shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this SCARINESS in my diamond that I thought I loved?? PIC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I am VERY tempted to tell them to give me my money and run......So I can go to GOG, WF, or BG.

I have agreed to let them send me ONE diamond early next week that sounds promising......however, while it IS a nicer stone...F/SI1, Triple Ex, Great HCA, it comes with a possibility of a $14,000 price tag on TOP of the $22,000 we already spent.

They told me they would send out the ring to my appraiser at no charge. I will inspect it in every lighting possible, and if I decide I LOVE it, then we will try to work out an "agreeable" price.

However, I already know that the "agreeable" price is going to be to the tune of me losing $4K since that is the supposed loss they are taking by reselling the 2.68 I have now.

If I do not like the new stone and/or the price is ridiculous, I will take all of my money back and run for the hills and go to someone that stands behind the items they ship out.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about striking a deal with them whereby if you spend *more* money with them then they will give you the full trade in value? Their average in pocket amount will be less, but you both still come out ahead.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
But I do think it is silly to spend an extra $14k to get out of the deal. Then you have "lost" $18k from where you started! I would rather take the $18k from them and go somewhere else and get better value and service.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
^^^Nope, that was my thought too.......they will not do it. I already told them I understand to go up in clarity to an SI1, I will have to spend an additional $5-8 thousand....maybe even $10k for a triple Ex. with a great HCA.

They will NOT do it even though I offered to spend another $10k!!!!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just read this thread and I'm steaming.
+1000 to Paul's comments.

It's possible the cutter has not yet been paid.
Even if they have, and there's been a "Mazal"- this is a reasonable business, if anything. Mazals get broken all the time. If you do it all the time a dealer gets a bad rep- but if it's occasional, it's going to be tolerated.
A cutter who is completely rigid won't survive- compromises must be made.
I wish there was some way any of this could help you- but I totally agree that you deserve a full refund for the diamond at least, or an exchange at exactly what you paid, at the very least.

Have you even mentioned to them that you've been getting advice on a public ( very public) forum and protecting their identity?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cut your losses. If you work with them again then you are tied to their poor customer service. If you take your money and go elsewhere then you get more value for your money in the upgrade and buyback policies and generally better service. WHo knows, what if you do not like the new stone for some reason? It is possible.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 9:18:02 PM
Author: kristie
Yes, I am VERY tempted to tell them to give me my money and run......So I can go to GOG, WF, or BG.

I have agreed to let them send me ONE diamond early next week that sounds promising......however, while it IS a nicer stone...F/SI1, Triple Ex, Great HCA, it comes with a possibility of a $14,000 price tag on TOP of the $22,000 we already spent.
so,$36K for a 2.52ct F SI1 stone?

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you David. This vendor REFUSES to go back on the "mazal." Absolutely blatantly refuses......they are acting like they are doing me a huge favor and "working with me" and "helping me" in every way and they are NOT, clearly. Especially since I said I would be paying MORE to get better quality!

It is very interesting that VERY highly respected diamond industry experts all agree with my school of thought.

Now where is Garry......I would love to hear what he has to say as well.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I just read the whole thread. I''m so sorry, what a way to burst your bubble. Blech! I hope it gets resolved soon and you have a beautiful diamond on your hand that you love to look at
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like the know they have a crap stone on their hands and are afraid to take it back because they might not be able to sell it easily again. This is such a horrible situation you''re in, I''m so so sorry. Would you consider upping the ante so to speak and dropping PS/your defense of the vendor into the conversation?

kristie

Shiny_Rock
My original 2.68 was $22,800 out of pocket with a simple mounting.

The price difference they are asking for the 2.52 is an additional $12,937.....EDIT the first time I wrote $13,937 by mistake.

BUT, they will not give me back my $22,800 towards the 2.52....only about $18,500 towards it.

So the actual total for the 2.52 would be $31,937-ish and a $4300 loss from my original diamond....

I am awful at math....I hope that is right....all I know is one thing is for sure and that is I am losing about $4k!

UPDATE:
They said they will give me $18,600 back to just go away and go somewhere else.

$22,800-$18,600 is still a $4,200 loss to me!!!

$35,737 for the new ring altogether when you include my "fee" for not liking the diamond.

I am so mad......every hour that goes by, I get more upset.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 10:01:26 PM

The price difference they are asking for the 2.52 is an additional $13,937.....

BUT, they will not give me back my $22,800 towards the 2.52....only about $18,500 towards it.

So the actual total for the 2.52 would be $31,937-ish.
Not a bad out of pocket amount, but I would still go elsewhere. They don''t deserve your money based on how they have acted.

You need to send a link to this thread and tell them that you will reveal their name however they plan to act -- if they step up and do right, they get good press, if they act poorly then they get bad press. This is a lot of money. Play hard ball.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
I would LOVE that BG stone!!! We shall see how this all works out.....I decided I am not going to lie down.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 10:03:57 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

So the actual total for the 2.52 would be $31,937-ish.
Not a bad out of pocket amount, but I would still go elsewhere. They don''t deserve your money based on how they have acted.

You need to send a link to this thread and tell them that you will reveal their name however they plan to act -- if they step up and do right, they get good press, if they act poorly then they get bad press. This is a lot of money. Play hard ball.
Ditto. Regardless of what their actual policy states, this is crap. Bad customer service plain and simple. And THAT says a lot about a company.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So the actual total for the 2.52 would be $31,937-ish and a $4300 loss from my original diamond....

I am awful at math....I hope that is right....all I know is one thing is for sure and that is I am losing $4k!
why do you still wanna do business with him? why throw him more $$$''s ?
33.gif
$36K for the 2.52 ct is too high.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 10:10:34 PM
I would LOVE that BG stone!!! We shall see how this all works out.....I decided I am not going to lie down.
36.gif
36.gif

kristie

Shiny_Rock
To answer the question.....Yes, my "new" diamond would be right about $35,737 out of pocket TOTAL. The EXACT diamond is listed at around $31k by PS vendors
29.gif

For that kind of rip off, I might as well go to the MALL and get ripped off.......or hell, just to Tiffany!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So now that you're worked up- don't get tooooo worked up.
Use the knowledge you now possess to leverage yourself.
You will get more honey if you give them sugar instead of bees- or however the saying goes.
Use a soft, but strong approach.
After looking at how restrained you've been, it's clear you will not be trying to do anything malicious.
But I'd bet there's a whole lot of people- in the thousands probably- who would love to know the name of the offending party.
Your word is your bond- you have no obligation to anyone to reveal the name- on the other hand, there's nothing at all preventing you from doing so.
That's worth something if entered into a conversation in the right way....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can reveal their name.
You have power.

You are a good person and would never harm them - unless it is in self defense.

You can keep quiet.
The price of your silence just happens to be $4200.
My, what a coincidence.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Don''t throw good money after bad! What have they done to earn more of your money - provide you with great service or great diamonds? Don''t do it!!!

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks David......I sent a very firm but polite email outlining the issues and I offered numerous scenarios that are fair to both parties involved.

I did mention this thread and the fact that it has almost 3,000 views. I also said that I am not out to ruin lives or tarnish reputations, I only want what is right, fair, just, and moral. I also mentioned the fact that I do have the right to do a credit card dispute; however, I made it clear that it really was a lot easier to NOT have to do that.

Now, the waiting begins......I will sit like that gray kitty in the window with the sniper rifle in my avatar....just waiting....inhale...exhale.....

Cara...ITA, I also said in the email that I really do not care to conduct any further business with them.

Kenny....LMAO!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 11:03:37 PM
Author: kenny
You have power.
You can reveal their name.

You are a good person and would never harm them - unless it is in self defense.

You can keep quiet.
The price of your silence just happens to be $4200.

Oh what coincidence.
yeah, we''ll keep our mouth shut. we are not gonna tell anybody.
9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Kristie! Please keep us updated.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck--let us know what they say. I still dont understand why they couldnt go back to the cutter and say sorry its a no go--lets un-mazel this one. And find you another stone. How hard would that be?

kristie

Shiny_Rock
^^^Trust me......I have beat it to death like a proverbial dead horse.......they REFUSE to go back on the mazal. They send it would be the END of their relationship with that cutter/dealer.....and then that cutter would tell EVERYONE else that they went back on the mazal of ONE diamond and it would be the end of their business......seriously, I am not making this up.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 11:40:31 PM
^^^Trust me......I have beat it to death like a proverbial dead horse.......they REFUSE to go back on the mazal. They send it would be the END of their relationship with that cutter/dealer.....and then that cutter would tell EVERYONE else that they went back on the mazal of ONE diamond and it would be the end of their business......seriously, I am not making this up.

I know --sorry to be beat that dead horse--i cant get my head around it --! As I am sure you cant either! We are pulling for you!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I think I might lose my mind if you even consider dealing with this vendor on a replacement ring. Please take your money and leave them with their KARMA! You can even thank them for the refund and that you hope they don''t suffer as much from their Company Karma.

It always makes me feel better knowing that I can trust the Universe to balance itself. It''s okay that I''m not there to bear witness to the Karma. Have faith and take that $$$ to a PS vendor. Get the return AND upgrade policy in writing before doing any business, even with PS vendors.

I had to eat $3500 from my inexperience in dealing with interior designers and I naively paid up front. Dumb, dumb, dumb...... Sometimes lessons hurt, but remember, hurt me once shame on you...hurt me twice...shame on me.

Don''t let them profit further from you.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Karma is right......
I have made up my mind for sure to NOT do an exchange.

I have ZERO problem releasing the company''s name if this is not handled in the appropriate manner.

The email I sent was a VERY fair and amicable solution to this situation.....so I am just waiting now....

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 1:29:38 PM

Did I mention that they NEVER GAVE ME THE GIA REPORT ON IT???????

did you get this yet?
maybe its not even an SI2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results