shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you have simmering?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
te:[/b] 3/9/2009 2:28:39 PM
The spinel will be set as a ring, but it''s so new that I don''t have a design for it. The earrings will have a round tsavorite, followed by marquise diamonds set at different angles, and will end with a cushion tsavorite.

Are yours rambunctious? Are they related? Do they have distinct personalities? I could talk about dogs forever... [/quote]

those earrings sound amazing! how wonderful! do you have a time frame on them? are they already in the pipeline or are they a future project? wil look forward to seeing pics one day, either way :)

the dogs are...assertive. lol a photo of one is in my avatar - as you can see, he doesnt like being left out of *any* thing! they have VERY distinct personalities; by all means, harriet, start a thread in the pricescope cafe, and i''ll chat dogs with you ad infinitum!! (and i mean - really!!)

i appreciate my jewelry - but i love my dogs.

:)

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
sorry harriet - the quote didnt seem to ''take''

the first part of my last post is yours - the second part is mine.

sorry about that!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My tsavorites are already with Leon. They will be the next project after my spessartite.

If we use Hangout, we''ll look like two weird dog ladies. Keep an eye on Who''s Who...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ, that''s one heck of a project! I''d heard you reference it, but I never bothered to track down all the pieces and posts before. Wow!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy, you''re the queen at matching old stones! One day when I''m old and grey and can afford them, I''m going to try to convince you to match up some huge earrings for me. You are just too good!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 12:14:04 PM
Author: whitby_2773
Date: 3/9/2009 12:03:28 PM

Author: geckodani

Thanks upgradable.
5.gif
You made me feel better! In that case... I think I shall now go through every single etsy designer I can find until I find the right person! Any suggestions?

absolutely! here''s something by chris ploof - who will happily work in silver (this piece was custom made in silver and is the sort of thing which could incorporate your stones) chris is a great respecter of silver, and i love his custom work.

That''s pretty! I love Chris Ploof''s work! I stumbled across him a few years ago and my DH has a beautiful ring by him. Was this on his site?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 1:32:15 PM

hi coati - by all means, join in :)

do you have any photos of what you''re planning? i''ve heard talk of your three stone ring - i''d love to see your ideas. i''m planning one myself (see above) and would love any ideas you might have.

paeony suggested this CM ring, and I''d love something like this, but more delicate and with millgrain on the bezels. This would be for 3 oec. 5mm, 5.6mm, 5mm.

CM127tri1111.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
yes! his stuff is fabulous, isnt it? and he''s such a nice guy!

and harriet* -

i just had a Very Big Chat about myself over at who''s who, and posted a zillion pictures! i hope this wasnt overkill, but i''m afraid it mighta been, so please be patient!

:)

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 12:58:50 PM
Author: paeony

Date: 3/9/2009 10:54:34 AM
Author: arjunajane
Ok I''ll bite!
Fun idea for a thread up ! Will we put updates and progress reports on our projects in here?
I have a number of smaller, non-precious gem things going on in the etsy thread - but in more important matters......
I''m sure you guys have seen this around, but what the heck
3.gif

This 3.1ct 8.5mm umbalite garnet, cut by Gene at Precision Gem, is currently in JM''s capable hands waiting to be set into it''s pretty home
9.gif

I do have a bunch more stuff in both diamonds and CS that will happen eventually, but this is my most immediate and exciting project
5.gif
Ugh!! I cannot wait for you to get this ring AJ!!!!!

WAAAAAAYYYY down the pipeline, I''m dying to get a stone similar to AJs (love those raspberry Umb.) set in this (but two tone-- either green gold on white or white on green)-- Haha-- it''ll be so long before I get this done, but I''ve already given JM the heads up
3.gif
:

I LOVE this mount. Is that a JM?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 4:28:45 PM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 3/9/2009 1:32:15 PM

hi coati - by all means, join in :)

do you have any photos of what you''re planning? i''ve heard talk of your three stone ring - i''d love to see your ideas. i''m planning one myself (see above) and would love any ideas you might have.

paeony suggested this CM ring, and I''d love something like this, but more delicate and with millgrain on the bezels. This would be for 3 oec. 5mm, 5.6mm, 5mm.

Coati, i''ve been going back and forth re a 3 stone ring for my 1.12 trans (i think) cut - a gorgeous, lively stone which deserves a suitable setting. i want to protect the stones, but have been concerned about the milgrain bezel set stones being too chunky. i think you and i have similar taste - so can you pls give me your thoughts on this?

thanks!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
...but then again, this SS ring stole my heart awhile ago! 3 stone settings are tough!

ss3stonering66000a.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 4:32:23 PM

Coati, i''ve been going back and forth re a 3 stone ring for my 1.12 trans (i think) cut - a gorgeous, lively stone which deserves a suitable setting. i want to protect the stones, but have been concerned about the milgrain bezel set stones being too chunky. i think you and i have similar taste - so can you pls give me your thoughts on this?

thanks!

I''m going through the same dilemma! I want to protect the stones, because they have extremely thin girdles, but I don''t want it to look clunky--and yet, I want it to look substantial. Tall order, eh? I wondered about setting the center stone in a bezel, and then setting the side stones with prongs, but I can''t find anything that fits that bill either. I think really delicate bezels is the answer. What do you think??

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:12:04 PM
Author: geckodani
Coati - which Etsy vendors are you using, if I may ask?

Chenry is coming up with an idea for my earring stones right now. I am waiting to see her prototype.

The vendor that I was chatting with about my aqua can''t make it--just found out, so I have to look elsewhere for that.

But I''ve recently had good luck with small yg purchases from esdesigns and stamp. They''re just great!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I love you guys!! You are all as conflicted as I!!!!

Addy, why are you waiting until you are old and grey? I waited, and our 401k lost 28% this last year!

Carpe diem, sweetie!!!!!!! Or carpe diam would be more appropriate!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 4:33:10 PM
...but then again, this SS ring stole my heart awhile ago! 3 stone settings are tough!
I love this Coats.
30.gif
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, just get them both! I hate that about jewellery, so many designs, too little time...and money.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''d get the SS if it came with those stones!! Hubba hubby! Of course, the ctw of that baby is at least six carats!
18.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 4:42:20 PM
Author: Upgradable
I love you guys!! You are all as conflicted as I!!!!

Addy, why are you waiting until you are old and grey? I waited, and our 401k lost 28% this last year!

Carpe diem, sweetie!!!!!!! Or carpe diam would be more appropriate!

Always a money thing, I''m afraid! I have a pair of roughly .66 carat OEC earrings, but I really want .66 each. I haven''t even had these for 1.5 years yet! One day though, one day...

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 5:01:32 PM
Author: Skippy123

I love this Coats.
30.gif
30.gif

ahhh-isn''t it dreamy?
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 6:11:04 PM
Author: Addy

Ah, just get them both! I hate that about jewellery, so many designs, too little time...and money.

GAH! If only I could! Get the SS one with their stones, and the CM with mine! And you can say that again...so many designs...and not enough scratch.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 6:50:13 PM

Date: 3/9/2009 6:11:04 PM
Author: Addy

GAH! If only I could! Get the SS one with their stones, and the CM with mine! And you can say that again...so many designs...and not enough scratch.
Oh, you can always go into debt! It''s harder to grow more fingers!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 6:48:53 PM

Date: 3/9/2009 5:01:32 PM
Author: Skippy123

I love this Coats.
30.gif
30.gif

ahhh-isn''t it dreamy?
1.gif
totally!!!!
30.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Can I play? I just bought a sapphire from Wink cut by Richard Homer. I don''t have it yet, but when I do I will send it to James Meyer. I also just bought a Malaya garnet from Gene at precisiongem. It''s cut in a "French button" cut and I think looks really cool. I have NO idea how to set it except I think I''d like white gold. I''ll have to post a pic of it when I receive it and maybe I can get some ideas from all you clever people.
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
coati -

i''m with you on wanting to protect the bezel! what do you think of *this* sort of arrangement but with 3 round cuts?

http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/Sapphire-Lunar-Elegance-Ring.htm

i was thinking of a shared bezel, or even like the one above, an open bezel. i dont think having no bezel between the center stone and the one on either side would compromise the stones - what do you think?

i LOVE the three stone link you posted; i''m struggling - and i do mean struggling - to resist *this:

http://www.vonbargens.com/catalog/detail.php?product=3419&category=1385

if you bring up that link and scroll through the extra pictures that come up with you enlarge it, you''ll see what i mean - the workmanship is amazing!

my other option is simply to swap out the golden sapphire in my new three stone ring for a diamond, but then we''re starting to talk *really* big bucks!

the photo was taken about 10 minutes ago, having just returned from the very full on black tie dinner i attended with tim. i''m wearing my bezel set diamond flower ring. i''m thinking about converting that to an earring (shepherds hook) and having another one made to match. i broke that to tim this evening and i think he mentally threw his hands in the air!

:D

march 9 a.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Whitby, you''re as obsessed as I am.
9.gif
Btw, you still haven''t answered my Aussie questions.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Gecko, Whitby, Paeony, Coati and of course Addy - trust me, no one is more excited to see this than I!
But I am quietly leaving JM to work his magic...

You know me, I promise a whole bunch of pics when it''s finally here
5.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say....... Whitby, you look gorgeous!!

I wish I could see the pretty sparkly dress you are wearing. Did you have a good time?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 12:06:14 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 3/9/2009 10:56:45 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Harriet:

Come play over here. We''re all posting pics of our furkids!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/furry-babies.107133/

LS
Hi, Hi,
How are you?
I''m away and don''t have digital pictures of Things 1 and 2 aka the Thungs.
Hello Harriet
Thank you for asking. I''m doing ok. It is now 7 weeks post-op and I''m feeling less fragile than before. I started going back to work on Friday for a few hours...but the ole'' brain isn''t quite up to speed yet. So I''m going in every couple of days for 3-4 hours and then home to nap. Things are healing nicely but it is still quite early.

Things 1 and 2 "the Thungs"? or do you mean "the Thugs?" Mine (Robbie & ToTo are "the Hooligans!). I LOVE my dogs.

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results