shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this SCARINESS in my diamond that I thought I loved?? PIC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Did you ask them about their return policy before buying the stone?

kristie

Shiny_Rock
It is actually the OWNER of the company that is telling me this. I literally have had the diamond on my hand for a few days.
I was STUPID and trusted the vendor without specifically asking what the return policy was.
29.gif

Chase035

Shiny_Rock
This goes beyond return policies. When you have a customer THAT dissatisfied, you accept the return, no questions asked. To do anything less is poor business practice. Try to justify that response in an MBA level CRM course. They''d get torn to shreads.

Chase035

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 5:57:36 PM
Author: kristie
It is actually the OWNER of the company that is telling me this. I literally have had the diamond on my hand for a few days.
I was STUPID and trusted the vendor without specifically asking what the return policy was.
29.gif
Please provide the name of the company for the sake of us price scopers who are actively engaged in the buying process at this time. I wiould not want to go near this company for the life of me after hearing all this.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Chase- It''s NEVER wise to make a large purchase without asking about returns. Especially in this case as vendor didn''t have this stone in house. Poor business practice or not, as the policy on returns was never specified, they''re not obligated to return her money. This happens all the time.

Krisitie, I totally understand where you''re coming from and hope whoever this vendor is, works with you.

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
Having been screwed over by other online vendors before I definitely feel your pain. I would expose them to the public if they aren't willing to work with you. Good luck.

Chase035

Shiny_Rock
Of course, but the fact that she didn''t ask doesn''t dignify their response. With the right approach on her part, they WILL accept a FULL return. They have WAY more to lose than the difference between what she paid and what they can resell it for. They average disappointed customer tells 20 people, who each pass along this tidbit to 10 more the next time they hear that company recommended. She has all the bargaining power in the world if she is dealing with a half-rational manager/owner.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Chase- I don''t disagree with you, but the reality is there''s thousands of companies that work this way. They''re also still in business. At this point, Kristie has to hope they care enough to offer a full refund.

Who is this company???

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Kristie -

I am SO sorry for your frustration. I did a search based on your specs and if the same stone it is in fact still listed as Masie stated. Even if the return period has elapsed, I hope that you and the vendor can reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Stay positive!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 6:59:07 PM
Author: Collee
Kristie -

I am SO sorry for your frustration. I did a search based on your specs and if the same stone it is in fact still listed as Masie stated. Even if the return period has elapsed, I hope that you and the vendor can reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Stay positive!

Hi Collee, it was actually MC who said the diamond was still showing in the inventory. I wasn''t clever enough to think about checking that.
9.gif

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Kristie, I''m so sorry to read all this. If you did purchse the stone on Feb 10th, it''s only been 13 days. A purchase this big should''ve came with at least a 14-day return policy. Please let us know the vendor is so that we can scratch them off our list of possible companies to buy from.

I would understand the return policy more if the company told you that the time frame for returns has passed but to add the other details about having to sell your stone first, etc, is poor business practice. Especially during a time when a customer is this upset.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Kristie, I don''t have much to add but that I''m sorry this is happening.

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 7:10:37 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 2/23/2010 6:59:07 PM
Author: Collee
Kristie -

Hi Collee, it was actually MC who said the diamond was still showing in the inventory. I wasn''t clever enough to think about checking that.
9.gif
Oops. Thanks! The adoreable kittens confused me. LOL!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my guess would be Abazias of the three vendors listed. Anxiously waiting, hoping you get a better outcome. That is truly ridiculous.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Hi all...sorry, I was at a basketball game the last few hours.

The vendor is NOT one of the ones listed on Pricescope as having the diamond in stock....please do not jump to conclusions that it is one of them. A lot of jewelers have access to the exact same diamonds that show up on PS. It is NOT a PS "recommended" vendor....but it is someone who is supposedly highly respected in the industry.

I realize that I am partially to blame for this by not asking about a specific return policy, but this company point blank said that THEY WILL NOT LOSE A DIME OUT OF THEIR POCKET to find me another stone.

They have NO issue finding me another stone; HOWEVER, they will only give me TRADE IN VALUE of this 2.68 which is $4000 LESS than I paid originally. They matched the PS price on it.

Absolutely ridiculous....I am so livid, I cannot find words.....and I am being made to feel like it is MY FAULT I am not happy with it.

Additionally, until I get either a trade or partial refund I really do not want to "stir the pot" by outing the vendor on a public forum KWIM?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Kirstie

I just read your full post. This is awful.

I really hope the vendor comes to realize that if this isn''t resolved they stand to lose a lot of business. I hope they are aware of this thread and know that we will all vote with our feet (not sure if this is a UK only expression ie GO ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!)

Good luck my dear, we are all on your side!!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Kristie, I''m so sorry to hear the outcome so far. That seems really unreasonable. Keep pestering them, but be super nice (but firm) as long as you possibly can be. (As a manager I know I tend to be a lot more likely to bend rules and/or go really above and beyond for people who are polite to me.) You can always bring out the big guns and drop the "nice" later if you have to
2.gif
Good luck. What a horrible experience
15.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like so many others, I do not understand this vendor. Of course, he works from a different perspective, but still.

Considering that this is a stone virtually listed, he called in the stone from a wholesaler, and was able to close the sale with you. If I read your posts correctly, you had it sent to an independent appraiser, then decided to actually buy it, and felt bad about it one day later. You posted about it here on the 22nd, so did you actually finalize the sale on the 21st?

After you confirming the purchase, the vendor probably confirmed the sale with the wholesaler. Normally, in our business, a word is a word, and it reflects badly upon you if one has to retract a sale. But in reality, these things happen more and more often, and most wholesalers are not retarded either. Especially, considering the timeline (if correctly assumed), I would be surprised if the vendor already paid the wholesaler, and at that time, it is not that difficult for him to cancel the sale with the wholesaler, and just return the stone. Granted, he might suffer limited reputation-loss, but nothing dramatic.

All in all, even with that perspective, I do not understand the vendor. If he were only half-smart, he would accept your return for store-credit. Since he price-matched while selling to you, he can now make up for that by selling you whatever at a non-reduced margin. His reaction just does not make sense.

One question though: In Europe, when buying something sight-unseen, consumers have the automatic legal protection of a certain return-period. Does something similar exist in the US?

Live long,

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Paul-
Based on Kristies previous thread, I think the diamond was purchased around the 10th. Could be totally wrong though.

I think we do have consumer protection laws but not sure how they''d work in this case as the stone was not misrepresented.

Kristie, if the company still flat out refuses to give you a total refund, are you willing to do an exchange?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
The stone was set into a mounting. Could that be the problem? They dont want something back that they havent set themselves?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 2:25:27 AM

The vendor is NOT one of the ones listed on Pricescope as having the diamond in stock....please do not jump to conclusions that it is one of them. A lot of jewelers have access to the exact same diamonds that show up on PS. It is NOT a PS ''recommended'' vendor....but it is someone who is supposedly highly respected in the industry.

I realize that I am partially to blame for this by not asking about a specific return policy, but this company point blank said that THEY WILL NOT LOSE A DIME OUT OF THEIR POCKET to find me another stone.

They have NO issue finding me another stone; HOWEVER, they will only give me TRADE IN VALUE of this 2.68 which is $4000 LESS than I paid originally. They matched the PS price on it.

Absolutely ridiculous....I am so livid, I cannot find words.....and I am being made to feel like it is MY FAULT I am not happy with it.

Additionally, until I get either a trade or partial refund I really do not want to ''stir the pot'' by outing the vendor on a public forum KWIM?
That''s ridiculous. Why? Why won''t they at least let you exchange it using the full amount you paid as credit towards another stone?!

sodenc

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:25:27 AM

The vendor is NOT one of the ones listed on Pricescope as having the diamond in stock....please do not jump to conclusions that it is one of them. A lot of jewelers have access to the exact same diamonds that show up on PS. It is NOT a PS ''recommended'' vendor....but it is someone who is supposedly highly respected in the industry.

Additionally, until I get either a trade or partial refund I really do not want to ''stir the pot'' by outing the vendor on a public forum KWIM?
It may be somewhat drastic at this point in time, but given that there is a difference of at least $4000 at stake, if is not ridicously too far and not too costly, I would seriously consider getting on a plane and going to the vendors place of business with your diamond in hand. Let them see first hand exactly what you are talking about. Yes, it is a an inconvenience, but it seems like they have already run you through the ringer. It may make no difference, but at this point, what do you have to lose besides another few hundred dollars? I would want to know that I did all that I possibly could to resolve this, especially since it seems like those avenues tried thus far don''t seem to be working.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I know i might be far off the track...

But in the event that you have to keep the diamond, is there a way that it could be clarity enhanced to mask these imperfections? I know it might be more money out of your pocket, but could be an alternative option as no one could ever affordt trading in a diamond and loose $4,000!

bsar2008

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have never had to do this, but you mentioned you had credit card fees. Could you do a chargeback? I apologize if it''s not even something that can be done, because I don''t have any experience with that at all...but it was just something that came to mind.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
again, I wonder if there is more to the return policy--i.e. once its set it cant be returned. i know there are often concerns about something that happens during setting that might affect the grading and now maybe they cant return it to their supplier?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 8:00:22 AM
Author: elle_chris
I think we do have consumer protection laws but not sure how they''d work in this case as the stone was not misrepresented.

Kristie, if the company still flat out refuses to give you a total refund, are you willing to do an exchange?
This post should remind us that it''s our responsibility to read the fine print (return policy). Not to say you''re in the wrong, Kristie. It''s just that it''s part of "buyer beware" when making a substantial purchase!

Sorry I had the data base info mixed up. Hopefully you get this problem resolved.

sdevante

Rough_Rock
I also am curious as to the exact language of the return policy, but I understand why OP does not yet want to reveal the vendor. Another option may be small claims court; maybe see you on Judge Judy, depending on the fine print as noted above.

Sorry to hear about the way it's unfolding; hopefully they get their act together soon.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Well, I have been in contact with them via email and they refuse to budge. They found me a nicer 2.52 F/SI1 but I will have to pay them $14,000 MORE!!!!!

They REFUSE to do an even exchange and are taking $4000 from me as the "trade in." I paid around $22,000 for it and they will only give me back $18,000 if I want to walk away. Same goes for a trade in......I only get $18,000 towards the trade.

THEY were the ones that mounted the stone so it has nothing to do with that.

The excuse for the "no return" is that he ordered it from an outside vendor/cutter and he told the vendor/cutter he had it sold. They "shook" on it so he says a deal is a deal and I CANNOT go back on it because that particular vendor would never ever sell to him again if he did this.

Did I mention that they NEVER GAVE ME THE GIA REPORT ON IT???????

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Why wont they just let you have the full credit...that part makes no sense?

kristie

Shiny_Rock
^^^^Because they said they will NOT LOSE A DIME OUT OF THEIR POCKET on this. Obviously, they paid the cutter LESS than I paid for it.....if they were to resell it for that price to another cutter, technically they would lose that difference KWIM?

They have a B&M store, why can''t they just SELL it for what I paid for it????

This is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results