What did you get for Christmas!

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What did you get for Christmas!

Karl_K|1356493990|3339822 said:
20 pairs of socks and 2 cans of canned air for the computers.

Hahaha. I got my SO 58 pairs of socks. He asked for socks and then said, "well I hope you're not only buying me a pack of socks", so I went and made a statement with socks. I found a HUGE @$$ stocking at the dollar store, and I shoved them in there.

Here's to being practical!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

madelise|1356495299|3339827 said:

Hahaha. I got my SO 58 pairs of socks. He asked for socks and then said, "well I hope you're not only buying me a pack of socks", so I went and made a statement with socks. I found a HUGE @$$ stocking at the dollar store, and I shoved them in there.

HI:

This is the only year I did not buy only socks....socks rock...cleaning out all the old and bringing in the new. I still might do that!

cheers--Sharon

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

madelise|1356495299|3339827 said:

ROFL!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

A jewelry carrying case (to simplify it), some books and Tiffany and Co tsavorite by the yard necklace (single station).

I'm pumped. I didn't have any green necklaces to speak of. And it's GREEN.

christmas4.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Skippy|1356484785|3339750 said:
my hubby bought me .82 and .84 OEC's to make a 3 stone. Also a Nexus 7! It was a very nice Christmas!

Wow! Lucky ducky! :love: Can't wait to see pictures.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

My presents are a bit unusual...I was given a Kindle Paperwhite for my b-day and then for Christmas, was given hand-glown artwork that was made by a friend who has become famous (locallly - and nationally, & possibly abroad), including a vase and a blown glass bowl that I am not even sure what to do with because they are so beyond amazing. They are artwork for me, a humble mom, who does admire them, but they are too incredible for a regular house... At any rate, they are both my favorite color! :love:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

MC|1356503149|3339855 said:
My presents are a bit unusual...I was given a Kindle Paperwhite for my b-day and then for Christmas, was given hand-glown artwork that was made by a friend who has become famous (locallly - and nationally, & possibly abroad), including a vase and a blown glass bowl that I am not even sure what to do with because they are so beyond amazing. They are artwork for me, a humble mom, who does admire them, but they are too incredible for a regular house... At any rate, they are both my favorite color! :love:

they sound lovely!! Pictures,please!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alas, nothing more from DH! ;( Already got Holly as an early Xmas pressie (and b'day and Valentines all rolled into one!).

To be honest, DH is not great at picking presents for me, so usually I ask him beforehand or I buy them for myself. So I got myself two pairs of gorgeous super high-heeled Gucci shoes (bought them in the sale, so that was the added bonus)!! :cheeky: :appl: Still waiting for the 70% sale from Gucci to buy a super-gorgeous super-cool ultra-mod leather jacket that I've had my eyes on for ageees! :naughty:

Still waiting for my Xmas wish-list pressie, a match for my BGD 2.374ct G "blue" or 2.656ct H BGD Signature. My earlobes are screaming from the loneliness! :nono: ..Am thinking I may go to another vendor altogether and get myself a pair of 3ct G, H or I colour Si1/ Si2 clarity for not much more than what the BGD's would cost me and hoping to trade in some of the stuff I've put up for sale...Mind you, they wouldn't be super-ideal cut but at least I'd get the size and colour of my preference, and they'd still be plenty blingy to the average person (aka non-PS'ers).

DH got some kitchen gadgets (which he'd asked for specifically since he's the cook in the family) and an IOU for a nice watch from me!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hey Enerchi, are you here? Guess what was one of the things Santa got for me? A crock pot! So I guess I need to learn how to cook, right? :bigsmile: It's a 6 qt. which seems a bit large for 2 people, but it has a removable insert and three settings. I'm kind of excited to try it out this week.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oohh ZOE!! Get yourself some of those Reynolds Crock Pot Liners...they make clean up SOOOO much easier!!! A good starter dish to make is a soup, Bear Creak soups in the foodstore are good one to start. It's literally a packet and you add water and stir. They're DELICIOUS. Make that (use the liner trust me!!!) and a thing of biscuits and holy damn, good eats. My parents put those Liners in our stockings. We all laughed out loud.

I got a ridiculous load of loot, every thing I asked for and thensome:
- 16Q Stainless Stock Pot (I think I squealed like a freak) so when I make my soups I am not overflowing.
- 5Q Non-Stick skilletything that I wanted, I have a stainless one, but I needed a nonstick one.
- G/C to Nordstrom, BreadCo, iTunes, Apple Store (for a new iPhone OR my software, whichever) and a ton for Lowes so we can finally finish refinishing our basement for the 3rd time (growl)
- black allweather floormats and cargo mat (more squeals)
- new ice scraper (again...Im a dork)
- a really cook initial for my wall made out of wine corks my brothers g/f made which I promptly broke two corks off of lol so Ill be refixing those
- my color stuff for my hair. But they sent my brother the wrong stuff so he's going to try to exchange it.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock

Fun thread! SO and I didn't exchange gifts this year since we paid for our October wedding and honeymoon. I did get some good stuff from my family and in-laws, though:

-LL Bean tote bag with my new monogram
-cozy sweats from my alma mater
-gloves to use with iPhone
-tickets to see Alvin Ailey perform

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

JewelFreak|1356473353|3339701 said:
Pretty earrings, Elisateach, great present!

Circe -- waiting for pics impatiently.

No bling from DH here, which is ok because I wouldn't have wanted to wear what he chose, oooh, but he's great on books. A biography I've been wanting of William Seward, Sec. of State under Lincoln. And 2 sweaters I mentioned I liked. Plus a Sinta Klaas present -- on 12/6 the Dutch Santa fills your wooden shoes with little gifts -- for lack of sabots, mine had to wait under the tree until Christmas, a traditional chocolate initial, so I got a big L. Beautiful Italian espresso pot from a friend of DH -- chrome with a brass handle, so pretty you could put it in the living room as decor. 3 kinds of yummy dips/spreads from my little sister. And a lovely peaceful day, to be finished off with Greek pastries at the house of some Greek friends an hour from now.

Happy Christmas, all!

--- Laurie

Laurie, your wish is my command - just not Tapatalk's, since I was having the hardest time posting yesterday! On the other hand, it let me play with my new tripod and lightbox some more. I LOVE MY LIGHTBOX. AND I LOVE MY TRIPOD. Gorilla tripods, y'all. Put them on your wishlists for next year. :naughty:

One full-body shot for scale, with my usual diamond pear pendant and a crystal piece I made myself (wanted to try imitating the old-style pendants you see on Lang and such) and my wonderful matryoshka! She opens. The close-up shows the little black-button eyes. I feel like Vassilissa, but blingier. :love:

matryoshka_011.jpg

matryoshka_003.jpg

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild|1356500998|3339852 said:
A jewelry carrying case (to simplify it), some books and Tiffany and Co tsavorite by the yard necklace (single station).

I'm pumped. I didn't have any green necklaces to speak of. And it's GREEN.

LOVE the necklace! :love: I have been eyeing the pink sapphire single station one...can i bother you for a neck shot?? :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock

I got engaged! :appl: Squee! My beautiful Sholdt/OEC combo!

457265_10101465179610161_1407568152_1.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Circe|1356537095|3340011 said:

No bling from DH here, which is ok because I wouldn't have wanted to wear what he chose, oooh, but he's great on books. A biography I've been wanting of William Seward, Sec. of State under Lincoln. And 2 sweaters I mentioned I liked. Plus a Sinta Klaas present -- on 12/6 the Dutch Santa fills your wooden shoes with little gifts -- for lack of sabots, mine had to wait under the tree until Christmas, a traditional chocolate initial, so I got a big L. Beautiful Italian espresso pot from a friend of DH -- chrome with a brass handle, so pretty you could put it in the living room as decor. 3 kinds of yummy dips/spreads from my little sister. And a lovely peaceful day, to be finished off with Greek pastries at the house of some Greek friends an hour from now.

Happy Christmas, all!

--- Laurie

Laurie, your wish is my command - just not Tapatalk's, since I was having the hardest time posting yesterday! On the other hand, it let me play with my new tripod and lightbox some more. I LOVE MY LIGHTBOX. AND I LOVE MY TRIPOD. Gorilla tripods, y'all. Put them on your wishlists for next year. :naughty:

One full-body shot for scale, with my usual diamond pear pendant and a crystal piece I made myself (wanted to try imitating the old-style pendants you see on Lang and such) and my wonderful matryoshka! She opens. The close-up shows the little black-button eyes. I feel like Vassilissa, but blingier. :love:

OMG! I LOOOOOOOVEEEEEE the matryoshka!!!!!! Where is it from?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I've been looking for a good one to wear and haven't found any as beautiful as that (I'm Russian too!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe|1356537095|3340011 said:

Happy Christmas, all!

--- Laurie

HI:

I ADORE that pendant! Gorgeous gift!

cheers--Shaorn

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tons and tons of gift cards to various restaurants, grocery store, AMC theaters, and several to Target, my favorite!
Lots o' cash!
Candy
New toothbrush and toothpaste (stocking stuffer, guess I'll need it after all the candy!)
Lottery scratch off tickets (won $10)
A purple Columbia fleece jacket
Cute pink pajama set with cropped pants
Lenox Princess Aurora ornament
FIL and MIL bought the kids a ton of new clothes, which is a gift for me too since they are now set for a while
And the best gift of all, my new baby daughter!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1356522961|3339903 said:
Hey Enerchi, are you here? Guess what was one of the things Santa got for me? A crock pot! So I guess I need to learn how to cook, right? :bigsmile: It's a 6 qt. which seems a bit large for 2 people, but it has a removable insert and three settings. I'm kind of excited to try it out this week.

I'm here!! :wavey: That sounds like quite the crock pot! good luck with your cooking mission --- and the thread with the crock pot recipes is quite the gold mine!! EVEN *I* can make things in there, so if I can, I have the utmost faith that you can, too!!! You go girl!!!! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MC|1356502594|3339853 said:
Skippy|1356484785|3339750 said:
my hubby bought me .82 and .84 OEC's to make a 3 stone. Also a Nexus 7! It was a very nice Christmas!

Wow! Lucky ducky! :love: Can't wait to see pictures.

Yeah, this is really awesome Skippy!! Did DH know how to pick good stones? I don't think mine would have a clue so I'm impressed!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

audball|1356543932|3340101 said:

Congrats, Audball!

audball

Ideal_Rock

MC|1356547098|3340139 said:

Congrats, Audball!
Thanks MC! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1356522961|3339903 said:

Have fun w/your crockpot! Six qts is big for two people, however, some foods require larger sizes. I made meatballs w/speghetti sauce last week and my 7 qt was the perfect size b/c I used 1.35 lbs of ground beef. The meatballs turned out AMAZING. They were tender and cut apart like butter. Yum! Enjoy. (I am planning to get a smaller one around 4 qts if I can find one that has good settings - I saw a couple, but they didn't have as many features and it's nice to have more control features)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe|1356483959|3339743 said:
distracts|1356478199|3339722 said:

Wait, you're an SF geek AND a jewelry-lover AND a metalsmith? Distracts, if you ever come to NYC, consider this an open invitation for coffee.

P.S. - Michael Stackpole wrote an awesome monograph on Mirlees, if you're interested once you read Lud. It's one of my favorites. :love:

Heeee! I've heard good things about Lud-in-the-Mist so I'm excited to read it. It was the only novel on my wishlist - the rest were jewelry or design books or critical tomes on scifi/fantasy (of which only one was bought because evidently everyone thought they were boring). I looked up the monograph - by Michael Swanwick, not Stackpole (I have to admit I WAS a bit confused at Michael Stackpole writing anything even vaguely academic - I am a fan of his Star Wars books but emphatically not so much his other stuff) and it looks very interesting.

AP1976

Shiny_Rock

Sounds like everyone had such an amazing holiday!!! We do both Hanukkah and Christmas, and my birthday is the 28th, so everything kind of gets lumped together, but I must have been a very good girl this year :saint: My husband knows that I am fascinated by airplanes, I turn into a kid every time I see one, so he bought me an introductory flying lesson! Amazeballs. And then a $500 gift certificate to the Hershey Spa! I'm ready to be massaged in chocolate :appl: From family members, we got gift cards to Home Depot as we have our eye on a new kitchen floor, hopefully sometime soon. It's been a very good month!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

audball said:

Congrats!!! That setting is one of my favorites :)

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

My sister sent us Home Depot gift card( to make up for the Spa finder one last year that DH wanted no part of!!) so off we went to get new faucets! One for kitchen two for master bath.
Replacing the kitchen one meant new cabinet pulls. Not sure between these two.
Sad how something as mundane as cabinet pulls excited me;-)

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356562900.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356562907.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356563101.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356563130.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yay, Congrats!!!

Thanks MC, woohoo for your new Paperwhite

audball

Ideal_Rock

Skippy|1356562834|3340288 said:

Yay, Congrats!!!
Thank you! :appl:

AP1976

Shiny_Rock

Elisateach|1356560354|3340277 said:
My sister sent us Home Depot gift card( to make up for the Spa finder one last year that DH wanted no part of!!) so off we went to get new faucets! One for kitchen two for master bath.
Replacing the kitchen one meant new cabinet pulls. Not sure between these two.
Sad how something as mundane as cabinet pulls excited me;-)

Mundane? Cabinet pulls? NEVER! :lol: I love stuff like that! The oil rubbed bronze look is my favorite, too. We just replaced our chrome ones with ones similar to the 2nd picture you posted. Knobs on the cabinets, half moon pulls on the drawers. Love them!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hubby got us a posh vacation suite in the Poconos. Heart shaped jacuzzi, in-suite swimming pool, and all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results