What did you get for Christmas!

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: What did you get for Christmas!

Enerchi|1356545966|3340124 said:
Zoe|1356522961|3339903 said:
Hey Enerchi, are you here? Guess what was one of the things Santa got for me? A crock pot! So I guess I need to learn how to cook, right? :bigsmile: It's a 6 qt. which seems a bit large for 2 people, but it has a removable insert and three settings. I'm kind of excited to try it out this week.

I'm here!! :wavey: That sounds like quite the crock pot! good luck with your cooking mission --- and the thread with the crock pot recipes is quite the gold mine!! EVEN *I* can make things in there, so if I can, I have the utmost faith that you can, too!!! You go girl!!!! :appl:

Thanks!

Ame, thanks for the tip! I'll pick up liners this week, and I'll check out the packets you mentioned.

I also forgot to mention that we got tickets to see The Book of Mormon in the spring. It was one of the gifts my parents gave to my husband.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Audball, congratulations! Your ring is beautiful! :appl:

Thanks, MC. I wouldn't be as worried about the large size if my husband ate leftovers more often. I thought of exchanging it for a smaller one but I'm not sure I'll bother.

audball

Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1356569325|3340341 said:
Thanks!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

my DH spoiled me for our first Christmas together!

Full length down coat with matching mittens
New winter boots
gift cards for new clothes and shoes for work

and most importantly:
A demantoid and argyle diamond pearl enhancer!!

69ca84696bf40cb4179af3ca5ad5817e.jpg

He did good :praise:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

LoveLikeCrazy|1356543331|3340090 said:
FrekeChild|1356500998|3339852 said:
A jewelry carrying case (to simplify it), some books and Tiffany and Co tsavorite by the yard necklace (single station).

I'm pumped. I didn't have any green necklaces to speak of. And it's GREEN.

LOVE the necklace! :love: I have been eyeing the pink sapphire single station one...can i bother you for a neck shot?? :naughty:
I'm being lazy, but I also have the aquamarine one, and I have a neck shot of that I believe. Let me see...

Yup, two of them! Hope that helps! (Just imagine the stone being green instead of light blue...)

img_6451_freke.jpg

img_6455_freke.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Dh hasn't gotten me a Christmas present in years (seriously, neither of us can remember the last time :rolleyes: ) but he surprised me with a Kindle paperwhite. Unexpected as I am not really a gadget girl and am still pretty wedded to paperbooks, but I think it will be a lot of fun and might just push me over into the fully digital reading realm.

Also, I sold my rose gold eternity band (which I loved but just wasn't wearing as I have too many rings and not enough fingers:) so DH agreed that I can use the proceeds to purchase tile and he will replace my kitchen floor (which desperately needs to be tiled!)

We're going to go with daltile asian black (it has a similar look as slate but is more uniform and perfectly accents our backsplash!)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1356568995|3340335 said:
Hey Enerchi, are you here? Guess what was one of the things Santa got for me? A crock pot! So I guess I need to learn how to cook, right? :bigsmile: It's a 6 qt. which seems a bit large for 2 people, but it has a removable insert and three settings. I'm kind of excited to try it out this week.

I'm here!! :wavey: That sounds like quite the crock pot! good luck with your cooking mission --- and the thread with the crock pot recipes is quite the gold mine!! EVEN *I* can make things in there, so if I can, I have the utmost faith that you can, too!!! You go girl!!!! :appl:

Thanks!

Ame, thanks for the tip! I'll pick up liners this week, and I'll check out the packets you mentioned.

I also forgot to mention that we got tickets to see The Book of Mormon in the spring. It was one of the gifts my parents gave to my husband.
The liners are amazing. My parents told us about them, they orignally started using them when they would make potroast (something that I still have yet to freaking get right), but I tried them for my first pulled pork and they were fantastic! I now use them for soups, stews and chili. I just scoop as much out of there as I can into a container, then take the bag up and "pour" the rest out into the container from the bag then toss it. Then I can usually just wipe the crock out and don't need to run it through the wash. Just don't "tuck it" in under the crock so it doens't melt.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1356585618|3340497 said:
A jewelry carrying case (to simplify it), some books and Tiffany and Co tsavorite by the yard necklace (single station).

LOVE the necklace! :love: I have been eyeing the pink sapphire single station one...can i bother you for a neck shot?? :naughty:
I'm being lazy, but I also have the aquamarine one, and I have a neck shot of that I believe. Let me see...

Yup, two of them! Hope that helps! (Just imagine the stone being green instead of light blue...)
The size is fantastic. Subtle but still present.

AP1976

Shiny_Rock

Zoe|1356568995|3340335 said:

Thanks!

We're going to see that for our 5 year Anniversary on February 9th, SO EXCITED!!!!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

We agreed that this year our new roof {which came the week end before Sandy hit} AND the newly redone and water-proofed basement would be our gifts to each other.

So I got him several sweaters, some boxers and socks.

He got me a Celtic Thunder sweatshirt {I am a HUGE Thunderhead} and ROD STEWART TICKETS for mid-April.

I'm so glad we agreed on no gifts this year....

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I made out quite well. My big gift from DH was an iPad with Retina display. I love it.

From my mom, I knew I was getting Uggs (DH had to ask me which ones I wanted- http://www.zappos.com/ugg-bailey-bu...stnut?ef_id=ULUDGwAACJY4GhN3:20121227181921:s).

What I didn't know is she also got me a T&C bracelet (http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...5-p+1-c+563629-r+101746884-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+).

I'm a pretty happy girl.

DH's big gift was a custom Oregon Duck's jersey.

AP1976

Shiny_Rock

amc80|1356629559|3340810 said:
I made out quite well. My big gift from DH was an iPad with Retina display. I love it.

From my mom, I knew I was getting Uggs (DH had to ask me which ones I wanted- http://www.zappos.com/ugg-bailey-bu...stnut?ef_id=ULUDGwAACJY4GhN3:20121227181921:s).

What I didn't know is she also got me a T&C bracelet (http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...5-p+1-c+563629-r+101746884-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+).

I'm a pretty happy girl.

LOVE those boots!!! :love: Hmmm, I could use another pair of uggs myself :naughty:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Amber St. Clare|1356629145|3340803 said:
We agreed that this year our new roof {which came the week end before Sandy hit} AND the newly redone and water-proofed basement would be our gifts to each other.

So I got him several sweaters, some boxers and socks.

He got me a Celtic Thunder sweatshirt {I am a HUGE Thunderhead} and ROD STEWART TICKETS for mid-April.

I'm so glad we agreed on no gifts this year....[/quote]

HAHA! It's lovely that you want to spoil each other so much you ignore your own agreement to not spoil!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

amc80|1356629559|3340810 said:

I'm a pretty happy girl.

Cute! I have those in the single button!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild|1356585618|3340497 said:

Thank you for posting a pic! it Definately helps! So dainty. I LOVE it! guess I'll be heading over to Tiffany's to get the pink sapphire one! :naughty: :love: :love: :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

My DH really didn't do gifts with me for Hanukkah this year since he said I could start searching for my large OMC that I want...and ended up buying last week!!!! So I have a 5.06ct OMC and I'm also expecting my 2.60ctw 3 stone from SK to be done. So those were really my presents.

Smaller things:
- A Northface fleece zip jacket for working out (which I actually need to loose a few lbs to fit into! :oops: )
-a gift card for amazon for kindle books! :geek:
-a brie baker from Crate and Barrel because i puffy heart love brie

D

Deactivated member 42515

I really enjoyed reading everyone's Christmas gifts! Good or bad! Keep em coming! It's like Christmas morning all over again! :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Sarahbear621|1356654132|3341080 said:
My DH really didn't do gifts with me for Hanukkah this year since he said I could start searching for my large OMC that I want...and ended up buying last week!!!! So I have a 5.06ct OMC and I'm also expecting my 2.60ctw 3 stone from SK to be done. So those were really my presents.

Smaller things:
- A Northface fleece zip jacket for working out (which I actually need to loose a few lbs to fit into! :oops: )

Squeeeee I cannot wait to see this OMG (I mean OMC!!) :appl: :appl: :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Sarahbear621|1356654132|3341080 said:

Smaller things:
Ok, I gotta admit Sarahbear.... I have been avoiding your posts because the green eyes monster had taken a hold of me. But, I've slain the monster and I am alllll about seeing that giant OMC on your finger!!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Rosetta and YT!!! I am really excitied about seeing the completed ring(s). I think they will both come around the second week of January. At least SK has confirmed. Still waiting on hearing back from Adam on my OMC. Of course I have a business trip that week. I keep checking out justginger's thread on poppy because our OMC's are very similar....oh how I wish I had a size 3.5 finger though like her!

Ravenne

Rough_Rock

From Mom & Dad:

-A Keurig coffee maker plus the My K-Cup and a bag of a Starbucks Blonde blend (kinda shocked here)
-A Coach purse (also surprised me. They've never bought me a name brand purse before)
-A nice hand-vaccuum. Bagless with fun attachments (I'm a clean freak)
-Some shirts, some jeans, and of course, some socks (I ask for fun knee socks every year. I collect them)
-Season 3 of Smallville

From my brother: A Target giftcard, which I put towards a nice new hair dryer

From my aunts & uncles: some clothes and a "pearl" necklace/earring set and a scarf, a pocket crossword puzzle book

From my cousins: another scarf and these gloves that have different material on the thumb and forefinger that allow you to use a touchscreen device with them on. It's magic, I tell you. O_O

And cash from various and sundry family members. :) Always handy.

Some of that cash went towards an order from my favorite body jewelry site as a gift to myself. It should be here tomorrow!!! Got some nice stone (lapis, rose quartz and opalite) and glass pairs that I can wear to work and some colored tunnels for my free time (my ears are stretched to 8g). The rest of the cash is going towards the downpayment of the condo I'm buying in the coming year. Saving up!

iLander

Ideal_Rock

What did I get, besides a horrible cold?

I finally got my ring (the why isn't it Christmas thread), a bunch of car-related T-shirts and books, a lovely rosewood box and some wheel valve caps for my car.

But my favorite thing: a video game!

There's a sentence I thought I'd never say. :bigsmile:

It's one of those racing games with a steering wheel and peddles. DH knows me too well. Turns out I kind of stink at it, but that's okay, it's fun! I hit everything constantly, I can't quite catch up to the pack, but it's fun! :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1356725552|3341653 said:
What did I get, besides a horrible cold?

I finally got my ring (the why isn't it Christmas thread), a bunch of car-related T-shirts and books, a lovely rosewood box and some wheel valve caps for my car.

But my favorite thing: a video game!

There's a sentence I thought I'd never say. :bigsmile:

It's one of those racing games with a steering wheel and peddles. DH knows me too well. Turns out I kind of stink at it, but that's okay, it's fun! I hit everything constantly, I can't quite catch up to the pack, but it's fun!
:D

What is the game of which you speak?!?

I got an emergency car kit, but did not get the 1:43 scale model of Billy Ray from anyone becuase everyone thought someone else had gotten it for me, so I have to order it for myself!

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock

I was hoping for something small, but since my husband didn't get me anything, he let me go shopping after Christmas and I got a pair of boots and a cashmere sweater from my favorite brand. They used to make almost everything in the U.S.A, but my sweater tag says it was made in China :(

I'd like to see pictures of everybody's new bling!

I love holidays, now I'm shopping gifts for friends and family back home.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks, MC. I wouldn't be as worried about the large size if my husband ate leftovers more often. I thought of exchanging it for a smaller one but I'm not sure I'll bother.

Yeah, if you eat leftovers, the bigger is okay, but if not, you still have to fill the larger HALF full (according to the directions) which means buying extra chicken broth or whatever you use. The other day I tried making something without filling it half full and found that the sauce was boiling/bubbling on low temp, which it's never done when I've filled it as per the directions! I'm going to get a smaller for that reason. (the kids simply do not get into the crockpot meals except with pot roast. we always run out!)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sakuracherry|1356734742|3341775 said:
I was hoping for something small, but since my husband didn't get me anything, he let me go shopping after Christmas and I got a pair of boots and a cashmere sweater from my favorite brand. They used to make almost everything in the U.S.A, but my sweater tag says it was made in China :(

Oh no! Which brand?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

manderz

Brilliant_Rock

I got a wedding band, and a husband :love: :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

MC|1356805063|3342308 said:

Yeah, if you eat leftovers, the bigger is okay, but if not, you still have to fill the larger HALF full (according to the directions) which means buying extra chicken broth or whatever you use. The other day I tried making something without filling it half full and found that the sauce was boiling/bubbling on low temp, which it's never done when I've filled it as per the directions! I'm going to get a smaller for that reason. (the kids simply do not get into the crockpot meals except with pot roast. we always run out!)

Ah, good to know. Thanks, MC! I hadn't thought of that. I just bought the ingredients for Hungarian goulash to make tomorrow, and I may run out and get a few extra things to fill our crock pot up a bit more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results