Re: What did you get for Christmas!

manderz|1356813665|3342382 said:
I got a wedding band, and a husband :love: :love:

Love it!! Congratulations! :appl:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
D

Deactivated member 42515

So the Burberry scarf DH got for me is still not here. It was guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve. I called Nordstrom and they said they have no idea what is going on. They said there was an order made but they had to send it out from a store and not the warehouse so they don't know if they even sent it out nor do they have a tracking number. They said I have to wait until the 2nd of January to file a complaint and get a refund issued. DH even called Nordstrom to make sure that it was going to be here before Christmas and even said he would pay extra for overnight but Nordstrom said there was no need. Nordstrom usually has such awesome customer service but I don't understand why they can't tell me anything at all about my scarf... All they told me was what I ordered and that it was beautiful.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1356816713|3342404 said:
MC|1356805063|3342308 said:
Zoe|1356569325|3340341 said:
Audball, congratulations! Your ring is beautiful! :appl:

Thanks, MC. I wouldn't be as worried about the large size if my husband ate leftovers more often. I thought of exchanging it for a smaller one but I'm not sure I'll bother.

Yeah, if you eat leftovers, the bigger is okay, but if not, you still have to fill the larger HALF full (according to the directions) which means buying extra chicken broth or whatever you use. The other day I tried making something without filling it half full and found that the sauce was boiling/bubbling on low temp, which it's never done when I've filled it as per the directions! I'm going to get a smaller for that reason. (the kids simply do not get into the crockpot meals except with pot roast. we always run out!)

Ah, good to know. Thanks, MC! I hadn't thought of that. I just bought the ingredients for Hungarian goulash to make tomorrow, and I may run out and get a few extra things to fill our crock pot up a bit more.

Organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth) will become your best friend! Whenever it's on sale, I stock up on cartons of it. (the sales clerks always wonder what is up when I have like 10 of them in my cart ;)) . It fills the crockpot to the half-way point. Low-sodium is best!

Best of luck with your goulash!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

YayTacori|1356825091|3342477 said:
So the Burberry scarf DH got for me is still not here. It was guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve. I called Nordstrom and they said they have no idea what is going on. They said there was an order made but they had to send it out from a store and not the warehouse so they don't know if they even sent it out nor do they have a tracking number. They said I have to wait until the 2nd of January to file a complaint and get a refund issued. DH even called Nordstrom to make sure that it was going to be here before Christmas and even said he would pay extra for overnight but Nordstrom said there was no need. Nordstrom usually has such awesome customer service but I don't understand why they can't tell me anything at all about my scarf... All they told me was what I ordered and that it was beautiful.

Uh no, YayTacori. FWIW, I've found sometimes Nordstroms can be really slow depending upon where it is shipped from. I've had items take two days and other times, two weeks!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

MC--if your husband won't eat leftovers, consider "repurposing"... My guy doesn't mind if I figure out a different way to serve it--over rice, noodles, make a soup/stew, add dumplings or cornbread casserole or whatever.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock

MC,
It's rag and bone. I guess I'll only be buying their jeans from now on.

Yay Tacori,
That is very weird. Did your husband purchase from a store or order online?

D

Deactivated member 42515

MC- I know what you mean. I ordered some La Mer and that took two days. I think that's how it usually takes for me. This is the longest that a package has taken for Nordstrom.

Sakuracherry- DH ordered it online. But he called customer service to make sure that it'll be here before Christmas Eve and was guaranteed delivery. But now they are saying they have NO idea at all where it is.

audball

Ideal_Rock

tuffyluvr|1356553865|3340226 said:
audball said:
I got engaged! :appl: Squee! My beautiful Sholdt/OEC combo!

Congrats!!! That setting is one of my favorites :)
Thank you tuffyluvr!

audball

Ideal_Rock

JuneRose|1356818214|3342421 said:

Squee! Yes! We need pictures manderz!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got a couple things early: a pair of bailey single button uggs in black, and a kindle paperwhite. The kids got me a couple books I wanted, (we give each other lists), and a pack of bobbins for my new sewing machine.

The best part of the holiday though, was getting to surprise my DH. He had a cross-over bike that he had been making payments on at the bike store and had only a few hundred left to pay it off. The kids each went in the store and paid some on it and then I went in and paid off the balance. When he was working we went and picked it up and hid it in one of the boys closets. The kids each wrapped a present with a one word clue that eventually led him to our front upstairs deck. He was so surprised and had no idea. It was great, and he was so excited. I absolutely loved doing that. He wasn't going to pick it up until after the holidays to save the extra money. I had been saving cash so I could do it without it impacting our budget and so he wouldn't be able to see it in the checkbook. It was soooo fun to do that for him!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock

audball|1356903508|3343031 said:
JuneRose|1356818214|3342421 said:

Squee! Yes! We need pictures manderz!

Thank you both!! I will take a couple bling pics tomorrow when it's light out, and see if I can find a decent pic worth posting. We got married on the 23rd, one day before our 10th anniversary :)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Luv2sparkle, that is so sweet. Fun! :appl:

Congratulations to the recently married and recently engaged! And congratulations to the new mums and dads! :appl:

Happy Birthday to all you christmas baby PSers! :appl:

Everyone's gifts sound really good. Sarahbear, I can't wait to see your rings!

OK, I got some sterling silver picture frames, some sweat-proof earbuds, a light saber wall light, a soft kitty (from The Big Bang Theory) blanket with sleeves, an atom pendant, a science t-shirt, a spa gift certificate, an Hermes scarf, wine, chocolates, and I bought myself a rolex. :D

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock

YayTacori,

A similar thing happened to my friend. She went to the local Nordstrom and showed them the order confirmation email, and they just gave her the product that she ordered online. I hope they can figure out where the package is or give you a new one soon.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Autumnovember|1356545367|3340112 said:
Circe|1356537095|3340011 said:
JewelFreak|1356473353|3339701 said:
Pretty earrings, Elisateach, great present!

Circe -- waiting for pics impatiently.

No bling from DH here, which is ok because I wouldn't have wanted to wear what he chose, oooh, but he's great on books. A biography I've been wanting of William Seward, Sec. of State under Lincoln. And 2 sweaters I mentioned I liked. Plus a Sinta Klaas present -- on 12/6 the Dutch Santa fills your wooden shoes with little gifts -- for lack of sabots, mine had to wait under the tree until Christmas, a traditional chocolate initial, so I got a big L. Beautiful Italian espresso pot from a friend of DH -- chrome with a brass handle, so pretty you could put it in the living room as decor. 3 kinds of yummy dips/spreads from my little sister. And a lovely peaceful day, to be finished off with Greek pastries at the house of some Greek friends an hour from now.

Happy Christmas, all!

--- Laurie

Laurie, your wish is my command - just not Tapatalk's, since I was having the hardest time posting yesterday! On the other hand, it let me play with my new tripod and lightbox some more. I LOVE MY LIGHTBOX. AND I LOVE MY TRIPOD. Gorilla tripods, y'all. Put them on your wishlists for next year. :naughty:

One full-body shot for scale, with my usual diamond pear pendant and a crystal piece I made myself (wanted to try imitating the old-style pendants you see on Lang and such) and my wonderful matryoshka! She opens. The close-up shows the little black-button eyes. I feel like Vassilissa, but blingier. :love:

OMG! I LOOOOOOOVEEEEEE the matryoshka!!!!!! Where is it from?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I've been looking for a good one to wear and haven't found any as beautiful as that (I'm Russian too!)

Sorry, AN, it took me awhile to track down - my friend didn't know the designer, and you get a surprising number of hits when you Google "blingy matryoshka" (not least of all because they can't seem to decide if they want to call them matryoshki or babyoshki or mamashki or what). It looks like it's by Alexander Hamilton Crawford - they don't seem to be making them anymore, but this place looks like it still has some: http://www.settygallery.com/servlet/the-16351/andrew-hamilton-crawford-necklace,/Detail#.UOHEq6yxlEN I have to admit, I'm kind of tempted to get the little colorful blonde one, too!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sakuracherry|1356829551|3342526 said:
MC,
It's rag and bone. I guess I'll only be buying their jeans from now on.

Yay Tacori,
That is very weird. Did your husband purchase from a store or order online?

Ugh, that sucks that they don't make their stuff in the US anymore. I am not even sure stuff that says made in the US always is. It's really confusing.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

tuffyluvr|1356827212|3342502 said:
MC--if your husband won't eat leftovers, consider "repurposing"... My guy doesn't mind if I figure out a different way to serve it--over rice, noodles, make a soup/stew, add dumplings or cornbread casserole or whatever.

Thanks, tuffyluvr. If the food makes for an okay breakfast, DH will eat it. Our food situation is a bit weird. I've run into a problem that I make 3 to 4 dinners a night and spend at least two hours cooking for everyone. One son is OCD and the other refuses to eat what the first does and it is a huge ordeal. I am so sick of cooking. None of them help! I made all of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner by myself while the three guys just sat on the couch. It bugs the crap out of me. Anyway... Ugh!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

MC|1356990563|3343921 said:

Thanks, tuffyluvr. If the food makes for an okay breakfast, DH will eat it. Our food situation is a bit weird. I've run into a problem that I make 3 to 4 dinners a night and spend at least two hours cooking for everyone. One son is OCD and the other refuses to eat what the first does and it is a huge ordeal. I am so sick of cooking. None of them help! I made all of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner by myself while the three guys just sat on the couch. It bugs the crap out of me. Anyway... Ugh!

MC, just a suggestion but have you tried telling your family "This is what I'm making. Take it or leave it and make something else yourself."? I know there are issues you deal with but it seems to me that it's a huge ordeal because you let it be one. Have your children and maybe your husband help out more and maybe they'll see how much work it truly is for you. You shouldn't feel the need to spend that much time in the kitchen.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1356991740|3343955 said:
MC|1356990563|3343921 said:

MC, just a suggestion but have you tried telling your family "This is what I'm making. Take it or leave it and make something else yourself."? I know there are issues you deal with but it seems to me that it's a huge ordeal because you let it be one. Have your children and maybe your husband help out more and maybe they'll see how much work it truly is for you. You shouldn't feel the need to spend that much time in the kitchen.

Yes, they will eat cereal if I don't have the energy. One of my sons has food-related OCD and will only eat organic/natural foods and there is nothing I can do other than hand him a box of natural cereal if he doesn't like what I am making.

I've done things like leave the house for 10 hours and come back and nothing has been done. My kids now have a chore chart and I'm revamping it for 2013. Trying to teach them to do their own laundry. I'm soooo burnt out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love hearing what everyone got!
We were shopping the last 2days (and I'm exhausted!) and we got lots of stuff. Not holiday gifts per se though but gifts to ourselves nonetheless. :bigsmile:

I got 3 coats (2 at Theory & 1@ Andrew Marc) and a few dresses, pants and boots and a pocketbook.. My dh got some boots and shoes and a sweater vest. 10 hours of shopping- well at least we're helping stimulate the economy I hope!
Off to our family's NewYear's Eve celebration. Happy New year everyone!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay|1356726153|3341666 said:
iLander|1356725552|3341653 said:
What did I get, besides a horrible cold?

I finally got my ring (the why isn't it Christmas thread), a bunch of car-related T-shirts and books, a lovely rosewood box and some wheel valve caps for my car.

But my favorite thing: a video game!

There's a sentence I thought I'd never say. :bigsmile:

It's one of those racing games with a steering wheel and peddles. DH knows me too well. Turns out I kind of stink at it, but that's okay, it's fun! I hit everything constantly, I can't quite catch up to the pack, but it's fun!
:D

What is the game of which you speak?!?

I got an emergency car kit, but did not get the 1:43 scale model of Billy Ray from anyone becuase everyone thought someone else had gotten it for me, so I have to order it for myself!

Hi DeeJay! :wavey:

It's a PS3 game system, with the Gran Turismo game, and a Driving Force Wheel. If you want to try it, buy all that from someplace with a good return policy and rent the video game (RedBox maybe?). If you decide you don't like it, you can return.

Have you checked out ebay for Porsche dealer posters? I got one for DH's Carrera, the same year as his, same color, a nice big 30 x 40. Also got the poster frame on ebay. That was an Xmas hit! :appl:

Also check ebay for 1:18's of your car, I found one of my car, same color inside and out. I had to set an ebay email alert for it, and it took about 6 weeks, but sure enough, everything shows up on ebay eventually.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock

Money from my family.
A pair of really squeaky Merrells from my sister-in-law.
Nothing as usual from my husband

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

The gift of time from my family.

I do miss the underwear my Mum used to buy me though...although not as much as I miss her. :blackeye:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Begonia|1357010530|3344713 said:
The gift of time from my family.

I do miss the underwear my Mum used to buy me though...although not as much as I miss her. :blackeye:

awww, (((hugs))) Begonia!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Money from my parents, DH and I are using it for a little mini vacation to Chicago before DH leaves for S Korea for a year. DH got me a few gift cards to the spa, movies, and some of my favorite restaurants to use with family and friends while he is gone. He also got me my snoogle pregnancy pillow-it's amazing. :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had a fabulous Christmas! I got a new robe from Jones of New York in chocolate which I love and a new pair of Ugg slippers in chocolate as well! I got some $$ from hubby too which will be nice for some spring shopping! My daughter and her husband gave me a gift card from Verizon Wireless for the new iphone5 and my son and DIL gave me a generous American Express gift card. Our granddaughter gave us an Outback gift card (love those Bloomin' Onions!) so we will definitely be using that. We also got a couple of beautiful frames with her pictures - just love them! Hubby ordered me a faux fur throw from Frontgate which is on back order but will be perfect - I love to snuggle and read or watch tv. It's in a dark mink color which will be perfect for my favorite chocolate leather loveseat in the morning room where I generally watch tv. I'll be the girl in chocolate but hopefully won't be eating anymore of it as I've definitely had my share this holiday season!

Hubby and I finally made it to Verizon Wireless last night where we both bought iphones and then out to dinner. We were so busy playing with the new phones that it was hard to eat! We managed, however! :lol: Great New Year's Eve as well and Christmas!

I love reading about everyone's gifts - it's like Christmas all over again!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well I think all the gift giving season is over, my birthday was the 30th so I thought I would wait till it was all done.
'
Me and hubby did not exchange gifts this year, but we did buy a new laptop as a combined gift...he got me nothing for my birthday, not even a card...I was not very happy about that :nono:

My son's got me: a new wine opener, a massage thingy that goes on my office chair and a gift card for my kindle :appl:

Family: new sweats (I wear these alot to work in cuz my office is cold!) 2 pairs of silver hooped earrings and a small pair of 14K white gold earrings, candles, socks, a beautiful waterford christmas ornament and then misc odds and ends

So I guess it was a pretty nice Christmas!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

diamondrnglover|1357050335|3344890 said:
Well I think all the gift giving season is over, my birthday was the 30th so I thought I would wait till it was all done.
'
Me and hubby did not exchange gifts this year, but we did buy a new laptop as a combined gift...he got me nothing for my birthday, not even a card...I was not very happy about that :nono:

My son's got me: a new wine opener, a massage thingy that goes on my office chair and a gift card for my kindle :appl:

Family: new sweats (I wear these alot to work in cuz my office is cold!) 2 pairs of silver hooped earrings and a small pair of 14K white gold earrings, candles, socks, a beautiful waterford christmas ornament and then misc odds and ends

So I guess it was a pretty nice Christmas!!
Bad HUBZ! Bad! No card??? No nothing??? Does he WANT to sleep alone? :angryfire:

As for me, I still have yet to receive the Burberry scarf!! Tomorrow is the last day that they have to deliver it and then I get to call and get my money back. This has been such a hassle. Nordstrom is usually so prompt and know what they are doing but telling me they have no idea if it even shipped is pretty unacceptable....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results