shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am missing my Dad today (he is in Russia) so I decided to have a "jewelry hug." There were gifts from my Dad, a Zuni coral ring, a turquoise bracelet from Four Corners, an amber necklace and Amazonite earrings that were mined right where I live.
IMG_20170804_073813.jpg
IMG_20170804_073932.jpg
IMG_20170804_073946.jpg

I love this! What a beautiful, generous father you have. All such treasures of the earth, and so colorful. I love your Zuni cuff! Zuni turquoise inlay is very dear to my heart.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am lucky that my Dad is best friends with a Zuni silversmith. I *believe* the cuff is Navajo and the amber is Hopi. Dad has good taste. He picked out my Mom a nice fat emerald :tongue:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am lucky that my Dad is best friends with a Zuni silversmith. I *believe* the cuff is Navajo and the amber is Hopi. Dad has good taste. He picked out my Mom a nice fat emerald :tongue:
Oh, I misread, your ring is Zuni! The cuff could easily be Zuni in style, though it's Navajo. There is a lot of overlap and cross influence between the 2 tribal styles. As I understand it, the Navajo were the most famous silversmiths. The work is often heavy in silver, including stamped and embellished silver. In many pieces the silver work is the focal point and the stones adorn the silver work. In Zuni, it's all about the stones and the silver is the medium to show the stones and patterns, which are the focal points.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! A Zuni cuff is on my wish list (can't decide between turquoise or coral). Yours is GORGEOUS!
A Zuni squash blossom necklace is on my wish list lol! :)

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! A Zuni cuff is on my wish list (can't decide between turquoise or coral). Yours is GORGEOUS!
It was funny my Dad was going to Four Corners and they have an open market where you can buy any and all kinds of stunning American Indian jewelry. I was trying to describe what I wanted but he was not getting it so I drew him a crude sketch on a napkin. Score for me! He is such a good sport. He has my ring size memorized :lol:

A Zuni squash blossom necklace is on my wish list lol! :)
Right? I keep trying but I can't find one! The one pictured is particularly nice. WANT!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:pray:
It was funny my Dad was going to Four Corners and they have an open market where you can buy any and all kinds of stunning American Indian jewelry. I was trying to describe what I wanted but he was not getting it so I drew him a crude sketch on a napkin. Score for me! He is such a good sport. He has my ring size memorized :lol:

Right? I keep trying but I can't find one! The one pictured is particularly nice. WANT!
I know, good ones are hard to find and $$$$. My mother in law has 3 and I'm really hoping that maybe she'll decide to pass one on to me. :pray:

I have 2 turquoise cuffs but have long wanted one more...this one here...this one is Navajo and one can see that extra ring of ornamental silver work. Sigh...would be a total dream to wear this. The size grips the arm and the feeling was of strength, order, security, like an armor. but also these turquoise inlay pieces are deeply meditative. One can contemplate the order and the pattern as one does when one looks at a mandala. I find that It's quieting of the mind. there is a sacred geometry in these, a pattern language!
IMG_1332.JPG

Last edited:

samranmal

Rough_Rock
:pray:
I know, good ones are hard to find and $$$$. My mother in law has 3 and I'm really hoping that maybe she'll decide to pass one on to me. :pray:

I have 2 turquoise cuffs but have long wanted one more...this one here...this one is Navajo and one can see that extra ring of ornamental silver work. Sigh...would be a total dream to wear this. The size grips the arm and the feeling was of strength, order, security, like an armor. but also these turquoise inlay pieces are deeply meditative. One can contemplate the order and the pattern as one does when one looks at a mandala. I find that It's quieting of the mind. there is a sacred geometry in these, a pattern language!
IMG_1332.JPG

I love all of these pictures!
I was lucky to inherit the necklace, because yes they are $$$$...there are matching earrings and a Zuni ring as well. My Grandma actually bought it from her needlepoint instructor who was dying of cancer and had no heirs. My Grandma had always admired the jewelry and so got to keep a 'part' of her mentor which eventually made it to me. Her needlepoint instructor had actually been a survivor of the holocaust and bought the necklace/earrings when she first came to the states. I love that I know the stories of the two fiercely strong woman who owned it before me :)

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@samranmal that is a wonderful story. I am a believer in items having energy, and your pieces must have very strong, loving energy (very hippy, I know :D)

@Bluegemz I do see what you mean about it being kind of relaxing. I think you would love depression era Pueblo Thunderbird jewelry. I saw it in a measure and I was amazing at the ingenuity and beauty. Literally taking trash and turning it into art. I would post pictures but I am not sure that is allowed.
http://makinghistorynow.com/2015/06...hunderbird-jewelry-coming-to-our-art-museums/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Depression-...854632?hash=item3d3a48cce8:g:n-AAAOSwAPVZDkHQ

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all of these pictures!
I was lucky to inherit the necklace, because yes they are $$$$...there are matching earrings and a Zuni ring as well. My Grandma actually bought it from her needlepoint instructor who was dying of cancer and had no heirs. My Grandma had always admired the jewelry and so got to keep a 'part' of her mentor which eventually made it to me. Her needlepoint instructor had actually been a survivor of the holocaust and bought the necklace/earrings when she first came to the states. I love that I know the stories of the two fiercely strong woman who owned it before me :)
That is a wonderful story that goes with such a wonderful set.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@samranmal that is a wonderful story. I am a believer in items having energy, and your pieces must have very strong, loving energy (very hippy, I know :D)

@Bluegemz I do see what you mean about it being kind of relaxing. I think you would love depression era Pueblo Thunderbird jewelry. I saw it in a measure and I was amazing at the ingenuity and beauty. Literally taking trash and turning it into art. I would post pictures but I am not sure that is allowed.
http://makinghistorynow.com/2015/06...hunderbird-jewelry-coming-to-our-art-museums/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Depression-...854632?hash=item3d3a48cce8:g:n-AAAOSwAPVZDkHQ
Those are amazing and inspiring. Thanks for the link!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle- that is my favorite shade of blue- with just a touch of green. Your ring is so elegant and beautiful. :love: I love that you matched it with an equally stunning diamond band to really make the beautiful tourmaline pop.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle- that is my favorite shade of blue- with just a touch of green. Your ring is so elegant and beautiful. :love: I love that you matched it with an equally stunning diamond band to really make the beautiful tourmaline pop.

Thank you! I too have such a soft spot for blue-green colors. :lol-2:
They currently make up most of my collection.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I love the colour! Can I ask where you got the aqua? I love the slightly elongated side stones too: they make for a very striking setting. Beautiful!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my newly set aquamarine! Just received it yesterday! IMG_1131.JPG
Ooh, congratulations Eady! Beautiful color, and a beautifully intense stone. Love the trillions with it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I stacked my 18kt sapphire eternity band with my platinum diamond band.

IMG_2384.JPG

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how this bangle glows in the sunlight. It's heavenly. :love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how this bangle glows in the sunlight. It's heavenly. :love:
Thanks LisaRN! This one has the most interesting color clouds in it of all of my bangles. I always think of a storm blowing in.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, nothing I haven't posted before, but this my combination today. At this moment, the full delight of the joy of wearing gems today has struck me. Really, what fun to be able to wear gifts from the earth. What jewels are you wearing joyously ?
IMG_4157.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4156.JPG
    IMG_4156.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 15

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently, I saw these 2 jade pendants. The carved one I already showed, but the pendant I recently saw. I'm absolutely in love with both! The one with the diamonds is very sparkly and a great size. It's set in platinum. The carved one is great to touch because it's so smooth and cool. This is getting dangerous because I am missing a blue or lavender jadeite pendant to tie certain things together...

IMG_4084.jpg
IMG_4085.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4085.PNG
    IMG_4085.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results