shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to visit DH's cousin who just bought an antique house a couple towns over. It is a beautiful house, inlaid wood border on the hardwood floors, all the woodwork is original 1910, just gorgeous.

This is the chandelier over the table, imported from Hungary. It is so beautiful I said I wish I could wear it!

IMG_3135.JPG

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
We went to visit DH's cousin who just bought an antique house a couple towns over. It is a beautiful house, inlaid wood border on the hardwood floors, all the woodwork is original 1910, just gorgeous.

This is the chandelier over the table, imported from Hungary. It is so beautiful I said I wish I could wear it!

IMG_3135.JPG

That is amazing!! I want one of those so bad whenever we buy our home.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back at Cheers Pawn yesterday and I got to spend time with this Platinum and Diamond Hamilton watch. One of the round diamonds (the one above the feat he face) is severely chipped. Anyways it was cool to see but I don't buy watches as a rule so had to leave this one behind.

IMG_3201.JPG IMG_3202.JPG IMG_3203.JPG IMG_3204.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really stunning.
Too bad these types of watches aren't worn anymore.
I'm curious, @StephanieLynn ,did you show the lady how you had the 1.23 fixed?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey new avatar! I like @stracci2000

I did show her and her reaction was "it looks so good, so much rounder" :lol-2:

Apart from the watch there really wasn't anything interesting there yesterday but she shared some delicious soup she made so that was a bonus. Find anything interesting lately?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey new avatar! I like @stracci2000

I did show her and her reaction was "it looks so good, so much rounder" :lol-2:

Apart from the watch there really wasn't anything interesting there yesterday but she shared some delicious soup she made so that was a bonus. Find anything interesting lately?
I stole this image for my avatar from a famous painter.
It is not really me. :lol:
The painting is "Madam X" by John Singer Sargent.
I bought a small illusion set diamond ring from eBay.
The price was $75. The stone is about .25, and not Old Mine like the seller claimed. However, it is very white and I cannot find any inclusions. It has the infamous pancake prongs that we all hate. So I will be performing surgery on her this weekend to remedy that! IMG_20190206_195918303.jpg
IMG_20190206_195842386.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man to have curves like her :roll2:

Wow $75 that is a steal and it's really pretty was that BIN or auction? I really really like the band on it. Between the two of us we will be open the museum of vintage illusion rings!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man to have curves like her :roll2:

Wow $75 that is a steal and it's really pretty was that BIN or auction? I really really like the band on it. Between the two of us we will be open the museum of vintage illusion rings!
I'm sure there was a corset under there somewhere.....!
The painting was scandalous at the time because of the bare shoulders, so he called the painting Madame X to hide her identity!
The ring was BIN, and I jumped on it. It was really dirty when I got it. It needs polishing badly.
The clarity is really good, so I'm happy about that! I cannot find any inclusions.
I am always looking on Ebay, and challenging myself to get the nicest thing for the least amount of money!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's a cool story, just think bare shoulders used to be all :shock: and now they walk around with shorts barely covering the cheeks!

I haven't been looking because I'm trying really hard to be good this year BUT I am watching a ring on the Goodwill auctions so we will see how that pans out.

It's just a very sweet ring and hey it might have pancake prongs but at least it has prongs! Can't wait to see after your rehab them!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Won the auction, paid $54 for a yellow gold stacking ring, will share when I get it :dance:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We found some things at an estate sale today.
A vintage white glass necklace that says Germany on the clasp. Also, an amber necklace.
IMG_20190208_171005.jpg
and a 30" lapis and gold bead strand.
IMG_20190208_163549675.jpg
And lastly, a little baby who needs help.
She is an Ichimatsu doll from Japan.
She has human hair. She needs restrung, as her arms and legs are no longer attached.
I will fix her and sew her a new kimono.
IMG_20190208_164723110.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That baby is lucky you can fix her up @stracci2000, she is adorable!

Love this necklaces too, all of them are pretty but the lapis is such a great shade of blue, don't know that I could part with them :kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That baby is lucky you can fix her up @stracci2000, she is adorable!

Love this necklaces too, all of them are pretty but the lapis is such a great shade of blue, don't know that I could part with them :kiss2:
I have a Japanese doll collection(about 30) and four of them are Ichimatsu dolls. I will sew her a kimono and try to keep it authentic looking.
And I will be keeping the lapis, it goes with everything!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this little pretty in my favorite thrift shop.
It was .60 cents!
It is a Wedgwood Jasperware trinket dish dating 1908-1929. I am very excited about this one. I have 20 pieces of Wedgwood Jasperware and none in my collection are this old. Yay!
(Edit: Actually, I have a brooch dated 1881, I forgot about that one.)
IMG_20190209_165808144.jpg IMG_20190209_165802339.jpg IMG_20190209_165635233.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a great find @stracci2000, it's amazing isn't it how these treasures make it all those years and end up in a thrift shop in such perfect condition.

Sadly there will be no shopping for us this weekend as DH was diagnosed with the flu today so he is quarantined with tamiflu until Thursday. He is type 2 and takes medication for his blood pressure so I'm on him like a hawk.

"Drink more water"
"No sugar it depresses the immune system
"Let me help you out your mask on" (upside down)
"Here let me help you to the bathroom, no I won't hold it for you" :P2

Next Sunday is my 40th, let's hope he doesn't give me this gift!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a great find @stracci2000, it's amazing isn't it how these treasures make it all those years and end up in a thrift shop in such perfect condition.

Sadly there will be no shopping for us this weekend as DH was diagnosed with the flu today so he is quarantined with tamiflu until Thursday. He is type 2 and takes medication for his blood pressure so I'm on him like a hawk.

"Drink more water"
"No sugar it depresses the immune system
"Let me help you out your mask on" (upside down)
"Here let me help you to the bathroom, no I won't hold it for you" :P2

Next Sunday is my 40th, let's hope he doesn't give me this gift!
Oh no! I had the flu in January of 2018, and I was so sick! I hope your DH gets through this ok, and that nobody else catches it.
And the big 4-0 next week!
Happy Early Birthday to you! ((hugs!))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I have never had the flu so I am knocking on every piece of wood I don't get it and even more so the kids. Just trying to keep him drinking, he actually said at one point "you know you can kill someone with too much water". o_O

Thanks for the early birthday wishes! Yup 40, hoping it is a good start to the next decade!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Early Birthday @StephanieLynn! I hope you stay well! Take Airborne..I scoffed at it but a friend told me to try it. My husband was sick for two weeks and I could feel like my body was fighting it off..I continue to take three chewables through the flu season. Knock wood..:wall:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear that your hubby is sick, @StephanieLynn. Hopefully, he recovers without infecting you or the kids!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @natasha-cupcake, sorry I haven't gotten back to your email and thanks for the good wishes. He is doing a little bit better this afternoon so let's hope it continues!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my gold stacking ring from Goodwill, it's a neat little ring. The pictures don't pick it up well but the light kind of bounces off the bevels mimicking the light play from the baguettes. This was also in a rather dark room.

IMG_3229.JPG IMG_3230.JPG IMG_3232.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my gold stacking ring from Goodwill, it's a neat little ring. The pictures don't pick it up well but the light kind of bounces off the bevels mimicking the light play from the baguettes. This was also in a rather dark room.

IMG_3229.JPG IMG_3230.JPG IMG_3232.JPG
Pretty! I love yellow gold. Another great find, Steph!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that! The structural detail is really nice!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday we found this vintage school desk at our favorite thrift store. It was $12.
I think it is 1950s-60s. Nostalgic!
IMG_20190217_203950465.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yesterday we found this vintage school desk at our favorite thrift store. It was $12.
I think it is 1950s-60s. Nostalgic!
IMG_20190217_203950465.jpg
I think you’re right about the age! I remember sitting in a desk like that! It had a gray metal instead of gold so they painted it..Great find! I have or had one somewhere that’s shaped differently that I used in my kitchen for an activity/ snack desk for my middle guy. I have to see if I still have it in my storage room. I hope I didn’t sell it before my move. My grandson will love it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you’re right about the age! I remember sitting in a desk like that! It had a gray metal instead of gold so they painted it..Great find! I have or had one somewhere that’s shaped differently that I used in my kitchen for an activity/ snack desk for my middle guy. I have to see if I still have it in my storage room. I hope I didn’t sell it before my move. My grandson will love it!
It's makes a great art desk, too! Kids can store paints, paper etc.
I will be taking it to my booth at the Antique Mall. We'll see if someone else thinks its cool!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw such a cute little desk, that would be a great art desk for a little artist!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's makes a great art desk, too! Kids can store paints, paper etc.
I will be taking it to my booth at the Antique Mall, and see if someone else thinks its cool!
Someone should snap that right up! I would put a coloring book and some crayons or something on it to give them the idea. Some people aren’t creative and need to see what it could be used for! I hope I have mine..I’m going to tear apart the storage room today..The bad thing is I would have to get it to my house in Maryland..which is a feat because although I have a SUV it’s packed with my dog, son, and mom..with all the paraphernalia we need..and my husband has a regular car..no help there..You gave me such a great idea that if I don’t have it anymore I’m going to look for one..I have two antique malls near me that I love to go browse..Lots of the things in my house are vintage or antique. I browse Goodwill and find amazing things that other people just pass over...I love the thrill of the hunt! My favorites are old mirrors..I have a few hanging around the upstairs landing..I just recently bought a huge spool frame mirror for on top of my fireplace in Habitat for Humanity. It was so heavy my husband had trouble lifting it onto the mantel. We just leaned it because I don’t think any hardware would hold it up! It was $25!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I have a few hanging around the upstairs landing..I just recently bought a huge spool frame mirror for on top of my fireplace in Habitat for Humanity. It was so heavy my husband had trouble lifting it onto the mantel. We just leaned it because I don’t think any hardware would hold it up! It was $25!"

Well now we need photos, @Mamabean!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results