shape
carat
color
clarity

KristyDarling''s 3-stone by Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
And the other...

frenchie2.jpg

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I love Leon''s work. That ring is to die for...I couldnt dream up a more perfect setting than the one he made for you!!!!!!!!

Wear it in good health! Congrats on such great blingage!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, thanks everyone.

Ellen, I too totally loved the extra sparkle the french cuts offer. Regular baguette eternity bands are nice too, but a little flat for my taste. If I recall correctly, Alex said that there is an extra facet to french cuts which gives it that subtle bit of extra sparke. I likey! Hey, where did you find that band you posted? I wanna look up the pricing.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh duh, that''s what hyperlinks are for. Found it, thanks!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''d be surprised if that isn''t exactly the same ring/manufacturer...

KD, I was thinking...if you go with the ring, I''d almost consider adding a written guarantee into the deal...maybe in lieu of bartering for a few extra hundred bucks off of the price. As in, "I''m willing to pay the Dianne''s premium if you will guarantee workmanship/stones falling out etc."

I''d at least have a discussion with him about what the guarantee is. He might be hesitant to guarantee anything waaay into the future, since if that vendor disappears, he''d be hard pressed to honor the guarantee ten+ years down the road, if he can''t find french baguettes.

I would still consider the ring personally if they won''t guarantee if FOREVER, but I would just want to know beforehand what they would stand behind.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy,

I love the band and I think you should get it. Uh OH, I am in big trouble shopping with you two ladies.
6.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Holy Cr@p!!!! wowee your Leon is stunning. I love it. Beautiful!!!!

shay

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''m willing to bet too that the ring Wallermama found at Doyle&Doyle is the same one, don''t you think?

Just curious....was there a big difference in prices?

I know it''s nice to ''support your local jeweler'', but I''d probably go with the less expensive one, particularly if they come with similar guarantees...

Oh, just had a thought...did the price Dianne''s quoted take into account that KD has a teensy tiny finger size?

widget

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Kristy, it''s perfect!!! It''s not too big, yet it''s blingy enough to sparkle...I looove it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Kristy, it''s perfect!!! It''s not too big, yet it''s blingy enough to sparkle...I looove it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh that band is just soooo purty!!!!!! i''m so excited i''ll get to see some new bling when we all get together in sept...lord knows my wallet ain''t buying anything anytime soon!!
39.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
That little french baguette ring is ADORABLE!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

OH NO! Another something on my ever-growing wish list!!!!
39.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys. I can''t say for sure that I''m going to get this because it all depends on DH. He''s pretty knee-jerk against any and all bling purchases right now so it''ll take a bit of convincing. I''ll have to catch him in a good mood! (or use that PS secret weapon -- wine)

Mara....ha. My DH is the same exact way. He fidgets when we''re shopping. Like a 9 year old. If we enter a ladies'' store, the first thing he says is, "where''s the men''s section?" and then beelines for the couch by the fitting rooms. Does Fourtane''s have a "men''s section?" Heehee. That would make my life so much easier.

Widget -- they''re going to give me a price quote for the ring in my size. Let''s hope they play ball.

I really love this shot because it makes my stone look like an aquamarine! Ellen was wearing blue.
9.gif
I''m so craving this band! Maybe I''ll oh-so-casually suggest tonight that we take the whole family over to Union Street this afternoon (where Dianne''s is located) for a little stroll.
11.gif

L1010383a.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I just called Dianne''s and I''m willing to bet money that the ring they carry is the same exact one as what Ellen found at Doyle''s! I asked him for the total carat weight of the band and he said .35 tcw...exactly like the Doyle''s ring! If Dianne''s can''t beat $1800 then I will have to look into this Doyle''s place.

Also, Dianne''s will not guarantee any of their pieces since most of them are antiques. Unfortunately, they won''t guarantee their new pieces either. Weird. In that case, I have no incentive to go with Dianne''s unless they can slash their price significantly below $1800.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Not to mention, no tax with Doyle''s....the only con is shipping it if you need work done rather than driving over to Union St....but the odds of you needing work done are so small. You could ship it back and forth a lot of times and still be ahead, pricewise, when you figure out the tax etc.

I still think a glass or two of red wine, coupled with some eyelash batting and a choice phrase about just "wanting everyone to know I''m married to a great guy like yoooooooooou (bat bat)" might do the trick....

Be creative and say something about people always asking you if you just got engaged
2.gif
..... oh I am so bad.
31.gif

mia15

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been following this thread with interest because despite being an OEC/Emerald cut girl, yours is one of my absolute favorite rings on PS and I just have to say, that band is a winner!

I know what you mean about the channel set band, which I''ve also considered, but I think for some reason it doesn''t photograph as well. But those French-cuts, it''s just the best of all the different elements. I hope it''ll be yours soon!
2.gif

CT026

Rough_Rock
Holy Smokes, it''s absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for posting! They are all so beautiful!!!!
1.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry guys! I wasn''t paying attention and had more than one tab open and posted this to the wrong topic. Sorry about that!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are stunning
30.gif
30.gif
!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: KristyDarling

I can''t say for sure that I''m going to get this because it all depends on DH. He''s pretty knee-jerk against any and all bling purchases right now so it''ll take a bit of convincing. I''ll have to catch him in a good mood!

9.gif
I''m so craving this band!
Soooooo....Kristy....how''s it going with DH''s mood???
2.gif
31.gif

That band so great...there must be some way to get it...even if it means starting a cookie jar fund for it!

widget

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i adore this little band! it''s perfect!
i''ve always had a thing for tiny delicate wedding bands. maybe one day i''ll find one for myself...but i digress. i think you should get it!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo-la-laaaa I love the tiny-itty-bit band. It''s PERFECT!!!!! Still drooling over your beautiful Leon and beautiful hands! It ''s also so great to see new pictures of your ring.

30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results