shape
carat
color
clarity

What single jewelry/luxury item would you buy TODAY if you could?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 are you trying to kill us with that picture. Just the picture is giving me heart palpitations LOL!

An antique emerald cut a little over 5 carats set in a solitaire. I would wear it everywhere! I would also get fillers added to my hands to make them look nicer.

LOLOLOL CC. Is this possible? I might have to consider it:mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted a 2.5 ct. GIA certed round G VS2. My perfect *all grown up* stone. I remember when I asked elle chris about her new stone that was exactly what I described. That was years ago and it was over $40K. I can't even imagine what it is now. I stopped fantasy shopping a long time ago. I'm too old for that now.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm if I suddenly had lots of $$$$.....:whistle:Maybe this delicious Tanzanite ring which just happened to fit perfectly....
IMG_0704.JPG
Or perhaps this velvety Art Deco beauty?
IMG_0927.JPG
Or maybe even these luscious Tahitian pearls?
IMG_1326.JPG
How can anyone pick just one!? :think:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOLOLOL CC. Is this possible? I might have to consider it:mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

It's definitely a thing @canuk-gal The only problem is I would have to use so much filler because my hands are so veiny. Would also have to have laser treatments to get rid of sun spots, Years of gardening has done a lot of damage to my hands.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 3 ct ACA upgrade, a diamond Rolex watch and a yg princess Diana sapphire ring.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had the money to buy it.. I love that stone.. it's perfect.. and I agree the clarity drives the price up.. I can dream....

:)

I had that diamond at my house for over a week. It's to die for. :love::love::love::love::love: I'm honestly shocked it hasn't sold. White. Firecracker. I know the VVS1 is driving the price up......

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough question. If I could add to my diamond repertoire I think I would add a huge beautiful antique step cut or a big beautiful antique pear diamond. The bigger the better. And it has to be antique. Ideally one of each please.8-)

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be happy just to get another 3Ct round again

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave at least the reason you don't have your blue diamonds isn't for lack of finding them! In some regions of the world, they are rare & unusual. $100k is a big chunk of change to have to put out for them! I know there are blue diamonds that are "more valued" by some; every time my SIL walks into a jewelry store, she is solicited to SELL her diamond!! She would never part with it. I'd be interested to know how high top dollar would be to those willing to buy her stone, though...lol! :lol:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll never have the money, but if I did, a vivid pink Argyle diamond

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave at least the reason you don't have your blue diamonds isn't for lack of finding them! In some regions of the world, they are rare & unusual. $100k is a big chunk of change to have to put out for them! I know there are blue diamonds that are "more valued" by some; every time my SIL walks into a jewelry store, she is solicited to SELL her diamond!! She would never part with it. I'd be interested to know how high top dollar would be to those willing to buy her stone, though...lol! :lol:

The pics aren't working for me?

;-)

lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had the money, I would re-set my mum's 1.8ct+ MRB in convertible settings in platinum so that it can be worn as a ring, pendant, brooch, or a cuff, in some sort of flower design.

DK :bigsmile:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0108.JPG I was lucky enough to get a free ticket to the master piece London show this summer. They had many beautiful gems and diamonds on offer which would require a home remortgage and the sale of a kidney:(2
If money were no object I would get this beautiful 6 carat yellow diamond ring set in copper

And this Edwardian platinum and rose cut diamond necklace. It's on a very long chain with natural pearls!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great thread. Late to the party.

I have been thinking and thinking. I am such a rings girl. The earrings I am craving may be doable sometime, so it has to be a ring.

I am thinking of consolidating my collection into one? Or, well, maybe two.

I thought to go simple and just wear a hunking big white. But I am really not a white or RB person so ...

Upgrade my low alphabet cushion halo to a Zimmi center and make that maybe 3 ct., cushion of course.

Second, a teal diamond, unfortunately the one I liked in tone and saturation, the one that really stood out to me was around half a million per carat and it was a 1.05. Sadly the stone was a bit too deep cut for my taste, so I had to pass. As to shape, a cushion or a pear.

But because I am sentimental I would still keep my faves for everyday wear.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A tennis bracelet! Frivolous...pretty and so out of character......not sure which style tho. Lol!

FM

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By a remarkable coincidence (what with the thread being bumped today) I saw a ring I seriously want in the posh jewellers' window at lunch!

2.5ct Asscher, faux-tension set, looks to be perhaps an H or an I when viewed at an oblique angle, but the cut was really excellent - no dead spots apart from going 'quiet' at extreme angles (which I imagine nearly all do), lively across the stone rather than being 'all on or all off', good mix of white light return and fire, and no issues with P3 facets.

I may go in and just say "I'm in no position to buy but pleeeeeeease can I try it on??" :lol:

If I had the cash I would have probably made an offer on it - but I don't have £22500 spare... (reduced from £28500!) lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By a remarkable coincidence (what with the thread being bumped today) I saw a ring I seriously want in the posh jewellers' window at lunch!

2.5ct Asscher, faux-tension set, looks to be perhaps an H or an I when viewed at an oblique angle, but the cut was really excellent - no dead spots apart from going 'quiet' at extreme angles (which I imagine nearly all do), lively across the stone rather than being 'all on or all off', good mix of white light return and fire, and no issues with P3 facets.

I may go in and just say "I'm in no position to buy but pleeeeeeease can I try it on??" :lol:

If I had the cash I would have probably made an offer on it - but I don't have £22500 spare... (reduced from £28500!) lol

Oh my goodness, yes, please go in and ask to try on this ring! It needs to be tried on and photographed (for your fellow dear PSers of course :whistle:) and you deserve to see that baby on your hand. You do!:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results