shape
carat
color
clarity

What single jewelry/luxury item would you buy TODAY if you could?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond and halo was so wide you can't see the shank, so that's why it looks photoshopped! I tried it on at an estate jewelry shop in a high end mountain resort. I took some pictures in another shop and I think the highest priced item I asked to try on was around $300k and I thought that was expensive until I went to the other shop!

What mountain resort?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg and @FeFeV Lol, it's in western NC! Unfortunately one of the two best jewelry stores is closing at the end of this season in late November, though!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg and @FeFeV Lol, it's in western NC! Unfortunately one of the two best jewelry stores is closing at the end of this season in late November, though!

Late November? We still have time! :appl:

NC, eh?
I knew it couldn't be Little Rock, Arkansas, and figured it was probably in Boulder, Colorado. ;))

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to pick just one.

A super ideal round, about 1.5 to 2 ct would be fine.
A G VS1 or VS2, in a six-prong solitaire.

Or the Krupp Diamond.
Or Melania Trump's emerald.
Or her eternity.
:think:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think what amuses me the most is that someone thought a 17ct IF Faint Pink diamond needed a halo... lol

As for me... Just one thing?!

Probably two things would keep me happy:

- a 39mm Rolex Explorer 1 (because, annoyingly, it looks great, despite knowing there is a LOT of label in that pricetag and the constant marketing is the only real reason they are so highly valued); and

- a 2-2.5ct 7-7.5mm D-F VVS+ Octavia in a matte-finish tension setting for a RHR , not dissimilar to DF's or Kenny's ;-)

As a bloke I don't really want (couldn't wear) much else in terms of bling. Other than that, cars are always up there but I couldn't decide on just one, I don't really care about owning the latest (sp)iPhone, and holidays to nice places aren't a 'thing' lol

I guess I could want things for other people but, you know, this is all about me ;-) LOL

Actually, I wouldn't mind the all-black-face Rolex DayDate II in platinum as well - but at £40k, it will stay on the 'want' list for a while...

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006

In Asheville? We lived in Greensboro for a while and went to Asheville a lot but I don't remember such nice jewelry stores. But I wasn't looking for jewelry then. I would love to come back to NC for vacay. It is a beautiful state! We loved it there and my oldest child was born there.

Last edited:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
IMG_5468.PNG

Oh I adore the 5 motif bracelet in RG and YG (no diamonds, metal only) and I do hope someday to get to own it :). It's been on my want list for years now.

BUT - the above necklace is the piece that I covet most (and have for some time) and doubt I'll ever get to own. I would wear it every single day...

I could undoubtedly choose many additional gorgeous items (hello, handbags!! Hello, CS! Hello big beautiful OEC diamonds!), but this is one I would definitely get immediately if I had the cashola.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006

In Asheville? We lived in Greensboro for a while and went to Asheville a lot but I don't remember such nice jewelry stores. But I wasn't looking for jewelry then. I would love to come back to NC for vacay. It is a beautiful state! We loved it there and my oldest child was born there.

I figured no one would be familiar so I didn't name it! Highlands. It is a beautiful little town with lots of higher end shops, nice quaint hotels, and fine restaurants. It's a good place to do jewelry sightings on the women, too! :lol:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I figured no one would be familiar so I didn't name it! Highlands. It is a beautiful little town with lots of higher end shops, nice quaint hotels, and fine restaurants. It's a good place to do jewelry sightings on the women, too! :lol:

Thanks! I will check it out. We need a new place to go in the mountains.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My next ex-husband's wedding band? Workin' on that Liz Taylor game.

Just kidding. Probably. ;)2

I always want the same thing. I've been dreaming of an emerald cut emerald ring similar to this for oh, 20 years.
emeraldring.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I will check it out. We need a new place to go in the mountains.

It's a fun place to go at least once, but there are so many beautiful places in the mountains that have more reasonable places to stay. My in-laws just have a modest cabin there among the mansions. That's the only reason we go. Places like Blowing Rock are much closer for us and we are perfectly happy with that (and there are many others, of course).

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a fun place to go at least once, but there are so many beautiful places in the mountains that have more reasonable places to stay. My in-laws just have a modest cabin there among the mansions. That's the only reason we go. Places like Blowing Rock are much closer for us and we are perfectly happy with that (and there are many others, of course).

I love blowing rock and boone. Wow, I haven't thought about those places in years. Texas is home but I loved NC.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want two new watches and two new rings to match

The Jacob ring reminds a baren band set inside-out with pave by AOP ... Nice stunt !

[approx. note to self]

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should have posted this diamond ring I tried on last weekend. GIA Faint Pink, IF, 17 cts.
(Oh, and the price tag...$4.2 million)

One of the few things I regret not makig a small effort to buy was a fine Fancy White that size & shape - 15K ...

I IDIOT !

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few on my wish list:

1. My Custom Royal Asscher Anniversary Band.
With unlimited budget, I'd increase the carat weight to 0.30-0.50ct each, depending on finger space; I want 7 diamonds, and I intend to leave space for hand carved engraving to match my wedding set.
They would all be 1.00:1 l x w ratio, Flawless, F-G (I still love the warmer color), trellis or u-prong (still on the fence), bead set diamonds on the prongs, set in platinum, hand carved/forged motif & millgrain detail on the remaining, open shank.

2. 7-10ct Octavia Asscher from GOG to be set in a custom design by VC or Cassie for my RHR (or to rotate with my ER).

3. Victor's Platinum Motif Band.

IMG_5648.JPG

4. VC also has some beautiful Antique Cushions! I'd love to have a pair of his hand forged CAC stud earrings...perhaps 5cts? Maybe 3cts with halos? These, I prefer in lower color (K-M), and as close to flawless as possible.

IMG_7366.jpg

5. I'm also interested in adding a Paraiba to my collection...much like Leon Mege's, below:

IMG_5755.jpg

Oh, the options are endless with an unlimited budget!!!!
:lol-2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shout out @KaeKae!
If I used the "magic wand method", I'd increase my EC carat size x 4 (1.07ct x 4 = 4.28ct), keep the G color, keep the l x w ratio at 1.45:1, and remove all inclusions to change the clarity grade to IF. She's eye clean now, but an IF clarity grade ensures she's receiving the grade she deserves; she's so beautiful!! I love my Uisce! I think she'd LOVE to gain a few extra carats...lol!! :lol-2:
I love her setting, so that would remain the same. ;)2
In all honesty & seriousness, I must say that I absolutely love Uisce the way she is. It's fun to imagine "pumping her up", though! :mrgreen2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah this is easy for me - a 5 carat antique cushion! Just one simple little thing - that's not asking for too much, is it? Is it?!?

Fun thread, fun to dream!

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of these rose cut pears. Come on PS friends, send one my way :lol:
IMG_1432.JPG

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Asheville has a culinary award winning bed & breakfast called Hill House, we've stayed 4 times... We LOVE it there. Every single detail is spectacular and you meet the coolest people staying there too!

We also have stayed a few times at Springhouse Farms in the BR mountains... They have a cabin called "The Flying Bridge" and I swear it's just like staying in an adult treehouse! AMAZING and super private.

We are definitely Mountain People

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asheville has a culinary award winning bed & breakfast called Hill House, we've stayed 4 times... We LOVE it there. Every single detail is spectacular and you meet the coolest people staying there too!

We also have stayed a few times at Springhouse Farms in the BR mountains... They have a cabin called "The Flying Bridge" and I swear it's just like staying in an adult treehouse! AMAZING and super private.

We are definitely Mountain People

Awesome! Give me an idea of what part of the state you live in. Charlotte is the closest major city to us. Thanks for the recommendations! There are almost endless beautiful places to stay and visit in our mountains! We are only an hour and a half from Asheville and the only place I have stayed there was the Grove Park Inn. But we normally like being a little more removed than that. It's another fun to do once thing! My family has always rented houses in different places in the mountains whereas my husband's family had the place in Highlands. We are more free to go now that my husband just retired early!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Awesome! Give me an idea of what part of the state you live in. Charlotte is the closest major city to us. Thanks for the recommendations! There are almost endless beautiful places to stay and visit in our mountains! We are only an hour and a half from Asheville and the only place I have stayed there was the Grove Park Inn. But we normally like being a little more removed than that. It's another fun to do once thing! My family has always rented houses in different places in the mountains whereas my husband's family had the place in Highlands. We are more free to go now that my husband just retired early!
We just moved from Cary/Morrisville to Durham, NC. DH works in RTP so for the moment we have to live close to his job because the commute is just :evil::angryfire:
He's slowly been transitioning his role into a work-from-home over the past 5 years.
When I first finished NC State I lived in Charlotte for about 3 years... It's my favorite "hustle-n-bustle" city in the South. The mountains have always had my heart though. When I moved to Atlanta as a single gal I would spend all of my weekend time in Hiawasee, GA and Roanoke, VA renting private cabins and hiking with my fur-son. Both of those locations have BEAUTIFUL mountain communities.

I completely agree with you that renting a house on vacay provides the privacy, independence and seclusion that we really desire when we're in unwind mode. One day we will have our very own hidden, mountain hideaway :kiss2::geek2:, no paved roads, no easy access... Maybe even require an ATV just to get to our front door. How dreamy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results