shape
carat
color
clarity

What craze have you held out against?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 10:50:34 AM
Author: Bia
I say ''NO WAY!'' to:

CROCS
Fake nails
double/tripple/quadruple ear piercings
Bags by: Louis Vuitton, Coach or any bags with little designer patterns
TEXTING!!!
Twitter
Big ugly eyeglasses from the 90''s that made their way back thanks to JayZ and Kanye West
Haircuts that are short in the back and long in the front
Starbucks and anything soy-mocha-frap-caramel-ccino (Im a DDonuts reg coffee kind of girl)
Laser hair removal
32.gif

The show LOST (can''t see the appeal)
Splenda
Diet Soda (reg CocaCola for me)
Egg Whites
This Vegan nonsense (even vegetarian is a stretch for me)
Whole Foods (I am done, DONE!, with them
29.gif
steal MY money...)

caved:
skinny jeans, ballet flats, leggings, UGGS (will never part with these for as long as I live in a cold climate), bangs, Sex & The City, Blackberry, FACEBOOK (unfortunately)...
Ditto to the NO WAYS plus:

fake hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake anything!! Facebook, Myspace - all of those social networking sites!

I''d better go now before I start ranting like a crazy old woman
9.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
YAY to:

facebook
salsa
diamonds
9.gif

nintendo ds
ipod
iphone

NAY to:

uggs
tatoos
tongue piercings
butt hanging out jeans
80s shoulder pads
leg warmers

2.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
sjp1-1.jpg

She''s wearing cloven hooves?? My mother says the modern fashion designs are "gays making fun of women." She might be right, LOL!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
I''ve just come back to this thread...

WHAT the H.E. double hockey sticks is SJP wearing?

She''s got a severe case of camel toe ...albeit on her feet...guess it''s better than having it somewhere else *shrugs*
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 3:31:56 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 11/10/2009 3:29:49 PM
Author: elledizzy5
I have no idea why people are so against snuggies!

Its a blanket that lets you use your arms! What could be bad about that?? It''s not a fashion statement.

I <3 my snuggie, but am seriously looking into a Slanket now!
what''s a SLANKET?!

where am I that I don''t know what anything is?

eta: Probably because it was a.) found on an infomercial, and b.) it''s called a ''snuggie.''
Coincidentally, the Slanket was the original Snuggie - but Snuggie mass marketed the hell out of their product and thus, no one knows what a Slanket is any longer.

I think I bought my Slankets sometime in 2006.
3.gif
Mine''s brown, and I look like a Jedi when I''m wearing it like a robe with a train.
9.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
To all those who have written negatively about Twilight, I couldn''t agree with you more.

Nothing about that book sends a good message to teenage girls...or adult women, for that matter. The books are incredibly poorly written, especially the second and third books, and the only reason I continued to read the series was to finish what I had started.

I agree with whoever said the whole werewolf imprinting thing was weird. I don''t know if weird even comes CLOSE to describing how deeply disturbing the concept is. "Hello, infant girl. When you''re old enough, you will be my wife, and until then, I will watch over you like a father-figure"...**Shivers**

I could go on for days about everything wrong with these books, but in the interest of getting something actually accomplished at work today, I''ll refrain.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
The biggest problem *I* have with the Twilight series is the crap writing. I usually say I don't care what my students read as long as they are reading, but I honestly think that prolonged exposure to that writing is detrimental to their own development as readers and writers.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 12:09:22 PM
Author: Haven
The biggest problem *I* have with the Twilight series is the crap writing. I usually say I don''t care what my students read as long as they are reading, but I honestly think that prolonged exposure to that writing is detrimental to their own development as readers and writers.
I know several writers, avid readers, and educators that would agree with you completely.

In SM''s defense, she did create some very interesting characters in terms of personality (aside from Bella and Edward) and ability. It''s a shame she didn''t have the writing ability to back it up, because I think some really great things could have been done with the rest of the Cullens.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 12:11:55 PM
Author: vc10um

The biggest problem *I* have with the Twilight series is the crap writing. I usually say I don''t care what my students read as long as they are reading, but I honestly think that prolonged exposure to that writing is detrimental to their own development as readers and writers.

I know several writers, avid readers, and educators that would agree with you completely.

In SM''s defense, she did create some very interesting characters in terms of personality (aside from Bella and Edward) and ability. It''s a shame she didn''t have the writing ability to back it up, because I think some really great things could have been done with the rest of the Cullens.

Wow, I didn''t even think of that! but now that you mention it, the whole vampire turned medical doctor plot could have been much more interesting. So much conflict for a character to go through and grow from...

if only, right?
25.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have no snuggie... I think they are ridiculous
I don''t own uggs.... I never will own uggs.
I no longer have a facebook or myspace b/c of what they do to your time management. They''re ridiculously addicting.
I don''t own crocs. I''m pretty sure crocs are the ugliest thing ever designed.
high top sneakers
iphones

I will openly admit:

I love Harry Potter.
I love Edward Cullen.
I loved the Twilight movie
I love the Twilight books
I liked hanson
I liked backstreet boys
5.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 12:19:44 PM
Author: kas baby

Wow, I didn''t even think of that! but now that you mention it, the whole vampire turned medical doctor plot could have been much more interesting. So much conflict for a character to go through and grow from...

if only, right?
25.gif

Ditto this! Carlisle was one of my favorite characters. I wish there had been more about him.

Ihe first time I read the books, I inhaled them in about a weeks time and was totally sucked in. Now that the second movie is coming out (and dammit, yes, I am going to the midnight showing - bought tickets two months ago!), I re-read them...and they kind of suck. I was pissed off at Edward all through the third book with all his stalking and "orders". Jesus Christ, Bella, get a spine!

I''m hoping they tone down that part of it in the third movie, cause as deliciously bad as the first movie was, I liked it better than the book.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to stop reading this thread because I'm taking personal offense to everyone who makes fun of the snuggies.
20.gif

ITS A BLANKET WITH SLEEVES!!!! HOW is that NOT AWESOME?!?!
33.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 12:26:53 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

if only, right?
25.gif

Ditto this! Carlisle was one of my favorite characters. I wish there had been more about him.

Ihe first time I read the books, I inhaled them in about a weeks time and was totally sucked in. Now that the second movie is coming out (and dammit, yes, I am going to the midnight showing - bought tickets two months ago!), I re-read them...and they kind of suck. I was pissed off at Edward all through the third book with all his stalking and ''orders''. Jesus Christ, Bella, get a spine!

I''m hoping they tone down that part of it in the third movie, cause as deliciously bad as the first movie was, I liked it better than the book.
Okay...shameless plug, kasbaby and MP. One of my very good friends is a fantastic writer and has also fallen in lurve with Carlisle. She has taken to writing Fan Fiction (FanFic) and has written New Moon from the Cullen''s perspective: read...NO ANNOYING BELLA. Odd chapters are narrated by Carlisle and evens by Edward. They are SO MUCH BETTER imho than anything SM ever wrote. If you''re interested, she''s nearly done...she posts chapter by chapter and I believe there are only 2 or 3 remaining. You can find the story here: Ithaca is Gorges.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
add me to the people who wanted Bella to get a spine...esp in the first and second books. in the first i was so tired of hearing how fabulous he was, and how lame she was (in her mind) and then in the 2nd she goes off and tries to destroy her life so she can just hear his voice in her head? CRAZY much??? the third and fourth were better IMO and i liked that they moved at a much faster pace, but the writing was still not the best.

in the movie, it seemed like she wasn't such a self-hater, which i liked better than the books.

that said, my biggest issue with the snuggie is that its SCRATCHY cheapo polyestery material. how is that comfy?

someone should make a cashmere snuggie. snugmere? or chenille. i might try that.

princesss

Ideal_Rock

if only, right?
25.gif
+1 to all of the above. Crap writing, interesting secondary characters, and would love somebody with skill to write about a vampire-turned-doctor.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 1:33:56 PM
Author: Mara
add me to the people who wanted Bella to get a spine...esp in the first and second books. in the first i was so tired of hearing how fabulous he was, and how lame she was (in her mind) and then in the 2nd she goes off and tries to destroy her life so she can just hear his voice in her head? CRAZY much??? the third and fourth were better IMO and i liked that they moved at a much faster pace, but the writing was still not the best.

in the movie, it seemed like she wasn't such a self-hater, which i liked better than the books.

that said, my biggest issue with the snuggie is that its SCRATCHY cheapo polyestery material. how is that comfy?

someone should make a cashmere snuggie. snugmere? or chenille. i might try that.
Really??! I don't have an original Snuggie, I have some kinda knock-off, so I didn't know that about them. The one I have was a gift and it is made from the softest, most wonderful and comfy CHENILLE fabric, ever! Certainly not SKWATCHY by ANY means!!!
36.gif

So - snuggie haters, look around at the alternate brands!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get with the Twilight craze for various reasons, one of which is because I have a deep enjoyment for the tradition of Vampire Lore in literature. Edgar Allen Poe, Brahm Stoker, Byron, Alexander Dumas, and Anne Rice, all great authors that produced some rich vampire tales. I read the first few chapters of Twilight and it just couldn't compare. In fact, I wanted to cry a little. Just bad writing in my opinion.

What's frustrating though, is I hear the author also writes books meant for adult audiences, and they are quite good. Makes me wonder if she purposely writes differently for her tweeny audience of Twilight.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Procreation (I still don''t see the incentive)
2.gif

Bezels

Halos (though I''m warming up to them)

Icy White Diamonds. No, seriously. I never the appeal of diamonds graded G and higher.

I loooooove warm and colored diamonds.
30.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m useless at most trends and crazes... but...

I do have a Blackberry (work), an ipod (present from DH) and a Facebook account (but I don''t use any applications or ''poke'' people etc).

Fashion trends in clothing aren''t my thing. I''ve been wearing fitted polo-necks, boot-cut jeans (solid dark colours only) for as long as I can remember. 99% of my shoes/boots come from Clarks, I don''t ever wear pointy shoes or vertiginous or stiletto heels, I even buy 2 or 3 pairs of the same shoes or boots if I find some I really like so they will last me for years.

However, I was a huge Harry Potter fan and ordered the books in advance. Also go to see all the films - the only date DH and I have gone on since Daisy was born where we have left her with a sitter was to see the latest HP film.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Skinny jeans. My body type is a lot like Scarlett Johanson''s - they would not be a good look for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results