shape
carat
color
clarity

KristyDarling''s 3-stone by Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Kristy! Have you adjusted to the SIZE of the reset yet, I remember you saying how extra huge it looked!
3.gif
Both of those rings are fabulous!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And oh yeah, feel free to tell me which wedding band(s) you liked my ring with best!!!! I've been wearing it mostly with the knife-edge band (or alone)...but surprisingly, in real life it looks pretty decent with the Bez Ambar band! Yeah, A LOT of bling, but the blinginess of the 2 rings together sort of works!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i do really love the knife edge band, much more so than the thick plain band.

thanks so much for the pics!! yummy way to stary my monday morning!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kristy -

Gorgeous new pics. I agree with jcrow, I think I like the 2mm knife edge the best. The other diamond bands don''t "go" 100%, and if anything, compete with your 3-stone (which is just awesome by itself).

I would either just wear the 3-stone alone or if you want to be really traditional, then definitely the knife edge.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i also like the 10 pointer band. i don''t care for the channel set one, and like i mentioned before, i prefer the knife edge over the other thick metal band.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t like any of the bands with the ring...

to me the ring looks best when it''s on it''s own, it''s HUGE and it''s a very striking piece, so to me any of those three bands just provide a ''distraction'' from the piece itself.

and honestly this is kind of why i am sooo not sold on 3 stone rings...because i think they are super hard to pair with w-rings! and i really love the two ring thing. but your ring takes up so much real-estate on your finger KD...it doesn''t need anything else!

fab pictures by the way!! love it!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 12:49:31 PM
Author: Mara

to me the ring looks best when it''s on it''s own, it''s HUGE and it''s a very striking piece, so to me any of those three bands just provide a ''distraction'' from the piece itself.

and honestly this is kind of why i am sooo not sold on 3 stone rings...because i think they are super hard to pair with w-rings! and i really love the two ring thing. but your ring takes up so much real-estate on your finger KD...it doesn''t need anything else!

This is why I was the queen of the reset. My e-ring was set in two different 3 stone rings before going to my current chunky halo. I did not have a big center stone like Kristy, so I was trying to get more "ice" on my finger by doing a 3 stone, because 1 carat is just too small for me.

But with my 3stone ring, I tried on all the bands like you have Kristy, and my fave is your boundless 10pointers .. the first one you showed.

However, that said, if i were you, I''d just wear your Leon Mege alone, since you have a HUNKA HUNKA ICE there...and your center stone has such a great size, that it really does a great job as Finger Ambassador all by itself!

Cheers!

Jeannine

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 12:49:31 PM
Author: Mara

Got to agree w/ Mara here -- as I''ve always expressed here, I just think three-stones should "stand alone". But, for me it is the opposite of Mara, in that the three-stone appeals to me because of it standing alone, as I just have never cared for wearing two rings, it annoys me for some reason!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Kristy,

My time is limited....I''m trying to be a very very good girl and not squander my daughter''s naptime on PS (like usual)when my kitchen is a mess!

My favorite: nothing. no band. all glorious leon.

2nd fav: bez ambar ring.

Honestly, the plain bands look like an afterthought, to me. Like a toddler groom next to a supermodel bride. And this is coming from a plain band fan.

If I could pair any band ever with your lovely ring, I wonder what a shared prong eternity (no bezel, all bling) would look like next to it. Maybe a not-too-big one, but big enough to hold its own. I think a band that is all diamond and no metal would compliment it best, like Kaleigh''s.

But oh my gosh, nothing is bad! And nothing detracts from that ring!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''m with the majority...I like it without any band, but of all the bands, I like the Bez Ambar the best!!!
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the input thus far! Actually, I agree with you all! Which is why I sometimes wear it alone, or with the knife-edge, or with the Bez Ambar. I never wear it with the channel-set eternity nor the thicker plain band. When I wear it alone, all my attention is directed toward the ring and it just looks so clean! When I wear it with the knife-edge, I look more "married" and I''m happy that the 3-stone is still the center of attention. When I wear it with the Bez Ambar, I can pretend I''m Angie Harmon and go a little blind with all the bling (though the overall shape of the 3-stone is lost). I''m just having way too much fun with this whole thing!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks best by itself too. You have a gorgous Leon with serious across the finger bling and I too thing a wedding band detracts from the e-ring. But, it''s nice to have the options to add one if you want to. I think the bez ambar rings works a la angie harmon but i''m not really the digging the knife edge band. maybe b/c it''s not stacked up right next to the knife edge on the e-ring like a Tiffany ring and the gap makes the band stand out more. Anyway, love love love your e-ring.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
KristyDarling, I think I tried typing compliments on your gorgeous new setting a while back, before I was out of town, but somehow I don''t think it came thru. So anyway, long-overdue compliments on your gorgeous new ring!!!!! Hard to add anything to all the well-deserved praise of that beauty already written in these many pages.

But since looking at the last page of this thread, I agree with Mara and especially headlight: "I just think three-stones should "stand alone". But, for me it is the opposite of Mara, in that the three-stone appeals to me because of it standing alone, as I just have never cared for wearing two rings, it annoys me for some reason!" I like the 2 ring tradition on others, but I also find it''s not the best for me: I love beautiful rings that stand alone, and not having to worry about the two sitting together & matching, and not being too much together etc....

Lastly, I have a question. I noticed at the top of the page you have two e-rings, one with side baguettes. I apologize if it was on a previous page, but what''s the story behind that? I like it!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 4:36:05 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

KristyDarling, I think I tried typing compliments on your gorgeous new setting a while back, before I was out of town, but somehow I don''t think it came thru. So anyway, long-overdue compliments on your gorgeous new ring!!!!! Hard to add anything to all the well-deserved praise of that beauty already written in these many pages.

But since looking at the last page of this thread, I agree with Mara and especially headlight: ''I just think three-stones should ''stand alone''. But, for me it is the opposite of Mara, in that the three-stone appeals to me because of it standing alone, as I just have never cared for wearing two rings, it annoys me for some reason!'' I like the 2 ring tradition on others, but I also find it''s not the best for me: I love beautiful rings that stand alone, and not having to worry about the two sitting together & matching, and not being too much together etc....

Lastly, I have a question. I noticed at the top of the page you have two e-rings, one with side baguettes. I apologize if it was on a previous page, but what''s the story behind that? I like it!!

Yes, I too would love to know the story behind your other -- GORGEOUS -- e ring!!!

Also, FYI to anyone that cares -- I DO love e-ring and w-rings together, just on me, personally, they never have felt right. I''m always fidgeting with them to either line up properly or to stay flush. Take that in the context that I have knuckle problems, so I guess when these other things happen, it just brings my attention to my fingers and I hyperfocus on all the problems with my hands. So, I just didn''t want everyone here to think that I was insulting their sets because that is not the case at all -- I''m totally envious of the two-ring wearers, which I could comfortably be one of them!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
God love you KristyDarling! I thought I was the only one who had more than one wedding band. I think you have me beat by one.

I usually wear my 3 stone with my 3 carat eternity band or my platinum comfort fit for some reason the 2 carat shared prong eternity doesn''t work so it hardly gets worn. However, your 3 stone is so magnificent on its own, it really doesn''t need any wedding band. If you feel compelled to feel "married" put one of your bands on your right hand.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 8:58:40 PM
Author: headlight

Also, FYI to anyone that cares -- I DO love e-ring and w-rings together, just on me, personally, they never have felt right. I'm always fidgeting with them to either line up properly or to stay flush. Take that in the context that I have knuckle problems, .... So, I just didn't want everyone here to think that I was insulting their sets because that is not the case at all -- I'm totally envious of the two-ring wearers, which I could comfortably be one of them!
Same here; I always feel funny making some comments on pricescope, since it could seem I am insulting 85% of the other folks' rings/sets, when of course I actually think most others' rings are beautiful, but just not for me for one reason or another. But all that should be, hopefully, understood on PS. There are dozens of rings & sets I think are fabulous & beautiful on PS and in 'real life', but wouldn't be for me.

p.s. would love to see more pics of the baguette ring, Kristy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OFG i totally know what you mean girl...so much of this stuff is personal taste! and it's no big deal for people to have different tastes. that's just life.

i LOVE LOVE LOVE KD's ring and wouldn't pair it with anything else but i do know the need for more bling...tee hee...Kristy what about doing a shared prong like kaleigh's. i know someone else already said that up above but i think that's a great idea. more bling but not alot of metal. yummo!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By request, here are a couple more pics of my Tacori e-ring. The back story: DH and I picked the stone together at a jeweler down in Milpitas, CA. We bought from the one and only store we visited. We looked at 6-7 stones and quickly picked one. We didn''t put much time, effort, thought, or research (this was pre-PS)...we just trusted what our eyes saw. As for the setting, this was actually the SECOND setting I had put the stone in. The first one was a classic 6-prong platinum Tiffany style setting...which I liked for about 3 months before I decided I wanted something more unique-looking. I went with a friend to the JewelryMart in San Francisco and found this setting by Tacori, from their Parasol Collection. I told DH *after* I bought the Tacori setting that I was going to re-mount the diamond. He was fine with it, fortunately.
9.gif

Stone specs: GIA E VS1 Good polish/symmetry, 1.37 carats. According to Nan Stacy, the cut is not great but she was surprised it was still able to return this much brilliance and fire. However, now that I have my AGS0, I can totally tell the difference between an okay-cut stone and an ideal-cut. When taking pictures, I can''t capture any sparks coming out of my 1.37...but there are sparks galore with my 3.56.
4.gif

tacwband far.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even closer.

I LOVE this ring. I think rounds with baguette sides is one of the classiest and most timeless looks around. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably opt against all the filigree, but it''s what I was crazy about at the time. Even so, I still think it''s pretty nice.

tacwbandclose.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, ladies -- i think that ALL opinions are more than welcome! I always appreciate hearing all points of view and think that they help broaden my mind.
1.gif

Mara, you know the shared-prong idea did come to mind but I don''t want to push my luck with DH. And especially not now when he''s considering a major career change! Intriguing option though!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy your Tacori reminds me of the one pearlman''s is selling is his closeout section. If it were closer to my size i''d get it just to have. I love the baguettes. It''s great that you were able to keep it.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Kristy, I hope this isn''t too much to ask, but can you post some more pics of your Leon 3 stone ring??? I can''t get enough of it!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
KristyDarling...everytime I see your ring I drool!!! I also like your three stone ring on it''s own. More pictures please!!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 7:28:09 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Even closer.

I LOVE this ring. I think rounds with baguette sides is one of the classiest and most timeless looks around. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably opt against all the filigree, but it's what I was crazy about at the time. Even so, I still think it's pretty nice.
Of course your new ring is absolutely stunning, but I also love the baguette ring. I must admit I was glad to read your statement, "I think rounds with baguette sides is one of the classiest and most timeless looks around" since that is sort of the direction I'm leaning for my upgrade, and you don't see as much of it here on PS. I think the filigree is pretty too on yours, although I probably won't go with it either. Thanks for posting those pictures. Sorry to 'hijack' your thread with another of your own rings!!
2.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, KD, I don''t know how I missed this thread. Your new ring is just spectacular! Words fail.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Your Tacori ring is lovely too. Enjoy them! Take them out into the light! You deserve diamond happiness!
9.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Kristy, your Leon is just magnificant!!! I''m in the minority here, but I like it w/ that thin channel band.. The knife edge is great, but perhaps too knife like?

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Kristy Darling...can you post a few shots of the inside of your gorgeous ring? Pretty please???

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snooper -- I was also a little surprised that no one really liked the channel eternity with my ring. I think it looks kinda neato and understated.
1.gif

Cpster -- I''ll try to sneak a few shots in soon!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results