shape
carat
color
clarity

KristyDarling''s 3-stone by Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
***DROOL***

I''m drooling and blinded at the same time!!!!!!!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
KristyDarling, your rings are to DIE for!!!!

I love the Leon Mege all on its own, but I can see why you liked the Tiff band with it, too. It''s so subtle, you can barely see it so I''m sure it looks lovely in person with the 3-stone.

When you wear your solitaire e-ring, do you miss your 3-stone?
30.gif

Which one do you find yourself reaching for more? Ladies, which one would you wear more?
I think I''d be sporting the 3-stone more depending on the outfit.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 12:51:27 AM
Author: cpster
Kristy Darling...can you post a few shots of the inside of your gorgeous ring? Pretty please???
I second that. I''d like to see a few closeup shots of inside the ring. It''s one of the things that Mege does so well that nobody ever gets to see except on his website.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Kristy, I came back to drool over that gorgeous 3 stone ring again, and the more I look at it, the more I love it!
18.gif
Funny how it works with the ideal diamonds huh? Once you go ideal, you can''t go back.
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cpster and elmo -- here you go! Inside ring shots! (two coming) Every inside surface is polished and finished beautifully.
1.gif

Closeupinside.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2006 1:22:22 PM
Author: Julian
KristyDarling, your rings are to DIE for!!!!

I love the Leon Mege all on its own, but I can see why you liked the Tiff band with it, too. It''s so subtle, you can barely see it so I''m sure it looks lovely in person with the 3-stone.

When you wear your solitaire e-ring, do you miss your 3-stone?
30.gif

Which one do you find yourself reaching for more? Ladies, which one would you wear more?

I think I''d be sporting the 3-stone more depending on the outfit.
Julian -- When I wear my original e-ring, you mean? It''s a different feeling, wearing my original ring. It looks more low-key and delicate, and makes me feel more "my age." When I wear my Leon 3-stone, sometimes I feel like I''m playing a part...a more glammed up version of me. (I''m not glamorous by nature at all) As for which one I reach for more...of course my LM 3-stone!
9.gif
I''m an unashamed size whore after all.

Milly -- yeah, ideal cut stones are pretty darn amazing. My 3.5 carat stone is "old" AGS ideal but it''s still an incredibly bright and fiery stone. Compared to my original e-ring stone, especially. My original stone sparkles like mad, but not quite as much as my new one. However, my original stone is very very white and bright, which I love.

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
KristyD- Your rings are beautiful. I think your three stone should stand alone without a band. It''s pure perfection!
face18.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn''t checked in here in awhile, but I love all the new pictures! I agree with the ones who said no wedding band with the 3 stone. It is a knock-out by itself. The Tacori is so pretty, too!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you KristyDarling for posting the new photos! Your ring really is a piece of art!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock

Kristy! I love love love your new 3 stone ring! That 3.56 looks massive! Now I know why your 1.37 e-ring doesn''t look as big as my 1.23!! After wearing that 3.56, anything is the 1carat range must look tiny!

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the setting and side view!

mmisl

Rough_Rock
I love your ring - it is absolutely gorgeous. The photos in the sun are fabulous - I love the one with the super visible arrows. Lucky lucky you!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Kristy your 3 stone is so beautiful... I think it''s the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. It makes my little 1ct three stone look like a childs toy.
5.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Mmsl and Luvs!
21.gif
I feel very very lucky. And please Luvs, your ring is gorgeous and is a beautiful size! Yours is classy and elegant while mine can often be perceived as plain ole obnoxious.
9.gif
Grass is always greener!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Kristy, that is a classic beauty. Just went though all the beautiful pictures. But no more TOILET shots please. I was cringing when I saw that..what if....
32.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
KD,,, your ring is beautiful you must take some flower shots!!!!!
36.gif
31.gif

aimdog

Rough_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH!

I just realized my original post ... didn''t post!
6.gif

KristyDarling ~
emrose.gif

SHAZAM! My all time favorite ... I should say only favorite 3 stone setting! I just love the look of a huge ... quality cut RB with pears
18.gif
!!! MMMmmm ... it really is sexy! (Sorry if it''s strange, but that''s what I think!)

Mercy me, your ring is extreemly breath-taking! A "Leon" to boot ... WOW!
30.gif

I love it, and love all the pics you have been posting
emlove.gif
. I agree, need some flower
emphoto.gif
''s of your stunning beauty!

Take pride and enjoy wearing your gorgeous ring!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
35.gif

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Wow..I love the sihouette/shadow shot...I love the pics...and don''t get me started on your ring...simple stunning...
21.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, my buddy Wallermama and I went to Dianne's in San Francisco this afternoon to play with some antique jewelry and we had a GREAT time. I've been happily wearing my 3-stone ring as a stand-alone engagement/wedding ring (no band) and I think it looks perfect alone. However, there are times when I really wouldn't mind a pretty wedding band to go with it. As you can see from my earlier posts in this thread, I have no shortage of bands, but none seem to work well with this ring. Leon told me more than once that it's just not meant to be worn with a w-band. BUT.....Wallermama's eagle eye spotted a beautiful, itty bitty, delicate little band that you could've easily missed while looking through the case. It was a 1.3mm wide channel-set eternity band with french cut baguettes and the slightest bit of milgrain. You'd have to have 20/20 vision in order to see the milgrain and microscopic detail on this ring.

We didn't think it would click with my 3-stone, but guess what? IT DID!!! Ellen and I felt that the band was delicate and understated enough to sit next to my ring and not detract at all from the main attraction. Please check out the following pics and let me know what you think. If I end up buying it, I'll probably wear it only some of the time since I love wearing my Leon alone, but at least I'll finally have a good band option! Please note that the ring was way too big for my finger so it didn't lay right in the photos.

THANK YOU WALLERMAMA for sending me these lovely photos. I blame you for adding yet another bauble to my wish list!
11.gif

L1010380.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for Wallermama! What a great choice Kristy, that band just adds dear little sparkles beneath ' THE LEON' which is just enough!
30.gif
I really love it with the ring and think you should get it!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it too. I think it looks lovely and the tiny sparkle is just perfect. I think you should get it
9.gif

and I just LOVE looking at any and all pictures of you Leon..

widget

Ideal_Rock
OH, Kristy! I just love it!

I think that delicate, discreet sparkle is perfect next to the big ''un...

If you decide to get it, I''d LOVE to see some super-duper closeups of that band...the French cut diamonds and minute detail sound like just my cup of tea!

By the way....I gather you can have it sized? I''m a bit surprised...

widget

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE YOUR NEW RING!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m glad to see that other people like that ring too! It is even better in person. It is SO gorgeous.

Widget, it is a new ring, made by one of the few people in the US that works with french cut baguettes (which I had never heard of, let alone seen...) She could order it in her tiny tiny size. Dianne''s had two and you should have seen them stacked! But I digress.

It highlighted the sparkle of KD''s diamonds without detracting from their shape. All of the other options we tried on, shared prong and the like, competed too much.

Isn''t it odd that when we strive to be matchy match so much, sometimes the best match is the most improbable? Kristy with her ring that had the largest center stone in the store almost, paired with the itty bittiest wedding band there?

But it was so pretty!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Also, I forgot to add...that ring is just so cool on its own. Because they are so tiny, there is no obvious stop and start to each baguette.... and the extra cuts that make them french give them an extra ooomph...and no metal shows, so it really looks like a ring made of one carved diamond! Not a shared prong look, but literally looks like one diamond cut into a circle. I loved it. And I hope KD gets it!

OK KD... a bit of research found me this ring....looks the same! I''d use this info for some (ehem) negotiation with our friend Alex...

frenchie1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results