shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you watch Prince William and Kate's wedding?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
janinegirly|1304070901|2907806 said:
Yay oupear! I see the dress, looks like I wasn't too far off = lace on top and very similar to grace kelly's..but I only can see a glimpse from what I can see! I don't see flowers on the head at least ;-).

Gah, it was beautiful! All of it. Her waist is so teeny.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i really like didn't like her veil. it dropped straight down on her face and didn't frame it well.

Her dress is EXACTLY like i thought it would be, if she chose the safest option. and she did.

there weren't any great amount of jewels to ogle.

and now it's all over!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Agree on the veil. The dress was very elegant and she wore it beautifully, but it was safe. I was hoping for different hair, and the crown was apparently the Queen Mum's. Kate is toned down and I suppose she is making a statement that she will stay true to herself.

Posh and Beckham looked great though and a bit of fashion oomph at least!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I lied. I woke up a teensy bit early so I could catch some of the wedding before I go teach.
Just started watching now!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
What does everyone think of the fact that the wedding ring is of yellow gold while the e-ring is platinum (or am I mistaken and the e-ring is also yellow gold)?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1304078813|2907849 said:
What does everyone think of the fact that the wedding ring is of yellow gold while the e-ring is platinum (or am I mistaken and the e-ring is also yellow gold)?

I believe the e-ring is white gold. The royal wedding rings are made from Welsh gold (which is very rare), so that is why it is yellow gold. Diana's was that way as well, and I think it is fine because of the tradition.

I thought the wedding was perfect in every way. She was gorgeous as I expected. Loved everything about her dress, etc.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1304079512|2907853 said:

I believe the e-ring is white gold. The royal wedding rings are made from Welsh gold (which is very rare), so that is why it is yellow gold. Diana's was that way as well, and I think it is fine because of the tradition.

I thought the wedding was perfect in every way. She was gorgeous as I expected. Loved everything about her dress, etc.

Still, white gold and yellow gold together? :roll:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1304081007|2907859 said:
diamondseeker2006|1304079512|2907853 said:

Still, white gold and yellow gold together? :roll:

Sure, why not? People mix metals all the time. And especially given the tradition attached with her new wedding band, I don't think her rings should be snubbed.

I loved every minute of the wedding, loved every detail of her dress and they seem so very much in love. So happy for the them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, if I were marrying the future king, I would SO wear that beautiful yellow gold band with that gorgeous sapphire and diamond ring! Beautiful!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
The dress was STUNNING! I loved it.

and whats wrong with yellow and white gold together??? My set blends both metals, and since its tradition for them to use a bit of whelsh gold, I think its extra special.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
The white gold - yellow gold mix wouldn't bother me at all... but I found their ceremony almost completely devoid of emotion. I start bawling at nearly everything wedding-related because I'm a huge sucker, but the clips I saw didn't move me at all.

Also, I find her dress pretty boring. I'm not denying she looked classically beautiful and really elegant, I just wish she had chosen something with a little more interest to it.

So, I didn't see much, but what I saw I found pretty unexciting.

ETA: I agree that Pippa looked absolutely smoking.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I totally woke up at 5:15 am to watch the coverage (in my defense, I also worked). I thought she looked absolutely stunning. And I loved the veil--I loved that it wasn't fussy and let her gorgeous face shine. I missed the kiss because I had to leave for work, but caught video of it.

Pippa looked amazing as well. And so did Caroline. Gorgeous girls in that family!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mscushion|1304083500|2907876 said:
The white gold - yellow gold mix wouldn't bother me at all... but I found their ceremony almost completely devoid of emotion. I start bawling at nearly everything wedding-related because I'm a huge sucker, but the clips I saw didn't move me at all.

Also, I find her dress pretty boring. I'm not denying she looked classically beautiful and really elegant, I just wish she had chosen something with a little more interest to it.

So, I didn't see much, but what I saw I found pretty unexciting.

ETA: I agree that Pippa looked absolutely smoking.

I have to agree...I watched the whole thing (4:30 on) and it was very anti-climactic for me. Everything was very safe and
a little boring. I didnt think she would try to make a big statement with her dress but I thought maybe one little part of it
might say "Kate". But "No", however, she did look gorgeous...just not in a unique way.

I thought she could have worn a much more flattering veil and I think a little taller tiara would have been nice (this one
seems like it was barely there).

All and all it was nice but had I know I dont think I would have gotten up so early :(sad .

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Absolutely gorgeous. Elegant, form fitting and oh so lovely! I know it is blasphemy--but Pippa was STUNNING!

cheers--Sharon

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
I loooooved her dress! So elegant and classic. The lace looked super soft! SIGH!!!
Her veil? HATED IT!! It did nothing for her face! I wasn't a fan of the crown either.
Wish I could have seen her shoes...

Pippa looked great! I loved the dress- was it white??

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
confusedaisy|1304085185|2907889 said:
I loooooved her dress! So elegant and classic. The lace looked super soft! SIGH!!!
Her veil? HATED IT!! It did nothing for her face! I wasn't a fan of the crown either.
Wish I could have seen her shoes...

Pippa looked great! I loved the dress- was it white??

I saw her shoes. They were high-heeled pumps. Light-coloured, possibly white or ivory satin. Gorgeous.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I also think the veil, while beautiful, did nothing for her face. The crown was small but it was the Queen Mum's, so there is historical /sentimental significance there. Again, lovely dress and very elegant silhouette, but no suprises and a bit too reminiscent of Grace Kelly's.

Seems like Pippa is getting alot of attention - very sexy dress and style. But white for a maid of honor?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got up at 4AM and watched the wedding. I loved Kate's dress, earrings, tiara, and veil. She looked absolutely gorgeous. I thought it was funny that they had a countdown to the kiss and it lasted all of .3 seconds. :bigsmile:

Janine -- I'm not sure but maybe wearing white to a wedding isn't a big deal in the UK as it would be in the US. I loved Pippa's dress.

I'm surprised no one else liked Kate's tiara. I thought it was beautiful, and I'm glad it was understated. I thought it looked great with her veil and dress, and anything larger would have been too much, IMO. Everything about it seemed very classic. The newscaster were comparing Kate's look to Grace Kelly's.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LOVED IT :appl: 1936 Cartier Tiara! (Where's Danny? He likes Cartier)

But check out this hideous picture of Sarah Ferguson's kids (is that right? Princess Beatrice and whatever the other one is) :nono:

Questions: What kind of Lady Gaga hat is THAT? :shock:

Did she get caught in the rain, and her mascara ran? :cry:

Is she even wearing a BRA? :confused:

It's like last train from Hicksville!! :rodent:

r3588726126.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1304091053|2907962 said:

But check out this hideous picture of Sarah Ferguson's kids (is that right? Princess Beatrice and whatever the other one is) :nono:

I just saw that pic a few minutes ago and wondered the same thing. They either look like they should be in a Tim Burton movie or a Dr. Seuss book.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

Awful!!!! Sadly is typical of their fashion choices..

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, iLander, I hadn't seen Beatrice's hat from the front, only the side. That's hilarious.

Question: I don't really understand Kate's title. Is she a princess now or is she a dutchess? And William: is he still a prince or a duke? I thought I had heard someone refer to them as Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge. Why?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1304091480|2907970 said:
OMG, iLander, I hadn't seen Beatrice's hat from the front, only the side. That's hilarious.

Question: I don't really understand Kate's title. Is she a princess now or is she a dutchess? And William: is he still a prince or a duke? I thought I had heard someone refer to them as Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge. Why?

She is HRH Princess William of Wales. She is not HRH Princess Catherine as she is not a princess in her own right, only by marriage. She is also Duchess of Cambridge since she married the Duke of Cambridge. She is also, Countess of something and Baroness of something. Duchess of Cambridge is a higher title than Princess William of Wales, which is why she will be referred to as that from now on.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Hi Zoe

It is usual for her Her Majesty to confer titles upon marriage. They have three new ones in total, one of which is the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. He is still Prince William and she will also be known as HRH Princess William of Wales as she is not a Princess in her own right. Hope that helps!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the explanation, Mayerling and Samantha!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
When they started singing in the national anthem, God Save the Queen, I wondered if QE would be singing that. So I chuckled out loud when they showed her with her stoic jaw clamped tightly shut! :lol:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Here are my thoughts...

Love the lace top of her dress...I thought the bottom could have been fancier/had more sparkle to it. Thought the bottom part looked just a little too plain for my taste.

In general, I think she looked beautiful although everytime I look at her for some reason I have a hard time believing she is 29...she looks like she is much older.

Prince William looked handsome, I liked what he was wearing.

Pippa looked AWESOME...that dress she was wearing was so plain yet so so so so elegant and looked PERFECT on her.

Victoria Beckham looked like absolute hell. She could have tricked me into thinking she was going to a funeral. Can the biatch just smile for once?! Jeez.

Also, I'm confused...is she a princess now or a duchess or is that one in the same? Is she going to be a queen? What'll make her a queen? I have no idea how this works...haha.

ETA: I read the above =]

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just think Diana would roll over in her grave to see Camilla sitting in the front row for the wedding. :nono:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1304092603|2907987 said:
When they started singing in the national anthem, God Save the Queen, I wondered if QE would be singing that. So I chuckled out loud when they showed her with her stoic jaw clamped tightly shut! :lol:

Me too! :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

eep...her HAIR...and her makeup...too much eyeliner????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results