shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180717_210453.jpg Essie Gel Couture Princess Charming. a dusty pink.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just thought I'd share that I noticed this morning how different the color looks in the daylight 20180718_083832.jpg 20180718_083823.jpg

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
LOVE that blurple, Cockatiel!!
OK, be kind about my painting skills . . .
My two most recent manicures. IMG_5406.jpg

This was OPI Hawaiian Orchid, at the airport on the way to Maui, lol. Lasted really well on the trip actually.

IMG_5883.jpg
And this is OPI Cozumel-ted in the Sun. Really fun for July! I usually just do straight up cremes, but this is such an interesting color, kind of bronze, kind of pink, with tiny micro-glitter.
What is the difference, btw, between the old dreaded "frost" finish that people find so dated and the new "shimmers"? Do they really look so different in person?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frosty finish is typically brush-strokey. It's shimmer but usually white and in larger particles. Modern shimmer comes in different colors with smaller particles. It's better weighted in the base so applies more evenly with minimal brushstrokes.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
China Glaze Don't Mesa with My Heart

IMG_20180721_144028.jpg
IMG_20180721_130917.jpg

Please excuse the sloppy application I only intend to wear it for two days so I slathered on my coats rather carelessly.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FA1DC838-CC0C-4724-964F-D58C86F8DF2C.jpeg

What’s better than this for at-home cuticle care? I’ve been using it for years, and it works fine. Just wondered if there’s something better out there that I don’t know about!

I go for professional manis about once every two months or so—not often. So I like an at-home remedy that doesn’t involve sharp objects! :eek2:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

What’s better than this for at-home cuticle care? I’ve been using it for years, and it works fine. Just wondered if there’s something better out there that I don’t know about!

I go for professional manis about once every two months or so—not often. So I like an at-home remedy that doesn’t involve sharp objects! :eek2:

My daughter is a nail tech and she taught me how to do a manicure and apply gel polish. I am getting quite good at it now but the whole cuticle business freaks me out!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Just got me wondering, do most people use cuticle softener only or the nipper as well? I have both cuticle removers mentioned plus some random cream removers, but I don't feel like they actually remove cuticles until I actually nip the cuticles. So yeah I always nip the cuticles if I am painting w colored polish. o_O

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got me wondering, do most people use cuticle softener only or the nipper as well? I have both cuticle removers mentioned plus some random cream removers, but I don't feel like they actually remove cuticles until I actually nip the cuticles. So yeah I always nip the cuticles if I am painting w colored polish. o_O

I use a softener and push the cuticle back, but I don't nip them unless there's something egregious going on there (or a hangnail).

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh that China Glaze pink gave me yellow staining. The blue stained a little but the pink was worse. I filed down a lot of free edge bc the thing that I hate the most to see is less than pristine white unpainted tips!
IMG_20180725_162825.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use a softener and push the cuticle back, but I don't nip them unless there's something egregious going on there (or a hangnail).

I do the same as DeeJay. Some days I do better than others, which I'm sure is clear in my pictures. But, I'm afraid of the clippers.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do the same as DeeJay. Some days I do better than others, which I'm sure is clear in my pictures. But, I'm afraid of the clippers.

Lol I am the weird one that loves to cut the cuticles. It's like my pastime or something.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_5914.jpg Essie Pret-a-Surfer. I love, love, love blues. I think my painting is getting a little better!
And about the cuticle question -- I use oils and push them back. Sometimes the cuticle remover -- but I never clip! I used to and always made a mess! My cuticles are now the nicest they have ever been because of using cuticle oil 2-3 x a day.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I looked at swatches of the China Glaze fall collection. I get so excited for fall collections because I love the fall color palette so much. The China Glaze collection looks to be more varied than the OPI one, with different finishes and more different colors. There is a muatard yellow polish I am gonna get because I love "ugly" colors like that.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at swatches of the China Glaze fall collection. I get so excited for fall collections because I love the fall color palette so much. The China Glaze collection looks to be more varied than the OPI one, with different finishes and more different colors. There is a muatard yellow polish I am gonna get because I love "ugly" colors like that.
It does look nice. I may buy a couple of colors from this one. I was also looking at their Halloween collections and the black holo looks nice. Or I can just put a holo topper on a black polish;)2.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CND is coming out with Shellac Luxe line which promises gel wear with 60 second removal. This is targeted to everyone who hates soaking off and then scraping off gel polish. https://cnd.com/cnd-shellac-luxe/

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CND is coming out with Shellac Luxe line which promises gel wear with 60 second removal. This is targeted to everyone who hates soaking off and then scraping off gel polish. https://cnd.com/cnd-shellac-luxe/

Interesting. Removal is the part I hate the most when it comes to anything....polish...gel...glitter..!!!

I think I am getting the mustard yellow and maybe a flakie from the China Glaze. However I sometimes end up buying unnecessarily if I find them discounted even if I don't like them much. I didn't even like Lisbon OPI and I now have 6 out of 12 polishes already simply because Marshalls had the whole collection...bad me! I just wanted the metallic red and possibly the peach one but ended up getting the off whites and pinks too.

coffeedonutcake

Rough_Rock
oh wow I'm super tempted to try it! I do my gel nails at home now because how easy the application is and I get to save a bunch of money. But I absolutely hate the removal process! I use the double boiler way to remove gel polish, which is easier than aluminum foil wraps. But it still sucks...

If there is a gel nail polish that last 2 weeks and only requires 60 seconds to remove, I'm in!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow I'm super tempted to try it! I do my gel nails at home now because how easy the application is and I get to save a bunch of money. But I absolutely hate the removal process! I use the double boiler way to remove gel polish, which is easier than aluminum foil wraps. But it still sucks...

If there is a gel nail polish that last 2 weeks and only requires 60 seconds to remove, I'm in!
Let us know if you do try it. I did a quick search on ebay and it's already available there. I'm a bit skeptical about the 60 sec removal claim.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Interesting. Removal is the part I hate the most when it comes to anything....polish...gel...glitter..!!!

I think I am getting the mustard yellow and maybe a flakie from the China Glaze. However I sometimes end up buying unnecessarily if I find them discounted even if I don't like them much. I didn't even like Lisbon OPI and I now have 6 out of 12 polishes already simply because Marshalls had the whole collection...bad me! I just wanted the metallic red and possibly the peach one but ended up getting the off whites and pinks too.
The flakies do look interesting so those are the only ones I'm thinking of getting as everything else looks too close to what I already own. I try to resist getting dupes but Marshalls gets me a lot too although it hasn't had much polish lately. I stopped by yesterday and there were only a handful of Orly summer. No OPI or Essie.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If I'm reading the instructions correctly there is no base coat to be used with this... or am I just missing it... ?

I think I will order one of these (and the top coat) to try it out!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

By the double boiler method do you mean you put a small bowl of acetone in a bigger bowl of warm water?

Another option is to put the foil on and wrap your hand in a heating pad. I do this and it makes removal fast and easy and I use very little acetone.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I'm reading the instructions correctly there is no base coat to be used with this... or am I just missing it... ?

I think I will order one of these (and the top coat) to try it out!
Looks like the directions say to apply without base coat. Please post if you do end up buying it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results