shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you watch Prince William and Kate's wedding?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that yesterday and about fell over because I had said the day of the wedding, I think, that Fergie's daughter's looked like Cinderella's step-sisters! But I immediately knew Cinderella's hair was wrong after having two girls!!!

Oh, and ditto the princesss's post about the wedding vows and traditional ceremony! I do not get the sand thing AT ALL! I so loved the royal wedding because they stuck with the traditional religious ceremony that has been done for centuries.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1305266258|2920466 said:
YES. you know what's worse than hearing the couple using "lover"? Hearing the Priest using that word. We sat thru a wedding where the Priest said, "At first you were friends, then you became lovers, and after a 5 year courtship, the lovers will finally join in holy matrimony"

it took all of our strength to not burst out laughing or gasping in shock. Then he repeated it a few more times... but by then, nobody was listening anymore.

I'm willing to bet that was the priest's judgement of the couple's actions coming through. He wanted you to be shocked and to remember this "awful thing" about the couple. The minister who married one of my brothers did something similar. He made some oblique reference to how they had almost gone down the wrong path but chose not to. :angryfire: Ten he kept referring to them ad "you guys" rather than referring to them by name. :angryfire: :angryfire: It was all I could do to be polite to him during the reception!

Sorry for that aside. Back to our regularly scheduled thread!

I read snippets of Sarah Fergeson's interview (with Oprah?) about her feelings about not being invited to the wedding, and I have to say I was impressed that she acknowledged it was her actions that put her in that predicament.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty- he was smiling! we thought it was kind of creepy because everytime he mentioned "lovers", he smiled.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad that this thread came up to the top again. I knew about the hat. (I believe it went for $120,000 U.S.) I had not realized that the Cinderella cartoon was photoshopped, however! (And I have a daughter, too, diamondseeker! Plus I used to love the Disney Cinderella book and movie as a child myself! I knew very well that she was a blonde!) Somehow I didn't realize that in the cartoon Cinderella was a brunette!!! Good catch, indeed, Haven!

Deb
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1305298644|2920703 said:
I read snippets of Sarah Fergeson's interview (with Oprah?) about her feelings about not being invited to the wedding, and I have to say I was impressed that she acknowledged it was her actions that put her in that predicament.

Her trouble is that she always acknowledges her responsibility for the latest awful thing she did, then proceeds to step in s**t again! There is something vulnerable about her that makes me feel sorry for her, but I think the big problem is that she's not intelligent. And possibly perennially adolescent. She doesn't think ahead further than 30 seconds before doing something self-indulgent. Knowing you screwed yourself is useless unless you learn from it.

--- Laurie

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JF - I'm sure you're right (I don't follow the royals doings that closely) - and certainly a grown woman, and one who is in the public eye, should have known better than to pull a stunt like that in the first place.

Despite not following the royal doings that closely, :wink2: I did notice that the hat sold for :$$): $131,341! :$$): Holy moly!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1306023992|2927501 said:
I'm glad that this thread came up to the top again. I knew about the hat. (I believe it went for $120,000 U.S.) I had not realized that the Cinderella cartoon was photoshopped, however! (And I have a daughter, too, diamondseeker! Plus I used to love the Disney Cinderella book and movie as a child myself! I knew very well that she was a blonde!) Somehow I didn't realize that in the cartoon Cinderella was a brunette!!! Good catch, indeed, Haven!
Deb
:read:
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
As a brunette and former child-who-wished-she-was-a-princess, I identified only with the darker maned cartoon royalty and Cinderella certainly wasn't one of 'em. She always did have the best gown, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results