shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing natural colors today...a jasper beaded bracelet and this spotted bangle which has a kind of feldspar in it. Feeling Fall and earthiness of these colors today as the leaves are yellowing and flowers drying into seed pods.
IMG_4962.JPG
IMG_4964.JPG

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze What a gorgeous set! 20150515_121147.jpg
20150515_133441.jpg
I'm wearing this padparadscha today. It's heated, thus the darker color. I'm a pad fan. It's going to my niece on her 16th butthday. I have a third pad in a setting I despise, I'm still thinking about what to do with it, taking it to the jeweler today to have it removed. This is an interesting photo of it.

. 20150922_190019.jpg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing the mild winter will come soon to chase away the hot post rainy season days.

Light blue sapphires and diamonds for cool respite

20170921_212401-1.jpg 20170921_212412-1.jpg

So gorgeous! Do you wear a ring on each hand?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apatite earrings, diamond and sapphire ring, blue moonstone and diamond ring, and brooch to pendant conversion with pink diamond marquise in the center.

IMG_5226.JPG
I adore them all! That moonstone ring is so dreamy and beautiful. What fineness each and every piece has! Love love love these.

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, I can finally join in! Lavender spinel set by DK. I wanted a substantial, non-engagement-looking setting and he really delivered. (Bad iphone pic showing the reflection of my black hair, sorry! It looks much better in real life.)

IMG_7259.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Wishing the mild winter will come soon to chase away the hot post rainy season days.

Light blue sapphires and diamonds for cool respite

20170921_212401-1.jpg 20170921_212412-1.jpg

So pretty! Love the unique airline on your ring. And I may have to borrow that bangle design for inspiration down the road if you don't mind.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I can finally join in! Lavender spinel set by DK. I wanted a substantial, non-engagement-looking setting and he really delivered. (Bad iphone pic showing the reflection of my black hair, sorry! It looks much better in real life.)

IMG_7259.JPG
Oh gosh, Tand*m, I'm in love with your ring! I love the color, the east/wear and the simple and more modern setting. It's just amazing!

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, Tand*m, I'm in love with your ring! I love the color, the east/wear and the simple and more modern setting. It's just amazing!

Aw, thank you Bluegemz! That is a huge compliment coming from someone with the completely inspiring collection you have!

I was really pleasantly surprised when it all came together-- not that I doubted David's work, more that I was unsure of how my design skills would play out in reality. The setting is Sholdt-inspired and somehow David managed to both make the spinel look more lavender (to my eyes) and minimize the appearance of the culet.

Last but not least, under budget and about a week faster than he quoted. 8) Definitely another DK fan! :appl:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thank you Bluegemz! That is a huge compliment coming from someone with the completely inspiring collection you have!

I was really pleasantly surprised when it all came together-- not that I doubted David's work, more that I was unsure of how my design skills would play out in reality. The setting is Sholdt-inspired and somehow David managed to both make the spinel look more lavender (to my eyes) and minimize the appearance of the culet.

Last but not least, under budget and about a week faster than he quoted. 8) Definitely another DK fan! :appl:
It really is something special! I love the purity of it . The ring is deeply engageing and enchanting. The cross over of the metal on the sides creates a transition of line, which really frames the stone, adds an energy to it without unnecessary decoration. Also, the size is impressive. You did great!!

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
It really is something special! I love the purity of it . The ring is deeply engageing and enchanting. The cross over of the metal on the sides creates a transition of line, which really frames the stone, adds an energy to it without unnecessary decoration. Also, the size is impressive. You did great!!

Thank you! David made the crisscross continue through the bridge and left the sides open and airy as well. I forgot to give credit to Rogerio and Andrea from Pristine Gemstones for the spinel! They were all so lovely to work with.

IMG_7315.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

IMG_7259.JPG

I love this. No diamonds, just plenty of spinel sparkle in a timeless yet modern design! It goes very well with your slender fingers.

Sure thing! The bangle was from a b&m chain store 10 years ago, not a proprietary design AFAIK :)

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_7259.JPG
Your spinel is gorgeous! I love the way pastel stones sparkle.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Apatite earrings, diamond and sapphire ring, blue moonstone and diamond ring, and brooch to pendant conversion with pink diamond marquise in the center.

IMG_5226.JPG
The blue in those apatites is so bright! Your pieces are so elegant and classic.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wearing natural colors today...a jasper beaded bracelet and this spotted bangle which has a kind of feldspar in it. Feeling Fall and earthiness of these colors today as the leaves are yellowing and flowers drying into seed pods.
IMG_4962.JPG
IMG_4964.JPG
I would have guessed that your cool angle is leopard jasper. It's such a unique and pretty piece. I'll bet it goes with everything.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pink sapphire hearts dangling from the ears and rhodolite garnet rings today. 20170922_174152-1.jpg 20170922_174134-1.jpg
It must be so much fun to play in your jewelry box. I always look forward to your posts Burmezedaze. I just love how you set your rhodolites!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze What a gorgeous set! 20150515_121147.jpg
20150515_133441.jpg
I'm wearing this padparadscha today. It's heated, thus the darker color. I'm a pad fan. It's going to my niece on her 16th butthday. I have a third pad in a setting I despise, I'm still thinking about what to do with it, taking it to the jeweler today to have it removed. This is an interesting photo of it.

. 20150922_190019.jpg
I'm a pad fan too. Both pads are lovely. I'm sure your niece will enjoy her ring. Have fun designing a new setting on your other pad and be sure to share the results.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just for fun, ( though I'm not wearing this today,) to eventually complete the gold filigree set, I bought this silver and gold vermeil filigree ring to have a replica made in high karat gold, possibly with a gemstone ball instead of pearl. This ring is just so much fun to wear! I can imagine it with a beautiful spessartite ball, or a green beryl.
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_5004.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have guessed that your cool angle is leopard jasper. It's such a unique and pretty piece. I'll bet it goes with everything.
Thank you, Chatoyancy! It's very interesting because it's opaque, but the spots are racy, kind of like an animal print like Dalmatian or leopard. It has a nice energy to the stone.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink sapphire hearts dangling from the ears and rhodolite garnet rings today. 20170922_174152-1.jpg 20170922_174134-1.jpg
Love those pieces together. The hearts are adorable and the big garnet reminds me of a lovely glass of red wine next to a fire in the evening. Very robustly beautiful.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm in a filigree mood. Filigree feels like festivity and delicacy combined every time I look at it. So it's the gold flower, Tahitian pearl drops and my emerald ring.
IMG_4990.JPG
IMG_4992.JPG
IMG_4993.JPG

Those pearl earrings!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those pearl earrings!
Thanks, Doberman! These little drops often get passed over in favor of my larger pearl earring pairs, but somehow today I just felt inspired to pull them out. I got these as a gift after I told my husband I was pregnant with our 3rd child, almost 8 years ago!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Doberman! These little drops often get passed over in favor of my larger pearl earring pairs, but somehow today I just felt inspired to pull them out. I got these as a gift after I told my husband I was pregnant with our 3rd child, almost 8 years ago!

I love them! I think they're the perfect size.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Chatoyancy! It's very interesting because it's opaque, but the spots are racy, kind of like an animal print like Dalmatian or leopard. It has a nice energy to the stone.
It is very interesting. I've never seen a bangle like it. Good find!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg @Bluegemz I am enamored by your filigree pieces! Especially that ring!!! May I ask where you got it?? I love those details.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg @Bluegemz I am enamored by your filigree pieces! Especially that ring!!! May I ask where you got it?? I love those details.
Thank you so much, lovedogs! The golden flower was my first solid gold filigree piece. Soon after, I got these gold filigree peacock earrings to go, even though they are not an exact match. The peacocks are from Peru and I believe the flower is from either Spain or Asia. Now to the ring....
Amazingly, I found this at TJMaxx.! It was the only one. I usually don't look at the jewelry there but I couldn't resist this ring because of how dramatic it is. It's from Israel if I remember correctly. It's not really fine jewelry because it's gold over silver, and Im not a big fan of vermeil because the gold wears off...but I thought that it might not be too difficult to buy a beautiful, round gemstone or pearl, and have the design loosey copied in high karat solid gold. So that's the plan to complete the set. I found two filigree artists who could probably do it. What I love are the plants growing up the sides, with leaves that look like flames, gripping the pearl. Also, it's set on a lovely little scalloped dish. I'll include another picture of the earrings and the ring.
IMG_5007.jpg
IMG_5002.JPG

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results