shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band for antique engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

les12

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I am new here but have been lurking for a few months now. My boyfriend and I picked out a gorgeous (!!) art deco ring a few months ago, and I am thinking he will propose within the next month. I am so thrilled!! The ring is a true beauty, like nothing I have ever seen. I am wondering what type of band to wear with it, since no band will sit flush with the edge of the ring. I do not want a band custom shaped to the ring because I will probably wear it alone at times. The ring we chose takes up a pretty big amount of space - top to bottom - on my finger, so I am concerned about getting something too thick which would leave me very little room between my rings and my knuckle.

Any suggestions?? Also, I know I can do whatever I want, but is it typical for women to wear their engagement ring on their right hand, and just the wedding band on the left? I am in love with all of these gorgeous stacking rings I see on the site as well:)
I wish I had a picture to show you all so it would be easier to see what I am talking about, but for now I just have one VERY blurry photo from my phone, and I''m not sure that would do the job.

Thanks so much for reading, I look forward to hearing everyone''s input!!

les12

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I decided to post the picture. (Hope this works...) Is this the worst quality photo you have ever seen?! sorry! But I wanted to show the size/shape of the ring as a whole on my finger. I can''t wait to have it and take decent pictures so show all of you!

les12 ring.jpg

les12

Shiny_Rock
That ring is beautiful! I love how delicate it is, I think that''s similar to what I am looking for.

As far as the ring I posted here, It is a 1.4 ct RB with a small row of diamonds above and below the center stone, forming that rectangular look you see. Along each side are 5 baguettes of varying lengths with a small square sapphire at the end of each. I obviously don''t know all the technical terms yet, but I wanted to try to describe it a little so you can try to make out more of the detail.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I have a antique inspired e-ring and I have an eternity band. Doesn''t sit flush but I love them together. I have 10 pointers on the eternity band. BTW please post pics of your ring because it sounds AMAZING...right up my alley! The blurry pics are such a tease
2.gif

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
Curved band!

charmcitywedding5.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
charmcity - i have to say - i''m not normally a fan of curved wedding bands, but your set together just looks fabbo!

nice job! :)

tessa

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of my Art Deco ring with a slender Art Deco band.
The ring is about .60 ct transitional cut with some small side diamonds.
I don''t remember the tcw of the eternity band but it is all OMCs and engraved platinum.

I will post some pics of the ring itself in the under 1 carat thread or one of the vintage cut threads.

I de-cloaked after a long time lurking without posting but the eye-candy has got me going!

Your ring is beautiful and will no doubt look great with whatever you choose!!

Oh, and pics are courtesy and thanks to smarie!!
She takes such great pics.

IMG_0547_1_low.gif

tessa

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know why that came through in black and white.
I will try again.

IMG_0547_1.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmCity - love your set!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Tessa, that set is gorgeous! Where did you find an eternity of OMCs? Would love to find myself one of those!
30.gif

les12

Shiny_Rock
Ah, all of these rings are so beautiful!! CharmCity, I also don''t usually go for the curved band look, but your set is gorgeous!! Tessa, I love the detail of your ring, it is exquisite!! I think that a narrow band similar to this would be just what I need.
I found Cellentani''s ultra thin baguettes (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cellentanis-ultra-thin-baguette-bands-are-here.106372/) and I think that something like this would look great with my ring, and match the baguettes along the sides. Any ideas where I could find something like this?? I know the place she got hers is sold out, bummer!
I can''t wait for the proposal and the sharing of the (much better quality) pictures!! woo!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results