shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash ACA + SK 3 Stone = It's about time...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big birthday is coming up, with my 25th anniversary next year, and I wanted a ring that would commemorate all of it. I wanted flashes so colorful, bright, and endless that they would distract me while I was working, in a setting I’ve tucked away in the back of my mind for years - Steven Kirsch’s three stone trellis setting. It’s just stunning. The workmanship is amazing, and I am very lucky he was available to create this for me.

This is long so you can skip to the pictures.

The three stones are the 2.47 E VS1 ACA, 1.2 G SI1 expert selection and 1.11 F VS1, from my original e-ring. I have always loved super blingy looks and three stone rings, so I decided I may as well combine my loves. Knowing my DSS tendencies, I decided to err in the direction of big with a little extra room for DSS to set in, like buying a sweatshirt a size bigger in case it shrinks in the dryer. KWIM? My studs have been in a box since I started wearing my VCA pave sweet Alhambra studs. So instead of letting them collect dust, they became my sides stones. They were perfect for the big look I was going for, and the colors matched. (Whiteflash matched a very high G to my GIA F almost 6 years ago.) Steven assured me he could make 8.7mm + 6.8mm + 6.8mm work, and that’s all I needed.

I had met Steven back in 2015/2016 with @missy when I visited NYC. He was kind and gracious, spending over half an hour with us, while knowing we were not buying or commissioning anything. When he showed us his work under a microscope, I knew he was anal enough for me. I have admired the fluidity and “swoop” of his trellis for many years and this was the time for it. I needed someone who was enough of a perfectionist that I would not feel the need to micromanage. I only asked if the stones could fit, could I get claw prongs, and would he provide the shipping. About 4 weeks into it, he asked how thick I wanted the shank. I replied, “whatever you think will be most beautiful”. Never has the control freak in me been more subdued.

I will admit to being very impatient and I could have saved myself a lot of angst if I just chilled the f*** out. Now that I’ve gone through it once, I would not hesitate to work with Steven again. It’s like childbirth the first time around, fear of the unknown. The second time, no sweat. From the time of shipping out to receiving this ring, it’s been seven weeks. Given a global pandemic, storms, shortages, supply chain issues, and people trying not to lose their minds, I’m just glad my ring isn’t out floating with Tom Hanks and Wilson.

And I kid you not when I say it takes a village. This is a group ring, and these are all the PSers who helped make it happen. @KristyDarling who gave me permission to embrace the real bling-ho in me. @JDDN who is so savvy, has such discerning eyes, and so much experience and patience. The whole crew at Whiteflash, Debi, Becca for their patience and understanding. @diamondseeker2006 , the voice of wisdom, @yssie quite possibly the smartest person I know, and maybe the most patient (she tried to help me understand angles and table percentages), @m-2-b who I want to be when I grow up, @hathalove for bringing peace to the chaos in my head, and of course @missy who held my hand the whole way. (Honorable mention: 8 seasons of GOT for helping me survive the waiting period.) This year is the big 5-0 for me. It’s time for this ring.

There are a few things I wanted to mention, things that surprised me. For those of you who followed my journey to find this ACA, you probably remember I was concerned about the darker arrows of super ideals and had difficulty getting accustomed to them. Well, I don’t know if it’s the setting but they seem less dark and I don’t mind them at all now. Who knows why. This ACA is a complete sparkle BOMB, INSANELY sparkly, colorful and lively. All the back and forth with various stones paid off and I am certain I chose the best of the bunch. It is everything I wanted in an MRB and I am at stone-peace.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A3FFFEC6-1A2A-4D2B-A626-2D35CD56FCD9.jpeg

Attachments

• AB8990AD-9BF6-4F73-9D38-C8274C3BF8F4.jpeg
    AB8990AD-9BF6-4F73-9D38-C8274C3BF8F4.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 195
  • C09DC600-67BE-4DEF-AC03-DBDE0EAF4214.jpeg
    C09DC600-67BE-4DEF-AC03-DBDE0EAF4214.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 031CBE66-8102-44A6-AE98-18B68E4C55A4.jpeg
    031CBE66-8102-44A6-AE98-18B68E4C55A4.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 206
  • E20CE902-3E09-4E80-ACB6-C00826F34977.jpeg
    E20CE902-3E09-4E80-ACB6-C00826F34977.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 29AFB001-AE72-46DE-AE97-1E7A966B4C78.jpeg
    29AFB001-AE72-46DE-AE97-1E7A966B4C78.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 900B80D7-E188-4183-A36B-2EFE2628E988.jpeg
    900B80D7-E188-4183-A36B-2EFE2628E988.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 209
  • D004C820-29F9-482C-A33C-CBADCFB479DF.jpeg
    D004C820-29F9-482C-A33C-CBADCFB479DF.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 180

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection! Congratulations on getting exactly what you want!! It's just fantastic and looks so beautiful on your hand.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Whoa whoa! My eyes! Congrats and happy 50th. You are entering 50 with a bang.

Could you tell us how thick the shank is? I love how substantial it is. Well-balanced with the trellis.

Oh man your stones! Omg your stones.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my that is insanely gorgeous!! Congratulations it is perfect and looks amazing on you.

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
O.M.GEEEEE!!!!!!! What an incredible ring!!! It looks so amazing on you, you wear her well! :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, this ring is just wow. So amazing and fluid and absolutely perfect on your hand.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And for the people who are curious...

Attachments

• 3C173136-0584-44F0-952A-D09CCD4A4393.png
    3C173136-0584-44F0-952A-D09CCD4A4393.png
    350 KB · Views: 102

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sigh... I have no words :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD :-o

This is just amazing!! It's beautifully executed, the swooping basket makes my heart flutter & those diamonds............ :kiss2:

If you ever get DSS wearing this baby, you absolutely need an eye health check up.

Congratulations & happy early 50th - it is stunning!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsa! Just gorgeous!
Thank you @caf . Congratulations on your beautiful CBI pendant as well. Can't wait to see it.

Perfection! Congratulations on getting exactly what you want!! It's just fantastic and looks so beautiful on your hand.
Thank you so much @Mlh . Took a while but worth it.

Whoa whoa! My eyes! Congrats and happy 50th. You are entering 50 with a bang.

Could you tell us how thick the shank is? I love how substantial it is. Well-balanced with the trellis.

Oh man your stones! Omg your stones.
Thank you @Lvoeshinythings. Something good's gotta come with 50 right? I think SK said 3mm at the bottom and tapering to the top. Does that help?

Oh my that is insanely gorgeous!! Congratulations it is perfect and looks amazing on you.
Thank you @HollyC . Very kind of you.

Beautiful!!!
Thanks @Nymf . Always loved your handle.

O.M.GEEEEE!!!!!!! What an incredible ring!!! It looks so amazing on you, you wear her well! :kiss2:
Thanks @GeorgieQ . Love your kitty in your avatar. It's like he/she is saying it.

Goodness, this ring is just wow. So amazing and fluid and absolutely perfect on your hand.
Thank you @Kim N . Yes, the fluidity attracted me as well.

Sigh... I have no words :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
Thank you @icy_jade . :wavey:

Insane is right! This is a stunner!!
Thanks @MakingTheGrade . Your pieces are constant stunners as well.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD :-o

This is just amazing!! It's beautifully executed, the swooping basket makes my heart flutter & those diamonds............ :kiss2:

If you ever get DSS wearing this baby, you absolutely need an eye health check up.

Congratulations & happy early 50th - it is stunning!
LOL! @Alex T . You are always so sweet. It is exactly my poor eye health that made me want something I could not miss. Thank you so much.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a a gorgeous ring, so blingy and oh the finger coverage! I cannot imagine DSS ever sinking in, it really looks fabulous on you, what a way to celebrate 50!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my brain just stopped. What an absolute stunner!!!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
It’s stunning!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!! I’m swooning over your wall of blinding bling, STUNNING!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are no words adequate to describe the pure perfection that is your three stone @LLJsmom. Elegance and beauty personified. Just like you. Captured in a ring.

There is only one word that comes to my mind before fainting from the spectacular gorgeousness that is your ring.

SWOON. No two more words. Goodness Gracious!

graciousgif.gif

Happy birthday, happy anniversary and happy everything.
Wear your masterpiece in good health and blingy joy and much love always.
XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I had some more coffee and I would like to add a few more thoughts.

All your hard work and perseverance and patience and energy paid off @LLJsmom.
You spent years cultivating your preferences and getting to know what you wanted and needed and what you loved in a diamond and in a ring. What your deal breakers were and what you could not compromise on period.

Making your dream ring happen didn't happen overnight and I think it is an important point especially for any newcomers. This ring took a whole lotta hard work and patience and determination on your part. You made this happen. You made your dream ring a reality.

It was a long journey and well worth the time and energy but not for the faint of heart. Many would've given up but you knew while the stakes were high the price (figuratively) paid was worth it. In blood sweat and tears.

And girl, you did it. Not only do you have your dream ring and if we are being honest, a masterpiece and a ring anybody would love, but you made it happen. YOU. And you so deserve this gorgeous wearable piece of art. I am thrilled for you that you are over the moon happy with this stunning ring.

My dear friend wear this ring in great happiness and love for many decades to come.
You rock figuratively and now literally.

❤️

Avelle29

Rough_Rock
OMG!!! Amazing. You might be thinking, is this too much? could anyone possibly want MORE pictures? Answer is, no, it is not too much and yes I could possibly want more pictures.

It just looks beautiful!!! congratulations :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - congrats on your beautiful ring! Happy Birthday and Anniversary - two milestones in one year are worth celebrating on a big scale! Wear in health and happiness!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Huge!!!!! It looks fantastic! Congratulations! And Happy Birthday!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyy! I love it! You must be absolutely transfixed on this ring. I love the design and proportion of center to sides. Happy Birthday! :kiss2:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: Incredible!! Congratulations!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now that is beyond stunning! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results