shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As tempted as I am to wear my lavender jade because it matches my nail polish so well, ( really, it's almost an exact color match! I'll attach a picture to show this for fun, ) I'm wearing this spessartite heart pendant and 18k pink spinel and spess bracelet. The inspiration comes from feeling Fall in the air. The light is becoming softer and more golden, and apples are everywhere. I'm thinking of ripening squash and harvests in general. Spessartites really capture that spirit of fullness of fruition, harvest, warmth and coziness in such a powerful way. Unlike Citrines, spessartites have that increadible sparkle and fire which feels very energetic rather than mellow. ( the mellowness of citrine is such a different look, that's what I'm trying to say) is It's like a deep Earth magic in the 'glow'. I've always loved the energy of spessartites for these reasons. And even though orange is definitely NOT my color, the fire prevents the color from sitting flatly against my skin. It's more like wearing a glowing ember around. One doesn't focus on how the ember goes with skin tone, if that makes sense. I rarely venture out of the color ranges of blue/purple/green, but i make exceptions for these beautiful garnets.

The bracelet was also purchased from the jeweler whom I wrote about. I saw it and immediately thought of it as the sunset bracelet. My husband snuck off one day while we were nearby her shop and bought it as a gift to bring joy through the cold season here. As a native Californian, I just cannot get used to the snow and cold of Winter here, and often longed for Winter to be over. It's was meant as a reminder of coming warmth and all of the glory of Summer .

I REALLY would love to have a spessartite ring made by a particular jeweler and have wanted one for 5 years now. Sigh...that would be my next ring choice. The bracelet would look so much better with a spessartite ring. I have a pink ring (topaz), but it doesn't pop like a spessartite ring would, because topaz has a gentler glow. Though I have Spessartite earrings, they are quite massive by comparison with the pendant, so I'm just wearing simple gold hoops today.
IMG_4607.JPG
IMG_4610.JPG
I've always loved those colors together! Very pretty bracelet and pendant!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Today I'm wearing my grandmother's lapis and diamond pendant on her 60" handmade chain, doubled to 30". It falls over my abdomen. The metal is 14k gold. My grandmother died earlier this year. She was almost 96. I love to wear her pieces. ❤

IMG_4132.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing my grandmother's lapis and diamond pendant on her 60" handmade chain, doubled to 30". It falls over my abdomen. The metal is 14k gold. My grandmother died earlier this year. She was almost 96. I love to wear her pieces. ❤

IMG_4132.JPG
That's a beautiful piece. How wonderful that it came from your grandmother. That chain!!! It is very hard to find a chain that long of old world quality. The lapis is an ageless and timeless piece.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I were married in September, so sapphire counts as our marriage birthstone, right?? This is a recently completed project from David Klass.

IMG_2819.JPG
Congratulations! It's beautiful ! Really goes so well on your hand. What a lovely, deep blue!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's beautiful ! Really goes so well on your hand. What a lovely, deep blue!
Thank you! I know it's not a beautiful, precision cut sapphire like some of the amazing ones members here have, but the color really is lovely and it's sentimental as an anniversary present. :kiss2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I know it's not a beautiful, precision cut sapphire like some of the amazing ones members here have, but the color really is lovely and it's sentimental as an anniversary present. :kiss2:
It looks spectacular to me. The precision cut stones are lovely, but non precision cuts can also be beautiful and unique in my opinion.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170905_095040_HDR.jpg 20170905_100145_HDR-1.jpg 20170905_095650_HDR-1.jpg 20170905_095454_HDR-1.jpg Oh my gosh, I also adore that bracelet. It looks great on your hand!
Today I am wearing a periwinkle sapphire ring from LT and a star sapphire ring from Sally. I can't capture the star. It is one of my favourite rings.

I LOVE that star sapphire! Dibs if you ever sell it! Did Sally find it for you?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3814.JPG IMG_3816.JPG Love this thread! You get to such so much beauties here that have not had their own SMTB thread.
Today I am wearing my blue zircon by Chris Auletta. Setting with baguettes by Alistair Kelsey.

I love this zircon. The color is so rich and looks wonderful in you. :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! There are so many beautiful things here! I love seeing everyone's individual style. Thanks for sharing the stories of the connections your jewelry has to people and places you love.

I'm wearing my JuliaB purple sapphire tulip design. I love how well the rose gold milgrain goes with the diamonds for a delicate vintage look. It's perfect with the blooming water hyacinth that my friend gave me for the frog & lotus pond. I think this ring has the perfect fairy princess spirit!

P1020743.JPG P1020744.JPG P1020745.JPG P1020754.JPG P1020753.JPG P1020752.JPG

I love the color of this sapphire so much. It's just perfect! :kiss2:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mochiko! I am so proud to say that I sourced it myself! Here is the cert that came with it. I also sourced the blue star sapphire in the Iolani setting she made. She sourced my star ruby which I adore. I will try to get some star shots up in that thread, Bluegemz! 1504663542273-1575942477.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling kinda sick today....I really hope today goes smoothly and that it doesn't get worse. Therefore, I'm wearing this puffy serpentine heart pendant on an old world silver chain. Serpentine is a very soothing stone, perfect for times when one should be gentle and heal. That's when I wear this pendant. It's also significant because it was a gift. I need gentleness today because I feel that my body is at war.
Also wearing this jadeite bangle.
IMG_4639.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4640.JPG

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom!! I thought I'd seen all of your rings but I must have missed this one. Wow! That color is so vibrant! It's superb.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Acinom!

Hope you feel better Bluegemz! Glad you have your heart with you! I have this chunk of amethyst in my pocket for a similar reason. 20170906_093126_HDR.jpg 20170906_093353_HDR-1.jpg 20170906_093309_HDR.jpg
Thank you very much! Very appreciated. That's so cool ilovegemstones ! That's a gorgeous amethyst. I think it's great that you carry it with you. I used to carry a big garnet crystal around for strength, but ended up giving it away to someone who needed it more than I did.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Owww, I love this. Those prongs are amazing. It's a beautiful ring
Thank you so much! I'm really in love with it.

IMG_3827.JPG IMG_3828.JPG Wearing my bluegreen tourmaline by Gene (Precision Gem) today! The fluid setting is by Victor Canera.
Speaking of being in love... That tourmaline is gorgeous! How do you not spend all day just getting lost in its depths?! :eek2::kiss2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vesper, love that pin! And, the necklace is so dramatic and pretty.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The brooch cost more than my car otherwise it would have had a home.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The brooch cost more than my car otherwise it would have had a home.
I know, those really well done jade ones can get very expensive. I've always wanted one of those...I once saw a white jade rose with green leaves and diamonds....it was French and had such refined beauty.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bluegemz, I'm curious about where you live. I am in the Hudson Valley in NY.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results