shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Following on the inspiration of ilovegemstones, and the large and strong, wildly romantic look, I'm going to wear my Masha Archer necklace today. She's a Russian designer who creates these massive, shield like pieces, ( her necklaces get much larger than this. Iris Apfel often wears her necklaces). This is brass, rose quartz, and various other stone and glass beads.

IMG_4439.JPG
IMG_4441.JPG

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bluegemz! Actually a jewelry designer friend I know made this one! So glad I bought it. I have worn it a few times Yes the night was fun! I sang Whats Up by 4 Non Blondes with a band! :D

Woah that rose quartz necklace is amazing! That would feel so good on! The gold in your hair compliments the brass really well.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bluegemz! Actually a jewelry designer friend I know made this one! So glad I bought it. I have worn it a few times Yes the night was fun! I sang Whats Up by 4 Non Blondes with a band! :D

Woah that rose quartz necklace is amazing! That would feel so good on! The gold in your hair compliments the brass really well.
Hey thanks! It feels nice and heavy, which is like a shield. It actually feels like a heart protection because I instantly feel stronger when I put it on. I wear it to gallery openings, or to events where I need a bit of drama. Also, sometimes with a simple tank and skirt, when I'm feeling that mood.

I thought that you would appreciate it because you have a similar style in your citrine necklace. Not every one would wear such a bold piece. Love your style!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock

Oh wow I love your necklace! It reminds me of crystallized sugar and I want to eat it!! ...with a side of watermelon jolly ranchers:mrgreen2: Great organic, jewelry gorgeousness!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
First, what an awful experiece! I'd be fuming angry if some one assaulted my child, actually any child! Wow, and the sunglasses to top it off. I know how that goes. With 4 kids, it's easy to get distracted and this leaves the door open for thieves.
I'm glad you had a treat waiting for you at home. I LOVE your new ring! It's big and beautiful, with style and grandeur to spare. The profile is lovely! I think it's truly a find. A repolish should be simple enough, and will make it like new again. Congratulations, Keeliamira! It's wonderful! :razz:

Yes, I was absolutely livid that someone would put their hands on my kids. Fortunately, the water park permanently banned the adult from the park (we are there a ton because we have season passes). My mama-bear instincts were to push for an arrest, but I also didn't want my kids to have to deal with it any longer than necessary.

I LOVE your huge rose quartz necklace. I wish I could wear big necklaces. And thank you for the ring love, BG! I too am really fond of the profile. It's lower than I would have expected based on the scale of the ring. It was impossible to capture the explosions of color and fire in the opals, but I did take a couple of better photos this morning. I am also really fond of the use of high karat gold in the ring...the richness of the gold really plays well against the reds in the opal halo and the rubies. 2017-08-27 12.23.57.jpg 2017-08-27 12.29.27.jpg 2017-08-27 12.38.03.jpg

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, Keeliamira, so sorry to hear that a jerk assaulted your kids! I'm glad the park took it seriously.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0249.JPG
I'm going to a good friend's wedding today. I'm wearing an unheated violetish blue sapphire from Jeff White, my unheated pink sapphire earrings, and mahenge spinel bracelet.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 18

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to a good friend's wedding today. I'm wearing an unheated violetish blue sapphire from Jeff White, my unheated pink sapphire earrings, and mahenge spinel bracelet.
Really pretty, Gingercurls! The earrings are lovely as are the pendant and bracelet. Perfect together for a wedding.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeliamira - glad your kids are okay and love the finger coverage on your ring!

Gingercurls - great color as always in your pieces.

BlueGemz and ilovegemstones - I love your chunky necklaces. Although I have a few CS pendants, I tend to always go for my larger pearls or costume/semi-precious necklaces which make more of a statement.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I love the design of your pendant Gingercurls. And the color of the sapphire is so wonderful... One of my favorite colors!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Following on the inspiration of ilovegemstones, and the large and strong, wildly romantic look, I'm going to wear my Masha Archer necklace today. She's a Russian designer who creates these massive, shield like pieces, ( her necklaces get much larger than this. Iris Apfel often wears her necklaces). This is brass, rose quartz, and various other stone and glass beads.

IMG_4439.JPG
IMG_4441.JPG
I love your statement necklace Bluegemz. It's just fabulous!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love them all! I am really drawn to your sapphire pendant. I hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's what I'm wearing today. My nephrite bangle that I've shown already is the lower one in the picture (higher on my left arm from my perspective). The darker nephrite one was a lot cheaper. On my right arm is my ruby bangle. The ring is a purple 6-ray star sapphire (the star isn't showing in this picture).

IMG_3880.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what I'm wearing today. My nephrite bangle that I've shown already is the lower one in the picture (higher on my left arm from my perspective). The darker nephrite one was a lot cheaper. On my right arm is my ruby bangle. The ring is a purple 6-ray star sapphire (the star isn't showing in this picture).

IMG_3880.JPG
Whoa, love love love your bangles together with the star!! That's a beautiful look and they all compliment each other. I love the large size of the star, especially with the bangle proportions. Such gorgeous colors, all of them. This image made me happy!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whoa, love love love your bangles together with the star!! That's a beautiful look and they all compliment each other. I love the large size of the star, especially with the bangle proportions. Such gorgeous colors, all of them. This image made me happy!

Thanks, Bluegemz! :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom and Mochito, loving these blues. Such lovely shades of blue.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I received the lavender jadeite pendant, the vividness of the color has inspired me to think about what color mood it holds, aside from obvious relationships in the color wheel. It seems to me that lavender really is a color which embodies dichotomy. It is both calming and energetic, strong while remaining gentle, both warm and cool ( in the shade right in between blue based lavender and red based violet). I think this may be why it is considered the crown chakra color, the color of spirit. It is enigmatic, providing both color extroversion and introversion at the same time. This seems to have been recognized for generations...as I am reminded of the 19th century nursery rhyme, "lavender is green, dilly dilly, lavender is blue dilly dilly...."

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's dreamy, Burmesedaze! Love the greys and the rich purple color together. Great proportions together too.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing green nephrire. Yukon 'snow' jade bangle and earrings from a small, private mine on someone's home plot of land in British Columbia. It is prized for its translucence with interesting inclusions and drizzling of lighter, yellow nephrite within it.
Also wearing the disk pendant with the new chain, which I recently showed.
IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results