shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on a role for wearing larger jewelry it seems....I pulled out this thick collar made by jewelry designer Susan Green. I met her in Manhattan, when I got this necklace. What's strange is that we live in the same city and dance together in Nia dance classes these days. Yes, she wears her necklaces to dance, and they look fantastic! Anyway, this is made of chalcedony and died black freshwater pearls.

IMG_4496.JPG
IMG_4499.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First morning light...wearing my 'spider' ring today. I call it this because the sapphire 'line' reminds me of the pattern on the abdomen of an argiope garden spider. You know....the kind that are huge, beautiful and scary which one tends not to notice until 2 inches away from walking into the web!!! Also, when my husband gave me this ring, he nestled it into a rose in a bouquet of roses, like a spider! I love these elongated, antique shapes because of how dramatic they are.

IMG_4509.JPG

Last edited:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
First morning light...wearing my 'spider' ring today. I call it this because the sapphire 'line' reminds me of the pattern on the abdomen of an argiope garden spider. You know....the kind that are huge, beautiful and scary which one tends not to notice until 2 inches away from walking into the web!!! Also, when my husband gave me this ring, he nestled it into a rose in a bouquet of roses, like a spider! I love these elongated, antique shapes because of how dramatic they are.

IMG_4509.JPG
Your ring, your nails :kiss2:
Your hands are beautiful, if hand modeling is not your occupation you really should reconsider. :love:
You have excellent taste in Jewelry!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I'm on a role for wearing larger jewelry it seems....I pulled out this thick collar made by jewelry designer Susan Green. I met her in Manhattan, when I got this necklace. What's strange is that we live in the same city and dance together in Nia dance classes these days. Yes, she wears her necklaces to dance, and they look fantastic! Anyway, this is made of chalcedony and died black freshwater pearls.

IMG_4496.JPG
IMG_4499.JPG
Call me a baby because this is a bib I'd HAPPILY wear. Looks like great quality and craftsmanship!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, the Afghan 'blues' ! A dream of a colour ...

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call me a baby because this is a bib I'd HAPPILY wear. Looks like great quality and craftsmanship!
FeVe, I'm so glad that you like it! It is really good quality and I highly recommend her work. Her necklaces are so luscious and exotic. She typically has a textural quality to the necklaces, sometimes, in an avalanche of stones, as In mine. They have a way of making women look like goddesses because of how they emphasize the softness in colors of skin, and really work around the décolletage to enhance the natural forms. Aside from all of this, her work has that tactile feel of fine handwork, which we get less and less of these days. I personally wonder how she doesn't go blind putting together the tiny strands.

Thank you for the hand compliment!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second that you have model hands Blugemz!
Blue and purple unheated sapphires today. I am trying to decide if it is too much or not. I love the colours together. 20170901_140147_HDR.jpg 20170901_140041_HDR.jpg
Wow, I truly love your rings. The colors are wonderful! I personally don't think wearing all 3 is too much when you're in a mood for drama. They have a cohesive look in color and style, and together they tell more of a story. Now if they were vastly different from each other, it might be visually restless, but that's not the case with yours. I think they look great together.

One lady I struck a conversation with recently, told me that she wants people to see her jewelry from across the room, and for it to inspire wonder. It's true that jewelry stories do inspire wonder in people. Thought that was a great attitude. She was a tall lady, who wore HUGE gemstone rings, and I mean enormous. They actually looked great on her.

Thank you for the hand compliment!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm at Target, shopping for school supplies, and, with the red walls, my diamond looks like a colored stone, haha!

IMG_3965.JPG
That is amazing, tourmaline! A gorgeous stone! I thought it was a tourmaline by size and color at first glance.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, kind ladies :)

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_4509.JPG
It's gorgeous! Is your sapphire really no an Art Deco piece? I have an argiope spider outside my bedroom window. They are my favorite spiders.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! Is your sapphire really no an Art Deco piece? I have an argiope spider outside my bedroom window. They are my favorite spiders.
Hey, thanks Chatoyancy! The yellow argiope spiders are amazing. I always feel a mix between fear and admiration for their beauty when I see them lol! they are so well camoflaged in the garden that I've had very scary near run ins with them!! It's great once one knows where they are in the garden.

The ring I believe is Edwardian, possibly very late Victorian. So many styles intermixed at the start of the 19th century in a few fast decades. This ring is from around 1910.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey, thanks Chatoyancy! The yellow argiope spiders are amazing. I always feel a mix between fear and admiration for their beauty when I see them lol! The ring I believe is Edwardian, possibly very late Victorian. So many styles intermixed at the start of the 19th century in a few fast decades. This ring is from around 1910.

They are amazing!
Thank you for educating me on the different styles. Sometimes, the styles do mix a bit and it's difficult for me to identify the jewelry style. Your ring is feminine and refined. It's elegant.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are amazing!
Thank you for educating me on the different styles. Sometimes, the styles do mix a bit and it's difficult for me to identify the jewelry style. Your ring is feminine and refined. It's elegant.

Thank you! I know what you mean..it can be really confusing sometimes. I have learned to better distinguish the phases by trying to see the design essence, but it's really hard at times! If anyone is interested, I wrote about just some of the stylistic phases at the start of the 1900's as I understand them. Please feel free to add or correct me because I'm still trying to learn.

As I understand it, the essence of Victorian Jewelry was an emphasis on romanticism, with secrets, symbols and sentimentality. Hence, the proliferation of mourning jewelry, lovers jewelry in all of the forms, and so on.

I'm not an expert, but Edwardian jewelry placed less interest on the romantic. The essence was more rigid and technical by making Lacey, white metal works with diamonds, because use of platinum became known. This is why platinum pieces started really showing up much more then. They could create lighter metal work, and show off the diamonds more. My ring is a perfect example. The focus is on the diamonds and stones, set in platinum. There isn't a strong symbol to it, though I have given it one with the spider association.

Art Deco was a bold period, which took over in architectural forms too. The essence was a geometric language. The gems ar used to enhance the relationship of geometry,. There is a playful boldness and lyrical quality to pieces of this time. Stones were set in built up foundations, usuallystacked with strong forms and diamonds. My large star sapphire is a good example of an Art Deco piece. This then developed into 1940's retro.

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so interesting Bluegemz. Thank you for the explanation! I think I have the most trouble making the distinction between Edwardian and Art Deco jewelry. Sometimes it looks so similar.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so interesting Bluegemz. Thank you for the explanation! I think I have the most trouble making the distinction between Edwardian and Art Deco jewelry. Sometimes it looks so similar.
They really do. And then, there were Art Deco period artists that also continued the Edwardian styles...sigh

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3814.JPG IMG_3816.JPG Love this thread! You get to such so much beauties here that have not had their own SMTB thread.
Today I am wearing my blue zircon by Chris Auletta. Setting with baguettes by Alistair Kelsey.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results