YayTacori|1356459754|3339631 said:
canuk-gal said:
HI:

Nothing.

Rosetta--spill about the holiday!

cheers--Shaorn
Sharon! What do you mean nothing???

HI:

Well, when you buy stuff want all year round...it is difficult to hold out for "presents'. Hope you KWIM--not in a greedy way.

I did get some stunning Sea of Cortez pearl earrings from Kojima Pearls --"from my DH" (I found them, he paid...) mid Dec--so that is my "present". Technically not "nothing", just nothing under the tree (cuz I've been wearing them!!)

That said, my Dh was looking for "car" deals for me early this AM, but I don't need a new car. My relatively new one is fine. But who knows...that is the way he rolls.

cheers--Sharon

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: What did you get for Christmas!

A merry Christmas at la casa Circe!

From my husband, a french-cut ruby eternity band and a french-cut diamond eternity band (this is technically a combo gift for our next anniversary, too, but I am good with celebrating it twice!).

From his folks and my folks, cash - theirs went towards a Swedish Christmas brunch at a place called Aquavit, and I'm not sure what we'll do with mine ... if we want to be thematic, something at the Russian Tea Room!

From my best friend, the cutest little matryoshka pendant. I'm going to wear it to pieces, I just know it. :Up_to_something:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Image failed - will try again with a proper shot later!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A projector. I'd been nagging him to set up my TV for the last few weeks, and he has been pissing me off by lagging it. It turns out he had better plans for that empty space! :)) He's going to set it up properly next week, and measure the space it projects on to from a shelf he will build, and make me a white vinyl backdrop. I'm so excited. I don't have cable, so I'm always watching Hulu or Netflix on my laptop. This way, everything on my laptop gets projected huge! I can browse PS baubles at ginormous size!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

i received a T & Co charm enhancer necklace and a Rubedo ring i have been eyeing...but would never spend the $$ on :naughty:

65187_4040098009555_127199685_n.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock

Love the ring, LLC! I like that one, too. I have the Rubedo dangly bar earrings and the small silver and rubedo circles pendant. good stuff!

D

Deactivated member 42515

It's a white Christmas! Snow Enerchi! Snow!!!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1356470160.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1356470176.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

yaytacori- its a nice jacket, not super puffy, but slimming. totally Will post the mint when it's done!

my brother gave me a couple Garfield books and a forgotten realms 3 in 1 book. and I forgot I got myself a couple books about serial killers to replace my encyclopedia of serial killers that I lost.

On London's New kindle- sorry about the typos.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

DS came in late Sat night, actually early Sunday morning from NYC without a gift for me, and when he asked if I had a jewelry wish he could get last minute I said we'll funny you should ask.... So I got the pearl hoops( I had already purchased) and gift certificate for a mani/ pedi.
DH gave me a Nikon cool pix P510 I'm still trying to figure out and in true PS spirit I got ... Electronic digital Calipers, a gem tester and the coolest lighted magnifying tweezers, plus an UV flashlight!
As soon as I get the camera figured out, I will post pictures of my measured and Tested gems! Lol.
Youngest son gave me my front entrance makeover complete with fountain, and my DS and family gave me a new GPS. I am tired of relying on Siri, she never understands me!!
All in all it was a great Christmas here in sunny Florida!

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356472214.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lots of love...and a new iPad touch... (my Generation 1 has been having issues)... So I'm very excited. My daughter got me a beautiful jewelry travel roll that has dragonflies on it...perfect! Very sweet Christmas... Three happy kids! :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Pretty earrings, Elisateach, great present!

Circe -- waiting for pics impatiently.

No bling from DH here, which is ok because I wouldn't have wanted to wear what he chose, oooh, but he's great on books. A biography I've been wanting of William Seward, Sec. of State under Lincoln. And 2 sweaters I mentioned I liked. Plus a Sinta Klaas present -- on 12/6 the Dutch Santa fills your wooden shoes with little gifts -- for lack of sabots, mine had to wait under the tree until Christmas, a traditional chocolate initial, so I got a big L. Beautiful Italian espresso pot from a friend of DH -- chrome with a brass handle, so pretty you could put it in the living room as decor. 3 kinds of yummy dips/spreads from my little sister. And a lovely peaceful day, to be finished off with Greek pastries at the house of some Greek friends an hour from now.

Happy Christmas, all!

--- Laurie

4ever

Ideal_Rock

I'm feeling pretty lucky this year, DH bought me the ipad mini I'm currently browsing on plus lots of smaller gifts, my parents ordered two new pairs of glasses for me which will arrive in the new year (which I'm very grateful for since discovering my eyes can no longer tolerate contacts) and my parents in law gave me a beautiful bag and cookbook!

I also feel really good about all the gifts we gave for Christmas, lots of happy faces!

We had a great Christmas lunch with my extended family including lots of water gun fights with the kids (it's summer here and very hot!) so feeling pretty content and fortunate right now, I hope you are all having/had a great Christmas too!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YayTacori|1356411633|3339462 said:
Rhea|1356400247|3339383 said:
A filter coffee maker! I've been wanting one for a bit but DH has always considered them useless because we have nearly every other type of coffee maker going. I wanted one that I could set a timer for and that keeps coffee warm throughout the day. I'm very excited about it!
You can never have enough coffee makers! You can never have enough coffee! :naughty:

I know, right?! I love your Stitch! I used to have one and seeing yours brought back memories.

I have a few more things now. My dad bought me tools and safety things. My sister bought my tank tops and a book on diamonds. My mom bought me a few games and kitchen gadgets. My husband bought me the above mentioned filter coffee maker.

We don't do a bit Christmas in my house, but it's fun!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Things we have bought that haven't arrived yet:
A new couch (in the color pictured in the link)
Two new ottomans (in the same color as the couch)
A setting for my trillion mint garnet by DanielM - hopefully the CADs will be done soon after Christmas!

Things we haven't bought but are looking for (well, technically for my fiance, but whatever):
A stylish recliner that fits a giant person (he's 6'5" - we looked at the Eames lounge chair but he found it really uncomfortable because it's obviously for people of more normal heights)

From my fiance:
A new car horn (because the Prius's horn is so friendly that no one gets the eff out of the way when I honk, like in my old car)
Art Deco Complete: The Definitive Guide to the Decorative Arts of the 1920s and 1930s by Alastair Duncan

From my parents/Santa:
A breathalyzer (??? Everyone got one in their stocking)
A $25 Amazon gift card so I can buy moooooore Kindle books
Decoding Gender in Science Fiction by Brian Attebury
The Elements of Typographic Style by Robert Bringhurst
Lud-in-the-Mist by Hope Mirrlees
English Grammar: Language as Human Behavior by Anita K Barry
Jewelry: Fundamentals of Metalsmithing by Tim McCreight - I have his Complete Metalsmith book but color pictures are always more fun
A turquoise JCrew pullover sweater
A seafoam green JCrew button up sweater
A dustbuster/handheld vacuum because my last one broke and it is handy for cleaning up after the bunny

From others:
Star Trek The Next Generation pez dispenser set!! from my brother
"Gwen proxy bunny" stuffed animal from one of my friends, for when I am stressed and need to cuddle but my need for cuddling exceeds that which my real rabbit is willing to provide
Northpark Mall gift card from my grandmother
Quilted rabbit easter banner from my future inlaws

From the sky:
SNOOOOOOOW! Iirc, only the third time it's snowed on Christmas in Dallas in my life (and the last time I was out of town)

It looks like I got a ton of stuff from my parents but everyone else got one big thing, I just couldn't think of what I wanted but didn't want to get money (it's what I've gotten from them like the last four Christmases) so sent them an Amazon wishlist. The breathalyzer and sweaters were surprises though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We bought a new house so we didn't exchange gifts this year. We closed on the 20th, moved on the 21st and have been unpacking and setting up things ever since.

chicagohills

Rough_Rock

YayTacori|1356459833|3339633 said:
chicagohills said:
Ultra sonic jewelry cleaner and beautiful silver and glass jewelry box. :appl: My anniversary was on the 18th of December, so I guess I should post pics of my latest piece. :tongue:
Uhhhh yes!!! It's already 7 past overdue!

I've lurked regularly on PS for about 9 or 10 years ( omg, years!) since this is where we came when we were looking for diamonds for my engagement ring. I've added pieces to my little collection since then, but now I'm ready to upgrade my diamond or maybe add a nice 7 stone ring with .5 pointers! Getting excited just thinking about it. Merry Christmas! :wavey:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

DH and I didn't exchange gifts this year, so everything we got was from my MIL and FIL - I got a quesadilla maker, new wine glasses, pajamas, Harry & David truffles, a digital picture frame, a pretty mirror/iron wall frame (not sure how else to describe it), and a cute sign that says "Welcome. We don't drink wine, unless we're alone or with others". I'm a big wine drinker and my MIL knows this. DH got a nice bottle of scotch (Lagavullin 16 year), a punch that makes guitar picks out of pretty much anything, some pajama pants, a propane valve for the grill, and a Maine Coon calendar.

Pretty low key this year. We're doing gifts for each other for our anniversary in February (AND going to Vegas!).

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock

We don't celebrate Christmas, but Santa comes on New Years for us :wink2:

Quite honestly, I'd be SO happy if I got....

wait for it...

a vacuum cleaner.

I'm that lame :lol:. I'll have an e-ring in the relatively near future, so I'm okay without a trinket... but I really NEED a vacuum cleaner lol.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

distracts|1356478199|3339722 said:

Wait, you're an SF geek AND a jewelry-lover AND a metalsmith? Distracts, if you ever come to NYC, consider this an open invitation for coffee.

P.S. - Michael Stackpole wrote an awesome monograph on Mirlees, if you're interested once you read Lud. It's one of my favorites. :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

my hubby bought me .82 and .84 OEC's to make a 3 stone. Also a Nexus 7! It was a very nice Christmas!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Skippy123 said:
my hubby bought me .82 and .84 OEC's to make a 3 stone. Also a Nexus 7! It was a very nice Christmas!
**nice** Christmas, indeed!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Baby bezel diamond studs from FI :) From Diamonds by Lauren. I think they're .35ish tcw? And VS M color?? I feel very lucky to have a FI who likes to gift me jewelry... And also that I have petite earlobes ;-)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1356488292.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1356488358.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Skippy123 said:
Ooooo! Congratulations! Those will no doubt make a stunning three stone with your 2 carat center!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

My DH gave me an iPhone 5, intimate apparel, a very nice robe, YG Hello Kitty bracelet and Yahtzee flash.

Inlaws gave the scoop coffee maker, clothes, $100 in iTunes cards and a diamond tester.

My oldest DS got my a pink otter box case for the phone and a Bluetooth ear bud thingy.

I had a great Christmas and I hope everybody else did too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

tuffyluvr|1356485509|3339756 said:
Baby bezel diamond studs from FI :) From Diamonds by Lauren. I think they're .35ish tcw? And VS M color?? I feel very lucky to have a FI who likes to gift me jewelry... And also that I have petite earlobes ;-)

those are beautiful!!!!! :love:

thank you tuffyluvr and Rosebloom!

Marcy, congrats on the new house!!! :appl:

ELisatech, those are so pretty!!!!

CharmedOne, woohoo for a new phone!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tuffyluvr|1356485509|3339756 said:

They're beautiful and look gorgeous on you! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Skippy! Your diamonds sound gorgeous.

I love seeing what everyone got for Christmas.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

packrat|1356402708|3339401 said:
We've not opened yet, but since I picked them all out I already know. Black Columbia down jacket that has the shiny Omni heat stuff inside, pair of thin super warm gloves, exercise clothes-fitted jacket, 2 prs of pants, 2 prs of capris, 3 short sleeve shirts, 1 long sleeve shirt, pair of compression shorts. And my mint tourm set, whenever that gets done.

I got one of those Columbia jackets as well! I found it at the outlet...it was on sale and sooooo warm and I couldn't resist it! and I agree...it's very slimming. I got the red one.
I also got TOMS boots...also super comfy! ::)

A purple/tan/white/silver zig zag scarf and a gray pashmina scarf
Gray cable knit gloves with fleece lining
Cardigan from American Eagle with bling buttons :bigsmile:
Bento box http://www.amazon.com/Black-Blum-Bento-Box-Lime/dp/B004CLG520/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356496038

and last but not least a T&Co ring from my boyfriend!

Hope everyone had a merry christmas!!!

fleecebotas.png

bento.jpg

_2598.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

My husband and I don't exchange gifts for Christmas.

And honestly, it's been Christmas every day of the year for me for the last 5 years because he has supported me financially 100% while I finished my degrees. I can't imagine wanting him to buy me gifts for Christmas. I've been blessed.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

20 pairs of socks and 2 cans of canned air for the computers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results