shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately, I've been Wearing this jadeite and 14k hinged bangle...
IMG_4099.JPG
IMG_4098.JPG

Y'all go on and continue to enjoy what Blue posts...I'm going to stay here and continue to drool and may or may not catch back up.

Everything about that bangle is meeeeeee! I would so cherish that one and love it to death. Sigh...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the joy of wearing

Nice to see ! & easy to understand - the violet stones rhime together.

The pearls look half-way between metal & gem ...

___
Footnote: I could not answer your question; likely because no item has ever fealt personal enough.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all go on and continue to enjoy what Blue posts...I'm going to stay here and continue to drool and may or may not catch back up.

Everything about that bangle is meeeeeee! I would so cherish that one and love it to death. Sigh...
What a compliment! Thank you Minous.,

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to see ! & easy to understand - the violet stones rhime together.

The pearls look half-way between metal & gem ...

___
Footnote: I could not answer your question; likely because no item has ever fealt personal enough.
Valeria, that is an interesting and very true description, that lavender stones rhime together. They have a way of popping out and connecting to each other visually.
You are right, these pearls sometimes look like steel balls in certain lights.
I am curious...are you saying that no jewelry has felt personal enough to bring joy when wearing it? Do you have a favorite which is more personal than others? A thought about types of love,.... Maybe there can be a more abstract love and appreciation without being personal?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am curious...are you saying that no jewelry has felt personal enough to bring joy when wearing it? Do you have a favorite which is more personal than others? A thought about types of love,.... Maybe there can be a more abstract love and appreciation without being personal?

When I read your question asking about 'jewels', I thought of stones - and true enough, no precious stone I owned got to me much: I had bought a few because I liked them, then... because uninterested in them rather fast. If they had been seriously valuable, they'd be rotting in a vault, somewere. All went away & I remained with an interest. Pricescope buttressed this trend with all its delightful technicalities about diamonds which have always been an 'abstract love' (Thx. for the wording !)

Of course, 'jewel' means more than 'stone'. In this sense, I could count a couple of pieces of metal that brought intense joy: some comming of age gifts, some 'spoils' from work relating to Au (e.g. I used to wear a long, not so thin bar coiled around the hand - like train-wreck sculpture ... It eventually got deposited into my account & I do regret the deed) I wish I still had my chieldhood pieces - although as jewels, they were chieldish. SUM: gold is magic, in the sense of the treasures of Troy & its many local versions... [ Your gold flower pin sure does speak my native language ! ]

It is possible that there be jewels my next work assignment - then, I know I will keep something to wear. [hint: pearls, metallic - to a lover of gold ... ]

Thanks for asking ,-)

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just love all your jadeite pieces, Bluegemz. I find it amazing that a bangle bracelet can be almost transparent. The colours are so subtle and beautiful.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love all your jadeite pieces, Bluegemz. I find it amazing that a bangle bracelet can be almost transparent. The colours are so subtle and beautiful.
Thank you, Garnetgirl! Sigh...jadeite really is vast because of all the separate qualities. How they come together allows for a huge variety of types of jade. My feeling is that one can have many jade bangles but not feel that any are repetitive because they are so different from each other. This has made me really fascinated with this gem.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I read your question asking about 'jewels', I thought of stones - and true enough, no precious stone I owned got to me much: I had bought a few because I liked them, then... because uninterested in them rather fast. If they had been seriously valuable, they'd be rotting in a vault, somewere. All went away & I remained with an interest. Pricescope buttressed this trend with all its delightful technicalities about diamonds which have always been an 'abstract love' (Thx. for the wording !)

Of course, 'jewel' means more than 'stone'. In this sense, I could count a couple of pieces of metal that brought intense joy: some comming of age gifts, some 'spoils' from work relating to Au (e.g. I used to wear a long, not so thin bar coiled around the hand - like train-wreck sculpture ... It eventually got deposited into my account & I do regret the deed) I wish I still had my chieldhood pieces - although as jewels, they were chieldish. SUM: gold is magic, in the sense of the treasures of Troy & its many local versions... [ Your gold flower pin sure does speak my native language ! ]

It is possible that there be jewels my next work assignment - then, I know I will keep something to wear. [hint: pearls, metallic - to a lover of gold ... ]

Thanks for asking ,-)
Valeria, I also think that metal and gold especially is so profound in its beauty. It's a true essence. I LOVE the high karat gold in its pure forms...As I understand what you wrote, .you were able to release some pieces, which takes a special kind of openness to life, even if one regrets having parted from some things.
I hope this next project does lead to some metallic pearls! Those are such a beautiful combination of polarities, soft glow with a cutting reflection, warmth and coolness, soft and hard, etc.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so lovely! Even though I love jade, I don't wear it, but you're making me reconsider. :lickout:
Mochito, thank you! I imagine a touch of jade would be beautiful mixed in with your collection of wonderful jewelry.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Openness to life...when one releases items, in whatever way, i believe that there exists an underlying faith that life will provide new things, ideas and experiences to love, that plenitude and fullness will once again come into one's life.

It is the opposite of holding on tightly, which is often based on underlying fear of irreplaceablility, fragility and maybe even the lost love of something...

(Personally, I have felt both!)

How exciting, these upcoming events sound!

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz Too exciting ... [04:11 - before a bewildering day ... This time, throwing gold to the wind does not help, writing does !]

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Today I pulled out some of my turquoise pieces. The pieces on my left hand are much older than the ones on my right. (Not shown: long Zuni old pawn dangly turquoise earrings) Today's "jewelry hug" was from my grandmother and her petit point cuff (right hand). IMG_20170806_123000532_HDR.jpg IMG_20170806_123032642_HDR.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I pulled out some of my turquoise pieces. The pieces on my left hand are much older than the ones on my right. (Not shown: long Zuni old pawn dangly turquoise earrings) Today's "jewelry hug" was from my grandmother and her petit point cuff (right hand). IMG_20170806_123000532_HDR.jpg IMG_20170806_123032642_HDR.jpg
Oh my, I LOVE these! What a wonderful collection, Keeliamira! I'm impressed by both the items, and how you are wearing them!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, I LOVE these! What a wonderful collection, Keeliamira! I'm impressed by both the items, and how you are wearing them!

Thank you Blue! Being from the West, Navajo, Zuni, and Hopi jewelry is near and dear to my heart. And my jewel box in total is very much skewed towards blues and greens and aquas... They remind me of the sky and the sea in so many of their variations. I'm convinced blue is the color of my soul... In a good way.8)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Blue! Being from the West, Navajo, Zuni, and Hopi jewelry is near and dear to my heart. And my jewel box in total is very much skewed towards blues and greens and aquas... They remind me of the sky and the sea in so many of their variations. I'm convinced blue is the color of my soul... In a good way.8)
This is just how I feel as well! I completely share your taste and feeling about blues! (And the love of Native American Jewelry.) with blues, I love the variations, from blue greens to lavender and violet blues, to grey blues, from strong, saturated blues to watery blues. This color range feels deep, soothing, wild, free, mysterious and powerful, Like the forces of nature which cannot be tamed, and most importantly, transcendant, dreamy and ethereal in a way which is beyond the self. Thinking of 'soul', I cannot imagine any other color as fitting as blue !

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, I have shown these things before, but today I'm wearing my aquamarine cabochon pendant which has a horse carved in it from the underside. The pendant is 22k and the chord is 18k. Also, my boa snake ring which was made for the vonsen's blue jade cabochon in it, which my husband found on the beach.

IMG_4204.JPG
IMG_4203.JPG
IMG_4191.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Again, I have shown these things before, but today I'm wearing my aquamarine cabochon pendant which has a horse carved in it from the underside. The pendant is 22k and the chord is 18k. Also, my boa snake ring which was made for the vonsen's blue jade cabochon in it, which my husband found on the beach.

IMG_4204.JPG
IMG_4203.JPG
IMG_4191.JPG
Gorgeous! I love them both! What a special ring. That truly is one of a kind.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
This is just how I feel as well! I completely share your taste and feeling about blues! (And the love of Native American Jewelry.) with blues, I love the variations, from blue greens to lavender and violet blues, to grey blues, from strong, saturated blues to watery blues. This color range feels deep, soothing, wild, free, mysterious and powerful, Like the forces of nature which cannot be tamed, and most importantly, transcendant, dreamy and ethereal in a way which is beyond the self. Thinking of 'soul', I cannot imagine any other color as fitting as blue !

I could not have said it any better! I so agree! Now I feel like I should say "Hey baby, what's your sign?" :lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could not have said it any better! I so agree! Now I feel like I should say "Hey baby, what's your sign?" :lol:
Lol!! That is hilarious! " I'm a Gemini with Leo rising....how about you, baby?"

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love, love, love!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valeria, I also think that metal and gold especially is so profound in its beauty. It's a true essence. I LOVE the high karat gold in its pure forms...As I understand what you wrote, .you were able to release some pieces, which takes a special kind of openness to life, even if one regrets having parted from some things.
I hope this next project does lead to some metallic pearls! Those are such a beautiful combination of polarities, soft glow with a cutting reflection, warmth and coolness, soft and hard, etc.
I need "very metallic", very reflective, pearls for my dream project

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need "very metallic", very reflective, pearls for my dream project
Arkteia, metallic pearls are really so stunning. I'm curious about what your dream project is....

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really admire the intricate rings here on PS but can't quite to them for my everyday rings. I need durable stones and practical settings because of an adventurous lifestyle. Today the spinels went whitewater rafting in Bali. I am also wearing the amazonite bracelet. The color doesn't match but sometimes I'm lazy to change rings. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results