shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I've rarely posted but reading this thread inspired me to bring out the silver cross :kiss2: I've had her for a decade now and got it from a shop that sells jewelry from India. It's silver with peridot, garnet, amethyst, citrine. The center stone..I can't recall what it is.

IMG_4915.JPG
I'm so glad that you decided to post your lovey cross! It's got gemmy clusters of color, and they all work so nicely together. It's also got a wonderful size. I bet it looks fabulous over any top since it really shows up on clothes.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing these super long, shaggy earrings today....These are hand made by me because I fell in love with the little peridot beads and needed to figure out a way to use them besides the typical strand of beads. I would have needed at least 10 strands of them to make a noticeable necklace. So these are what I designed. They are gold fill with freshwater pearls. The light is not great because it's overly yellow which makes the peridots seem lack luster. In life they are a fresh green and the pearl has a greenish/gold/pink overtone.
These are just a lot of fun to wear...they actually took me forever to make.
IMG_4807.JPG
IMG_4803.JPG

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
002.JPG I am wearing this today and posting this ring just for the dreamy french cut sapphires in the halo. Specs are 2.12 carats blue sapphires- heat only.

corgisage

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! The moonstones just glow! The moonstone lotus ring is on my wishlist. Enjoy!

Yea the moonstones really glow... even under low light conditions! Thanks for the compliments anyway. =)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My serving of greens for the day. Green jadeite :)
20170915_015841-1.jpg 20170915_015856-1.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous! I would love a jadeite ring like your. Alas I don't know what I'm buying so the chances of buying a dodgy stone or glass are too big!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's a real compliment! Thank you so much, Chatoyancy....I'm delighted!
You're welcome Bluegemz! The first time you posted picture of your earrings, I just could not believe how perfect the tourmalines be colors were and how perfect they looked with the gold. They are so elegant. I'm glad you enjoy wearing them.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous! I would love a jadeite ring like your. Alas I don't know what I'm buying so the chances of buying a dodgy stone or glass are too big!

I bought the jade first which is very affordable owing to the size and also it was from a trader with my jewellers rather than at a retail shop. Jade prices for these smaller pieces are still lower than a few years ago. There are always labs to check for treatment and pretty affordable locally.

We then looked for a setting that could approx fit the jade from the Hong Kong settings company that brought their samples to Yangon. The ring cost, iirc, 1.75x that of the jade :razz: but no regrets. You just know when it's the right setting.

Bluegemz has also listed enough online shops with a pretty good track record that could assist you in your search.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the jade first which is very affordable owing to the size and also it was from a trader with my jewellers rather than at a retail shop. Jade prices for these smaller pieces are still lower than a few years ago. There are always labs to check for treatment and pretty affordable locally.

We then looked for a setting that could approx fit the jade from the Hong Kong settings company that brought their samples to Yangon. The ring cost, iirc, 1.75x that of the jade :razz: but no regrets. You just know when it's the right setting.

Bluegemz has also listed enough online shops with a pretty good track record that could assist you in your search.
Chatoyancy, if and when you are looking, I would be happy to assist if needed, with the vendors which I know about.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday everyone! Today I'm wearing this silver and gold alligator bypass cuff along with my little ruby ring. Somehow the I find that red color goes with the alligators since they are fierce creatures.

IMG_4823.JPG
IMG_4827.JPG
IMG_4828.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Happy Friday everyone! Today I'm wearing this silver and gold alligator bypass cuff along with my little ruby ring. Somehow the I find that red color goes with the alligators since they are fierce creatures.

IMG_4823.JPG
IMG_4827.JPG
IMG_4828.JPG

Oh my, that is so detailed and lifelike. You really have a knack and the eye for remarkable pieces!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is so detailed and lifelike. You really have a knack and the eye for remarkable pieces!
Thank you, Burmesedaze! This bracelet came from a local jewelry store which started a collection of these bracelets with animals. They had some with camels and ram's heads. What attracted me to it is that the alligators look as though they are little guardians...looking left to right lol.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Lovely, it's true that Maw Sit Sit has mostly been depleted. I've only seen small samples/rough in Yangon now. IIRC it may not be as tough/durable/hardy as jadeite, but don't quote me on that.
Not sure whether the pricing is realistic, since I've not seen enough of them to even fathom how much one would be :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes, I've been seeing that necklace for sometime. I've seen some other beads for around 3 k, but not as high quality. Maw sit sit is such an interesting gem relative of jadeite. And it really is super rare. Only one, very small deposit found in the world to date that has been mostly depleted. I recently saw a small , beaded bracelet going for 1000 with tinsy beads..sigh. A friend gave me a small Ruyi pendant of Mawsitsit. It's not as high quality as it can get. The coarser texture makes it harder to hold a mirror polish...thanks for sharing!! Fabulous jewelry this morning!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
002.JPG I am wearing this today and posting this ring just for the dreamy french cut sapphires in the halo. Specs are 2.12 carats blue sapphires- heat only.

Ooh, this is right up my street! Beautiful! The blue is so rich and I love the slightly flared corners - they make quite a bold design seem soft somehow. And the centre stone more than holds its own in a strong surround. Lovely!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

IMG_4823.JPG
IMG_4827.JPG
IMG_4828.JPG

That bracelet is everything!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday everyone! Nothing serious today, just fun pieces....These are my jewelry purchases for this weekend. ( please forgive the blue blanket background. I have to protect my furniture from my pets!) ...I've really been trying to save for an icy glass jade cabochon....but I went to a small jewelry showing today, so I had to buy something. I bought this Caraco lake, untreated turquoise ring made by a retired scientist who did everything including finding the stone. Just love the shape and it goes with the greenish turquoise in these Zuni earrings which I have. And, I was impressed by how he really got into working with stones and making jewelry!

Yesterday I bought this super frothy, silver lace filigree bracelet which goes with these earrings. I've just never seen filigree that looks so much like a leaf skeleton. Its amazing that people don't lose eye sight doing this kind of tiny work. It's not the kind of thing that I'll probably wear that often, but I love just having it and will probably just display it on my dresser as eye camndy. Actually, I have A LOT of jewelry which I do this with, which I don't wear, only look at by combining dried flowers, branches, etc. anyone else do this sort of thing?

Today I also bought these tiny gold and diamond hoops for a lighter look. Pictured with high karat gold and yellowish diamond drops. They make the drop sets a bit lighter. The original hoops that go to these are really heavy and thick. After 2 years of wear, I noticed my ear hole had stretched somewhat, which is a big no no. Now I think I can wear these hangers more often.

IMG_4846.JPG
IMG_4840.JPG
IMG_4845.JPG

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That silver lace looks right out of 1001 Arabian Nights. I can see why you had to get it! :kiss2:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, Bluegemz, you sure are keeping this thread populated! Great job on the wire-wrapping on the earrings!

I have been wanting to post about bangles for a while, but my father died several days ago and I am out of sorts. I have also come down with a terrible cold, probably because my resistance is down. I am beyond exhausted, and I find I am having trouble remembering what day it is each day. I suppose disorientation is to be expected when a close relative dies.

I wanted to talk about my experience with Reiko. As you'll recall, I had a bad experience with them a few years ago. All the new amazonite stuff was too tempting, so I ordered two bangles from a different eBay account than I had used last time. I wrote ahead of time and was assured I would receive the exact bracelet in the pictures in each listing. NEITHER one was the one in the pictures. Both were more domed (different profile shape) and had different clarity characteristics than the ones in the pictures, and the amazonite is also a different color. I haven't said anything to the seller, because, even though they are totally different from what I ordered, I love what I received. And I'm tired because my dad died.

So...you've seen my nephrite bracelet. Here it is with the two I ordered from Reiko: amazonite from Mozambique, and lapis lazuli.

IMG_4383.JPG

IMG_4418.JPG

I also ordered two bangles from a different seller: a charoite one and a star rose quartz one. I'm wearing them with the ruby.

IMG_4428.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

I've ordered an aquamarine one to go next to the lapis, and as soon as my husband gives me the go ahead, I'm going to order a pietersite one for next to the charoite.

I absolutely love stacking stone bangles. I love how they feel and sound.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad passing. I can imagine that it's bewildering with feelings of both numbness and grief. No wonder you got sick on top of it all! My hope for you is that, As much as you can, please continue to be very good to yourself, gentle, and loving. I'm pleased that you are surrounding yourself with crystal energy and with the love of gems through those pure stone bangles. This is a very deep connection with nature and poetry, metaphor and reminder of the wisdom of nature's time lines for all creations. Besides this, it's just such a good thing to do, to nurture what gives joy and makes us live with passion while we are alive.

I love your bangle stacks! They are increadible together!! The Charoite, rose quartz and Amazonite are all amazing! You look gorgeous with those elegant stone bangles. I also love this look... I went through a phase of seriously stacking bangles on each arm, sometimes 5 on each! I loved it so much and the beautiful sounds which they made. None were ever damaged because I was careful. I got the idea from an heiress whom I met years ago, who wore untreated imperial green jadeite bangles this way, 4 or 5 on each wrist. Back then, they were 6 figures each! But, the look of multiple bangles was so inspiring! And she was a slight woman of small stature, and wore flowing silk caftans.

Thank you for sharing your experience with that seller. Your bangle looks fabulous and definitely like true Amazonite. As you may recall, I ordered the ice type of Amazonite beads from them, and a lovely star rose quartz beaded bracelet. I was pleased with the items, but the ice type of Amazonite is just so new. I did tests which were within Amazonite ranges, and some beads had a Schiller of feldspar. But just to be sure, I sent off a few beads of it to the GIA to see if that's truly what they truly are. The results should be back in a week or so. I'll be posting about this on the Amazonite thread when the results come in. I hope this doesn't make you wonder about your Amazonite bangle because it looks like super high quality Amazonite. The beads I got look different, like super clear, like a mix between gem silica and paraiba.

BTW, I've loooonnnggg wanted one of those aqua bangles. Aquamarine is such a calming, soothing stone. I can't wait to see yours when it eventually comes.

And, thank you for the kind words on those earrings! I rarely wear the jewelry which I make for some reason, but I've got them displayed on branches and they were worth it just to look at.

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, Bluegemz. I feel as if the bangles are cradling me or giving me shelter, which seems odd to articulate.

The amazonite bangle is, indeed, real amazonite, but the listing was for glowing blue translucent icy amazonite.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the gorgeousness! Two boulder opal rings from Amity Jewelry on Etsy. The second is a yowah nut I picked out from a cutter! Staring into these make me feel happy. 20170917_152216_HDR.jpg 20170917_152244_HDR.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Bluegemz. I feel as if the bangles are cradling me or giving me shelter, which seems odd to articulate.

The amazonite bangle is, indeed, real amazonite, but the listing was for glowing blue translucent icy amazonite.
That's a perfect way to describe it! They are cradling you. Your Amazonite truly is stunning and glowing. And the charoite looks really high quality. I see, the picture was for one of those ice ones...I truly think yours is maybe even more beautiful, but that is annoying that it was different than pictured.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the gorgeousness! Two boulder opal rings from Amity Jewelry on Etsy. The second is a yowah nut I picked out from a cutter! Staring into these make me feel happy. 20170917_152216_HDR.jpg 20170917_152244_HDR.jpg
Those are really lovely, ilovegemstones! They are rustic and refined at the same time. I really love seeing some of the host rock in the opal. And the shapes really are like frames for those glittery micro worlds. How magic!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
@Acinom wow your rubellite is so big and gorgeous. Love the setting as well.

Today i am wearing my new moonstone lotus ring and earrings which I just received!
20170913_155234_HDR.jpg 20170913_185003_HDR.jpg

I love these - so pretty!!! Would you mind if I asked who the seller is?

corgisage

Rough_Rock
@girlyglam Sure, it is a chinese vendor though... called "Lotosus".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results