shape
carat
color
clarity

What do our friends from the other side of the pond think about Megan Markle, and what kind of ring

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Queens favourite gemstone is reportedly aquamarines

collier

Shiny_Rock
Its is lovely, and looks just like my moms (2ct cushion small rounds on the side). Kate's ring isn't 18ct it is 18k, it is an old mistake that keeps coming back.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will she get a tiara? Would the queen give her one, or just loan her one? I don't know about the formalities with that. I can't wait to see her in one though. Who wouldn't want to wear a tiara!

She will undoubtedly get a tiara at some point, but I do not know if she will wear one at her wedding to Prince Harry as I do not know what the wedding will be like. To some extent it may depend on what her previous marriage was, that is whether she had a religious ceremony that The Church of England is obliged to recognize. I never looked into this. The Princess Royal had to go to Scotland in order to have a church wedding for her second marriage because she couldn't remarry in The Church of England. Ms. Markle would not wear a tiara in a civil ceremony.

AGBF

Last edited:

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
I adore her ring and the royal family in general. I'm from the US though and not from the other side of the pond ;)2

Does anyone else watch The Crown on Netflix? I'll admit we started to watch it merely for corgis (yes, corgi parents here) but I adore the series and the whole back story aside from corgis (which rarely appear).

Fun facts: I'm marrying a Spencer (probably not related) and my middle name is Elizabeth (definitely not related).. but I can feel connected if I want to, right? :lol-2:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing them all the best (of course, who wouldn't), and the ring looks lovely on her.

I thought I read something about the wedding; where it would likely take place, and that the Queen, as Head of the Church of England would (probably?) not attend due to Markle being divorced, but would (most likely?) host a reception following the wedding.

Sorry for the fuzzy details. Not a dedicated royal watcher, however, I do feel love and respect for the Queen.
I'm glad she's immortal and will live forever. It would be heartbreaking if she were to pass.

A Canuk waving from across the pond. :wavey:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She will wear a crown or tiara on her wedding day.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re colored engagement rings...IIRC Camilla's and Countess Sophie rings are all white diamonds. Fergie's was a ruby with white diamond halo. I heard that rubies are bad luck for royalty engagement rings. I think the most recent danish wedding ring was a diamond center with two red side stones to resemble the Danish flag...or something like that.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have read the Queen will attend. I believe her first marriage was on a beach, so the Catholic church, for instance, wouldn't recongize it as a true marriage and she would be allowed to remarry in the church in a mass. Not sure about the church of england, but it could be the same.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have read the Queen will attend. I believe her first marriage was on a beach, so the Catholic church, for instance, wouldn't recongize it as a true marriage and she would be allowed to remarry in the church in a mass. Not sure about the church of england, but it could be the same.

Good. I'm glad to hear that. =)2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Royal Family is able to treat Ms. Markle's first marriage as if it never happened, which is excellent for why they exist: to be colorful and to draw tourists. Had she broken up a marriage or had she, not Harry, been the member of the Royal Family, they could never have pulled off a white wedding in The Church of England for someone who was being remarried, no matter what the circumstances of her first marriage! But her first marriage had no scandal attached to it; the ceremony was, it seems, Jewish; there were no children; she is not a Royal remarrying; and she is still (relatively) young. So she is getting married with a gown and a tiara although it is her second marriage. Emily post would disapprove, I believe, but Emily Post probably never dreamed of being a Fairy Princess!

AGBF

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
I love Royals :angel: I hope it's ok to chime in, even though I am not a regular poster on pricescope.

"The Church of England teaches that marriage is for life. It also recognizes that some marriages sadly do fail and, if this should happen, it seeks to be available for all involved. The Church accepts that, in exceptional circumstances, a divorced person may marry again in church during the lifetime of a former spouse." General Synod, 2002
As far as I remember, being the cause of the divorce -or at least an important factor of the breakdown of the marriage- precludes remarriage in church. Which would explain Charles and Camilla...

I have found a link to the engagement rings of a number of British royals. In case anyone is interested. In my opinion Meghan's is one of the most beautiful one's. The Queen's is also nice :clap:

http://blog.hellomagazine.com/mywed...adorning-the-hands-of-the-british-royals.html

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Royals :angel: I hope it's ok to chime in, even though I am not a regular poster on pricescope.

"The Church of England teaches that marriage is for life. It also recognizes that some marriages sadly do fail and, if this should happen, it seeks to be available for all involved. The Church accepts that, in exceptional circumstances, a divorced person may marry again in church during the lifetime of a former spouse." General Synod, 2002
As far as I remember, being the cause of the divorce -or at least an important factor of the breakdown of the marriage- precludes remarriage in church. Which would explain Charles and Camilla...

I have found a link to the engagement rings of a number of British royals. In case anyone is interested. In my opinion Meghan's is one of the most beautiful one's. The Queen's is also nice :clap:

http://blog.hellomagazine.com/mywed...adorning-the-hands-of-the-british-royals.html

Thank you for sharing this! =)2

There may be Royal 'rules' , but there are no PS 'rules' about who can chime in or post!
Jump in anytime! :dance:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi, Cabochon1!

december-fire is right that you are most welcome here. Please take a look at this forum, which is-like Hangout-also a part of Pricescope. If you like royalty and jewelry, I think you will enjoy it. I certainly do and so do many other Pricescope members!

Royal Jewels https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/royal-jewels.73838/page-407#post-4252743
Deb/AGBF :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Cabochon1 for posting the article. My husband used to bring Hello magazine home from London around the time Kate and William were married.

collier

Shiny_Rock
I thought I read **somewhere** that they were planning to get married at St. George's Chapel and that the reception would likely be at Windsor Castle. However, I can't claim that I am reliable, or could even point you to where I read that first. But Wikipedia has my back, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George's_Chapel,_Windsor_Castle

Scroll down to royal weddings

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are right, collier. The news has been pouring it. Even the flavors of the two cakes have now been confirmed! Only a few things (like the designer of the bride's dress) still remain a secret! Also: she hasn't, yet, chosen from among the four tiaras she may choose from, or, if she has, the choice has not been made public. There has to be some mystery, after all! ;))

AGBF

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does she really have to choose from among only 4 tiaras? I looked at pictures of them, and none stood out to me. It would depend on how she wants to wear her hair I guess. It seems like you need a lot of volume to pull off some of the tiaras. Plus they are so heavy. What a chore, right? :P2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does she really have to choose from among only 4 tiaras? I looked at pictures of them, and none stood out to me. It would depend on how she wants to wear her hair I guess. It seems like you need a lot of volume to pull off some of the tiaras. Plus they are so heavy. What a chore, right? :P2

Can I get a link please? Thanks.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does she really have to choose from among only 4 tiaras? I looked at pictures of them, and none stood out to me.

Since you looked at them, you obviously read why she "has" to choose from amongst those four. It is all about tradition. The other tiaras that belong to Her Majesty are currently being worn by other members of The Royal Family. Some tiaras are owned outright by other members of The Royal Family. Even Zara Phillips, the daughter of The Princess Royal, got to wear a different tiara for her wedding only because her mother lent it to her. That is because Zara, like her mother, Anne, was descended from the family who originally owned that tiara.

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I get a link please? Thanks.

Yes, this is a good link. All the tiaras are described. The Fringe Tiara is nothing to sneeze at! Both Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II and The Princess Royal (who at her first wedding was The Princess Anne) chose The Fringe Tiara for their wedding days! Meghan Markle is being offered a great tiara by being offered that one, even if you find it boring!

https://www.harpersbazaar.com.au/celebrity/meghan-markle-wedding-tiara-14756

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the link @AGBF

Meghan will be a beautiful bride.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate wore such a tiny tiara for her wedding. Do you think Harry and Meghan might also want to appear "modest"? The Fringe is my favourite, but it's also big and blingy. I bet those tiaras are hard to wear. They must hurt!

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate wore such a tiny tiara on for her wedding. Do you think Harry and Meghan might also want to appear "modest"? The Fringe is my favourite, but it's also big and blingy. I bet those tiaras are hard to wear. They must hurt!

I was wondering if they would hurt also @lyra . I would be terrified it would fall off my head.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have my skull numbed and the tiara stapled to it for the chance to wear one from the royal collection, not just for the bling, but for the history and provenance of the piece.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, this is a good link. All the tiaras are described. The Fringe Tiara is nothing to sneeze at! Both Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II and The Princess Royal (who at her first wedding was The Princess Anne) chose The Fringe Tiara for their wedding days! Meghan Markle is being offered a great tiara by being offered that one, even if you find it boring!

https://www.harpersbazaar.com.au/celebrity/meghan-markle-wedding-tiara-14756

Thanks for the link. All the tiaras are lovely (the first one is my favorite). I thought pearls aren’t supposed to be worn by the bride as they signify tears (and portend sadness in marriage) so that would disqualify the fourth one (for me).

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering if they would hurt also @lyra . I would be terrified it would fall off my head.

I thought they style the hair to hold the tiara in place (I can’t remember where I read that).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@t-c I looked at the link Deb attached and all I could think was no matter what they did to keep the crown on my head, I would do something klutzy to knock it off. I doubt even Matata's idea for staples would work.

I do think any of the crowns will look gorgeous on Meghan with her dark hair.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF thanks for the link. I like them all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results