shape
carat
color
clarity

What do our friends from the other side of the pond think about Megan Markle, and what kind of ring

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
Was just wondering what everyone thinks of Megan Markle possibly joining the royal family. Also, what kind of engagement ring do you think she’ll receive?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care or have any interest in who marries whom, be it royalty or invisible, unimportant nobodies like me.

Maybe she'll get a sapphire ring, maybe a diamond, maybe something else.
We'll see.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny, you’re not a nobody!!!!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Slight reservations about whether she would adapt to the traditions and restrictions that would come with life as a royal. A life of great privilege as well as great restrictions. I would hope she loves Harry the person, not the prince a lot to know what she would be signing up for.

I'd say she'd want a diamond, possibly a modern style. Oh no I can hear the criticism already. Not traditional enough, a real non-conformer here. I would hope they would ignore the opinions of others.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I think Harry will have something made for her from his late mother’s gems.
She will be awestruck with that....The diamonds will come later!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think as long as they love each other, good luck to them. Harry isn’t under the same constraints as William in his choice of wife.

I hope they choose a ring together, not a fan a Diana’s ring, although I understand why William wanted Kate to have it.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s great, she might shake the royals up a bit! She is also very aware of the pressures of being in the spotlight which will help her cope, I expect. Harry is of less and less importance as Kate and William have more children so perhaps there’s more chance of a “quieter” life.

There is fevered speculation here about an announcement, and the ring. I posted this article in the Royal Jewels section:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...t-diamond-goes-display-Buckingham-palace.html

It’s about the Cullinan stones- one thing I read suggested she might get Cullinan IX, a huge pear, although I doubt they’d give a stone like that away!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a done deal!...https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/world/europe/prince-harry-meghan-markle-engaged.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=thumb_square&state=standard&contentPlacement=2&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/world/europe/prince-harry-meghan-markle-engaged.html&eventName=Watching-article-click&_r=0

"The relationship of Prince Harry and Ms. Markle, an actress, has been the subject of intense media scrutiny, which prompted an unusual statement from the prince last year, denouncing the 'racial undertones' of news coverage of Ms. Markle, whose mother is black and whose father is white.
...​
The prince’s reputation has changed markedly in recent years.

He has gotten into trouble in the past, once wearing a Nazi costume at a party, but he has since become a vocal advocate for mental health awareness and has spoken about the difficulties he faced after the death of his mother, Princess Diana. He has also taken an H.I.V. test, broadcast live on the royals’ Facebook page in 2016, to promote the importance of testing for the virus."

By the way, I have thought Harry's growth is wonderful. Back when he dressed up as a Nazi for a party and was chasing little blonde modelas all over the world, I thought he would never become a worthwhile human being. He certainly proved me wrong!

Last edited:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s great, she might shake the royals up a bit! She is also very aware of the pressures of being in the spotlight which will help her cope, I expect. Harry is of less and less importance as Kate and William have more children so perhaps there’s more chance of a “quieter” life.

There is fevered speculation here about an announcement, and the ring. I posted this article in the Royal Jewels section:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...t-diamond-goes-display-Buckingham-palace.html

It’s about the Cullinan stones- one thing I read suggested she might get Cullinan IX, a huge pear, although I doubt they’d give a stone like that away!
Wow, that is a fascinating article. That pear is outrageous. I agree with you on that one. They won’t let that stone get away so fast!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Gorgeous. Cushion?!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely doesn’t look completely round!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if she is wearing Essie's ballet slipper nail polish, it is the only color the queen wears.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful. I hope us Brits get another bank hoilday, like when Kate and Wills got married :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d rather have had the Cullinan IX :lol:

We saw the Queen’s diamonds when they were on display at Buck House a couple of years ago. The pear drop earrings are completely mismatched!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to see a close up photo of that ring. Oval or cushion for the center stone? I'd really like the details.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty ring :kiss2: Any more details?

I wonder if she is wearing Essie's ballet slipper nail polish, it is the only color the queen wears.

I recently read somewhere (probably the Daily Mirror or other trashy publication) that the Royals are not allowed to wear bright polish on their fingernails. They also have to sit a certain way (knees together, if need be crossed at the ankles). Seems Megan Markle went through basic royal training.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They apparently can wear whatever polish they want when not on official business. She'll have to wear nylons now though I guess. How constricting. Kind of fascinating in a way, how these very entitled individuals must present such a modest appearance. I hope Kate gets to wear some nicer jewels soon.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's lovely news! And her ring & the story behind it are both equally beautiful. Plus, it shows how much this country is getting with the times, allowing him to marry a divorced African-American woman who is older than himself.

I think it's all brilliant & the connection between the 2 of them during their news interview this evening was a delight to see. They are clearly very much in love & I think it'll do this country a lot of good.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No doubt it will spark a flurry of interest in 3 stone ring copies the sides are said to be out of a piece of jewellery owned by Diana that has significance for Harry;

nintchdbpict000369471140.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I live by some ponds so I'll weigh in and say I am happy to avoid all the trash/tabloid stuff and wish them a joy!

cheers--Sharon

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
No doubt it will spark a flurry of interest in 3 stone ring copies the sides are said to be out of a piece of jewellery owned by Diana that has significance for Harry;

nintchdbpict000369471140.jpg
The ring is beautiful. 2.5 carats. Yes, you are right! Three stone rings will be the next big thing!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her ring but I thought she would get a ruby. Maybe it’s because he has red hair? :lol-2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful. 2.5 carats. Yes, you are right! Three stone rings will be the next big thing!

I never did read anything on the carat weight of the center stone. Is this something you read or is this your guess? I think you could be spot on!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!! :love::love::love: Such a sweet three stone. I am guessing the center is 3.0 at least cause it faces up pretty big. It is beautiful. There is a reason why 3 stones are a classic design.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her ring but I thought she would get a ruby. Maybe it’s because he has red hair? :lol-2:

Fergie had a ruby ER - look how well that turned out :lol:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
:loopy:
I’d rather have had the Cullinan IX :lol:

We saw the Queen’s diamonds when they were on display at Buck House a couple of years ago. The pear drop earrings are completely mismatched!
That comment is hysterical!!!!!! :lol:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I read that the ring was 2.5 carats, but now I’m reading different stats. Kind of like Kate’s ring. Sometimes they refer to it as a 12 carat sapphire, and sometimes an 18 carat......

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yay! I love it, but I'm obviously biased because that's the style I have! I want a clearer pic to see if that center is round or cushion-y, hmm... Love the proportions. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results