shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your birthstone? Do you own any birthstone pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
What month were you born? What is your birthstone? Do you own any birthstone pieces? If you don''t like your current birthstone, what do you wish it could be?

All my life, I thought my birthstone was Citrine (November). Then I did a little more research and the original birthstone for November is supposed to be Precious Yellow Topaz. Citrine is merely a more affordable alternative. But even natural Citrine is rare in nature. Most of the Citrine being commercially sold are really heated/treated quartz.
40.gif

My current birthstone pieces are a loose Imperial Topaz, loose Mystic Topaz and a Twillight Fire Topaz RHR.

What about you?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Garnet. I do have a teeny one in a little pin I never wear.

Until I found PS, I had no idea what gorgeous garnets that there were out there! All I knew about was precious stones!

Now I''ll need to get a few!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
April
Diamond
Yes I have a very small diamond ring. Like, so small that it doesn''t look like there is a stone there...
I don''t like white diamonds. I wish I could have September instead. I big puffy heart sapphires. (They are my #3 behind spinel and topaz.)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
March baby with aqua or bloodstone. I never liked aqua because many are gray and washed out. I do own a concave cut pear aqua which I will eventually set as a pendant hanging off a pink tourmaline cut into the shape of a flower. If I do get another aqua, it''ll be an unheated deep blue colour with no gray.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
April - diamond

I have a set of diamond earrings. Diamond is a hard birth stone to have, it''s expensive, and it is the same stone as most people use in an e-ring

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:34:53 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Garnet. I do have a teeny one in a little pin I never wear.

Until I found PS, I had no idea what gorgeous garnets that there were out there! All I knew about was precious stones!

Now I''ll need to get a few!

You are lucky! Garnets come in so many gorgeous colors like Tsavorite, Tanga, Rhodolite, Spessartine and my favorite, the peachy Malaya. Please do get some more so you can post pics!
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:36:20 PM
Author: FrekeChild
April
Diamond
Yes I have a very small diamond ring. Like, so small that it doesn't look like there is a stone there...
I don't like white diamonds. I wish I could have September instead. I big puffy heart sapphires. (They are my #3 behind spinel and topaz.)

Freke, you are one lucky girl! I've always wished the diamond was my birthstone. You know diamonds come in color, right?
11.gif

Speaking of sapphires, my favorite has to be the pad. Such nice salmon/peach color.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m also a March/Aqua-bloodstone. I do have a few aqua''s loose and in a ring and pendant. I really never use to like aqua''s but now I adore them.

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
I am a December baby, so blue topaz.

I had a lovely deep dark london blue topaz ring that people often mistook for a sapphire. Unfortunately it disappeared
7.gif
I recently decided I needed to replace. So.. I have a ring being made by One Garnet Girl on Etsy, she ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a 6x8 emerald cut london blue topaz set in a rose gold bezel on a sterling silver band. I can''t wait to see it!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
My birthstone is an amethyst. I had a YG amethyst ring that my mom gave me a long time ago, but neither of us are sentimentally attached to it, so we''re basically selling it and using the money for something else (my mom wants 2 24 kt gold bands from Korea). I also have an amethyst bracelet, but I rarely wear it because it''s in YG, and I don''t wear bracelets in general.

I wish my birthstone was a diamond too!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love my birthstone - pearls....... And we can''t discuss them on PS but they sure are purty
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:36:26 PM
Author: Chrono
March baby with aqua or bloodstone. I never liked aqua because many are gray and washed out. I do own a concave cut pear aqua which I will eventually set as a pendant hanging off a pink tourmaline cut into the shape of a flower. If I do get another aqua, it''ll be an unheated deep blue colour with no gray.
Ditto. I''m just not a pale blue sort of person. So, I think that this birthstone business is a bunch of hooey to try to sell jewelry.

I''d rather be July. I just LOVE rubies!
30.gif

Heck, I''ll just buy red rubies and forget those pale aquas.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
September - Sapphire. Do I own any? Well yes I do, Pads. HA!!!!! Oh and one Blue.
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May - Emerald. I don''t own any because I just don''t like them. I reallly wish my birthstone was tsavorite instead.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a May Baby. My birthstone is emerald. I have an EC emerald ring, a pair of studs (4mm) and a emerald pendant. I don''t wear them too often but I do like the ring and earrings. The pendant is okay.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh we are supposed to say if we own any. Oooops. Yes. 2 Pad pendants, pair of earrings and 3 rings. Does 2 loose pad stones count??

Linda

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 9:36:26 PM
Author: Chrono
Chrono,
You and I are both aqua babies. I have a large rough crystal aqua, three aqua rings, and some loose stones. I''m all "aqua-ed out" I''m afraid. However I like the idea of an unheated deep blue with no gray!
31.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is peridot. I don''t have any, and I don''t like most of the ones I see. Nothing even remotely olive for me, thank you very much! If I found the right stone/piece, though, I would snap it up.

My older daughter has ruby, which I love. My younger daughter, though, has peridot like me. She was due at the very end of August, and I found myself wishing she''d be just a couple of days late so she could have sapphire for her birthstone. She came right on her due date, though!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
August - Peridot.
I have a couple of pieces. The one I wear most is a peridot and diamong ring my fi gave me.

I don''t like all Peridot, however, when it''s good - it''s gorgeous! I also certainly wouldn''t mind if my birthstone was garnet - love tsavorite! I also like citrine. This being said, having diamond as a birthstone doesn''t sound too shabby either.
28.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is november. I HATE it. A long long time ago I got a daughter''s ring which was dumb because my dad''s bday is also november. It''s pretty fugly. I so wish I had a different birthstone.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
July - ruby, and never liked them.
7.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I''m December which is blue zircon. I hated them until I found out what they are lol! JUNE BABIES: don''t forget, you''re birthstone is also ALEXANDRITE LOL!D (forgive the plug for my absolute favorite stone lol!) Here is my Blue zircon... She''s a HOT mamma lol!

BigTina.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Mochi, I think Aquas are one of the most beautiful gemstones around. Your avatar stone has a nice aquaesque tone. Is that the tourmaline that you bought from ACS?

Laineybugger, my husband is also a December baby. Don''t you just love the different shades of Blue Topaz? I''m sorry to hear about the London Blue Topaz that you lost, but I''m excited that you will be getting a new one! I''ve never seen one in a rose gold bezel before, so that will be stunning! I can''t wait to see it either!

BEG, amethyst is one of my favorite gemstones. I absolutely love the different shades of purple. My favorite shade is the lavender/pinkish-purple shade. I used to wish that I had a cool birthstone like amethyst instead of citrine. So you''re getting two 24k bands from Korea? That sounds awesome! Please post pics when you get them. Oooh, maybe you can reset your amethyst bracelet in rose gold!
31.gif

Akmiss, I am so drawn to pearls. Lucky girl! Pearls are so elegant, timeless and ethereal. Oh, I didn''t realize we can''t discuss them on PS. Okay...all I can say is that I love the colors of the South Sea and Tahitian Pearls. I hope to own a few someday!

FlyGirl, your post made me laugh! I also wish I had the cool birthstones like diamonds, emeralds, pearls, rubies and sapphires. I always envied people I knew that were born in these months. I also love Rubies..my favorite color is red, and rubies have such a deep and rich color. They just have a certain royal mystique to them. If you love Rubies, go get ''em! My birthstone certainly didn''t stop me from buying diamonds.
2.gif

Charmypoo, I''m jealous! You get to have opal AND tourmaline! I love the color varieties in tourmalines, and how sparkly they are! I''ve seen your gemstone collection, and you have some gorgeous tourmalines. By the way, how is your diamond search going?

Linda, I am suuuuper jealous! You get to have sapphire for your birthstone AND the pad, and you own several gorgeous pieces! I have to say, pads are my favorite color in sapphire. They are very special and a true rarity. Can you please post pics of your pad pieces?
31.gif

Catmom and Marcy, I used to wish my birthstone was an emerald when I was younger. Emeralds have such an impressive history in royal crowns and sunken Spanish ships. I know, you can get a tsavorite and just pass them off as top quality emeralds!

Marcy, can you post pics of your emerald pendant and ring?
3.gif

TL, can you please post pics of your aqua pieces, especially the rough?? Purrdy please? And I''d love to see your Legacy Inspired Aqua again! I think you were born in the wrong month. You definitely should have been born in October.
2.gif

Clio, I have a niece and nephew that were also born in August. What gemstone do you actually like? But I totally understand because I was never in love with citrine. I really love the deep red color in Ruby as well. I always wished rubies and diamonds were my birthstones. Maybe your daughter is a true September baby at heart. If you both love sapphires, I say why not??? Get the gemstone that you love!

Sparkalicious, I think peridots are beautiful stones. But I am right there with you with wanting garnets. Even when maroon was the only shade of garnet I knew, I was still drawn to its mysterious red shade. After PS, I discovered the many flavorsof garnet, especially my absolute favorite: the peachy/salmon Malaya. And I also think I am an April baby at heart. I love me some diamonds, especially colored ones!
18.gif

Jjdav, thanks for those links! That''s really interesting. So I may not really be a Scorpio after all, but a Libra. And my husband is not a Sagittarius, but an Ophiuchus. Never heard of that! Hmmm....
face22.gif
Just curious...do you fit the Scorpio characteristics?
2.gif

Hoofbeats, it''s nice to see a fellow November baby. You''re not alone in hating your birthstone. I was never too crazy about citrine either. But guess what? Your true birthstone is Yellow Topaz. So you get to enjoy all of the colors of Topaz!
36.gif
At least that''s what I tell myself...lol...
11.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Mine is pearl. I have lots!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know moonstone was a June birthstone. Cool :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:38:08 AM
Author: platinumrock
Mochi, I think Aquas are one of the most beautiful gemstones around. Your avatar stone has a nice aquaesque tone. Is that the tourmaline that you bought from ACS?

Laineybugger, my husband is also a December baby. Don''t you just love the different shades of Blue Topaz? I''m sorry to hear about the London Blue Topaz that you lost, but I''m excited that you will be getting a new one! I''ve never seen one in a rose gold bezel before, so that will be stunning! I can''t wait to see it either!

BEG, amethyst is one of my favorite gemstones. I absolutely love the different shades of purple. My favorite shade is the lavender/pinkish-purple shade. I used to wish that I had a cool birthstone like amethyst instead of citrine. So you''re getting two 24k bands from Korea? That sounds awesome! Please post pics when you get them. Oooh, maybe you can reset your amethyst bracelet in rose gold!
31.gif

Akmiss, I am so drawn to pearls. Lucky girl! Pearls are so elegant, timeless and ethereal. Oh, I didn''t realize we can''t discuss them on PS. Okay...all I can say is that I love the colors of the South Sea and Tahitian Pearls. I hope to own a few someday!

FlyGirl, your post made me laugh! I also wish I had the cool birthstones like diamonds, emeralds, pearls, rubies and sapphires. I always envied people I knew that were born in these months. I also love Rubies..my favorite color is red, and rubies have such a deep and rich color. They just have a certain royal mystique to them. If you love Rubies, go get ''em! My birthstone certainly didn''t stop me from buying diamonds.
2.gif

Charmypoo, I''m jealous! You get to have opal AND tourmaline! I love the color varieties in tourmalines, and how sparkly they are! I''ve seen your gemstone collection, and you have some gorgeous tourmalines. By the way, how is your diamond search going?

Linda, I am suuuuper jealous! You get to have sapphire for your birthstone AND the pad, and you own several gorgeous pieces! I have to say, pads are my favorite color in sapphire. They are very special and a true rarity. Can you please post pics of your pad pieces?
31.gif

Catmom and Marcy, I used to wish my birthstone was an emerald when I was younger. Emeralds have such an impressive history in royal crowns and sunken Spanish ships. I know, you can get a tsavorite and just pass them off as top quality emeralds!

3.gif

TL, can you please post pics of your aqua pieces, especially the rough?? Purrdy please? And I''d love to see your Legacy Inspired Aqua again! I think you were born in the wrong month. You definitely should have been born in October.
2.gif

Clio, I have a niece and nephew that were also born in August. What gemstone do you actually like? But I totally understand because I was never in love with citrine. I really love the deep red color in Ruby as well. I always wished rubies and diamonds were my birthstones. Maybe your daughter is a true September baby at heart. If you both love sapphires, I say why not??? Get the gemstone that you love!

Sparkalicious, I think peridots are beautiful stones. But I am right there with you with wanting garnets. Even when maroon was the only shade of garnet I knew, I was still drawn to its mysterious red shade. After PS, I discovered the many flavorsof garnet, especially my absolute favorite: the peachy/salmon Malaya. And I also think I am an April baby at heart. I love me some diamonds, especially colored ones!
18.gif

Jjdav, thanks for those links! That''s really interesting. So I may not really be a Scorpio after all, but a Libra. And my husband is not a Sagittarius, but an Ophiuchus. Never heard of that! Hmmm....
face22.gif
2.gif

Hoofbeats, it''s nice to see a fellow November baby. You''re not alone in hating your birthstone. I was never too crazy about citrine either. But guess what? Your true birthstone is Yellow Topaz. So you get to enjoy all of the colors of Topaz!
36.gif
11.gif

PR brilliant! I never even thought about resetting the bracelet into RG - I''m going to look into it!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:38:08 AM
Author: platinumrock

31.gif

2.gif

31.gif

3.gif

2.gif

18.gif

face22.gif
2.gif

36.gif
11.gif

Good question, I''ve never read up on the other signs very much and according to my friends, I do seem to have some of the Scorpio characteristics... What''s really weird is that I have a friend who is also a Scorpio (we were born 2 days apart) but we seem to have almost opposite personalities!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
August - Peridot....I''ve had many different peridot pieces since I was a child...they were inexpensive and easy to wear back then. I have a few rings, earrings and pendants that I wear on occasion. Maddy, onegarnetgirl, has made some awesome peridot and apatite stackers for me and I were them quite a bit.

I mostly look for the pretties that stay in their little boxes now a days.
9.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results