shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some gems refuse to be photographed properly. This tourmaline is one of them. In real life it is a color-changer, very flashy, moody and capricious. It goes from hot fuschia purple to dusky pink to fanta orange to a cognac orangey brown. But most of the time my camera phone shows it as a dull brown, unfortunately. Luckily today I was able to get 2 photos which show some of its moods!

20170824_160714.jpg 20170824_161553.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some gems refuse to be photographed properly. This tourmaline is one of them. In real life it is a color-changer, very flashy, moody and capricious. It goes from hot fuschia purple to dusky pink to fanta orange to a cognac orangey brown. But most of the time my camera phone shows it as a dull brown, unfortunately. Luckily today I was able to get 2 photos which show some of its moods!

20170824_160714.jpg 20170824_161553.jpg

Such a gorgeous ring! I love the flashes of orange in the first pic and the pretty purple in the second. :love:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful ring! I like that the stone is the star of the show. It looks huge!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous, Mochito!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing new here, but this is what I'm wearing today...bracing for a long day at the office.

Pendant: Chinese white Hetian river jade pendant.
Cycled back to wearing the 2 stars.

IMG_4353.JPG
IMG_4357.JPG
IMG_4360.JPG

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz I love your star sapphires. It's fascinating to see their individual personalities shine through =)2

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz I love your star sapphires. It's fascinating to see their individual personalities shine through =)2
Thankyou! One thing about their personalities and large sizes is that it suddenly feels really strange to wear my other right hand rings because I've become used to the larger sizes of the stars. I felt almost bare wearing my smaller rings. It's kind of readjusted my perception of what proportions look good on me. Now I'm just not as in love with my smaller rings, simply because of size. I wasn't expecting that.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Because size does matter :lol:

Jokes aside, not everyone carries statuesque pieces well. You do.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because size does matter :lol:

Jokes aside, not everyone carries statuesque pieces well. You do.
Lol, Thank you. It's almost sad when suddenly one feels blah about what one used to love. I'm sure it's just a phase though.

Last edited:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely pink in that tourmaline ring Mochiko! I love the setting too.

Bluegem you do wear big jewelry well. I am 5'1 so it is a bit tougher! I love your star sapphire rings.

Today I am wearing a neon apatite ring, 6 x 4 mm. and a carved beryl frog ring with ruby eyes in gold. I breed dart frogs so this is a special one to me. My little friend! 20170824_112347_HDR.jpg 20170824_112133_HDR.jpg 20170824_112451_HDR.jpg 20170824_111606_HDR.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bluegem you do wear big jewelry well. I am 5'1 so it is a bit tougher! I love your star sapphire rings.

Today I am wearing a neon apatite ring, 6 x 4 mm. and a carved beryl frog ring with ruby eyes in gold. I breed dart frogs so this is a special one to me. My little friend! 20170824_112347_HDR.jpg 20170824_112133_HDR.jpg 20170824_112451_HDR.jpg 20170824_111606_HDR.jpg
Oh wow! I LOVE your frog ring. It's SO unique and well carved. That's one of the most delightful rings I've seen in a long time!

Thank you for the compliment! I'm 5'10" so I do have to get a bit more coverage with jewelry, which can be really annoying because I do think that dainty things are equally beautiful.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

The carved frog ring gets my vote for Most Unique Ring ever!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170824_144836_HDR.jpg 20170824_144914_HDR.jpg Well thank you Burmesedaze and Blue gems! It is a nice reminder to me that the amount I love a piece does not necessarily correlate with how much I spent on it. This ring does bring me lots of joy!

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170824_144836_HDR.jpg 20170824_144914_HDR.jpg Well thank you Burmesedaze and Blue gems! It is a nice reminder to me that the amount I love a piece does not necessarily correlate with how much I spent on it. This ring does bring me lots of joy!
I also Just love your turquoise bracelet, your stack with the octopus coin in it, and how you've combined them! Very cool!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh wow, ilovegemstones, your frog ring is delightful! I love your turquoise and apatite, too!

Ok, I got the untreated nephrite bangle today. It is, as I expected, less saturated than the vendor photos, but it's pretty anyway, and my husband loves it. What do you think? I was expecting it to be a warmer green than it is.

mynephritebangle1.jpg

mynephritebangle2.jpg

mynephritebangle3.jpg

mynephritebangle4.jpg

mynephritebangle5.jpg

I took this next photo inside, with afternoon sun streaming in through the window. I like the wave. The color is different inside.

mynephritebangle6.jpg

Here are a few other items. There's a warm green nephrite pendant, a milky white and black "Xiu jade" (which is supposed to be nephrite, but might actually be some kind of serpentine) bangle, and a dyed vibrant green jadeite carved bangle, which is a bit too saturated, but I fond it lovely anyway. You can also see it two photos up behind the nephrite one I'm wearing. These three things were inexpensive. The bangle (above) that I got today was not. What do you think?

mynephritebangle7.jpg

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Oooohhh...so many beautiful things!

Mochiko, your color change tourmaline is beautiful. I'm glad you were able to capture some of it's personalities to share with us. I can only imagne how fantastic it must be in person!

Ilovegemstones, I am over the mooooon for your frog ring! I had a frog collection at one time and your ring beats all of it together!

Tourmaline, I really like the lush color of your untreated bangle and its various moods. That said, if you don't absolutely love it that probably won't change over time. The black and white bangle is a favorite. Great stuff!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
In my hunt to learn about jade, I picked up this necklace I wore today at a tag sale. It's about 3+ inches long and a lovely warm whiteish color. I think it's old. My research tells me is a Buddhist prayer wheel in a double gourd shape. The two wheels both spin inside the carving. It's about 7-8mm thick. Anything else you can tell me maybe?
20170824_175744.jpg 20170824_183549.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tourmaline, I really like the lush color of your untreated bangle and its various moods. That said, if you don't absolutely love it that probably won't change over time. The black and white bangle is a favorite. Great stuff!

Thanks! I am trying to decide whether to keep it or return it. I feel like I spent too much for what it is.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline, it's a lovely bangle! That milky part in it is very interesting in how it contrasts with the deeper green. Within the green nephrites, there is a sizeable range of greens, texture, clarity and patterns/types of inclusions. Yours is definitely a certain type with that milky layer. It also has a nice substantial size. The serpentine one is lovely as well because of how dramatic it is. Very wonderful treasures!

Re: deciding to keep a bangle or not: the quality seems good. It has a nice texture and not too many black spots. The fewer in general, the more expensive the bangle will be,(except in certain types prized for the inclusions.) color will affect price too, with the purest greens being most valuable. I believe that more green blues are more priced than the yellow greens and much more so than the olive greens. Yours is solidly very nice quality in all of these categories. Still, it should move you for you to love it. Some jades don't do it for subtle reasons that are hard to explain. Jade love is super deep and personal.
If you wear it for a day or two, it might help to decide by feeling feeling the energy of it, the mood that it gives to wear it. Doing that has helped me to decide in the past.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my hunt to learn about jade, I picked up this necklace I wore today at a tag sale. It's about 3+ inches long and a lovely warm whiteish color. I think it's old. My research tells me is a Buddhist prayer wheel in a double gourd shape. The two wheels both spin inside the carving. It's about 7-8mm thick. Anything else you can tell me maybe?
I cannot tell sbout the carving, but I can tell you that it looks like untreated jadeite, especially in the first picture. The second makes me think it could be white nephrite jade too, but I think that it's much more likely that it's jadeite.
I hope someone here can give info about the carving! Good job finding a beautiful carved piece!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tourmaline, it's a lovely bangle! That milky part in it is very interesting in how it contrasts with the deeper green. Within the green nephrites, there is a sizeable range of greens, texture, clarity and patterns/types of inclusions. Yours is definitely a certain type with that milky layer. It also has a nice substantial size. The serpentine one is lovely as well because of how dramatic it is. Very wonderful treasures!

Re: deciding to keep a bangle or not: the quality seems good. It has a nice texture and not too many black spots. The fewer in general, the more expensive the bangle will be,(except in certain types prized for the inclusions.) color will affect price too, with the purest greens being most valuable. I believe that more green blues are more priced than the yellow greens and much more so than the olive greens. Yours is solidly very nice quality in all of these categories. Still, it should move you for you to love it. Some jades don't do it for subtle reasons that are hard to explain. Jade love is super deep and personal.
If you wear it for a day or two, it might help to decide by feeling feeling the energy of it, the mood that it gives to wear it. Doing that has helped me to decide in the past.

Thank you so much for this post! It's very helpful. I'll let you know what I decide.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I sent the photos to my jeweller who replied "I think jadeite, old stock".
Very unusual carving. I've not seen that before :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a beautiful pendant Keliamira!
Tourmaline, the bangle is beautiful and I really like your other two bangles. I don't know much about jade but it looks great on you!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thorstedswife, Really a lovely pear shape and color. A gorgeous ring, both down to earth in the gentle green, and glamorous in the shape, size and halo.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, a confession..,after work today, I picked up this old, 18k gold chain. I've long wanted a thick chain that could be doubled, even tripled for pendants. This one is about 60 inches. It has that sturdy, old world handmade feel. Here it is paired with a nephrite pendant with a spess center stone. I've shown the pendant before, but the chain is new.
IMG_4388.JPG
IMG_4389.JPG

Last edited:

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Thorstedswife, Really a lovely pear shape and color. A gorgeous ring, both down to earth in the gentle green, and glamorous in the shape, size and halo.

Why thank you;)2 i am glad you like it . Always willing to add to the eye candy .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results