shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems fitted to the wrist like a Tiffany Bone Cuff... wrists have not changed allot ...

70 MILLENIA

'Guess I could be friends with someone who knows what to do with cuff bracellets & needles, however else they might live.

70K YO ! Eh ...

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer this pendant to the other jadeite carving. Good choice! Tres elegant.
Thank you, Burmesedaze! I'm really pleased that you like this one better than the other.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps worth a laugh: somebody mentioned a green stone bangle with attached charm(s) recently - so it is the first & only design reference that came to mind WWW ...

... goes to show what nothing I know of jade.

The colors of the ring just work, of course ! @corgisage
Now this is so inspiring! People that long ago had a deep yearning for self expression through jewelry arts. It's absolutely beautiful!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dark one here...

I remember it from some posts ago. It is quite a different choice - on the 'interesting' side of things ...

Lang stocked a classical, obvious, bright beauty - of course !

Were these two priced anywhere alike ?

[of course that the fate of the two star sapphires comes to mind ... wide-eyed-edly !]

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really admire the intricate rings here on PS but can't quite to them for my everyday rings. I need durable stones and practical settings because of an adventurous lifestyle. Today the spinels went whitewater rafting in Bali. I am also wearing the amazonite bracelet. The color doesn't match but sometimes I'm lazy to change rings. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I love your spinel rings. The settings are lovely.
Looks like you had a great time rafting and relaxing!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Valeria, thank you. I'm pleased that you think well of the color. It's always a hard choice with so many variations in blues and lavenders. The other one which was tempting for me was the really dark blue purple jade cabochon. But it would have been work to have it set...and by comparison, the other is so complete. This Dark one here...it may have been a challenge to make an elegant pendant out of the shape of it.

IMG_3832.jpg

I would set this like a pearl pendant if it were mine. But colour wise, Lang's is a more true lavender in a classic setting.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember it from some posts ago. It is quite a different choice - on the 'interesting' side of things ...

Lang stocked a classical, obvious, bright beauty - of course !

Were these two priced anywhere alike ?

[of course that the fate of the two star sapphires comes to mind ... wide-eyed-edly !]
Lol, they are somewhat similarly priced with the pendant being a tad more. But I'm setting my limit with just this ONE (for now anyway!)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would set this like a pearl pendant if it were mine. But colour wise, Lang's is a more true lavender in a classic setting.
I think you are right! one would have to set it like a pearl because it's rotund and looks almost as thick as it is wide. Sigh....I do love this one as well for its uniqueness.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! I'm devastated and soooo upset with myself. I decided to take my jewelry off to take a photo to post in the thread for today because I just plain had a whole lot on. As I picked up one of my favorite pieces it slipped out of my hands and hit the ground and broke. :cry2: It's not an expensive piece, but I've never seen another like it and I really love it. It's a large Native American carved figural lapis bead with an eagle head on one side and a skull on the other. Un.happy.day.
Any thoughts on how to repair it?

Jewelry devastation aside, today I wore a Navajo agate ring and a Navajo opal ring (unique in that it's one of the few I've seen in silver using natural opal, not manufactured), a Harvey era silver twisted wire cuff with petrified wood or picture agate depending on who you talk to, a tufa cast coral cuff, contemporary coral and agate earrings, and my jewelry hug today was a coral and silver bench bead necklace my father gifted to my mother when they were in high school.
IMG_20170811_170425242.jpg IMG_20170811_170943392.jpg IMG_20170811_170747874.jpg IMG_20170811_170838504.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeliamira,first, what an amazing collection! I'm truly impressed by the variety you have, and they are all SO unique! I've never seen a Harvey era cuff with the petrified wood in it. I love the coral necklace and the tuffa cast cuff. They are all fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing such special pieces!

Now for the repair...ugh, I'm so sorry this happened! Similar things have happened to me too. The good news is that you can repair it. I would recommend quick set epoxy, the kind that dries in five or ten minutes instead of the epoxy which takes a few hours. You have to mix two parts together which activates the chemical reaction. Epoxy is the most resilient glue, and many jeweler's use it. If you have all the pieces and /or put it together well, I doubt that you will see the break. You will be able to wear it just fine. I'm sorry, this is sad, but it's still beautiful. All jewels eventually sustain wear and tear. At least, this is how I have consoled myself after breaking, banging, scratching, etc.

corgisage

Rough_Rock
Lovely juxtapose of gemstone, metal and jadeite.
Similar to the designs by Choo Yilin and I imagine, other designers that give their own take and play with the non conventional for modern jewellery.
You are right! It's a Choo Yilin design! I really love the juxtaposition of modern and vintage!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! I'm really looking forward to a day of exploring Napa, Sonoma and Petaluma, and drinking some wine. I hope you all make time for a bit of fun/relaxation/ this weekend!

Today I'm wearing these onyx, chalcedony and silver earrings which I bought from a jewelry gallery while on this trip. They are by an artist named Rita Chung, who loves knotting chord and uses many stones such as jade, pearls and chalcedony.( In some of the necklaces of hers which I saw, some of the stones were likely treated, but I felt that the emphasis of her work is on the balance and composition.) I was enchanted with her work because the earrings and necklaces seem to have an interesting equilibrium of the different shapes of carved gems, knotted and suspended with chord.

Also, I'm wearing this silver and moonstone necklace which my mother brought back from Sri Lanka. It makes for a very light look, just a touch of glimmer on the neck. Once, she gave me a white gold necklace on a thin, white gold cable with a tiny star on it, which had a diamond in the center. Sadly, I lost it decades ago. ( which is still upsetting to me.) It was the only other necklace which I've had which also has this very light look, as if it's only noticeable when one looks closely. I feel that pieces like these have an intimacy to them because they are something which the viewer discovers only when looking closely. This is like discovering things about a person as one gets to know them on the path to closeness. It's very interesting to think about the relational style of jewelry..such as intimate pieces, bold pieces which make an immediate, bold impression, etc. how one can combine these different types of jewelry can be like a language in itself!

IMG_4248.JPG
IMG_4246.JPG
IMG_4245.JPG

Last edited:

samranmal

Rough_Rock
I want this cuff!! It is gorgeous! The pattern is so delicate and unique.

Seeing all of this turquoise has inspired me to wear this old Zuni cuff, and this ring today. The ring was a gift from my husband, purchased from the artist last Summer. The cuff was a gift from the year before. Pairing this with a white, embroidered skirt.
IMG_4180.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want this cuff!! It is gorgeous! The pattern is so delicate and unique.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Samranmal, thank you!! The pattern is what attracted me to it as well.

A little more about it; I have since learned that it's an unusual Design. Amazingly, once online, I found a large, 1940's Zuni brooch in the same pattern. When I returned the following day to purchase it, to wear as a pendant, it had sold. That was the only time I found this pattern on another piece. The cuff is likely from the same artist of the pin/pendant, given that the cuff is from that time, approximately. Specific designs were developed in families and were used to identify one family's work from the others. However, during that time period, Zuni artists often did not sign their pieces, so there is no signature and I have no idea who made it. Thankfully, Zuni silversmiths have made a number of related 'snowflake' patterns in turquoise needlepoint which are simply stunning.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, have fun in my home land, I miss northern cali so so much.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! I'm really looking forward to a day of exploring Napa, Sonoma and Petaluma, and drinking some wine. I hope you all make time for a bit of fun/relaxation/ this weekend!

Today I'm wearing these onyx, chalcedony and silver earrings which I bought from a jewelry gallery while on this trip. They are by an artist named Rita Chung, who loves knotting chord and uses many stones such as jade, pearls and chalcedony.( In some of the necklaces of hers which I saw, some of the stones were likely treated, but I felt that the emphasis of her work is on the balance and composition.) I was enchanted with her work because the earrings and necklaces seem to have an interesting equilibrium of the different shapes of carved gems, knotted and suspended with chord.

Also, I'm wearing this silver and moonstone necklace which my mother brought back from Sri Lanka. It makes for a very light look, just a touch of glimmer on the neck. Once, she gave me a white gold necklace on a thin, white gold cable with a tiny star on it, which had a diamond in the center. Sadly, I lost it decades ago. ( which is still upsetting to me.) It was the only other necklace which I've had which also has this very light look, as if it's only noticeable when one looks closely. I feel that pieces like these have an intimacy to them because they are something which the viewer discovers only when looking closely. This is like discovering things about a person as one gets to know them on the path to closeness. It's very interesting to think about the relational style of jewelry..such as intimate pieces, bold pieces which make an immediate, bold impression, etc. how one can combine these different types of jewelry can be like a language in itself!

IMG_4248.JPG
IMG_4246.JPG
IMG_4245.JPG

I love those earrings!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, have fun in my home land, I miss northern cali so so much.
I totally relate...This area is dear to my heart. It's so beautiful! I grew up in Berkeley. Just hate that we don't live here . It's impossible to get California out of my soul.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I would recommend quick set epoxy, the kind that dries in five or ten minutes instead of the epoxy which takes a few hours. You have to mix two parts together which activates the chemical reaction. Epoxy is the most resilient glue, and many jeweler's use it. If you have all the pieces and /or put it together well, I doubt that you will see the break. You will be able to wear it just fine. I'm sorry, this is sad, but it's still beautiful. All jewels eventually sustain wear and tear. At least, this is how I have consoled myself after breaking, banging, scratching, etc.

Thank you for the epoxy suggestion. I hadn't thought of that. ... But I did resist the urge to use nail glue! :mrgreen2:
And thank you for all the sweet compliments, Bluegemz.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Mochiko, your moonstone ring is TDF... Like a crystal ball! I wouldn't be able to stop playing with the light against it if it were on my finger.

BlueGemz, the juxtaposition of color and size in your earrings is lovely. Great find! And I forgot to gush about your divine turquoise cuff... bestill my heart! : love:

Trionacat, what a beautiful blue color...Congrats on your new beauty!

Today I picked up this sparkly diamond and sapphire pendant in 14k I absolutely fell in love with the color of the ceylon sapphires. They are all full cut and so perfectly matched... I'm a sucker for blue, again and again. It's a bit larger than I normally wear around my neck because I have a large scar from a surgery that I don't like to draw attention to, but I couldn't resist. To give you some idea, the diamond bar/bail is about an inch long. I think I'll be picking up a very thin omega or something similar for it.
IMG_20170812_202010009.jpg IMG_20170812_181843210.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keelamira, that's a beautiful pendant! I love the rich blue of the sapphires and the curved shape of the heart design!

You're right, it's difficult to stop playing with this ring! Here are a couple photos from today where I caught the sun reflected in the moonstone. Sun and moon together, lol! :lol:

20170813_123718.jpg 20170813_123750.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko, your moonstone ring is TDF... Like a crystal ball! I wouldn't be able to stop playing with the light against it if it were on my finger.

BlueGemz, the juxtaposition of color and size in your earrings is lovely. Great find! And I forgot to gush about your divine turquoise cuff... bestill my heart! : love:

Trionacat, what a beautiful blue color...Congrats on your new beauty!

Today I picked up this sparkly diamond and sapphire pendant in 14k I absolutely fell in love with the color of the ceylon sapphires. They are all full cut and so perfectly matched... I'm a sucker for blue, again and again. It's a bit larger than I normally wear around my neck because I have a large scar from a surgery that I don't like to draw attention to, but I couldn't resist. To give you some idea, the diamond bar/bail is about an inch long. I think I'll be picking up a very thin omega or something similar for it.
IMG_20170812_202010009.jpg IMG_20170812_181843210.jpg
It's beautiful, Keeliamira! Congratulations! I love the large size of it, and of course the blue color is fabulous. I imagine one might be able to see the color and sparkle from across a room, which is wonderful. I'm so glad you got something special for yourself!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results