shape
carat
color
clarity

Where is your new stuff?

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
Everybody''s pearl is so beautiful and unique. The luster is so great and color so wonderful.
30.gif

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
ksinger-- I agree with you. I dont think they are a good match. If you are hesitant, I would return them. There will always be more pearls that might be a better match.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Collectingmore, I love the luster and color of the silvery teal Tahiitians.
30.gif

Hummmm, silver-peach ranges from pale apricot to pinky gold in this thread''s pics. I hope whereever they are, you will find the perfect strand that you love. FW pearls are getting better everyday. There will be plenty for us all.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
sigh.. I love your pearls, Collectingmore..

PP sent me out both strands to see which I liked better. I wish they didn''t, as I can''t make up my mind and may end up choosing both.

Here''s a couple of pics. The one on the left is the silver/pink. The one on the right is a golden/pink.

IMG_5682.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Here''s both strands on me (notice how i wore pink for the pics.. lol). The darker one (golden/pink) is higher on my neck.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
oops, didn''t attach

IMG_57911.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
another from further away. The luster on the strands is beautiful. Can''t tell from this pic though.

Anyone have a preference?

IMG_5794.JPG

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 4:21:59 PM
Author: elle_chris

I wish they didn''t, as I can''t make up my mind and may end up choosing both.

I have done that a couple of times. It''s more damaging to my pocket book when they are tahitians. Elle, I like your pink ones. Hard to pick. But the silver pink pops out more on your skin. And the golden pink matches with the top so well.
31.gif

Date: 4/16/2010 4:45:40 PM
Author: HHPmom
Date: 4/16/2010 4:21:59 PM

I wish they didn''t, as I can''t make up my mind and may end up choosing both.

I have done that a couple of times. It''s more damaging to my pocket book when they are tahitians. Elle, I like your pink ones. Hard to pick. But the silver pink pops out more on your skin. And the golden pink matches with the top so well.
31.gif

Yep, I agree with everything ^

They''re lovely :) I''d keep both! lol, but I honestly like the silvery one a bit more.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
HHP, Swedish- You''re right, the silver one does look better.. but the darker one...
30.gif

Soo.. just sent an email saying I''d like to keep both
11.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I like the darker one better.. but for me I think. On you they both look lovely! I''m glad you''re going to keep both
31.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Maevie- Are you getting a strand?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh I just love your new strand Collectingmore!! You can really see the teal in the second pic. Swedish... they are both beautiful...but right away, I am in love with the more silver pink.

As far as the earrings matching your strand ksinger... I am not sure if I would keep them...but they are lovely otherwise. See, I am no help.

I just came back from visiting my mom in Florida. It is great to come to the Pearl section and find everyone''s newer pieces in one thread. My mom and I went to "the Jewelers Exchange" in Boca Raton. Gals, you would go crazy in there. All kinds of jewelers/vendors selling such gorgeous pieces (none of the maul junk) and it is so fun to negotiate with them. I ended up buying a lovely pair of silvery rose akoya studs for a decent price. They are 9mm. I went to a few of the other booths to compare prices. One booth wanted $200 and another wanted even more $400 for the same size. They both were not even as beautiful and lusterous as the pair I got for $95!! I will post pics soon!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I emailed Jeremy today, and he said if I could bear to part with my earrings
32.gif
for a bit, and would send them back, he would try to match them. HOWEVER, the 8-8.5 strands are now officially sold out.
40.gif

So... I''m considering some other options. I will not be keeping the pearls, but I may actually have them sold. A man at work noticed them, and we talked. End of conversation, he said, if I wasn''t going to keep them, he would like to let his wife, who recently expressed a desire for pearls, see them. If she likes them, he will buy them from me. If she doesn''t like them, I''ll send them back.

I was actually thinking that I might like to have a longer strand of smaller pearls - maybe the 6.5 - 7mm - maybe a 36" strand? I have a gorgeous 36" strand of huge peach baroques (the reason I don''t really need another peach-y strand) and making it into a double is quite fun.

I could also see if he could find a matching single large pearl for a pendant.

Or I could just suck it up and buy the multicolor strand. AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

So many choices. I just love pearls! I wear some form of them multiple times a week! :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2010 7:10:03 PM
Author: ksinger
Well, I emailed Jeremy today, and he said if I could bear to part with my earrings
32.gif
for a bit, and would send them back, he would try to match them. HOWEVER, the 8-8.5 strands are now officially sold out.
40.gif

So... I''m considering some other options. I will not be keeping the pearls, but I may actually have them sold. A man at work noticed them, and we talked. End of conversation, he said, if I wasn''t going to keep them, he would like to let his wife, who recently expressed a desire for pearls, see them. If she likes them, he will buy them from me. If she doesn''t like them, I''ll send them back.

I was actually thinking that I might like to have a longer strand of smaller pearls - maybe the 6.5 - 7mm - maybe a 36'' strand? I have a gorgeous 36'' strand of huge peach baroques (the reason I don''t really need another peach-y strand) and making it into a double is quite fun.

I could also see if he could find a matching single large pearl for a pendant.

Or I could just suck it up and buy the multicolor strand. AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

So many choices. I just love pearls! I wear some form of them multiple times a week! :)

Sounds like you have a few great options! I am wish you on loving pearls. Ever since I started my pearl craze, I find that I wear some kind of pearls everyday too!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2010 10:26:53 AM
Author: collectingmore
Ok, here are pics of my silver-peach strand. The color is a pale apricot, but it varies among the pearls in the strand (some more whitish and less metallic).
Really, collectingmore, these are the color of my earrings...very creamy. So if you can just send me that strand, I'll be in business. Thanks.

3.gif

ETA - well drat. It didn't carry the photo. Oh well...

blah! I see they are all sold out now... I seriously think I had at least until May to decide on these. After seeing Elles I was going to order them
7.gif
I went to the website to see that the monthly special had changed..
8.gif

I think it''s a sign that I need to order the multi''s or a smaller pair. I just dunno...

So many things to buy...

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/16/2010 10:19:10 PM

Ok, here are pics of my silver-peach strand. The color is a pale apricot, but it varies among the pearls in the strand (some more whitish and less metallic).
Really, collectingmore, these are the color of my earrings...very creamy. So if you can just send me that strand, I''ll be in business. Thanks.

3.gif

l...

You are in luck! I overnighted the strand back to PP yesterday. It was too light for my taste. If you call them and reference the strand Heather H returned, they should be able to either send that to you or find a color that matches it.

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/16/2010 5:26:50 PM
HHP, Swedish- You''re right, the silver one does look better.. but the darker one...
30.gif

Soo.. just sent an email saying I''d like to keep both
11.gif

I went back and forth on which one I liked better on you.. so glad you are keeping both! What is the diff in the mm size of the strands?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2010 12:36:57 AM

Date: 4/16/2010 10:19:10 PM

Really, collectingmore, these are the color of my earrings...very creamy. So if you can just send me that strand, I''ll be in business. Thanks.

3.gif

l...

You are in luck! I overnighted the strand back to PP yesterday. It was too light for my taste. If you call them and reference the strand Heather H returned, they should be able to either send that to you or find a color that matches it.
LMAO! Whoa! How freaky is THAT?? I was only kidding! But hey, you and the universe are apparently smiling on me so I''ll do just that, thank you very much!! I''ll let you know if I get it!
3.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Collectingmore- they're both 8-8.5mm. The darker strand looks smaller because I attached the clasps to both strands to make it 36" for the pics. The smaller 8mm pearls winded up in the front for some reason. I know the pearls looks much smaller in the pictures but they're the same size.

Swedish- Give PP a call and see if they can notify you if any of the pinks gets returned. I'm sure some people won't keep them. Also, I don't know if they're going to let me keep both strands. I think one of the strands was supposed to go to someone else, and they haven't replied to my email yet.

eta: Collecting and Kaori, any way we can get neck shots of the freshwaters? I'm really curious to see how the more peachy ones look on your coloring. I'm considering getting a multi colored one for mother-in-law.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Elle,

I hope you can keep them both. They look amazing together.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Collectingmore,

Your FF silvery strand is gorgeous. The colors are beautiful

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for fun ladies (this is not a new strand) I am going to show you why I say I don''t need even as lovely a peachy strand as the one I''ve shown you. I already have this one, which I put on last night for the first time in a while. Wow. I''d forgotten how insanely shiny these actually are! And big! As I recall, a couple of them are actually around 15-16mm long.

36" of peachy goodness. :)

peach251.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more, a bit closer.

peach252.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Garden. Still waiting to hear from them.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 7:05:25 PM
Date: 4/17/2010 7:05:25 PM

OK, already responded on your Colors thread, but I sure hope it works out you can do both, because together they are AMAZING!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Those are very pretty Ksinger. Umm, neck shots?
1.gif

I was trying to capture the luster on the strands and I was having a tough time. This one I think shows it clearly. If you look closely (and if my picture didn't downgrade because of changing the size), you can see me taking the picture.. You can actually see my hands on the camera. Really beautiful luster.

sliverpinkluster.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle...those pics make me want to order a strand. I guess it is good that they are out of the size I want! They are amazing!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results