shape
carat
color
clarity

Where is your new stuff?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
CCN- they really are. I haven''t seen freshwaters this nice in any jewelry store around here. The only thing is they''re not really round. But they still look beautiful on the neck.

I think the color and the metallic glow make up for the fact that they are not perfectly round.. they are so pretty!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 7:46:28 PM
Author: swedish bean
I think the color and the metallic glow make up for the fact that they are not perfectly round.. they are so pretty!!
Swedish- Ask PP if they can do a silver overtone multi color. You should get cooler tones that way with some lavanders. If it works great, if not you have 90 days to return them. I love them for the spring and summer.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 8.5-9mm akoya pearl studs...

akstds.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love the orient with silvery rose overtones. They litterally have no blemishes!

flawlesspstds.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

pearlsinblack.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
earshot...
32.gif

prlak9stds.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
lovely studs cushioncutnut ! :) Almost exactly what I want, just a little smaller

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update -

Well, I sent the peach strand back. (The wife of the man at work wants tahitians, he found.) Anyway, they are wending their way back to PP, along with my precious earrings so Jeremy can match them in person. He has promised to treat my babies "like children".
2.gif

I''ll post pics if/when he finds me a matching strand. He IS going to see if collectingmore''s strand will work. He has it set aside and waiting to check...

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
CCN, did I miss any post? Where did you get the akoya earrings? How large are they? Lucky you to have larger earlobes.

Ksinger, good luck to you. Collectingmore''s strand looks to be close to your earrings, but monitors do crazy things. Keep us posted.

Date: 4/18/2010 3:42:39 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Elle...those pics make me want to order a strand. I guess it is good that they are out of the size I want! They are amazing!!
31.gif
31.gif
looks like they have more up...

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
CCN- They''re lovley. Look fab on your lobes
9.gif

Swedish- getting a strand?
31.gif
lol

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2010 9:30:53 AM
Author: elle_chris
9.gif

31.gif
lol

Thanks Elle!! Um Swedish... I have a feeling I am going to get in trouble!!!

HHMOM... I only just posted the akoyas to this thread mentioning them a few posts earlier.... I got them on my trip to Florida. My mom and I often go to a Jewelers Exchange in Boca Raton where it is like a mini "Diamond District". I have bought from several vendors there over the past few years. It litterally is like a kid in a candy store when I go. If you are looking for something special... you can most definately find something there and at a great price since the vendors all compete for your business. The akoyas are perfectly round, closer to 9mm on 14kyg posts with a lovely orient to them. I really liked that I could see them in person and pic out what looks the most appealing to my eye rather than calling up Pearl Paradise or another online vendor and asking them to pick a pair for me.

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
Cushion-- love your akoyas. the luster is so pretty on them.

9.gif

31.gif
lol

I''ve been HMMM and HAWWing all week (ok, all month) and I think I''ve finally decided on what I want. Hint, it''s not the solid strand (though, mighty gorgeous!!) I will be calling tomorrow to place an order. 99% sure. Unless I change my mind
19.gif
26.gif
26.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2010 1:34:55 AM

9.gif

31.gif
lol

I''ve been HMMM and HAWWing all week (ok, all month) and I think I''ve finally decided on what I want. Hint, it''s not the solid strand (though, mighty gorgeous!!) I will be calling tomorrow to place an order. 99% sure. Unless I change my mind
19.gif
26.gif
26.gif

I am so tempted too! I just can''t seem to pull the pin as I have my eye on something more classic...

OK. I finally made my order.... lol

I ordered the 6.5-7mm 35" metallic strand.. buuutt... I had 4 extra inches added to make it 39"! I also requested limited "true peach" colors (I look terrible in true peach). Strangly enough they said if I returned the strand there would be a $40 charge!! Yikes!!! Weird huh? I don't see the strand being a problem, but if there are too many peaches...

The 6.5-7mm is not my ideal size but I was not ready to spend above $500 on freshwater pearls (yet).. I figured though, with the longer size and doubling it up it will give more impact though and won't be too similar to anything else I have. Luckily I already have 3 pairs of the metallic earrings so I didn't have to order that :D

Because of the monthly special I got my extra inches for $8 an inch vs $12, so that saved me $. I feel like a thrifty shopper!

CCN- What kind of project do you have in mind to be classic? Like a full white SS strand?
31.gif
31.gif

P.s. LOVE your new studs!! Great color!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... If I could splurge and get a SS strand...I surely would, however it would either be an akoya strand or Freshadamas!

I think that is a great idea about adding a few more inches to the multi-metallics minus the more peachy pearls!! Perfect to go with your metallic studs!! I would love it if the metallic strands came in lavender! I would be all over that!! LOL! Can''t wait to see pics when you get them!!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 2:37:33 PM

I ordered the 6.5-7mm 35'' metallic strand.. buuutt... I had 4 extra inches added to make it 39''! I also requested limited ''true peach'' colors (I look terrible in true peach). Strangly enough they said if I returned the strand there would be a $40 charge!! Yikes!!! Weird huh? I don''t see the strand being a problem, but if there are too many peaches...

I think your special request for less peachy pearls makes it a custom order. PP probably has to break a few strands to replace the peachy ones with other colors. Plus you are adding inches. If you return, they can''t sell it like that but to break it up to standard length, and pay stringer to knot another necklace for another customer. Just MHO.

Yeah, that does make sense. I was just surprised!!

I don''t think there will be a problem though and I''m suuuuper excited to get it!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

I ordered the 6.5-7mm 35'' metallic strand.. buuutt... I had 4 extra inches added to make it 39''! I also requested limited ''true peach'' colors (I look terrible in true peach). Strangly enough they said if I returned the strand there would be a $40 charge!! Yikes!!! Weird huh? I don''t see the strand being a problem, but if there are too many peaches...

The 6.5-7mm is not my ideal size but I was not ready to spend above $500 on freshwater pearls (yet).. I figured though, with the longer size and doubling it up it will give more impact though and won''t be too similar to anything else I have. Luckily I already have 3 pairs of the metallic earrings so I didn''t have to order that :D

Because of the monthly special I got my extra inches for $8 an inch vs $12, so that saved me $. I feel like a thrifty shopper!

CCN- What kind of project do you have in mind to be classic? Like a full white SS strand?
31.gif
31.gif

I''m really curious to see what you''re going to think of the color. Pics as soon as you get it please
9.gif

CCN- I was also thinking of getting an SS strand. But I know that white is not my favorite color fir pearls and doubt I''d wear it much.

BTW- have you guys seen PP''s new Baroque SS strands? WOW.. the colors look amazing but they''re a little too baroque for me. link: http://www.pearlparadise.com/White-South-Sea-Pearl-Necklaces292.aspx

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Lovely studs CCN! They look great on you!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2010 12:26:54 PM

The 6.5-7mm is not my ideal size but I was not ready to spend above $500 on freshwater pearls (yet).. I figured though, with the longer size and doubling it up it will give more impact though and won''t be too similar to anything else I have. Luckily I already have 3 pairs of the metallic earrings so I didn''t have to order that :D

31.gif
31.gif

I''m really curious to see what you''re going to think of the color. Pics as soon as you get it please
9.gif

CCN- I was also thinking of getting an SS strand. But I know that white is not my favorite color fir pearls and doubt I''d wear it much.

BTW- have you guys seen PP''s new Baroque SS strands? WOW.. the colors look amazing but they''re a little too baroque for me. link: http://www.pearlparadise.com/White-South-Sea-Pearl-Necklaces292.aspx
Pretty, but...they actually look like SS and yet look like flameballs. I don''t know much about flameballs, so somebody who does know...I thought that was just a Chinese FW thing...?

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
The first time I see the flame balls I thought the opposite that they look like south sea pearls. The south sea ones are the normal baroque for south sea, but I think the flame balls look like the south sea pearls. I think this is what they are trying to do.

Wahhhh! I''m so impatient! I don''t think my stuff has even shipped yet. They must be really busy right now.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 7:13:13 AM
Wahhhh! I'm so impatient! I don't think my stuff has even shipped yet. They must be really busy right now.
The waiting is the hardest part. But they have to do extra work for your special strand. It's not just any strand to be picked from inventory. It will be worth it and I hope you will like it.
1.gif

BTW, anyone here wear FW along with Tahitian strand? I have my pastel FW twisted with my multicolor Tahitian today. Hehe
3.gif

I was thinking about wearing my bluish akoya strand with my emerald strand but I got nervous ;-)

Can you post a picture? I bet it looks great!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2010 3:37:58 PM
I was thinking about wearing my bluish akoya strand with my emerald strand but I got nervous ;-)

Can you post a picture? I bet it looks great!

I have yet to try other strands with my tahitians! Agreed, would love to see pics!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I am rather pleased with this combo.
30.gif
Strands must be 18" or more to work.

IMG_4350_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results