shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to the office today ....A woman at my office wants to see my new long gold chain, so I'm wearing the BigvSur nephrite disk with Edwards Black center and a spessartite center with it. The usual matching bangles and earrings.
Also wearing the spider ring....an overexposed by a ray of light picture, but still fun!

IMG_4886.JPG

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ack! I clapped my hands together to kill a food moth in my kitchen, and my amazonite bangle fell off in two pieces! It was between a rock and a hard place (a lapis bangle and a jade bangle), and I know the feldspar fractures easily. But :cry2::cry2::cry2:!

IMG_4512.JPG

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ack! I clapped my hands together to kill a food moth in my kitchen, and my amazonite bangle fell off in two pieces! It was between a rock and a hard place (a lapis bangle and a jade bangle), and I know the feldspar fractures easily. But :cry2::cry2::cry2:!

IMG_4512.JPG

I'm sorry! :cry2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, Tourmaline!!! That's aweful! I wonder if they would be willing to replace it considering it cracked so quickly? If not, if you bought some 5 minute, quick set epoxy, ( the kind that you have to mix the two parts together) that would bond it together very seamlessly. I once fixed my mother's broken jasper bangle this way. It held up for years after, still going and you couldn't even see the crack. You'd need some rubbing alcohol to wipe down any seeping out while it sets.

I just want to add that I know how that feels. I once bought a lavender, untreated jadeite bangle. I paid over 1600 for it, negotiated down from 2600, and gave it to my daughter as a gift. I thought that I had purchased a decent quality jadeite bangle for a remembrance of her teenage years on her birthday. The jade looked perfectly intact and strong. One day, only a few months after having received it, she banged her hand on a desk at school and the bangle split in 2! A jade bangle revered for strength! It must have had a hidden crack or unhealed fissure in it. I had it repaired by having the pieces peg set and banded with gold braces. Thankfully it cacked in half so it looked good with the gold braces. (But even if a bangle doesn't crack evenly, it can be made to look more even with placement and width of the braces). After that, my daughter gave it back to me in exchange for another jewelry piece because she was too afraid to wear it....sigh.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of it post repair...the man who did this is really reasonable and skilled. He also repairs with silver. His name is Churk from Churkworkshop on etsy. Another possibility.

IMG_4889.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Bluegemz. I glued it with jeweler's glue, but there are a couple of chips at the break. I think I will fill them in with 2-part epoxy or resin. Sigh.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Bluegemz. I glued it with jeweler's glue, but there are a couple of chips at the break. I think I will fill them in with 2-part epoxy or resin. Sigh.
You can also mix in pigment dust, like that from chalk pastels, in with the epoxy so that it has a matching color. If when it dries, the epoxy is more shiny than the bangle, you can take a fine sandpaper piece or nail file, and lightly buff it do that it becomes more Matt looking.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170918_151142.jpg It is not how I wear it, but just a new photo from the front camera. Blue tourmaline pendant from Jeff Davies on a string of puffed pearls.
Arkteia, that is a very interesting design! It's such a mix between modernity and old world elegance with the length of the pendant and the forms. I love how you call them 'puff pearls'! Good enough to eat.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good idea, Bluegemz. I will do that. Your fixed purple jadeite bracelet is beautiful, too.

I wrote to the seller, not to blame him, but to tell him what happened. I mentioned that it wasn't the bracelet in the photos even though he had assured me it would be, but that I loved it anyway and am sad that it broke in half. He did not apologize, but he offered to sell me another one. How kind of him. I declined.

I am super unimpressed with Reiko.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea, Bluegemz. I will do that. Your fixed purple jadeite bracelet is beautiful, too.

I wrote to the seller, not to blame him, but to tell him what happened. I mentioned that it wasn't the bracelet in the photos even though he had assured me it would be, but that I loved it anyway and am sad that it broke in half. He did not apologize, but he offered to sell me another one. How kind of him. I declined.

I am super unimpressed with Reiko.
Tourmaline, thanks! Because of this response, so am I. I will not be purchasing from them again, that's for sure. I'll be writing to them too very soon. I'm curious to see how they will respond lol.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline. I am sorry about your father. I am sorry about your bracelet too and I think the idea of piecing back together with decorative metal is a good one. Your Charite bangle is AWESOME!!!:appl::love: When I am in Russia I always look for a piece of Charite and it has always been way over the top expensive...when I could even find it. :cry: So I will enjoy looking at your bangle until fate brings me a charite!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing new except for these wooden Indian bangles which are super sparkly and fun...this is my jewelry ensemble for a long day at the office. I'm really getting tired of the purple polish. I can't wait to get them done. I think I'll do a glittery light pink...

IMG_4933.JPG

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_4512.JPG
Sorry about your bangle...I've chipped an unset pear Morganite and know exactly how you feel.
I was going to suggest exactly this:
Here is a picture of it post repair...the man who did this is really reasonable and skilled. He also repairs with silver. His name is Churk from Churkworkshop on etsy. Another possibility.

IMG_4889.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I did a quick google on Amazonite softness and a number of the hits talk about how it easily fractures and that the stone is soft https://www.google.com.mm/search?q=...rome..69i57.2175j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Not that I know anything bout Amazonite, but if it's going to be so, perhaps just sticking it together with epoxy suggested by Bluegemz might be best. Rather than having a metalsmith put on connectors (more $$$ and no guarantee the bangle would not fracture again?).

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nothing new except for these wooden Indian bangles which are super sparkly and fun...this is my jewelry ensemble for a long day at the office. I'm really getting tired of the purple polish. I can't wait to get them done. I think I'll do a glittery light pink...

IMG_4933.JPG

Very feminine shades nicely put together, Bluegemz!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spinels and the first ring I ever had made locally in Yangon with a pink sapphire. Tres Burmese style as they did not comply with my original design. 20170919_210720-1.jpg 20170919_210735-1.jpg
Lol! I love the phrase, "tres Burmese style".lol!! Still gorgeous though!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tourmaline I'm so sorry to hear about your father. :blackeye:
I love your new bangles, especially the teal one. :kiss2:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_4512.JPG
I'm so sorry that happened to you!! That happened to me in high school with a bracelet that was a gift! I would cry! Hugs to you!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20170918_151142.jpg It is not how I wear it, but just a new photo from the front camera. Blue tourmaline pendant from Jeff Davies on a string of puffed pearls.
Gorgeous!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Thank you! An antique brooch works well in lieu of an enhancer, lol. I was pleasantly surprised by the tourmaline, and the pendant came out nice.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok today I'm wearing blues and greens...an emerald bead strand with abalone and diamond earrings, with both jadeite and nephrite bangles. Dragon Phoenix bangles not seen in the other wrist. I would have worn the other star sapphire ring today, but she is being independently appraised.
IMG_4942.JPG
IMG_4944.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline, I am so very sorry about the loss of your father, it is definitely a very disorienting, sad, and painful thing to go through - sending you lots of comfort and supportive thoughts, please be kind to yourself and take care.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tourmaline, I am so very sorry about the loss of your father, it is definitely a very disorienting, sad, and painful thing to go through - sending you lots of comfort and supportive thoughts, please be kind to yourself and take care.

Thank you, Junebug and everyone else who has wished me condolences. ❤

I have a terrible cold and have basically lost my voice. I am wearing two bangles on each wrist now, hoping they don't break, and just a simple yellow gold wedding band.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing my grandmother's lapis and diamond pendant on her 60" handmade chain, doubled to 30". It falls over my abdomen. The metal is 14k gold. My grandmother died earlier this year. She was almost 96. I love to wear her pieces. ❤

IMG_4132.JPG
I love this. Such a beautiful color and so unique.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5222.JPG
@Bluegemz Congrats on your new pendant. I can't take my eyes off the ring. I think you may have shared it before, but I don't remember seeing the gallery. It is stunning from the top down and side!
Thank you so much! I fell in love with this ring and I went through 2 months of thinking about it and not being able to forget it before I finally got it.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! An antique brooch works well in lieu of an enhancer, lol. I was pleasantly surprised by the tourmaline, and the pendant came out nice.
The pendant came out great! Your tourmaline is just perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results