stone is probably going to be more versatile and easy to wear than this new setting. What about creating this new ring as a secondary/dress up e-ring with your original engagement diamond (either as-is or possibly recut)?

Either way, I’m excited to watch the project take shape; very cool inspiration so far.

You are perceptive! I am definitely a "wear my e-ring" everyday kinda gal. I do love how comfortable my current ring is...I also like the look, but think I would prefer a colored stone in my 3-stone. My eyes just perceive it as a wall of diamonds, even though the sides are much smaller. I think visually I'd like the contrast. I am in no rush, as I am enjoying my current ring.

It's hard to explain, but my husband would be a bit shell shocked if I were to rewear my original diamond as a ring. (Even recut - it's a weird hangup and I will respect it) and would also probably confused if I had two e-rings, hah! Although I see no issue with it...

I wonder then if this style just isn't practical at all? I was hoping because my diamond isn't too large that I could have it set low, and with a bezel...wouldn't be too cumbersome. But maybe I am wrong...I have no point of reference!

**EDIT - i do want to add, I clean my ring everyday without fail, so little nooks and crannies shouldn't be an issue. But sturdy is important...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*EDIT - and totally drooling over Anabela's work! Maybe a pendant styled like it one day...
I know right!?
And she uses lab stones and all sorts of alternate non-precious and semiprecious materials as well - her pieces are so inexpensive!! But they’re HUGE!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I know right!?
And she uses lab stones and all sorts of alternate non-precious and semiprecious materials as well - her pieces are so inexpensive!! But they’re HUGE!

They are fabulous...the syrupy bright colors, they are fun and elegant all at once. Too bad they'd only make an appearance from my couch these days :lol:

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Oh this is soooo beautiful!
Here's one with and without bezel

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Here's one with and without bezel

Oh those are lovely! I actually like the bezel.

I wonder if I could combine elements from these - I love how low set they are - I don't need to go that low, but it's really easy to wear.

I poked around Lang's website...

It's almost like the interior flower on this one...so cool...I looks more organic

1621480099193.png

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love yssie’s ring which is likely as close to that top design as you might get without having an odd looking side profile.

Your inspiration picture reminded me of my studs. These were modelled after a fellow PSer’s studs with her blessing- I believe she purchased hers from a local seller many years ago which was unavailable to me as an option. We tweaked the design to suit me.

This likely has more prongs than you would want... perhaps it can be tweaked on some way to suit you?

0FC65626-EDA1-4236-A0A6-260782942A45.png

Attachments

• 8E0FCC25-CB8D-4C03-8AC7-17CC6853E680.jpeg
    8E0FCC25-CB8D-4C03-8AC7-17CC6853E680.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does Sholdt do one off custom designs?
Maybe your inspo meshed with their aesthetic would be a good match?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love yssie’s ring which is likely as close to that top design as you might get without having an odd looking side profile.

Your inspiration picture reminded me of my studs. These were modelled after a fellow PSer’s studs with her blessing- I believe she purchased hers from a local seller many years ago which was unavailable to me as an option. We tweaked the design to suit me.

This likely has more prongs than you would want... perhaps it can be tweaked on some way to suit you?

Oh YES those are beautiful! Right up my alley! Do you mind sharing who made them? They are definitely the right look!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Does Sholdt do one off custom designs?
Maybe your inspo meshed with their aesthetic would be a good match?

It’s a great suggestion, because I do love Sholdt...but I actually did my first wedding set with Sholdt in 18k WG (before I learned about my nickel allergy)...it was only “semi” custom and honestly I don’t know if I’d do full custom with them, it wasn’t the easiest communication wise

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE these!!!!!!! :love:

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Oh interesting- yes I see how that’s similar.

I found this one, but it doesn’t have the “wiry” look and the gap of the inspo, I wonder what’s possible..

394CCC5F-C237-4A8E-9DF1-4B934192B25E.png

I absolutely love your three stone engagement ring! I do think of you change it to a solitaire, I prefer the bezel with the other design around it.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love your three stone engagement ring! I do think of you change it to a solitaire, I prefer the bezel with the other design around it.

I love my 3-stone too - I think once I imagined a beautiful royal blue sapphire in it instead, I couldn’t unsee it! Hah!

I might do a version of something like this with the petals extended out a bit more - simple and easy to wear!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I love my 3-stone too - I think once I imagined a beautiful royal blue sapphire in it instead, I couldn’t unsee it! Hah!

I might do a version of something like this with the petals extended out a bit more - simple and easy to wear!

I am a sucker for a gorgeous sapphire so I get it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know we are supposed to like it because it's VCA but I do not. At all. The stone is lovely. The setting, no thank you.

haha I feel the same! I love the idea of a floral inspired stone with a bezel, but that one just isn't for me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oh goodness I adore these

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DK did them for me based off the other PSer’s studs, but with other specifications from me to alter the design

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love these so much!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So I have continued looking at different designs

I think I have settled on a more symmetrical look for practical reasons. 6 petals.

I definitely want a bezel...

I am torn between two looks. Any pros or cons to the design of either that strike you? I do want low profile...I like easy to clean (which leads me to the wiry look) but like a little "heft" to my rings, which leads me to the scalloped look

1. Full scalloped exteriors...like these...with the petals "closed" and where the petals serve as the bezel

1621997112057.png
1621997159256.png

1621997167923.png

1. Open, more "wiry" flowers, where there'd be an additional bezel tucked in

1621997258898.png

1621997268453.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a scalloped bezel!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results