shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the Color Club is harder to track down, the OPI Check Out the Old Geysirs from last year's fall collection is the same color. OPI also has another similar polish called I Can Never Hut Up from the Fiji collection, but with green shimmer instead of blue.

Ah you're awesome @Cockatiel, thank you!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_6014.jpg Zoya Delia, day four. Looks like I just put it on. My pics aren't great, but this polish is. It felt like it wouldn't LET me make a mistake putting it on, haha
That's such a pretty color! I love Zoya cremes, they are so easy to use.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OPI. Is Mai Tai Crooked? Thin formula that needs 3 very carefully floated coats. I need to find a better orange.
IMG_20180820_085216.jpg

OMG baby monster! I did my nails yesterday and that's what I'm wearing!!! And yes I did need 3 coats and still I have streaks. I was thinking this color should be a two coater easily!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like this type of orange though always seem to have not so great formulas. I am thinking of Where Did Suzi's Man-go and Crawifishin for Complememts and they all were 3 coaters for me...
IMG_20180819_141928.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG baby monster! I did my nails yesterday and that's what I'm wearing!!! And yes I did need 3 coats and still I have streaks. I was thinking this color should be a two coater easily!
Heehee Jinx:lol-2:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like this type of orange though always seem to have not so great formulas. I am thinking of Where Did Suzi's Man-go and Crawifishin for Complememts and they all were 3 coaters for me...
IMG_20180819_141928.jpg
I'm thinking it has to be an indie to get a better formula.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't been around since I chopped my nails off after a load of breakages. I didn't really bother with them for a while. I tried my new magnetic one called Magneto but it was really hot here and it seemed to have gone gloopy and I couldn't apply it neatly. Let alone get the magnetic effect to work very well. Must try that again soon.

This one was quite nice - Le Freak by Ard As Nails UK IMG_3807.JPG

Then Space by Prism Polish UK
IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG IMG_4261.JPG

And Power (magnetic) from Prism Polish UK
39515277_10155866063453435_7690057510908067840_n.jpg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This week I'm wearing POP Polish - Slick and Flirty. Waiting for the arrival of more of her Pastel Slick collection because it was sold out from my UK stockist on the same day.
I'm trialling a more oval shape rather than squared off but I don't know which I prefer. (I know it's not an even curve at the moment).

39616890_10155866038658435_414367153249058816_n.jpg 39622213_10155866038668435_6483493711610118144_n.jpg

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cut my nails short a few weeks ago, too. They were so damaged. I've been using CND RescueRXX and Essie's Love, Treat, Shine line, with Essie's gel top coat, and I think it's finally starting to show some positive results. I'm sure I've shared a picture of this sheer color, but now it's with healthier nails. 20180820_112001.jpg

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I cut my nails short a few weeks ago, too. They were so damaged. I've been using CND RescueRXX and Essie's Love, Treat, Shine line, with Essie's gel top coat, and I think it's finally starting to show some positive results. I'm sure I've shared a picture of this sheer color, but now it's with healthier nails. 20180820_112001.jpg
Looks very nice! Do you ever notice with the Essie whether you get yellowing of the tips? I noticed nail hardeners like Nail Envy or Duri Rejuvacote will over time turn my tips yellow. Extreme pet peeve of mine! I alternate between months or even years of no polish at all vs. polished nails 24/7. When I don't wear anything on the nails the tips are super white, but when I use nail hardners containing formaldehyde or formaldehyde resin (and no colored polish), the tips turn yellow! I wonder if anybody else noticed that.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@baby monster
I just removed Is Mai Tai Crooked and it stained the nails pretty bad! The half moons are definately orange now even after multiple scrubbing rounds. The tips are definately yellooooooow now. I used Nail Envy x2 coats and Orly in a Snap topcoat. I don't remember if this polished used to stain before. Let me know please whether it stained you after removal! I think it might be just the crap basecoat. I hate Nail Envy. I actually hate both the base coat and the top coat I used.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@baby monster
I just removed Is Mai Tai Crooked and it stained the nails pretty bad! The half moons are definately orange now even after multiple scrubbing rounds. The tips are definately yellooooooow now. I used Nail Envy x2 coats and Orly in a Snap topcoat. I don't remember if this polished used to stain before. Let me know please whether it stained you after removal! I think it might be just the crap basecoat. I hate Nail Envy. I actually hate both the base coat and the top coat I used.
Will do.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very nice! Do you ever notice with the Essie whether you get yellowing of the tips? I noticed nail hardeners like Nail Envy or Duri Rejuvacote will over time turn my tips yellow. Extreme pet peeve of mine! I alternate between months or even years of no polish at all vs. polished nails 24/7. When I don't wear anything on the nails the tips are super white, but when I use nail hardners containing formaldehyde or formaldehyde resin (and no colored polish), the tips turn yellow! I wonder if anybody else noticed that.

@Cockatiel
I haven't noticed yellowing on my fingers, but polish rarely lasts more than a few days for me, and I favor lighter colors, so I don't know if either of those things plays into the lack of yellowing. I do see some yellowing on my toes, where I am more likely to use darker colors, and sometimes I do have some yellowing. On my toes, I tend to use the SH Miracle Gel line.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've got the CND Luxe on... and the jury is still out... First of all, my bad: I didn't realize it was metallic, which I find to be unforgiving in terms of streaking and showing every little imperfection. If I do order any more of these I've got to be sure they aren't metallic. The polish is indeed more flexible than the Opi that I usually use. Not sure how I feel about that... Giving it a try though, and will likely wear this for a two or three manis in a row because I do want to give it a fair shake. Plus I'm very curious about the removal process.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
It’s an organic brand. Supposedly has no formaldehyde.
It stays on great. I’m hard on polish, and this stuff stays on for a week!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Zoya!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@baby monster
Took it off today and had a bit of staining in the middle of the nail - sort of a tinted oval. I had Formula Xbase coat.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm five days in with the new Luxe and I'm not loving it at all. Aside from the unforgiving metallic, the tips are wearing, and it's super soft, resulting in me having had to cut back a few nails this week due to the nail itself getting split/chipped. Too bad because I really wanted to love this stuff, but given the much harder and more robust Opi and other traditional gels it's worth it to me to take a few extra minutes to get it off.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 8 year old daughter & I had a “French mani” day, today!! I did her nails & she did mine!! Not bad, kid!!! :bigsmile: 8D96ACE5-6D6B-4AB3-9A5D-97A6A1D79A8C.jpeg

She wanted some color:
5F871D97-CDA0-430F-BB3C-D219D8614A2A.jpeg

I should add what we used...lol!!
E2D7192C-E5D5-4C40-BDE1-8F9FFA02A479.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results