shape
carat
color
clarity

what kind of wedding band should I put with my e-ring

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I am having trouble uploading pictures but here is the original link to my ring. I am wondering what kind of wedding band would look good with my ring. I am not a big fan of curved bands but would if i found the right one i would consider it. My ring is already pretty sparkly and I don''t want to blind people hehe. I also really like rose gold and would like to incorporate it into the set somehow. Thank you for helping me!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-engaged-and-the-ring-is-so-sparkely.142613/

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I had a curved band that I thought would work with my halo and it did not. It would not line up because it would shift. Unless your willing to have it soldered I would consider something else.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
IMAG0137_2.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
First, I love your ring! It's just gorgeous, and if you get a chance, please post some more photos. Second, your ring is very similar to my ring (which makes me love your ring even more!) so I'm posting a link to a previous thread of mine which shows my ring with several wedding bands. I wear a size 7.75

previous thread

I still haven't decided what I want as a "final" band, but I am now considering a custom-designed curved band.

Charm City has a ring very similar to our rings -- colored stone halo -- and if you scroll down to the end of my thread, take a look at her avatar. She has a beautiful curved band with her ring.

Here'a a link to CharmCity's thread. She says in the thread that she had her jeweler make a custom band for the ring.

ETA: Here's a link to another thread with photos of antique rings with wedding bands, and this thread also includes another photo of CharmCity's band.

Here's a photo of the wax for the matching curved wedding band for my ring, that I'm considering have made with diamonds (not sapphires):

Lula

Ideal_Rock
okay, PS is giving me grief and making it hard to post photos....trying again...

This ring belongs to someone else -- this person had a 2 carat diamond in the setting, with a diamond halo, and a different gallery design, but it's the same "base" ring design as my ring.

whpdx1x.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I think if the curved band is designed with a higher profile, rather than flat, it will reduce spinning. Here is the profile (in wax) of both rings. You can see how high the band is. Wink/HPD, who designed my ring, said that the matching band will repeat the gallery design, and match up perfectly to the engagement ring. Hope this helps!

whpdx2x.jpg

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for responding to my question and i know this might sound crazy but i think the curved bands look too big! I just don''t like the way they sit around the "head" of the ring. Plus I want to be able to wear it separately and curved bands only look good with the ring I have been looking at a lot of wedding bands and the ones I like would not work with my e-ring at all. What is your take on having a wedding band that doesn''t go with your engagement ring? any thoughts....

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I would put a super thin channel set eternity band with it
4.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results