shape
carat
color
clarity

Where is your new stuff?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thanks for indulging us HHP!! GORGEOUS!! When my pearls grow up, they want to be just like yours!!
30.gif

ohmygosh!! I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That looks just so great together!!! I might play around with some tonight
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 6:39:28 PM
Author: HHPmom
I am rather pleased with this combo.
30.gif
Strands must be 18'' or more to work.
Love it! I tried it too but I can''t pull it off with my thick neck. I feel like I''m choking.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Oops! You all know what I meant, right? 18" not 18''. Where is the embarrass smilie?
2.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

this combination looks fabulous! very striking

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
I would have never thought to combine freshies with tahitians, but they look fabulous on you!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update - I sent my earrings to Jeremy at PP, and he and his crew found a strand of the 7-7.5mm. I decided I didn''t really NEED the bigger size, (besides, I save a bit that way - I''ve been bad buying an opal and could use the difference to offset that) so I''m going to get that.

I''ll post pics as soon as I get ''em. :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2010 9:31:14 PM
Author: ksinger
Update - I sent my earrings to Jeremy at PP, and he and his crew found a strand of the 7-7.5mm. I decided I didn''t really NEED the bigger size, (besides, I save a bit that way - I''ve been bad buying an opal and could use the difference to offset that) so I''m going to get that.

I''ll post pics as soon as I get ''em. :)
36.gif
Looking forward to seeing pics....

Yay on a matching strand!
36.gif
36.gif

I''m also excited because as of 11pm last night my strand shipped out!! woowee!
31.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2010 4:24:13 PM
Author: swedish bean
Yay on a matching strand!
36.gif
36.gif

I''m also excited because as of 11pm last night my strand shipped out!! woowee!
31.gif
You know...the strand you ordered was the other I considered most, other than a matching strand for my earrings. It was very very tempting, but I just didn''t want to spend any more right now, as I just ordered a gorgeous Lightning Ridge semi-black opal that I''m currently waiting on. Otherwise, I''d have been all over that 36" strand special. I also love the fact that you ordered more inches. I like ''em longer rather than not too - 39" sounds yummy.
31.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Pics expected!
9.gif

I got them!!!

I have to admit, when I opened the box I was very... underwhelmed. I am just learing about pearls (about a year now) and I am still figuring out what I like.

I ordered the 6.5-7 and they are TINY... I think I made this face when I saw them
6.gif

lol compared to the tahitians I have and even the cheap pearllunar ones, these are SO SMALL. But anyway, I got the long strand so that I could double it up. So it''s kind of like a 13mm strand then huh? (just kidding)

I am going to keep them because they are very metallic and have beautiful colors, but in the future I think minimum that I can go would be 7-7.5mm for a necklace, 8mm (or higher) preferred though. I think of this size being a fun strand that might be good for layering and that kind of stuff.

It''s super gray and windy today so I just took a quick iphone pic, but here it is.

Do I recommend these? Yes! But if you can splurge for the bigger sizes, I would do that.

tinymetallicssb.jpg

P.s. I also laughed really hard when I saw the appraisal value at $1655 ;-)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2010 4:49:09 PM
Author: swedish bean
P.s. I also laughed really hard when I saw the appraisal value at $1655 ;-)

LOL! I am finding that pearls can be so deceiving when it comes to the size when viewing them online! In your picture they don''t look small at all. They are quite beautiful though and I would definately keep them since you can double them up!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Swedish- they look gorgeous from the pic!! And yes, doubling up is the answer!

More pics to follow, right??
11.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

HHP, gorgeous combo. I must try it.. looks fantastic

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 7:12:48 AM
Author: elle_chris

30.gif
Love it! I tried it too but I can''t pull it off with my thick neck. I feel like I''m choking.

Elle, Your neck is gorgeous. this will look great.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Swedishbean, I love the colors and metallic luster of your strand. It''s a good thing you order 39" to double up. That makes them look more substantial.
36.gif

Thanks everyone! Yes I will post more pics! (will try to do some size comparison ones too)

I was really tired before so I hope my post didn''t come across as too cranky ;-) I was just very surprised at how small they were. I know how big 6.5mm is, but in my head while I waited almost two weeks to get them, I think they grew to be 8mm in my imagination ;-)

The colors are so cool! I wish I could have an entire strand of dark purple/ blue pearls.

I wanted this strand to wear a bit tighter on the neck (loop 1) and then a longer one (loop two). I tried it out today and I looked pretty good. I almost wish I would''ve done a 45"+ strand
5.gif

But anyway, I love the metallics!

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here are my latest from Elana. 10-13mm Aubergine/merlot strand. This is my new favorite strand because of the color changes on the pearls.

aub1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 10:56:03 AM
Author: collectingmore
another shot

UUUM HELLLOOO GORGEOUS!!! They are just BEAUTIFUL Collectingmore!
30.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Those pearls have prominent peacock overtone
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. That color and the size are more rare. What a great buy
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well guys, I got my matching metallic strand from PP today - along with my earrings back of course.
2.gif
I missed my babies!!

They are 7-7.5mms - they were unable to find a true match in one of the larger sizes, so I went down in size from the original strand of 8.5s I ordered. (I already have a 8mm strand of whites, so I''m sure I won''t die) I was thinking I might not like them due to the smaller size, but I find I''m not disappointed at all. The size is fine - in fact they seem even metallic-y-ier (the technical term), and they really do match quite well.

I promise pics as soon as I get off my sorry bee-hind and take them. Tomorrow.
17.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, BTW, Swedish Bean....that strand is just gorgeous!!! Small or not, I''d be hanging onto it for dear life. What you lack in size you now have in just sheer length. Double up baby!! Yummy!!
3.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 9:48:50 PM
I was thinking I might not like them due to the smaller size, but I find I'm not disappointed at all. The size is fine - in fact they seem even metallic-y-ier (the technical term), and they really do match quite well.

17.gif

I told Jeremy I prefer larger size, but I'd sacrifice size for more luster. He recommended 8mm last Nov/Dec, I can't remember, when they were first offered. I am glad I didn't pick 9mm. You all did well picking smaller sizes but with better luster.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well guys, I got my matching metallic strand from PP today - along with my earrings back of course.
2.gif
I missed my babies!!

They are 7-7.5mms - they were unable to find a true match in one of the larger sizes, so I went down in size from the original strand of 8.5s I ordered. (I already have a 8mm strand of whites, so I''m sure I won''t die) I was thinking I might not like them due to the smaller size, but I find I''m not disappointed at all. The size is fine - in fact they seem even metallic-y-ier (the technical term), and they really do match quite well.

17.gif

LOL! We look forward to seeing pics. I love that pearl in your avatar!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2010 10:28:14 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

2.gif
I missed my babies!!

17.gif

LOL! We look forward to seeing pics. I love that pearl in your avatar!!
Thanks CCN! That pearl is one of the pair of earrings you know. Those things are wonderful - 11mms. I reallly love ''em.

OK, the pictures are not so great but here they are..

metallic_set.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a neckshot. The freckles are beyond my control. But what can you do? :-\ Hey, but the pearls are great!! :)

metallic_neck.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results