shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Loving the Fourth of July looks!
So I promise I will get braver in the next few weeks and start posting pictures since the real fun of this thread is to see the colors! But I wanted to say I am on day 6 of a normal old OPI polish, the old Hawaiian Orchid (the lacquer, NOT the Nail Envy.) Love this pink. Used base coat and top coat. I am quickly reapplying top coat every other day and making sure to wrap the edges. It seems to make all the difference.
I read somewhere that it helps to use the top and base coats of the nail polish brand you are using since they are formulated to go together. Do you think that's true?
Also thinking of trying a line like Infinite Shine or Gel Couture at home. Would those also benefit from the top coat being reapplied? And can you use the gel-like top coats on regular polish? Thanks!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am rocking paint and primer sploops on my nails today and for the rest of the week.:eek2: I am painting a couple of rooms in my house. Plus I paint barefoot so don't even ask about the toenail polish.:nono:

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Through July 8th -- buy 3 polishes, get 3 free with free shipping at zoya -- Code is SPARKLE

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I promise I will get braver in the next few weeks and start posting pictures since the real fun of this thread is to see the colors! But I wanted to say I am on day 6 of a normal old OPI polish, the old Hawaiian Orchid (the lacquer, NOT the Nail Envy.) Love this pink. Used base coat and top coat. I am quickly reapplying top coat every other day and making sure to wrap the edges. It seems to make all the difference.
I read somewhere that it helps to use the top and base coats of the nail polish brand you are using since they are formulated to go together. Do you think that's true?
Also thinking of trying a line like Infinite Shine or Gel Couture at home. Would those also benefit from the top coat being reapplied? And can you use the gel-like top coats on regular polish? Thanks!
Looking forward to more pics!

I use couple different base and top coats which rarely match the polish. IMO that doesn't make any difference so use any top coat for any polish. OPI IS top coat is thicker than regular top coat so nails may get gunky looking after reapplication.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have Vinylux top coat and Seche Vive which I are supposed to be gel effect top coats. They come in shaded bottles to protect against light like all the other gel-like top coats. I just treat them like normal top coats. I don't like Seche Vive at all, I think reapplying that product will be disastrous. Seche Vite, its sister, will peel off in sheets if you reapply for sure. I have Infinte Shine but I just use them like normal OPI without their three step matching thingies. As far as I can tell I can't tell a difference....

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Through July 8th -- buy 3 polishes, get 3 free with free shipping at zoya -- Code is SPARKLE

I can't justify buying 6 more Zoya polishes at this point, I already have a mountain of untried polishes and have ordered ummm six more polishes when I ordered this new matte "invisble" nail strengthener last week to justify the shipping fee . But of course I love to obsess about nail polish....so do you guys have any Zoya favorites for people who might be buying them now?

Mine are
1. Garbo
2. Nyssa
3. Anja
4. Lois
5. Jana
6. Caitlin
So hard to narrow it down to just 6!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure what the color is called, but this is the most recent color I've purchased. It stands up to chips really well despite just being a regular nail polish IMG_3958.JPG

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel. Zoya polishes don't seem to work for me. I tried a whole bunch of them few years ago and got rid of all except two. I think my body chemistry is incompatible with their formula. Dream and Cassedy are the only remaining Zoya I have because I just love those colors.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel. Zoya polishes don't seem to work for me. I tried a whole bunch of them few years ago and got rid of all except two. I think my body chemistry is incompatible with their formula. Dream and Cassedy are the only remaining Zoya I have because I just love those colors.

For some reason Zoya and Essie always give me a lot of tip wear instantaneously, I don't know why. I think I hoard them for their cute bottles more than the actual juice in them. They don't chip as easily as China Glaze or Sinful Colors, but for some reason, the tip wear is very bad on me.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sinful Colors Lie-Lac
IMG_20180707_190122.jpg
IMG_20180707_190305.jpg
So bored with it already and it's not even been a full day. To the destash pile it goes...

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So if course I had to go find my bottle of Carousel Coral. Also remembered why I haven't used it in a while. Typical thin Essie formula which requires super precise application.
IMG_20180708_181813.jpg

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So if course I had to go find my bottle of Carousel Coral. Also remembered why I haven't used it in a while. Typical thin Essie formula which requires super precise application.

It's a pretty color on you! I kind of wish I still had it. I think I struggled with bald spots with that one.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh...I like this one!!! I may have to do white next! Wonder if I can create a pinky-white...:think:

IDK why I never thought to do whites... they go with everything! Funny Bunny has definite pink undertones... you should try it!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IDK why I never thought to do whites... they go with everything! Funny Bunny has definite pink undertones... you should try it!

Yes, but I use gels all the time (I can't be bothered w/regular polish)... ;-) BUT I do have the regular polish to gel stuff that I CAN use.....

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

DUH! I went back and saw that this IS gel! I think I may just mix some colors as I have quite a few, and I"m in the process of buying sewing patterns....'cause I love them....but may look into OPI gel at a later date. ;-) Are they LED curable? I don't have any OPI gels (have IBD, Red Carpet, Gelish, Le Chat)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DUH! I went back and saw that this IS gel! I think I may just mix some colors as I have quite a few, and I"m in the process of buying sewing patterns....'cause I love them....but may look into OPI gel at a later date. ;-) Are they LED curable? I don't have any OPI gels (have IBD, Red Carpet, Gelish, Le Chat)

If that's the same thing as they have at the nail salon, then yes. I know they use Gelish as well.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All this talk of new colors and the fact that it's past the 4th of July so my nails were out dated :eek2: I tried @msop04 kind of color (cause I loved that white/barely pink). My trial was a failure, however I still ended up with something I liked. ;-) The trial was a bunch of IBD's Whipped Cream and just one drop of RCM's Simply Adorable. It was a great pinkish color, but didn't look that great on. So...I went with 2 coats of IBD Whipped Cream and topped it with my favorite Gelish Color for French Manicures: Taffeta. Love the combination although the slight pink shimmer doesn't really show up in the pictures. It's gotten all cloudy here, and I tried to do a good picture under the OTT, but....this is as good as it got. I think it was easier to take pictures of my sparklies than my nails.:lol-2:

20180709_154250.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I barely got 4 days of wear out of Carousel Coral. It chipped so badly that I had to remove it at work. Thanks to person who invented single use packets of polish remover.

A-England Her Rose Adagio.
IMG_20180712_141536.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, I really like that color baby monster!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180713_195615.jpg it's been a while since I had time for my nails. this is Essie Tonal Taupe. it's okay, it does have some shimmer, but i thought the color would be a bit more saturated. we'll see how long it lasts.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few recent manis...

IMG_1541.JPG IMG_1403.JPG IMG_1502.JPG

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503, for Frenchie Likes to Kiss, did you do 2 or 3 coats? the shimmer looks interesting but I don't want a 3 coat polish.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503, for Frenchie Likes to Kiss, did you do 2 or 3 coats? the shimmer looks interesting but I don't want a 3 coat polish.

I did 3, but I always do 3 for depth of color. I think I could have done 2 - it wasn't too streaky actually. The shimmer is practically non-existent on the nail though - just looks like a pinkish white creme.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AD2C8594-FF3B-40A5-9535-C2A305964906.jpeg
Zoya Naked Manicure Levander [sic] Perfector. I got this free in their mystery box last winter. First time using it. It looks prettier in the bottle! But I’d try a pink shade in the naked manicure line.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a polish which I have no idea why I own as I actively avoid bright blues and greens. It's China Glaze I Got a Blue Attitude. It's supposed to be a blurple but performs like a straight up blue polish on me. I 've worn it once before on my toes and don't remember if it stains but it sure does give off that "strong stainer" vibe as well....

IMG_20180715_154638.jpg
IMG_20180715_154031.jpg
I am removing it soon....kinda expecting to see stained mess underneath :eek2:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought the above polish looked quite purple today so snapped a pic...kind of dreading removing it tonight
IMG_20180716_132656.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results