shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B13E8B9D-606C-4F3F-ACB1-AAD41474411C.jpeg I wanted super neutral so my guy put on the Essie pink he uses for pink and white manicures, three coats.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the directions say to apply without base coat. Please post if you do end up buying it.

Good morning!

I just ordered Alpine Plum and the top coat. I love a pretty lavender so I'm hoping this one doesn't go gray on me like my last attempt in this color range did. Will post once I get it and give it a whirl!

shl92320_1-B.jpg

BTW Baby Monster, I never thanked you for the info on sand textured polish! The Mariah Carey minis that I got from ebay worked out great and I've been using them on my toes all season -- thanks!!!

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

I just ordered Alpine Plum and the top coat. I love a pretty lavender so I'm hoping this one doesn't go gray on me like my last attempt in this color range did. Will post once I get it and give it a whirl!

shl92320_1-B.jpg

BTW Baby Monster, I never thanked you for the info on sand textured polish! The Mariah Carey minis that I got from ebay worked out great and I've been using them on my toes all season -- thanks!!!

@Dee*Jay, that's great! I ordered Field Fox Luxe and top coat last week. Can't wait to see how they perform. Excited you got Alpine Plum; it's a beautiful color!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay, that's great! I ordered Field Fox Luxe and top coat last week. Can't wait to see how they perform. Excited you got Alpine Plum; it's a beautiful color!

I was super tempted by Field Fox -- it's similar to my summer go-to (I'll Always Lavender You by OPI, which is more pinkish than the name would imply) but I got so excited by the idea of the Alpine that I decided to try that first. If I like the way this works I'll order a bunch of colors.

I think your's will come well before mine, can't want to hear your review!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

shl92320_1-B.jpg

You're welcome :wavey:. always glad to share polish ideas.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have Field Fox in Vinylux. It's a great neutral esp for the upcoming colder months!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love corals and hot coral pinks but never came across any that I liked on myself. From time to time I force myself to wear them but end up removing them after like a day because I can't stand I look!

OPI Feelin Hot Hot Hot, which I forced myself to wear as full mani before I give it away.
IMG_20180804_165020.jpg
IMG_20180804_165520.jpg

I'd worn it on a single nail before and knew it stained like crazy but I was still really not happy to see the stained nails when I removed it!

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What are your favorite finger/toe combinations?
I have never been confident enough to not match -- so I am trying to play with combos. This is hardly daring, but I am enjoying it, OPI Got the Blues for Red on toes and Zoya Jill on fingers. IMG_5999.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I'm reading the instructions correctly there is no base coat to be used with this... or am I just missing it... ?

I think I will order one of these (and the top coat) to try it out!

I'm wondering if it's just going to be CND's version of SH Miracle Gel? While I use the SH line, and do get longer wear than with regular polish, it's not the same as a salon gel mani for me.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wondering if it's just going to be CND's version of SH Miracle Gel? While I use the SH line, and do get longer wear than with regular polish, it's not the same as a salon gel mani for me.

Oh.... I hadn't thought of that... I did read somewhere that it's more "flexible" than some gel polishes. I have good strong nails, but any extra help (like the hard gel polish) is definitely a bonus. Hmmm. Will let you all know once I get it on.

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium

No base coat. Should be "salon quality" (fingers crossed). There's a 60 sec LED cure and acetone removal. Here's page 2 from the application guide:

Screenshot_20180808-092234.png

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SH miracle gel doesn't need uv lamp cure but cnd luxe does so their chemical composition isn't the same.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@alittlelight, my pedi polish usually lasts 3-4 weeks so having it match to mani color is a nonstarter for me. I also hate how most colors look on my feet so my go-to is bright red like OPI Carousel Coral and Cajun Shrimp or China Glaze Son of a Nutcracker.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No base coat. Should be "salon quality" (fingers crossed). There's a 60 sec LED cure and acetone removal. Here's page 2 from the application guide:

Screenshot_20180808-092234.png

SH miracle gel doesn't need uv lamp cure but cnd luxe does so their chemical composition isn't the same.

In my quick search on it, I totally missed that it needs the led lamp. Sounds promising then! thanks

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Success! :wavey: My first impressions are good for the CND Shellac Luxe system. I received Field Fox and the Luxe top coat today. Comparison photo of regular CND Vinylux Field Fox and Shellac Luxe below.

Two coats total. No base coat (but I did use a primer on one hand to test whether it will affect wear). First coat was semi-sheer, as described in the instructions I posted upthread. Minimal shrinkage. Good application. The Luxe version has a hint of rosier undertones, compared to regular Vinylux. The brush is short and rounded, very similar to Dior. I'm most interested in the "60 second removal/no damage" claims...I'll check in again once I've removed it.

20180810_220140.jpg

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
CND Luxe removal:

First pic after 60 sec acetone at room temp.

20180812_141758.jpg

Ultimately, it took me a 3 min soak (index finger, no filing) and a 2 min soak (middle finger, filed top layer of polish first) to get this:

20180812_143017.jpg

No damage. I left a little residual polish to remove later. Definitely easier than traditional gel!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CND Luxe removal:

First pic after 60 sec acetone at room temp.

Ultimately, it took me a 3 min soak (index finger, no filing) and a 2 min soak (middle finger, filed top layer of polish first) to get this:
No damage. I left a little residual polish to remove later. Definitely easier than traditional gel!
That's pretty fast for gel. Will it remove the same if you keep it on for 2 weeks?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some blues from this week

Sally Hansen Royal Hue. I was sad to remove this one!
IMG_20180813_103546.jpg
IMG_20180813_103610.jpg

Color Club It's a Sign. Also sad when I had to take it off. I tried to capture the blue shimmer.
IMG_20180817_160739.jpg
IMG_20180817_191521.jpg

And what I am wearing now
IMG_20180818_095602.jpg
Jessica Cosmetics Celestial Blue. I think I can say this brand is garbage since I bought more than 10 different ones from them and so far the five or so I tested have turned out to be terrible. I am not even gonna try out the rest, they are all going in the garbage. They don't ever completely dry. I have used slower drying polish like thick holo formulas and stuff but nothing like this. I did the nails yesterday and I can still dent the stupid polish.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some blues from this week

Sally Hansen Royal Hue. I was sad to remove this one!
IMG_20180813_103546.jpg
IMG_20180813_103610.jpg

Color Club It's a Sign. Also sad when I had to take it off. I tried to capture the blue shimmer.
IMG_20180817_160739.jpg
IMG_20180817_191521.jpg

And what I am wearing now
IMG_20180818_095602.jpg
Jessica Cosmetics Celestial Blue. I think I can say this brand is garbage since I bought more than 10 different ones from them and so far the five or so I tested have turned out to be terrible. I am not even gonna try out the rest, they are all going in the garbage. They don't ever completely dry. I have used slower drying polish like thick holo formulas and stuff but nothing like this. I did the nails yesterday and I can still dent the stupid polish.

Oooh they're all pretty but I really love Color Club It's a Sign...adding to the list...:cool2:

Ugh to the lousy polish! :(2

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh they're all pretty but I really love Color Club It's a Sign...adding to the list...:cool2:

Ugh to the lousy polish! :(2

If the Color Club is harder to track down, the OPI Check Out the Old Geysirs from last year's fall collection is the same color. OPI also has another similar polish called I Can Never Hut Up from the Fiji collection, but with green shimmer instead of blue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results