shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
There is a state visit from the Netherlands to Portugal going on right now. Queen Maxima brought out the emeralds and the Duchess of Bragnaza was dripping in diamonds as well!

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Hi all - I have never contributed to this thread but have been lurking and ogling for years.

Thought you might appreciate this quick pic I snapped when visiting Rosenborg Castle in Copenhagen on my Honeymoon a couple of years ago, where they display the Danish Crown Jewels in between outings. Highly recommended if you are a royal jewel lover.

It is the emerald set shown in the picture below. The light was terrible so it came out a little blurry (apologies) but you can make out the mix of cuts and shapes of those stunning emeralds.

rosenborg jewels.jpg

danish crown jewels.jpg

Attachments

• rosenborg jewels.jpg
    rosenborg jewels.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 21

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all - I have never contributed to this thread but have been lurking and ogling for years.

Thought you might appreciate this quick pic I snapped when visiting Rosenborg Castle in Copenhagen on my Honeymoon a couple of years ago, where they display the Danish Crown Jewels in between outings. Highly recommended if you are a royal jewel lover.

It is the emerald set shown in the picture below. The light was terrible so it came out a little blurry (apologies) but you can make out the mix of cuts and shapes of those stunning emeralds.

rosenborg jewels.jpg

danish crown jewels.jpg
Dayum!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
E4A25352-600F-4CAB-AD4C-52C3EBF48EE5.jpeg Just popping in with a quick shot of Meghans ring. The centre stone is from Botswana which has significance to the couple and the side stones are from Diana’s personal collection. I’m sure better photos will be available soon :)

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
E4A25352-600F-4CAB-AD4C-52C3EBF48EE5.jpeg Just popping in with a quick shot of Meghans ring. The centre stone is from Botswana which has significance to the couple and the side stones are from Diana’s personal collection. I’m sure better photos will be available soon :)
Do you think that's a round brilliant center? Looks like yellow gold band? Can't wait to see more pix!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you think that's a round brilliant center? Looks like yellow gold band? Can't wait to see more pix!

It’s definitely yellow gold. I will know more this evening as there will be in interview with the happy couple.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
It’s definitely yellow gold. I will know more this evening as there will be in interview with the happy couple.
Please keep us posted! We have another couple of hours to wait for the interview, it looks like.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I just watched the interview and there wasn’t a single close up of the ring. I’m so disappointed.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
So I just watched the interview and there wasn’t a single close up of the ring. I’m so disappointed.
I saw it too and was also kinda bummed! :(
I just read an article and someone from Brilliant Earth estimates it being a 5 carat center stone. In one of the closeups it looked like double prongs on the center stone.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple different angles, not the best pix.. 880244106.jpg 880162046.jpg 880221884.jpg

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
One more... image.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw it too and was also kinda bummed! :(
I just read an article and someone from Brilliant Earth estimates it being a 5 carat center stone. In one of the closeups it looked like double prongs on the center stone.

I can definitely see double prongs. The centre stone looks like a cushion cut.

I thought the couple looked very much in love. I hope they will be very happy together. I am looking forward to the wedding! I love a good wedding!

Annie Loves Diamond

Rough_Rock
Trade

rosenborg jewels.jpg

danish crown jewels.jpg

omg! :love: awesome collection!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a round or a cushion? It does not look like 5 carats but the sides look like a carat each. I do not know if Markle has large hands which would make the stone look small.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

rosenborg jewels.jpg

danish crown jewels.jpg
Love this picture Mystic! It is hard to get good pictures when they are in glass and they usually request no flash photography. I was in DC this weekend for some meetings and had a chance to go to the Smithsonian. I was horribly disappointed in how some of my pictures of the gems and jewelry turned out. I was especially bummed at how my Post tiara picture came out!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
One more... image.jpg

I read that she prefers yellow gold. I'm all over that...maybe this will bring it back a little!

I am assuming the wedding ring will be made of Welsh gold like Catherine's was?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland was wearing a modified version of her wedding tiara during the Nobel prize gala or Banquet. The emeralds were switched to pearls and the shape is more pleasing. I can't find a photo, only this video in German which starts with a 20 second ad :(sad

https://www.bunte.de/royals/schwedi...mit-ihrem-hochzeits-diadem-fuer-aufsehen.html

It looks so much better in my opinion

Exponentially better...the shape and the pearls make such a difference! When she wore it again for the King's dinner, she put the emeralds back on but left the shape in tact. It still looks great! The change in shape was for the better. I wonder if she regrets how she wore it for her wedding...

labgrowndiamoand

Rough_Rock
Such beauty of diamonds are jewelry nice design thanks for shared. Without diamonds cant be perfect jewelry Diamonds like lab grown, lab created diamonds, man made, cvd diamonds etc. Keep sharing. :clap::clap:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
EA5B3CCA-8789-449A-845F-DE50CF55405A.jpeg

B3CC74F6-6A95-4F89-851E-D03E8366D3C9.jpeg

I don’t know if it is ok to share this but I love it! It’s the official Christmas card. Nice view of Catherine’s beautiful ring.

Attachments

• A928CD0A-3EC5-4889-B8DA-441DF19E23E4.jpeg
    A928CD0A-3EC5-4889-B8DA-441DF19E23E4.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 17
  • D3F79D05-191C-4AC8-B338-DFC524DC7E01.jpeg
    D3F79D05-191C-4AC8-B338-DFC524DC7E01.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 15

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if it is ok to share this but I love it! It’s the official Christmas card. Nice view of Catherine’s beautiful ring.

It is more than OK. It is very welcome! Thank you, Maisie! The Cambridges have beautiful children.

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rosenborg jewels.jpg

danish crown jewels.jpg

Her Majesty should absolutely not wear that teal green gown with those emeralds, yet she always does. The colors are off. Those stones are too beautiful for her to ruin. I love her and I love her quirks, but she should not ruin those beautiful emeralds.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do! I think Princess Charlotte looks like the Queen.

I never would have thought so, but with that photo you posted, I can see it! That's a wonderful shot!

Deb:wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never would have thought so, but with that photo you posted, I can see it! That's a wonderful shot!

Deb:wavey:

Prince George always looks like he is plotting mischief!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results