shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your birthstone? Do you own any birthstone pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
platinumrock, that color change garnet is from multicolour.com. That''s also my source for drooling over alexandrites. Hey, my dog''s birthday is in June.
27.gif

ringthing!

Rough_Rock
My birthstone is citrine. I love its color....reminds me of honey. When I was a young girl, I had birthstone rings that I always thought of as topaz. Would this have been imperial or precious topaz? This was back in the sixties. Many years later, as I became enamored of jewelry (rings in particular), I found that November birthstone is now citrine. The reason being: imperial topaz is very expensive and citrine is a more reasonable substitute. Anyway, I would love to once again have a golden topaz ring.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Honey, now you got me thinking about alexandrites. I wish they weren''t so expensive though!
And if your dog''s birthday is in June, then I think it should count.
31.gif

Ringthing
, I''m also a November baby, and I thought citrine was my birthstone all my life. Then I found out that it was originally yellow/imperial topaz, which I absolutely love. YAY!!! I''ve always wished topaz was my birthstone over citrine...they have such gorgeous color choices and fire! Honestly, I''m choosing imperial topaz as my new birthstone because I''m not that crazy about citrine. And most of the citrine sold commercially are treated/heated quartz.
14.gif

If you truly want a golden topaz, go for it! It is your true birthstone, and you should be enjoying it!
36.gif

I currently have a twillight fire topaz for my RHR, and I love it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im a december baby. I have always loved zircons even as a kid.

-A

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
April here! But unfortunately, I don''t have any of my birthstone, Diamond
8.gif
it''s too expensive... Hopefully in the future I''ll own one
21.gif

But I have this yellowish green peridot which I really really love (it has some flashes of red)
9.gif
I wish I was born on August instead lol
2.gif

YGperidot.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m January so Garnet. And I LOVE me some garnet :) I have some loose pieces including some anthill garnet, spessarite, pyrope, rhodolite. And I should be receiving my newly set color change malaya ring any day now! (It changes from a peachy-pink to a golden yellow color, which I think is very neato). I also have a fun vintage garnet ring that has a small red garnet with a halo of rose cut diamonds. So yes, I love my birthstone!

The only downside is that the color I wear most is blue...and guess what color garnets very rarely come in? Blue. And as far as I know, only color changers come in blue
7.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
October baby - so opals and tourmalines for me. Life is good!

I confess that I have never understood the concept of birthstones, though. Some undefined person works up a list of birthstones and I am supposed to buy them? The fact that there are several lists, different gems and changing gems really undermines the concept for me. And when a list includes blue topaz as a "traditional" birthstone, I lose faith. Blue topaz was very rarely used in jewelry before the treated kind appeared on the market.

But if it makes someone happy, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results