shape
carat
color
clarity

Fay Cullen ER

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I originally started lurking this forum looking to see if anyone had any information on Fay Cullen. I fell in love with an ER from her site and had read such mixed reviews!

We finally just took the chance and it''s here! It is more beautiful than I had expected. The photo doesn''t do it justice.

.93 European cut, I, VS2

Here''s hoping it never falls apart, her return policy is supposed to be awful!

charmcity1.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s lovely! I have always liked that setting. Have you had it appraised?

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
No, I haven''t. I took it to our family jeweler to be resized and he said that we really got a bargain! I don''t even know how to go about having it appraised. I probably should so I can put it on my homeowner''s insurance.

----

P.S., here is my romantic engagement story...

me - "hey, that ring I liked on the internet just went on sale"
him - "you have my savings account info, buy it"
me - "ok"

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love the sapphire halo, it''s so stunning and really stands out from the crowd. Congrats! I have drooled over many of the stones and settings at Fay Cullen as well! It''s nice to see some personal pics!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 1:22:29 PM
Author: CharmCity
No, I haven''t. I took it to our family jeweler to be resized and he said that we really got a bargain! I don''t even know how to go about having it appraised. I probably should so I can put it on my homeowner''s insurance.

----

me - ''hey, that ring I liked on the internet just went on sale''

him - ''you have my savings account info, buy it''

me - ''ok''
Ha! And I''ll bet that you buying it with his account doesn''t diminish your love of it one bit right? People are always coming here wanting a big surprise but I say, if you know what you love, why not select it? Glad you love your ring, it''s lovely. Is the center stone an antique stone or new RB?

You really need to get it appraised by an independent appraiser ASAP, then get it insured...unless you can easily afford to replace it if anything happens to it. Given that FC has a terrible return policy (there''s a recent thread on RT where she was pretty awful to a customer who received a stone that was clearly not what she was told it was), you need to make sure what you bought is what the stone really is. And you need to do it quickly, before the return period is up. You can look up independent appraisers in your area by using the "Resources" bar at the top of this page.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Love the ring, the sapphires look great, your engagement story sounds as romantic as mine was!
9.gif

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring. Congratulations.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmCity, it''s beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

And, FWIW, my wedding band came from Fay Cullen, and I absolutely love it! I''ve had it for three years and some change, and I''ve never had a single problem with it!
1.gif

BTW, your "romantic engagement story" sounds a lot like mine! LOL!
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I have looked at that one several times also. If you do get it appraised please let us know how it turns out. I would love to get some of the beautiful things on her site, but I don''t know that I could ever trust her enough to go thru with it. It sounds like you really lucked out though and I hope you did!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
BTW my engagement story is pretty much the EXACT same story as yours. My bf (now fiance) was on night shifts at the time and I actually had to wake him up from his day-time sleeping so he could confirm his card information with the bank! How romantic!

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
We're more practical than romantic. I'm happy with the way it all worked out and I got the exact ring that I wanted.

My parents have been married happily for almost 40 years and had a very similar engagement story.

Dad was getting ready to be shipped to Vietnam and was thousands of miles away in army training. He called mom on the phone.

Dad - "I just wired my dad some money, go with him and pick out a ring:
Mom - "Um, okay"

Everyone, thanks for the advice. I'll have it appraised ASAP. My family jeweler confirmed that it was as good if not better than it was claimed to be, but I need to get it officially in writing.

It's a "European cut" so I'm assuming it's an old stone.

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
finger pic!

(rubies not sapphires)

charmcity2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
More pictures please!!! I love the colored stone halos that FC does...yours is beautiful! Congrats on your engagement, too! I agree with Surfgirl that hype necessarily doesn''t = romantic. :)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Fay does have some extremely gorgeous settings on her site. If only she had better customer service and a reasonable return policy I''m sure she''d have many more sales from PS.

Congrats on your new ring.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 1:22:29 PM
Author: CharmCity

----

me - ''hey, that ring I liked on the internet just went on sale''

him - ''you have my savings account info, buy it''

me - ''ok''

LOL, love it and your ring. It is gorgeous. Congratulations.

He sounds like my DH of almost 28 years. Him: You are going to marry me!!!! Me: Ok LOL!!!

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
On everyone''s advice I called the jeweler who is sizing the ring (and an heirloom EC necklace that I needed re-rhodiumed), they are going to do an appraisal for insurance. It''s going to take an extra few days to get them back. Boo. All for the best.

Here''s the original picture from the website.

charmcity3.jpg

UpgradeMe

Rough_Rock
First of all...it''s gorgeous! I love love love it and it looks terrific on your finger. Congrats! Love your engagement story too! LOL

Secondly, I can''t believe you posted this! I found a ring on their site yesterday and have been in contact with them about doing a few changes. (i.e. using white gold instead of platinum, etc.) They''ve been very helpful and gotten back to me quickly. However, I read some mixed reviews as well. Especially regarding the return policy. Which has me a bit scared! I''m glad to see a positive review!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve also fallen in love with this style now forever!!!! I''ve always admired these types of settings with rubies or sapphires around the center stone. Hopefully someday I will get to own one as a RHR. I''m glad everything worked out well with the vendor. I think as long as you don''t have to return it and it appraises well, I think you will be fine. Her pictures seem to be accurate from other people''s experiences here.

Your ring is just so stunning!!! I hope you will post more pictures, especially a few of the profile.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! another gorgeous older stone and setting in a beautiful antique setting! I it a knock-out!!
30.gif
35.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on finding this amazing ring......and on your engagement!!!
36.gif

Lori

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
I love that setting...the one with sapphires is saved on my comp...

Congrats

crpediem

Rough_Rock
Holy Cow! That thing is awesome... I don''t usually go for those kind of settings but damn! Me likey
26.gif

The ruby halo is just something I''ve not seen before... kudos!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! I love the ruby halo! Congratulations!
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone and setting! It''s a shame FC has such awful customer service, because she has some really great stuff.

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
Hey I wish that worked with my man..."hey the ring I like is on sale.."

It is really nice. I love those ruby halos. I would love more handshots if you get a chance. When I see those ruby halos in person, I am always shocked at how big they look on the hand. What kind of band will you get for it?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love love love it! But we really need more pics!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results