shape
carat
color
clarity

What craze have you held out against?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
awww, snuggies are useful, especially in the cold winters here in New England. I thought they looked totally dumb, and refused to buy one before, but given the fact that I read in my recliner a lot and am always adjusting my throw blankets, thought I'd give it a try. Plus I'm always cold.

However, I didn't buy the snuggie because I felt the fabric and wasn't thrilled. I bought a Slanket (don't laugh!). This thing is heavy, super warm and cozy soft. I got the deluxe one from qvc and it's like a furry bear hugging me.

CLICK HERE

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Tattoos, and Harley Davidson motorcycles. I have no wish to own either of those, evah.
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Twitter, Twilight and Harry Potter.

I will NEVER join twitter!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 6:56:33 AM
Author: diamondsrock
awww, snuggies are useful, especially in the cold winters here in New England. I thought they looked totally dumb, and refused to buy one before, but given the fact that I read in my recliner a lot and am always adjusting my throw blankets, thought I'd give it a try. Plus I'm always cold.

However, I didn't buy the snuggie because I felt the fabric and wasn't thrilled. I bought a Slanket (don't laugh!). This thing is heavy, super warm and cozy soft. I got the deluxe one from qvc and it's like a furry bear hugging me.

CLICK HERE
You have answered my Christmas list prayers.

DH brought me snuggie so that I could stay warm and type on "my website" (here...
3.gif
) at the same time, and my plush fleece blanket was getting in the way.
Snuggie: I HATE the fabric. It is so thin and scratchy. Thank you for posting this!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 1:08:25 AM
Author: kittybean
I''m still holding out against:

Wine
Running
Working out
Pilates
Leggings as pants
Chicken
Camping
Avocado
Sushi
Having a Blackberry/iPhone/the Internet on my cell phone
Having ''conversations'' by text
Netflix
Farmer''s markets
Twitter
American football
Bangs
Candles
Shoulder pads (how can they be back?!)
High-waisted pants (same comment as above)
Wearing pajamas in public

I fully embrace:

My navel ring
Tiffany silver
Twilight
Harry Potter
Sookie Stackhouse
Uggs (the knockoff kind)
My iPod
Facebook
Cupcakes
Starbucks
North Face (it is COLD where I''m from!)
Designer handbags
Celebrity gossip
Sudoku
Skinny jeans
Purple as the new black
SCARVES
Sushi is a trend?

I was way ahead of the style curve then!
3.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a gadget person, so no iphone, blackberry, ipod, etc. I stay in touch with my family scattered across Canada via Facebook, but no Myspace or Twitter. Even my cellphone is an old, used thing my brother handed down to me. I don''t have a snuggie (didn''t even know people bought those), don''t wear skinny jeans or leggings (I''m nowhere near overweight but they make me look it
14.gif
) and saw the Twilight movie and was so bored I have no intention of reading the books. I don''t know what Uggs are, and I don''t wear crocs (my back is bad enough as it is...).

I did take part in the HP craze, but I hadn''t heard of the books yet when I started reading them. I do love sushi and yoga. Overall though, I''m not a "trendy" sort of person!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Avoided:

Harry Potter
Twilight
Abercrombie&Fitch, Hollister, etc.
MySpace
Twitter
Friends - I''ve never seen a full episode!
23.gif

Leggings
Skinny jeans
Fakey nails that are squared off
14.gif

Uggs
Two-tone hair color
White gold
Platinum

Caved:

I LOVE MY SNUGGIE!!
30.gif

Facebook
Texting
Coach
MAC makeup
13.gif

Upgrading
Yellow gold
Family Guy
King of the Hill
Ideal-cut diamonds

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
tattoos and crocs

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
YES:
-iPhone
-Facebook (and I used to have a Myspace)

NO:
-Snuggie (BF has one though, so techincally, there''s a Snuggie in my house lol)
-Harry Potter/Twilight/etc.
-Leggings/tights as pants
-ED HARDY - no thanks!!!
-Uggs
-Crocs
-Boat shoes
-Skinny jeans
-Purse dogs
-College (hehe)
-Tramp stamp
-Bangs

I could probably go on forever with the "No" section ...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
DSS - I have never had DSS. I do not have a finger coverage craze in any way. 2.71 carats is plenty big. Plenty big. I don''t have it in my ears either - .5ctw are just perfect for me :)

I would however like MORE diamonds and some of those could be bigger (or not - I''m not too picky)
31.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
more to NOs add: tattoos and fake nails.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I say ''NO WAY!'' to:

CROCS
Fake nails
double/tripple/quadruple ear piercings
Bags by: Louis Vuitton, Coach or any bags with little designer patterns
TEXTING!!!
Twitter
Big ugly eyeglasses from the 90''s that made their way back thanks to JayZ and Kanye West
Haircuts that are short in the back and long in the front
Starbucks and anything soy-mocha-frap-caramel-ccino (Im a DDonuts reg coffee kind of girl)
Laser hair removal
32.gif

The show LOST (can''t see the appeal)
Splenda
Diet Soda (reg CocaCola for me)
Egg Whites
This Vegan nonsense (even vegetarian is a stretch for me)
Whole Foods (I am done, DONE!, with them
29.gif
steal MY money...)

caved:
skinny jeans, ballet flats, leggings, UGGS (will never part with these for as long as I live in a cold climate), bangs, Sex & The City, Blackberry, FACEBOOK (unfortunately)...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2009 10:50:34 AM
Author: Bia
Splenda
Egg Whites
agree, they''re missing out on the yummy junk foods.
18.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say ''NO WAY!'' to:

CROCS
Fake nails
TEXTING!!!
Twitter
Big ugly eyeglasses from the 90''s that made their way back thanks to JayZ and Kanye West
Starbucks and anything soy-mocha-frap-caramel-ccino (Im a DDonuts reg coffee kind of girl)
Laser hair removal
32.gif

Splenda
Egg Whites
29.gif
steal MY money...)

caved:
skinny jeans, ballet flats, leggings, UGGS (will never part with these for as long as I live in a cold climate), bangs, Sex & The City, Blackberry, FACEBOOK (unfortunately)...
We are breaking up.

Also --- Ok, the legging thing... Thing2 said they''re out of style? I see them everywhere still! Why wont they go away?! Thats all I ever see in stores and I have trouble finding shirts that arent intended to be worn with leggings! What is supposed to be replacing them and WHEN can I expect to see it?!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
don't be a legging hater. sometimes it's all us preggos can comfortably wear.
3.gif

i have two pairs.
9.gif

add me to the 'i am holding out on this stupid twilight thing' and THEN figuring i'd just read the book for kicks since my friend had the series. umm yeah. even though the writing itself is not fabulous, i mowed through all the books in like 2 weeks.
5.gif
that said, you won't find me with a button noting whose camp i'm in hehe.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 11:03:11 AM
Author: elledizzy5

I say ''NO WAY!'' to:

CROCS
Fake nails
TEXTING!!!
Twitter
Laser hair removal
32.gif

Splenda
Egg Whites
29.gif
steal MY money...)

caved:
We are breaking up.

Also --- Ok, the legging thing... Thing2 said they''re out of style? I see them everywhere still! Why wont they go away?! Thats all I ever see in stores and I have trouble finding shirts that arent intended to be worn with leggings! What is supposed to be replacing them and WHEN can I expect to see it?!
Hey!
29.gif
You''d dump me over texting? I caved on FB for you!

With all due respect Thing (and Elle
11.gif
) I happen to really like leggings in the fall...they are comfortable and easy to wear. I''m no fashionista but I see them all over the place and I live in NYC - isn''t that the fashion capital of the world?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 11:11:52 AM

Date: 11/10/2009 11:03:11 AM

I say ''NO WAY!'' to:

CROCS
Fake nails
TEXTING!!!
Twitter
Laser hair removal
32.gif

Splenda
Egg Whites
29.gif
steal MY money...)

caved:
We are breaking up.

Hey!
29.gif
You''d dump me over texting? I caved on FB for you!

With all due respect Thing (and Elle
11.gif
) I happen to really like leggings in the fall...they are comfortable and easy to wear. I''m no fashionista but I see them all over the place and I live in NYC - isn''t that the fashion capital of the world?
Ok. Ok. We can work it out.
2.gif

Its not that leggings dont *look* cute.. it''s just that i feel too old to wear them, and I cant find shirts to go with just plain old jeans!

Oh - and what the heck are you supposed to wear the thigh-high boots with that are coming out? So confused.
33.gif

I''m a fashion nightmare.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I held out on Twilight for quite a while. I''m not a big fan, but I did devour the books when I read them. Pretty awful, but they''re like candy for me. I think I can resist, and suddenly I''ve plowed through them and there''s nothing left around me except wrappers. Oops.

I also resisted Uggs, but they''re just. so. warm. My dad bought me a pair and I live in them in the winter. They are most definitely NOT an accessory, though. They''re hideous.

I have not given in to:
Ed Hardy (the "tough" version of Lisa Frank? No thank you)
leggings as pants (under a dress = not awful, under a short tunic = what the heck are you thinking? Preggos get a by from me though. If you''re making a person, fashion doesn''t matter, comfort does!)
Neon skinny jeans
Emo hair (long, shaggy and unwashed with heavy bangs that cover your eyes and need to be adjusted every 30 seconds)
Crocs
Video games. I like Wiis and their games, but not really enough to buy one.
Pandora bracelets
A&F/Hollister

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 11:22:54 AM
Author: princesss
I held out on Twilight for quite a while. I''m not a big fan, but I did devour the books when I read them. Pretty awful, but they''re like candy for me. I think I can resist, and suddenly I''ve plowed through them and there''s nothing left around me except wrappers. Oops.

I also resisted Uggs, but they''re just. so. warm. My dad bought me a pair and I live in them in the winter. They are most definitely NOT an accessory, though. They''re hideous.

I have not given in to:
Ed Hardy (the ''tough'' version of Lisa Frank? No thank you)
leggings as pants (under a dress = not awful, under a short tunic = what the heck are you thinking? Preggos get a by from me though. If you''re making a person, fashion doesn''t matter, comfort does!)
Neon skinny jeans
Emo hair (long, shaggy and unwashed with heavy bangs that cover your eyes and need to be adjusted every 30 seconds)
Crocs
Video games. I like Wiis and their games, but not really enough to buy one.
Pandora bracelets
A&F/Hollister
agreed.

What''s a pandora bracelet?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 11:22:54 AM
Author: princesss

bwahaha! That''s why I haven''t bought any, but I am slipping down that slippery slope. Thanks for giving me permission for leggings
9.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
YES! To all those who chimed in with me about the leggings - I can't stand them when worn as pants. Worn as a warmer version of tights - go for it. As pants....save the spandex for the gym, m'kay?? Though, after seeing them worn as pants waaaaaaay too often around here, I've grown to dislike them in basically all forms. That makes me sad, because there are many dress/skirt leggings outfits I would have found super cute in the past.
15.gif

ETA: Preggos get a free leggings/comfort pass!! Really, the only thing preggos can do to annoy me is wear something for fashion's sake that is obviously ridiculously uncomfortable. Like 4" heels to walk around town when looking 8 months pregnant. Yes, I've seen it.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Never had
two different colors of hair
anything with the brand across it like Hollister or A&F, Juicy, PINK, Lacoste...
designer bags with the logo emblazed on it
fake suntan
designs painted on my nails
my colored bra be an accessory to my outfit
bluetooth
denim skirt and fuzzy boots
hair extensions
done the soulja boy dance
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re spandex on display. i don't care how good your body is... that is just all types of WRONG. remember spandex shorts?

greg wears this unitard spandex thing for his rowing meets and while he is in great shape so he looks fine, i just crack up everytime i see him. he is like 'i am so sexy' and i think... that looks like the worst fashion faux paux ever!!!

ladyciel, one of my friends is 9 months and she is still wearing her heels and somehow she makes them work and she says her balance is fine. me...not so much.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 5:32:25 PM
Author: Haven
Skippy--You are missing out! I love my Snuggie. It has revolutionized my comfort level while reading in bed at night. My entire life I''ve suffered from cold reading arms, but no more! Now I have my Snuggie!

Anyway, I''ve resisted Twitter. I''ve never even seen it, but it sounds like it''s composed entirely of the most annoying part of Facebook (status updates) so I''m not interested.

I feel like I hop on far fewer craze bandwagons the older I get.
Really? A snuggie? I hear they gather a lot of static electricity. True? I kind of think they make people look like wizards and I don''t know if I can do it!!!

There''s a piece of me that''s curious as to what all the hype about Twitter is and I have to admit, I don''t think I get it. At all. I''m resisting even looking into it.

I''ve never been one to buy into fads/crazes. I honestly can''t think of a single one I''ve bought into right now. I''m sure there''s some dark secret lurking in my past that I''m blocking out and I''d probably be horrified if I remembered what I was into at the time, but for now, it''s a big fat zero.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 10:18:27 PM
Author: MishB
Pandora bracelets, they are supposedly uber-popular, but I don't know anyone who owns one, I don't think I've ever seen one outside of a store. Who is buying all these beads/bracelets?
I keep seeing commercial and billboards for these things and still can't figure out what they really are or why I should want one.

WOW there is a lot of hate for Uggs in here
32.gif

I finally got my first pair this year and they are the BEST BOOTS EVER. I wear them under my jeans. They are SO comfortable, I think of it as like, wearing my pj's out in public. I'm looking into getting my 2nd pair too.

Also, my Macbook Pro, iMac and iPhone and iPods are the best gadgets I own. I loooove them. And I love how well they "speak" to each other. Throw in MobileMe and I'm set.. :D :D

Twilight? Gimmie more. (Team Edward
4.gif
)

Tattoos? Yes please!

Facebook? Add me!

Round brilliant? Wanna see mine?

Northface? So warm!!

The thing is, is that these things got popular for a reason (they're pretty awesome IMO). I like them because of the awesome-ness and not the "such-and-such person has these! I must have it/them!"

But I will say, I'd rather die than be caught dead in A&F. What are we 14?
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Are we trying to impress jr high kids now? ADULTS that wear A&F crack me up.. mostly men though. My brother used to work for A&F and now he's... uh... 22 and still wears some of their stuff. Oh YEAH.. THAT looks classy, maybe you and your 12 year old brother can match too.
17.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha while i don''t like A&F...i do admit to an unholy love of AE. their stuff fits me so well, esp their sweaters (i have really long arms) and they are so basic and CHEAP and yet they last for seasons! and you can always find a coupon online.
3.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 9:56:59 AM

Date: 11/10/2009 1:08:25 AM
Author: kittybean
I''m still holding out against:

Wine
Running
Working out
Pilates
Leggings as pants
Chicken
Camping
Avocado
Sushi
Having a Blackberry/iPhone/the Internet on my cell phone
Having ''conversations'' by text
Netflix
Farmer''s markets
Twitter
American football
Bangs
Candles
Shoulder pads (how can they be back?!)
High-waisted pants (same comment as above)
Wearing pajamas in public

I fully embrace:

My navel ring
Tiffany silver
Twilight
Harry Potter
Sookie Stackhouse
Uggs (the knockoff kind)
My iPod
Facebook
Cupcakes
Starbucks
North Face (it is COLD where I''m from!)
Designer handbags
Celebrity gossip
Sudoku
Skinny jeans
Purple as the new black
SCARVES
Sushi is a trend?

I was way ahead of the style curve then!
3.gif
Sushi is definitely a trend (but I think it''s here to stay, sadly for me). It used to be that I didn''t have people asking me all the time to go eat raw fish with them--now it''s the cool thing to eat. I refuse to jump on the sushi train
9.gif
! I like my fish cooked and without seaweed or wasabe or other uncooked sea creatures.

That''s the funny thing, I don''t feel the same way about AE that I do about A&F
9.gif
Werid, I know. I think I actually am used to seeing 20-somethings wear AE than A&F..

Here is a side note about A&F.. when my brother worked for them in the spring/summer seasons they were not allowed to wear shoes. THEY HAD TO WEAR FLIP-FLOPS. It was mandatory. Guess how much he got paid to work as a SA... $6.15. Now, is a discount on the clothing worth it when you need to work forever to even make-up for what you buy there?
5.gif
(I will admit, I did once own a pair of flip flops from A&F-- They were $40 and I got them for $25 I believe, with the discount. I loved those soooo much. But the love stopped there
25.gif
)

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Wearing anything that says "Juicy" on my butt.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results