shape
carat
color
clarity

What do our friends from the other side of the pond think about Megan Markle, and what kind of ring

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love everything about this engagement! Prince Harry seems to have found a most genuine and kind person in Meghan, and I love that she is so unconventional (in royal terms at least!). Not to mention that he designed a classic three-stone ring, selected the center stone from Botswana (a place special to both of them), and incorporated stones from his mother's collection as a way of including her in this chapter. Seriously, does it get more romantic than that? :love: Prince Harry has certainly had his ups and downs over the years but he got this one exactly right! Meghan seems to bring out the best in him and I wish them every happiness. I truly adore them as a couple.... and that ring!! Wowzers!! :love::love::love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cushion with round sides -- yummy!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her, I love them, I love the ring! I'm super excited.
She is also my hair idol. I always always love her hair.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The palace and the couple so far haven't announced how much the diamonds are carat wise or price wise so I think anything that has been written so far have been guesses. I've seen most of the reports saying 2.5 or 3.5 carats but the centre to me looks larger than 2.5 carats, although it could be a spready cushion cut. The ring is big enough to cover her whole finger without it being too large gaudy or obnoxious in any way. If anything I think it's fairly understated and classic in design.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another view...

nintchdbpict000369476890-e1511794055331.jpg
This pic makes me want to put a small round OEC on each side of my cushion. :twisted2:

As to the bride-to-be, I think she is lovely.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please I just hope it's not a crushed ice cushion. I mean if she loves it good for her. But I admit that I hope its an old cut cushion. Maybe a recently cut old cut. And I'm sure it's two little OEC sides.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please I just hope it's not a crushed ice cushion. I mean if she loves it good for her. But I admit that I hope its an old cut cushion. Maybe a recently cut old cut. And I'm sure it's two little OEC sides.

What is "a crushed ice cushion", LLJsmom? I am assuming it is a slang term for something.

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, I have used modern round brilliant cuts (known as round brilliant cuts to some of us) to superb effect as side stones. Is there now a law that says only old cuts can be used?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is "a crushed ice cushion", LLJsmom? I am assuming it is a slang term for something.

Deb :wavey:
Really splintery modern cut cushions with no symmetry to the cut. I think they look a little "messy" :whistle: No offense meant to anyone with one though.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really splintery modern cut cushions with no symmetry to the cut. I think they look a little "messy" :whistle: No offense meant to anyone with one though.

Thank you for the explanation, red. I wouldn't know if were looking at one, I guess! Can someone post a photo? My only cushion cut is a red spinel. All my diamonds (except for tiny side stones) are round. Well...my pear side stones are small, not tiny, I guess. I think they may each be .5 carat. But Jonathan picked well cut ones for me so I don't think they are splintery!

Show me a cushion cut that doesn't cut it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, I have used modern round brilliant cuts (known as round brilliant cuts to some of us) to superb effect as side stones. Is there now a law that says only old cuts can be used?
Not at all. I just assumed the sides were OECs cause they were from Diana's jewelry, and maybe she got those from her MIL.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the explanation, red. I wouldn't know if were looking at one, I guess! Can someone post a photo? My only cushion cut is a red spinel. All my diamonds (except for tiny side stones) are round. Well...my pear side stones are small, not tiny, I guess. I think they may each be .5 carat. But Jonathan picked well cut ones for me so I don't think they are splintery!

Show me a cushion cut that doesn't cut it!
Well as much as I love David at Diamonds By Lauren, they have many cushions that I think are this style of crushed ice. You can check them out on their website. Lots of people love this style but it sounds like @LLJsmom and I are not among them. LOL. I would imagine they look how they are supposed to but I just don't like them.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VC’s Instagram page is calling it a cushion.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was a cushion, but I guess VC just confirmed it. Would really like a closeup, though......
She strikes me as a modern girl, and don't know if she would appreciate the old cushion cut, which I ADORE!!!!:appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for them! I was just elated when I heard the news. They look so happy together, and its so nice to hear happy news for a change. I am a little surprised by the ring. It seems a little ordinary for a royal couple but as long as she is happy with it, that is all that matters.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read it was a cushion. When I saw the ring on her finger, I thought it was proportional for her and charming, youthful and classic at the same time.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this family continues to evolve and become modern. I find royals oddly fascinating, but it cannot be an easy lifestyle despite the trappings of wealth. I wish these two well!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
So funny!!!:lol:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a nice ring with sentimental meaning behind it but I am disappointed there is no COLOUR!!! I believe traditionally Royals often used gemstones so I hoped for emerald sidestones or just something a little more unique....:think:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admit, I too had hoped to see a coloured stone. Maybe a gorgeous emerald? The ring is kind of boring IMO. But of course it's not up to us and we can only dream, right?

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
ye, I thought that an emerald would be totally to die for!!!! I'm sure Meghan has told Harry that she loves diamonds!:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a nice ring with sentimental meaning behind it but I am disappointed there is no COLOUR!!! I believe traditionally Royals often used gemstones so I hoped for emerald sidestones or just something a little more unique....:think:

I have to confess that although this thought was unconscious, you put it into words for me. I realize, now, that I, also, was hoping for a colored stone. I love rubies and I would have loved to see one like that of Sarah, The Duchess of York. Had I been Harry's fiancée, I would have let him know my (very) strong preference for rubies! ;))

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The last American Dutchess had a whopping 19 carat emerald for her engagement ring. I love diamonds but it would have been fun to see another emerald.
33748037986cb049678bb778ab50e03d--royal-rings-royal-jewels.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I would have loved to see a ruby! But I figured that the Sarah Ferguson disaster probably precluded that option. It might have drawn criticism of possible bad luck or something silly. Will she get a tiara? Would the queen give her one, or just loan her one? I don't know about the formalities with that. I can't wait to see her in one though. Who wouldn't want to wear a tiara!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I read somewhere that emeralds are a no-no for engagement rings, as bizarrely they’re considered bad luck.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heresy! LOL. But it's the queen's birthstone (and mine). We just don't see enough of the goodies these days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results