shape
carat
color
clarity

What gifts are you buying people this Christmas?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought that sounded like you @mrs-b!

Exactly like me, as it turns out, @MamaBee. My post with those words in it is 9 posts above it. It's the entire final paragraph.
And that's fine - but it's just a bit unnerving to see yourself quoted with no indication that it's not the poster's words.

I'm sure it won't happen again. :))

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I mentioned to my husband that I’ve been wanting a luxury watch. Apparently he decided that he needed one so his Rolex arrives tomorrow and I will be wrapping it for Christmas. I have no reason to be bitter but I totally am. Like super irritated bitter. He totally deserves it though and Im trying hard to fake that I’m excited for him.
:(2

I hope you get the watch you’d like, too @Mjay ! Otherwise, tell you hubby to wrap his own Christmas gift :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mentioned to my husband that I’ve been wanting a luxury watch. Apparently he decided that he needed one so his Rolex arrives tomorrow and I will be wrapping it for Christmas. I have no reason to be bitter but I totally am. Like super irritated bitter. He totally deserves it though and Im trying hard to fake that I’m excited for him. Fingers crossed he doesn’t lose it. He lost his Apple Watch and has lost 2 wedding bands.

Oh no. No no no no. This one deserves what we call in this household 'an executive discussion'.

If not the watch of your dreams, @Mjay, I hope he has something fabulous for you.

Either way, make sure he gets his watch insured. And *that* part, he can pay for himself.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally make edible gifts, however, I CBA this year due to a number of reasons.

Instead, for the close friends, I bought tree ornaments from a local glass artists when she had them on offer at 5.00 GBP each.

I bought a few for myself too.

DK :))

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
:(2

I hope you get the watch you’d like, too @Mjay ! Otherwise, tell you hubby to wrap his own Christmas gift :lol:

Thank you! I’ll get it eventually. He hardly ever buys anything nice for himself and totally deserves it but it was a random impulsive decision. I’ve been talking about getting a luxury watch for about 6 months now so it just rubbed me the wrong way.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been talking about getting a luxury watch for about 6 months now so it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Ummm...you just bought and set a gorgeous 3.6 ct diamond. And you're feeling irritated at your husband for not buying you a luxury watch for Christmas?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Tonks! :wavey:

I looked up the Erica's Originals, and they're fabulous! I might get one for my friend, David (Eleanor's dad).

Re watches, I bought DH a watch for our wedding and have upgraded it twice since then. He currently wears an Ebel watch with rose gold detail, and he loves it. I doubt I'll ever be able to get him to switch. Nor do I want him to, really; it looks wonderful on him.

The Tiffany bean necklace is a genuinely fabulous gift! I've wanted the bracelet in silver forever but have just never gotten around to getting it! Maybe one day. :))

As for the party outfit idea, *before* they stop growing is actually the best time to do it, because that's when they're bound to have "nothing that fits, Moooom!" from year to year. So that outfit (which always comes with shoes - and even a bag, if necessary - has come through in a pinch for us on multiple occasions! After they stop growing, the outfits can stockpile a bit, so I've eased back a trifle. But Eleanor is a clothes horse and loves fashion, so she always loves getting new things.

Here's a photo of Eleanor in her Christmas party outfit from 2020, which she wore to her 21st in early 2022. As I recall, there was also a very nice pair of Stuart Weitzman sandals that went with that outfit. As for the girl herself, I can't even imagine what it must be like to be that beautiful. <3

(...and Merry Christmas, Tonks!)

20220304_173933.jpg

My goodness @mrs-b...the outfit is divine, but the girl in it is beyond stunning :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results