shape
carat
color
clarity

What single jewelry/luxury item would you buy TODAY if you could?

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@HotPozzum I tried it on in Vegas years ago and it looked so bad on my short squat fingers. Even the sales person was like... let me have to try this OTHER thing on ASAP. :blackeye: I was sad.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HotPozzum I tried it on in Vegas years ago and it looked so bad on my short squat fingers. Even the sales person was like... let me have to try this OTHER thing on ASAP. :blackeye: I was sad.

They do thinner versions now and lovely matching earrings & necklaces too! I agree the thick bands only suit those with lovely long fingers which I don't have... :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am changing my answer because what I would really love (and can never have but a girl can dream right?) is an indoor pool in my house. That would be the ultimate luxury item. I could swim laps and have friends over for pool parties all year long. Weather raining, no problem. Snowing blizzard ha, -10F not an issue. It's always warm and toasty inside in my indoor pool. C'mon over all- just bring your own beach towel and I will supply the refreshments!

indoorpool.jpg

drinksbypool.jpeg drinksatpoo.jpg

Who's joining me?:sun:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy If you're doing the indoor pool, why not the one that has the floor that raises up? This way you have the awesome indoor pool, AND you have the option of being even more amazing when it "disappears". :cool2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy If you're doing the indoor pool, why not the one that has the floor that raises up? This way you have the awesome indoor pool, AND you have the option of being even more amazing when it "disappears". :cool2:

That's very fancy! Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to look into that after I convince my dh we can put a heavy pool in our attic as it is really the only space we have. He keeps telling me it isn't a good idea...men. :cheeky:
Hmmm I wonder how my dh would feel if we put it in our dining room.8)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy ,

The attic, definitely.
You need to see the night sky filled with stars during your midnight swims.
Simply reinforce the floor of the attic.
Install a retractable glass (reinforced, of course) cover for the pool so that you can place seating/walk/dance on it when desired.
Install a retractable glass roof so that you can enjoy the above-mentioned night skies.

Seriously, dancing on a glass-covered pool with the stars shining above; glass roof open or closed, as desired.

Rain or thunderstorms? Still magical. =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy ,

The attic, definitely.
You need to see the night sky filled with stars during your midnight swims.
Simply reinforce the floor of the attic.
Install a retractable glass (reinforced, of course) cover for the pool so that you can place seating/walk/dance on it when desired.
Install a retractable glass roof so that you can enjoy the above-mentioned night skies.

Seriously, dancing on a glass-covered pool with the stars shining above; glass roof open or closed, as desired.

Rain or thunderstorms? Still magical. =)2

@december-fire I think I love you. :love:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2:

Awww, gosh, @missy .
I love you too. :mrgreen2:

Surely my post will allow your DH to see that this is a brilliant idea that is absolutely doable!

Next Valentine's Day, you'll be wrapped up in your DH's arms swaying to the music under the moonlight with the water beneath you gently moving, sending beautiful sparkles of the reflected light from the moon and stars above.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Come to think of it I sort of have a tiara...though I am not sure it is technically a tiara I call it a tiara. And until I get my sapphire and ruby and diamond tiara it will have to do. Who wants to join me wearing our tiaras while running errands?:cheeky:

tiarapic.jpeg
w1 (2).jpg

I'll join in, will give me a reason to get mine from my first wedding out. I don't think I will have one this time. Which is a bit of a shame...

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I am changing my answer because what I would really love (and can never have but a girl can dream right?) is an indoor pool in my house. That would be the ultimate luxury item. I could swim laps and have friends over for pool parties all year long. Weather raining, no problem. Snowing blizzard ha, -10F not an issue. It's always warm and toasty inside in my indoor pool. C'mon over all- just bring your own beach towel and I will supply the refreshments!

indoorpool.jpg

drinksbypool.jpeg drinksatpoo.jpg

Who's joining me?:sun:

Hey I know that pool!!!! You should see the REST of the house!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey I know that pool!!!! You should see the REST of the house!!!

Aww thanks @leukolenos, did you visit me when we were away? Glad my assistant let you in. :cheeky:

w1 (2).jpg

I'll join in, will give me a reason to get mine from my first wedding out. I don't think I will have one this time. Which is a bit of a shame...

Very lovely and looks gorgeous on you.:love: Now that is a tiara. My wedding tiara was quite subtle I can see that now and if we were doing it all over again I would buy the blingiest tiara I could afford. And I might even decide to wear lipstick at my wedding this time haha.

This is what I would wear at my next wedding (same dh of course just different tiara:halo:). What do you think?

audreyhepbunrtiaraandnecklace.gif

And I could swim with it in my indoor pool. 8) Tiara pool party for PSers- cmon over.:appl:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks @leukolenos, did you visit me when we were away? Glad my assistant let you in. :cheeky:

Very lovely and looks gorgeous on you.:love: Now that is a tiara. My wedding tiara was quite subtle I can see that now and if we were doing it all over again I would buy the blingiest tiara I could afford. And I might even decide to wear lipstick at my wedding this time haha.

This is what I would wear at my next wedding (same dh of course just different tiara:halo:). What do you think?

audreyhepbunrtiaraandnecklace.gif

And I could swim with it in my indoor pool. 8) Tiara pool party for PSers- cmon over.:appl:

oh wow that is very lovely :) I like the whole ensemble.

Thank you for the compliment, I had a friend who made tiaras and wedding jewellery and I had this tiara semi-custom made :praise: We altered one of her designs to my specifications. It is only Swarovski but 11 years ago I loved it. I still love it looking back. Next time will be more vintage style so I'm not sure a tiara will go with the look.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - when I think of ultimate indoor pools, *this* is always my fantasy: the indoor pool at the Langham Hotel, Sydney. The ceiling is covered with pinhole lights, so it feels as though you're swimming under the night sky. :) I've swum in it a bunch of times - and I've never encountered another person there. Like Roman baths. Gorgeous.

Langham Hotel pool, Sydney_a.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b ,

Oh my goodness! Love it! :love: :love: :love:

Your taste in jewellery and pools is breathtaking! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - when I think of ultimate indoor pools, *this* is always my fantasy: the indoor pool at the Langham Hotel, Sydney. The ceiling is covered with pinhole lights, so it feels as though you're swimming under the night sky. :) I've swum in it a bunch of times - and I've never encountered another person there. Like Roman baths. Gorgeous.

Langham Hotel pool, Sydney_a.jpg

Umm yes that will certainly do. :love::appl:
Who’s joining me for a swim?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. I've been kicking myself for years for not buying a significant ruby, instead of all these diamonds. If I could go back in time - or magically remedy the situation - this is what I'd get:

https://www.cushiongem.com/ruby/8-carat-important-unheated-ruby

A
nd then I want to put it into a halo of FVI yellow diamonds. Where each diamond is around a quarter ct. :D

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results